Old 06-14-2018, 08:20 AM

Sexual braggers?

Last night I made a comment to someone I have been listening to for the past 20 odd years who is constantly bragging about how good he is in bed. I told him the best judge of whether or not you are good in bed is how often the girls call you back for more. He seems to be pretty good at getting one night stands but he seldom talks about repeat performances. He got a dumbfounded look on his face and changed the subject.

One of the other guys lightly admonished me telling me I hurt his feelings. Was I rude? I still don't think so. Should middle aged men be bragging about their sexual prowess?
Old 06-14-2018, 08:23 AM

Nah, that guy's a tool.
Old 06-14-2018, 08:27 AM
Charter Member

A better way to admonish someone like this is from the TMI approach. Hey buddy, at our age we really don't want to hear about your sexual exploits. You went at the issue of whether or not he's actually good in bed, which is going to put him on the defensive. Ask yourself: Do you really even want to know how good in bed he is?

I have some middle-to-late-middle age friends who often bring up their exploits from back when they were in the 20s or 30s or even in High School. Glory Days, man. Glory Days. No one wants to hear you brag about how much of a stud you were. Especially when the line of discussion is about how hot your ex-girlfriends were. You're not complimenting the girls, you're bragging about being able to attract them.
Old 06-14-2018, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneyBadgerDC View Post
Should middle aged men be bragging about their sexual prowess?
Nope. Nobody should, regardless of age. It's a dick move to everyone involved, including himself. He's clearly an insecure fool, overcompensating for... something.
Old 06-14-2018, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCnDC View Post
It's a dick move
Like.... literally.
Old 06-14-2018, 08:39 AM

As others have stated, he sounds like an insecure tool. I would add simple-minded.

If someone were to brag to me about the skill in bed, I would ask - What's your point? Are you trying to convince ME to sleep with you? Probably not. Are you trying establish your dominance over me, that you are better than me at this specific skill? Thanks, duly noted. Are you trying to make yourself feel better (see above)? Ok, I hope your feel better - anyway, how about them Warriors?

But I probably wouldn't be hanging out with someone like that to begin with.
Old 06-14-2018, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Mace View Post
A better way to admonish someone like this is from the TMI approach. Hey buddy, at our age we really don't want to hear about your sexual exploits. You went at the issue of whether or not he's actually good in bed, which is going to put him on the defensive. Ask yourself: Do you really even want to know how good in bed he is?

I have some middle-to-late-middle age friends who often bring up their exploits from back when they were in the 20s or 30s or even in High School. Glory Days, man. Glory Days. No one wants to hear you brag about how much of a stud you were. Especially when the line of discussion is about how hot your ex-girlfriends were. You're not complimenting the girls, you're bragging about being able to attract them.
oh my lord, so much this.
Old 06-14-2018, 08:52 AM
Charter Member

Sex and money. The more you talk about it, the less you are really getting.
Old 06-14-2018, 08:58 AM
The Central Scrutinizer

Sometimes its better to not put on my reading glasses. Sexual badgers was an intriguing thread title.
Old 06-14-2018, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Hey, I'm telling everyone!
Old 06-14-2018, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayaker View Post
Hey, I'm telling everyone!
Classic
Old 06-14-2018, 09:08 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
One of the other guys
Unless he's trying to pick up one of the other guys, I don't see why he needs to inform them about his sexual prowess.
Old 06-14-2018, 09:21 AM
Charter Member

In my experience, there's usually a type that brags about their sexual prowess. They drink to excess, never exercise, never engage in any sort of physical activity, and probably haven't eaten a vegetable in ages.

Yet, they are magically "great" in bed.

I can't help thinking to myself: Dude, sex is a physical activity. And if you live a poor lifestyle, the chances of you being good at it are exactly nil.

Last edited by Grrr!; 06-14-2018 at 09:22 AM.
Old 06-14-2018, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CookingWithGas View Post
Sex and money. The more you talk about it, the less you are really getting.
I never mention either
Old 06-14-2018, 09:49 AM

So, Badger, what are those Secret Service guys really like?
Old 06-14-2018, 10:35 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
I know I do. Especially the one in the fall.

Regards,
Shodan
Old 06-14-2018, 10:40 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loach View Post
Sometimes its better to not put on my reading glasses. Sexual badgers was an intriguing thread title.
I am so not Googling that.
Old 06-14-2018, 10:53 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

My personal experience lo these many years on earth is that the more someone brags about something, the less true it is. Yeah, I know - it's just anecdotal, but in many cases, it's still accurate.
Old 06-14-2018, 10:55 AM
Charter Member

I don't need to brag. It is a simple fact. Somebody has to be the best.
Old 06-14-2018, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shagnasty View Post
I don't need to brag. It is a simple fact. Somebody has to be the best.
Did not know it was a contest. Ignorance fought.
Old 06-14-2018, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulfreida View Post
Did not know it was a contest. Ignorance fought.
Ignorance won!
Old 06-14-2018, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Last night I made a comment to someone I have been listening to for the past 20 odd years who is constantly bragging about how good he is in bed. I told him the best judge of whether or not you are good in bed is how often the girls call you back for more. He seems to be pretty good at getting one night stands but he seldom talks about repeat performances. He got a dumbfounded look on his face and changed the subject.
Well, I gotta be honest here, I am great in bed. I can go on my back, on my side, even on the front, and I can keep going all night long, sometimes even after the sun has come up.

Not sure why girls would call about that, much less call back.
Old 06-14-2018, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grrr! View Post
In my experience, there's usually a type that brags about their sexual prowess. They drink to excess, never exercise, never engage in any sort of physical activity, and probably haven't eaten a vegetable in ages.

Yet, they are magically "great" in bed.

I can't help thinking to myself: Dude, sex is a physical activity. And if you live a poor lifestyle, the chances of you being good at it are exactly nil.
This is actually what I was thinking, I am in better shape than him and I poop out quick if I get going to hard and fast.
Old 06-14-2018, 03:10 PM

I agree with your thinking and I think Mr. Middle Age is an ass. Then again, if he were a teenager, Id still find him to be an ass, but there might be a glimmer of hope he would at least grow up a bit.
Old 06-14-2018, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Sometimes it’s better to not put on my reading glasses. “Sexual badgers” was an intriguing thread title.
I would think sexual beavers would be more interesting.
Old 06-14-2018, 05:05 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
We don't need no stinkin' badgers!

As for the OP, I have exactly two stories I can use to brag about my sexual powers, both from when I was in my 20's, and even I am bored with them by now.
Old 06-14-2018, 06:20 PM

Quote:
One of the other guys lightly admonished me telling me I hurt his feelings. Was I rude? I still don't think so.
I kinda hate to say it, but I think you were, a little bit. It sounds like the guy has been an ass for a long time, but that doesn't mean you have to lower yourself, too. If you were bothered by his bragging, and I don't blame you one bit, it would have been kinder to approach him privately to tell him so.

How about the guy who you say admonished you; did he call you on it publicly at the time, or bring it up privately later? He may have been rude, as well.
Old 06-14-2018, 06:29 PM

I'm of the opinion that anyone bragging about anything is inviting others to tear apart their claims. If you put yourself out there to be admired, then you are putting yourself out there to be critiqued. If you don't realize that fact that's your problem.

This belief is probably why I practically neg myself whenever I discuss myself in public. You can call it fishing for compliments; I call it pre-empting insults.

Last edited by begbert2; 06-14-2018 at 06:30 PM. Reason: Dammit, another typo!
Old 06-14-2018, 08:47 PM

You did a favor to all mankind. And to all womankind even more so. The guy needed to be brought back to reality, and a good friend would have done it for him years ago.

I say good on you!
Old 06-14-2018, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
I am so not Googling that.
I did. Most of the hits were about honey badgers. I found that amusing. And there was a link to some video of a sports team mascot. I decided not to watch it.

Last edited by Ann Hedonia; 06-14-2018 at 08:57 PM.
Old 06-15-2018, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robot Arm View Post
I kinda hate to say it, but I think you were, a little bit. It sounds like the guy has been an ass for a long time, but that doesn't mean you have to lower yourself, too. If you were bothered by his bragging, and I don't blame you one bit, it would have been kinder to approach him privately to tell him so.

How about the guy who you say admonished you; did he call you on it publicly at the time, or bring it up privately later? He may have been rude, as well.
I was admonished privately, I actually did feel a little bit bad about it today until I saw him and he was off and running as usual. It didn't cramp his style at all.
Old 06-15-2018, 06:21 AM

I would just say "That's adorable, you've used your penis a couple of times! Good for you!"
Old 06-15-2018, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robot Arm View Post

Quote:
...I actually did feel a little bit bad about it today until I saw him and he was off and running as usual. It didn't cramp his style at all.
That doesn't really change my opinion. Perhaps if you'd talked to the braggart in private he could have changed his behavior and still saved face. As it is, if he changes now maybe he's afraid that he'll look like he's knuckling under.

There was a post just in the last few days that I thought was very interesting. It was something like "when people tell me I'm wrong I get defensive, but when I tell other people they're wrong I expect them to agree with me." Wish I could quote it specifically, but search is being uncooperative at the moment. I think it might have been in one of the fast-moving Pit threads.