Old Yesterday, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Kitchen View Post
Individual 1 talking to reporters this morning:
1-I had one of the greatest election wins in history, and somebody who didn't get any votes is going to be writing a report.
2-ISIS will be eliminated by tonight.
https://crooksandliars.com/cltv/2019...e-gone-tonight
Whoa! Countdown to this!
“Our government may at some time be in the hands of a bad man. When in the hands of a good man it is all well enough.” But “we ought to have our government so shaped that even when in the hands of a bad man we shall be safe.” Frederick Douglass
Old Yesterday, 01:58 PM
KB not found. Press any key
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colibri View Post
Ramses II, Moses, and Nefertari

Hieroglyphics are particularly hard to do.
Drink enough papyrus beer and it's easy.
Old Yesterday, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson1972 View Post
Wait, is that some joke that is always in the Economic Report?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasmoocher View Post
Did this happen last year? (I don't know if this is an annual report.)

Is it some kind of tradition and have other admin's done this? Other Trump agencies?
The 2018 urp ERP can be found here. To save you the trouble of downloading and scrolling to document page 526 (file page 531),
Student interns provide invaluable help with research projects, day-to-day operations, and fact-checking. Interns during the year were Jackson Bednar, Jake Bochner, Alexis Cirrotti, Erin Deal, Danielle DiQuattro, Ian Dunne, Peter Ferrara, Neil Filosa, A. J. Glubzinski, Daniel Gold, Jenny Grimberg, Maria Hussain, Ayesha Karnik, Paul Keady, J. T. Kirk, Jee Young Kim, Nicole Korkos, Grace Lafaire, Adina Lasser, Alex Magnuson, Megan Maloney, Akbar Naqvi, J-L. Picard, Jules Ross, Danielle Sockin, Sharan Subramanian, Brian Trainer, Laura Wilcox, and Michael Zhou.
Old Yesterday, 03:19 PM
KB not found. Press any key
Charter Member

Here is a thread to name those pissing in the snow.
Old Yesterday, 03:24 PM

And for further reference, here is the 2015 ERP, which does not seem to have eastereggs in the intern list on page 376 (381).
Old Yesterday, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschereal View Post
And for further reference, here is the 2015 ERP, which does not seem to have eastereggs in the intern list on page 376 (381).
So, the take-home message is that Obama/Hillary's Deep State is to blame for the vandalism of the Trump admin's report?

We need a special counsel to investigate!
Old Yesterday, 04:14 PM
Charter Member

A link to a Thomas Friedman column from the New York Times; and yeah, the guy can be real easy to parody sometimes. But I just want to focus on one quote from the column:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Friedman
The U.S. doesn’t even have ambassadors in Egypt, Turkey, Iraq, the United Arab Emirates, Jordan or Saudi Arabia...
HOLY FUCKING SHIT! Trump has been motherfucking President of the United States for over TWO FUCKING YEARS! In addition to being a corrupt grifter, and a malignant narcissist, and a probable Russian agent, and a racist demagogue, and just being generally fucking Evil, Trump has produced the most grab-ass-tic piece of amphibian shit of a presidential administration in the god-damned history of the Republic. Once again, the only thing standing between us and a Sci-Fi Dystopia, with some kind of Trumpist Flag flying over the White House and the Orangshirts dragging people off in the wee hours of the morning and Congress and the Supreme Court rounded up and shot on live Pay-Per-View TV, is that "Individual-1" is so completely incompetent, so fundamentally low-energy (and, as always, projects more than your local multiplex), and just so utterly inept at actually running any kind of a large organization, that he couldn't organize a military parade with two tanks and a corporal, let alone successfully overthrow a (semi-)functional constitutional democracy. The man couldn't pour a Russian hooker's piss out of her very stylish dominatrix boot if she were spanking him and calling him a naughty piss-pouring boy and ordering him to fucking get on with it and wet Obama's bed already.

I mean, as Friedman sort of alludes to
Quote:
...and the U.S. ambassador to Israel, a former Trump bankruptcy lawyer, is so enthralled with the right-wing Jewish settler movement that he is more a propagandist than a diplomat.
it's probably a good thing that Trump hasn't actually appointed any of his own people to these positions; God only knows what kind of scam artists and bottom-feeding scum he'd put in there. Does he even know that he's supposed to be appointing people? Did his fucking attention just wander or something once he got through the exhausting business of appointing a whole fifteen different heads of federal departments? "OK, that's all the secretaries and the attorney general, and the deputy secretaries; now on to--Ooh, look! A big truck! Let me ride it, let me ride it! I wanna honk the horn!"

He's also astoundingly bad at firing people, but that's a whole other rant.

Ceterum censeo imperium Trumpi esse delendam
Old Yesterday, 04:37 PM

I'm trying to parse this latest sick ass bullshit...

A clip from last week’s episode of Showtime’s The Circus is making the rounds and it features a “Build The Wall” rally held by decaying racist Steve Bannon in Cincinnati, OH. In the clip, a woman who seems very angry about all the “winning” Trump’s been doing steps up to the microphone to tell us how she really feels.

https://twitter.com/kaleenka/status/1107526266775703552

“I am so upset that we’ve got so much trash that is supposedly representing us in Washington,” the woman says. “Never in my life did I think I’d like to see a dictator, but if there’s going to be one, I want it to be Trump!”
And that’s when the audience—and a serenely smiling Steve Bannon—applaud and cheer.

Let that sink in... She takes the stage at an event hosted by Steve Bannon and calls for a Trump dictatorship. And they fucking CHEER. Forget any soft talk about "alt right", they are god damn Nazis.
Old Yesterday, 05:09 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEBuckner View Post
A link to a Thomas Friedman column from the New York Times; and yeah, the guy can be real easy to parody sometimes. But I just want to focus on one quote from the column:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Friedman
The U.S. doesn’t even have ambassadors in Egypt, Turkey, Iraq, the United Arab Emirates, Jordan or Saudi Arabia...
it's probably a good thing that Trump hasn't actually appointed any of his own people to these positions; God only knows what kind of scam artists and bottom-feeding scum he'd put in there.
You are correct, it might be a blessing. Look at what happens when he does name an ambassador.

Quote:
A top German politician is calling for the expulsion of U.S. Ambassador Richard Grenell, who he says is acting like “a high commissioner of an occupying power.”

Grenell, a former Republican operative with a penchant for outrageous statements, has angered opposition lawmakers in Germany, who claim he is interfering in sovereign German matters.
Old Yesterday, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasmoocher View Post
So, the take-home message is that Obama/Hillary's Deep State is to blame for the vandalism of the Trump admin's report?
We need a special counsel to investigate!
My guess is that the cartoonish additions are an expression of the Trumpites' general contempt for the federal government, and for the clients for products of that government (i.e. taxpayers who might want to read that report).
Old Yesterday, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherrerd View Post
My guess is that the cartoonish additions are an expression of the Trumpites' general contempt for the federal government, and for the clients for products of that government (i.e. taxpayers who might want to read that report).
On one hand -

it ensures people will actually read these things now - no one reads movie credits unless there are easter eggs in them - and maybe actually gives a few of the interns some much needed recognition.

I can get behind that.

On the other hand -

Conspiracy flakes will use these "code names" for much more interesting pieces. We don't need to feed the idiots.
Old Yesterday, 10:29 PM

Individual 1, making a speech at a tank factory, continues his attacks on John McCain, and is met with silence from the crowd.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-att...203505733.html
Old Today, 02:45 AM

Having to endure this disgrace of a president, humiliated before the world, I burn with a righteous anger.

But I also must admit a certain (possibly irrational) exuberance for the future. If you told me right now that Putin's true long game was to destroy the Republican Party, I could almost believe it. Didn't see that last twist coming, didja?

With the caveat that I was also sure Trump would lose badly in 2016, I feel, after the 2018 results, that the GOP brand may be stained for years, longer than Watergate. Anyone who stands behind this man is irrevocably tainted by history (absent perhaps some late road-to-Damascus conversion and heroism) as having been in league with an obscene madman.
Old Today, 03:31 AM

Has this been covered yet?
Whatever adjectives you might use to describe a border wall ― “big” or perhaps even “beautiful” ― “readily stolen” is not likely one of them.

Unnamed Mexican officials told San Diego’s KUSI-TV that 15 to 20 people have been arrested for stealing concertina wire from the U.S.-Mexico border and selling it to security-minded homeowners in Tijuana.

“We have detected that the barbed wire that was installed in the border area is no longer there,” Marco Antonio Sotomayor Amezcua, the secretary of public safety in Tijuana, confirmed … “We know about the stealing of the concertina [wire] from United States authorities who have asked us for help through the liaison staff.”

… one Tijuana resident who had the wire installed said the man who sold it to her … had blue eyes, blonde hair, and didn’t speak Spanish well.
Old Today, 03:57 AM

Quote:
“We have detected that the barbed wire that was installed in the border area is no longer there,” Marco Antonio Sotomayor Amezcua, the secretary of public safety in Tijuana, confirmed

Keen eye.

Alternatively, "No, Watson, you idiot, somebody stole our tentwall"
Old Today, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Has this been covered yet?
Whatever adjectives you might use to describe a border wall ― “big” or perhaps even “beautiful” ― “readily stolen” is not likely one of them.

Unnamed Mexican officials told San Diego’s KUSI-TV that 15 to 20 people have been arrested for stealing concertina wire from the U.S.-Mexico border and selling it to security-minded homeowners in Tijuana.

“We have detected that the barbed wire that was installed in the border area is no longer there,” Marco Antonio Sotomayor Amezcua, the secretary of public safety in Tijuana, confirmed … “We know about the stealing of the concertina [wire] from United States authorities who have asked us for help through the liaison staff.”

… one Tijuana resident who had the wire installed said the man who sold it to her … had blue eyes, blonde hair, and didn’t speak Spanish well.
This is a hilarious story. Mexicans are getting a wall and the US is paying for it.
Old Today, 07:46 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Hmm. Did she also notice an orange complexion and a Secret Service detail?
Old Today, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinyl Turnip View Post
Hmm. Did she also notice an orange complexion and a Secret Service detail?
No, if it had been him, she would have said he didn't speak English well.
Old Today, 08:24 AM

First, that was a brilliant rant, MEBuckner. Thanks!

Now I have a theory. One that I’ve had for a while. One that I never heard anywhere else.

There is a lot written about how the opiate epidemic affects mostly Trump votin’ states. And there’s been a lot of speculation over that convergence. Lots of talk about the despair that drives people to opiates. The lack of jobs. The lack of hope. The disintegration of the blue collar class. Lots of sociologizing.

I think the reality is much simpler. I think that a large percentage of Trump supporters are also opiate addicts, I think when you’re enveloped in that euphoric heroin fog, putting on a stupid red hat and cheering at senseless authoritarian babble seems like a good idea. Especially when the babbling authoritarian keeps insulting all those people that think they’re better than you. So they pop a bunch of pills or shoot up and put on the hat and go to the rally and they get to yell nasty stuff about Hillary and the press and the liberals all while wrapped in that warm blanket of the heroin high. Matters not at all that most of it is incoherent. Good times. Plus they know they’re on the wrong side of the law and they like knowing that the POTUS is, too, It makes them feel better about their miserable addicted lives.

And they like it that Trump really doesn’t give a damn about the opiate crisis, because they know he’s too ineffectual to ever do anything to threaten their supply. And he provides entertainment.

Last edited by Ann Hedonia; Today at 08:28 AM.
Old Today, 09:09 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann Hedonia View Post
I think that a large percentage of Trump supporters are also opiate addicts, I think when you’re enveloped in that euphoric heroin fog, putting on a stupid red hat and cheering at senseless authoritarian babble seems like a good idea.
In Clovenhoof and the Trump of Doom, written by a couple of UK authors, it is late October 2016. Jeremy Clovenhoof (who is Satan sentenced to spend the rest of eternity in Birmingham for failing to do his job properly) and Saint Michael (ditto) discover that only two more prophecies of Nostradamus need happen before it's the end of the world, one being Brexit and the other the election of Trump. Michael and some friends head for Geneva to win Eurovision with a song pleading all Europe remain united thus persuading the UK to remain and Jeremy is dispatched to the US to wreck Trump's campaign.

One of his plans was to distribute fifty LSD-laced brownies at a Trump rally in South Carolina, film their rantings, and distribute the bits to various news organizations. Problem was, when he challenged the taxi driver he'd hired to drive him up from Miami to tell the difference between the dosed participants and those he'd filmed as a control, the guy couldn't tell.

In the afterward, the authors claimed all of the statements "made" by the Trumpers had been taken from various social media accounts.
Old Today, 01:03 PM

Is ISIS gone yet?
Old Today, 01:29 PM
Charter Jays Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann Hedonia View Post
First, that was a brilliant rant, MEBuckner. Thanks!

Now I have a theory. One that I’ve had for a while. One that I never heard anywhere else.

There is a lot written about how the opiate epidemic affects mostly Trump votin’ states.
Maybe there has been, but it's not really true, so there goes that idea.

West Virginia famously has the worst problem of any state and it's a red state. But that's one (small) state, and after that the relationship falls apart.

https://www.drugabuse.gov/drugs-abus...aries-by-state
Old Today, 02:09 PM

Instead of reporters just reporting on these protocol violations, they should forward some BS "classified" information to those accounts so that then the Republicans can go full cognitive dissonance.
Old Today, 02:43 PM

It's okay when Republicans/Trumpniks do it.
“Our government may at some time be in the hands of a bad man. When in the hands of a good man it is all well enough.” But “we ought to have our government so shaped that even when in the hands of a bad man we shall be safe.” Frederick Douglass
Old Today, 11:40 PM
Charter Member

According to an upcoming book, Trump once hit himself in the head with his own golf club and then asked if his caddy did it.
Old Today, 11:44 PM

Folks, here's the bottom line: when white male nationalists use private accounts for government communication, it's fine - because you can trust white male nationalists.

When women do it, when blacks, or other non-whites do it, well, then we have an existential problem.

Do you understand what we're dealing with here? These people don't give a fuck about laws, about facts, about anything. They want the power to dominate you.

What are you going to do?

Probably talk about how I'm a chickenl little and how we should get out the vote. LOL

Last edited by asahi; Today at 11:45 PM.
Old Today, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asahi View Post
Folks, here's the bottom line: when white male nationalists use private accounts for government communication, it's fine - because you can trust white male nationalists.

When women do it, when blacks, or other non-whites do it, well, then we have an existential problem.

Do you understand what we're dealing with here? These people don't give a fuck about laws, about facts, about anything. They want the power to dominate you.

What are you going to do?

Probably talk about how I'm a chickenl little and how we should get out the vote. LOL
What do you suggest?