Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #2701  
Old 02-18-2014, 10:52 PM
BrassyPhrase is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: HTown Suburbs
Posts: 1,683
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Amazing View Post
I got the lemon tree in a mystery box for playing 5 days in a row.
Thanks! Okay, that makes sense. I did see him clicking a mystery box. (I know it sounds like I'm Snoopy-the-vulture over his shoulder, but we're sitting on the couch next to each other, both playing the games we play and looking at what the other is up to. )
  #2702  
Old 02-18-2014, 10:53 PM
crypto is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Posts: 6,175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fair Rarity View Post
I'm happy I cleared the wheel and I feel so bad for everyone who hasn't yet, especially those who won't, but I think having dozens of horribly pink decorations I can't do anything with is a valid thing to complain about. I am hoping I can delete extras after the event is over, even if I can't sell them (don't care about the cash). There is a finite amount of decorations you can have in the game and while I am nowhere near that amount, if I play this game long-term, I do expect to come up against that barrier some day and I'd rather get new buildings, characters, and decorations than have to forgo something because I can't get rid of birdbaths.

I could stop, but I'd rather get a dozen more pepto fountains if I get a couple more trains and ponds. My multiplier has gone up around 15% in the last two weeks, so it's totally worth it, but I don't have to LIKE it.
I wasn't actually serious.

There is a LOT to complain about with this game. By all means, feel free.

God knows I do enough complaining.
  #2703  
Old 02-19-2014, 08:19 AM
Mahaloth is online now
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: 地球
Posts: 30,224
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Amazing View Post
I got the lemon tree in a mystery box for playing 5 days in a row.

That's where it comes from. I don't think it was ever in game other than that.
  #2704  
Old 02-19-2014, 12:37 PM
Skammer's Avatar
Skammer is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Music City USA
Posts: 14,207
I got the lemon tree in my first or second mystery box. Since then - nothing special.
  #2705  
Old 02-19-2014, 12:43 PM
koeeoaddi's Avatar
koeeoaddi is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: elsewhere
Posts: 5,901
My Springfield looks like a My Little Pony lunchbox.
  #2706  
Old 02-19-2014, 01:40 PM
Yorikke is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 5,926
Got my DMV set up, thinking of making it more complicated.
  #2707  
Old 02-19-2014, 01:41 PM
Yorikke is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 5,926
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Amazing View Post
I got the lemon tree in a mystery box for playing 5 days in a row.
I am 100% certain that I got a lemon tree from my first 5-day Mystery Box.
  #2708  
Old 02-19-2014, 03:33 PM
crypto is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Posts: 6,175
How do i cancel a crop that is growing to start another crop?

I thought I had to put the farm into storage, but I can't figure out how to put the farm into storage.

Any help would be appreciated!
  #2709  
Old 02-19-2014, 03:49 PM
enalzi is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 8,328
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stink Fish Pot View Post
How do i cancel a crop that is growing to start another crop?

I thought I had to put the farm into storage, but I can't figure out how to put the farm into storage.

Any help would be appreciated!
Go to the move screen, tap the farm, tap the box icon.
  #2710  
Old 02-19-2014, 03:52 PM
Yorikke is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 5,926
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stink Fish Pot View Post
How do i cancel a crop that is growing to start another crop?

I thought I had to put the farm into storage, but I can't figure out how to put the farm into storage.

Any help would be appreciated!
Open the edit window, then select the farm, then select the box icon, then confirm storage. Just tested and confirmed that it resets the crop.
  #2711  
Old 02-19-2014, 05:18 PM
crypto is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Posts: 6,175
Thanks guys!

Two things to remember for those that do this.

1) you lose your seed money for whatever crop you are canceling. In my case, I was growing corn again, so I lost a few bucks. I didn't have much of w choices, since I had a task requiring a crop to be harvested. So unless. I wanted to wait 3 months, i had to sacrifice it.

2) you will also lose whatever time you have had Cletus running around doing a task. This is more important, since you should be able to wait until he's done before putting the farm in storage. I didn't realize that, and lost 10 of 12 hours Cletus was on a task. Not a huge deal, but I could have waited 2 more hours to get the task cash.
  #2712  
Old 02-19-2014, 06:17 PM
USCDiver's Avatar
USCDiver is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: NC
Posts: 5,086
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stink Fish Pot View Post
1) you lose your seed money for whatever crop you are canceling. In my case, I was growing corn again, so I lost a few bucks. I didn't have much of w choices, since I had a task requiring a crop to be harvested. So unless. I wanted to wait 3 months, i had to sacrifice it.
I agree if it is a Quest Task, but if it's just one of those random "Harvest Triffids" things that pops up, you're just going to have to ignore it. You can't make it three months without something else popping up for the Farm.
  #2713  
Old 02-19-2014, 06:39 PM
crypto is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Posts: 6,175
Quote:
Originally Posted by USCDiver View Post
I agree if it is a Quest Task, but if it's just one of those random "Harvest Triffids" things that pops up, you're just going to have to ignore it. You can't make it three months without something else popping up for the Farm.
Mine was a quest task. I had to harvest two Tomacco crops to complete the task.

When does a random "Harvest Triffids" pop up? Aren't all crop requests part of a task?

I agree with your comment, but i can't recall when a randon "Harvest xxxx" command pops up.
  #2714  
Old 02-19-2014, 08:47 PM
USCDiver's Avatar
USCDiver is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: NC
Posts: 5,086
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stink Fish Pot View Post
Mine was a quest task. I had to harvest two Tomacco crops to complete the task.

When does a random "Harvest Triffids" pop up? Aren't all crop requests part of a task?

I agree with your comment, but i can't recall when a randon "Harvest xxxx" command pops up.
I dunno, but I get them fairly regularly. I've been up to date with the quests for at least 6 months though.
  #2715  
Old 02-19-2014, 08:57 PM
Fair Rarity's Avatar
Fair Rarity is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stink Fish Pot View Post
I wasn't actually serious.

There is a LOT to complain about with this game. By all means, feel free.

God knows I do enough complaining.
I got all annoyed again today trying to delete some of my gazebos and couldn't. I did get a pond and a train in my last two spinning outings (I save them up for a day or two and find I do better when I spin at least 4 times than just once alone), so... yay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by koeeoaddi View Post
My Springfield looks like a My Little Pony lunchbox.
I might be biased with my MLP username, but MLP lunchboxes are cool.

Looks good.

My drunken Smithers and one of my cops like to wander around my un-roaded house farm. I don't know why but they get lost in the houses. Only them and only that area.

I don't like house farming, but I miss the tile glitch and getting mad XP. I at least put it up in the furthest corner so my friends aren't landing right in the middle of it. I don't need cash for in-game purposes, as I keep a tidy balance for updates, but I buy and sell weather stations. Brandine wiped out my donuts. Plus I'm doing as many heart tasks as possible, so I'm not earning as much cash as I could be during the event.
  #2716  
Old 02-20-2014, 09:36 AM
crypto is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Posts: 6,175
Buy and sell weather stations? What does that do?
  #2717  
Old 02-20-2014, 09:58 AM
USCDiver's Avatar
USCDiver is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: NC
Posts: 5,086
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stink Fish Pot View Post
Buy and sell weather stations? What does that do?
You get XP every time you place a new Weather Station. There is a loss on the money end from the buying and selling transaction, but money is easier to come by.
  #2718  
Old 02-20-2014, 08:35 PM
purplehorseshoe is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 10,198
Does anyone else think it's time for an updated username list? The last time it was posted was in December and several of my friend requests have gone unanswered so I think a bunch of people have dropped off the game and lost interest.

I'm playing under jcage710 and because I lost access to the game for a while I nearly missed the whole valentine event, so I'm way behind on that and want to grab some last-minute hearts while I still can! Please feel free to add me to your lists.
  #2719  
Old 02-20-2014, 08:38 PM
Fair Rarity's Avatar
Fair Rarity is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,226
Quote:
Originally Posted by USCDiver View Post
You get XP every time you place a new Weather Station. There is a loss on the money end from the buying and selling transaction, but money is easier to come by.
Exactly. It's grinding. It's boring, it's tedious, but at the same time, what else am I going to do with my in-game cash? It costs $9500 to buy (but you get $2375 when you sell it back a minute later). You get 1000 xp + multiplier. I wait until I have at least $100k over my personal comfort level of minimum balance and buy a bunch, sell them back, etc until I get back to my $1M. I don't do it every time I have $9500, but once a day, every other day? It takes 5 minutes, tops.

Gil is available right now. His offer is Dr Nick (Hey everybody!), Krustylu/Sideshow Mel, and a canon he uses for a task with a .5% multiplier for 200 donuts. It's a pretty good deal. I have never purchased donuts or scratchers, and this kind of tempts me. I have just enough of an iTunes balance that I'd only have to spend a dollar or two of real money to buy enough donuts for it. But I hate doing that. I want to kind of buy scratchers to see if I win enough. Or at least bring down the size of the donut bunch I have to buy. I've never been tempted to spend real cash on the game before and I'm afraid it'll be something I regret afterwards.

I have four days to decide. My two other premium purchases (Kodos and Brandine) were completely earned donuts.

And having another multiplier boost, plus two premium characters and another building...they'd help me level up slightly faster. And I really love the two characters. It's not like Roderick Tatum, who's easy to pass up because I don't like him.
  #2720  
Old 02-20-2014, 10:08 PM
crypto is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Posts: 6,175

Fuckin' Mystery Box


Play 5 straight days to get the Mystery Box!

And what do I get?

A Mystery Box!

So, I open that box, and what do. I get?

A Mystery Box!

So I open that box, and what do I get?

A Mystery Box!

So I open that box, and what do I get?

$250

Stop it EA. I would prefer some of Springfield's Trash... At least I could get Lisa or Homer to clean it up and get a few XP's for it.

$250? What a joke. (And not a good joke, either.)

Honestly, I don't get the bonus box. The idea is to keep you playing, right? So why give a shitty "prize" time after time? Ooh! Fence sections! Ooh! Shrubs! Ooh! $250! Ooh! A newspaper dispenser! (Got two of them, two different weeks!)

I got a Lemon Tree once, which apparently everyone gets once. But that's it. Nothing else is even worth the effort. The Mystery Box should at least be something worth more than the day 4 money prize, which i think is $1000. How about an Orange tree? Or an Apple Tree? Or a few donuts? It doesn't have to be a huge prize, but give us something. All I get when I open the Mystery Box is pissed off.

Last edited by crypto; 02-20-2014 at 10:09 PM.
  #2721  
Old 02-21-2014, 02:09 PM
Intergalactic Gladiator's Avatar
Intergalactic Gladiator is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Chicago
Posts: 11,926
In case you needed something to do while playing the game, you might consider a little art in your Springfield:

http://imgur.com/a/5XOpO
  #2722  
Old 02-21-2014, 02:30 PM
WreckingCrew is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Warwick, RI
Posts: 692
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stink Fish Pot View Post
All I get when I open the Mystery Box is pissed off.
Would this be a bad time to say I got 10 donuts in the Mystery Box today?
  #2723  
Old 02-21-2014, 02:58 PM
Unpronounceable is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 786
I've gotten two lemon trees...

You can only plant one, though.
  #2724  
Old 02-21-2014, 03:45 PM
purplehorseshoe is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 10,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intergalactic Gladiator View Post
In case you needed something to do while playing the game, you might consider a little art in your Springfield:

http://imgur.com/a/5XOpO
Oh, my stars! An unholy combination of talent and WAAAYYYYY too much free time.
  #2725  
Old 02-21-2014, 07:43 PM
Yorikke is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 5,926
Quote:
Originally Posted by purplehorseshoe View Post
Oh, my stars! An unholy combination of talent and WAAAYYYYY too much free time.
There's a lot of good art and info here.
  #2726  
Old 02-21-2014, 08:39 PM
BrassyPhrase is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: HTown Suburbs
Posts: 1,683
Is there a way to force a quest? I have two quests that both say I have to be at level 15 to start (Moe's and Jake's Unisex Hair Palace). I'm at 17. I thought maybe there was a pause for the Valentine game, but it had me build a library and everything.

Oh, and carchcarch669
  #2727  
Old 02-21-2014, 09:00 PM
Fair Rarity's Avatar
Fair Rarity is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,226
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrassyPhrase View Post
Is there a way to force a quest? I have two quests that both say I have to be at level 15 to start (Moe's and Jake's Unisex Hair Palace). I'm at 17. I thought maybe there was a pause for the Valentine game, but it had me build a library and everything.

Oh, and carchcarch669
Sometimes it's not just what level you're at but where you are in the game. You can be one level XP-wise, but game-level much lower. It happened to me during Halloween. I leveled up like crazy, but I wasn't completely quests as quickly. It will trigger when you do the right combination of things. The only quest that sometimes doesn't trigger right is the hospital quest, so keep an eye on that when you get there.

I realized I had some amazon coins so I spent them on scratchers and a few of my itunes credits and got myself Gil's deal without spending any real money. I didn't hit the 100 donut scratcher, but I got 2 50 donuts and a few 12 donuts.
  #2728  
Old 02-21-2014, 09:27 PM
Joey P is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Jun 1999
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 29,564
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrassyPhrase View Post
Is there a way to force a quest? I have two quests that both say I have to be at level 15 to start (Moe's and Jake's Unisex Hair Palace). I'm at 17. I thought maybe there was a pause for the Valentine game, but it had me build a library and everything.

Oh, and carchcarch669
Have you had every single character free at the same time. Many quests, even though they only put a single character on a job, require multiple (or an unlreated) characters to be free at the same time to kick them off. Some quests also, for no apparent reason just take a few days before the start. People try all kinds of 'tricks' to get them started when they've stalled such as force stopping the app, uninstalling and reinstalling, going to a friends town and back to re-sync. Personally, other then 're-syncing' just waiting it out always did it for me. I think they just programmed some time in. Just another way to make it drag out longer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fair Rarity View Post
Sometimes it's not just what level you're at but where you are in the game. You can be one level XP-wise, but game-level much lower.
This is why I constantly tell people not to kill themselves to level up. People spend donuts to rush things, people spend money to get more XP people do all kinds of stuff to get more XP to level up and eventually they get to the last level and end up with 25 tasks, 5 months worth of work, $3000 dollars and they won't stop complaining about all the crap they have to do.

I always tell friends that are starting off to concentrate their energy on A)complete the tasks you're forced to do and B)saving up money. With both of those will come XP. But, as we all learn just racing up the levels gets you nowhere.

Does anyone listen to me...nope.
  #2729  
Old 02-22-2014, 02:31 AM
crypto is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Posts: 6,175
Quote:
Originally Posted by WreckingCrew View Post
Would this be a bad time to say I got 10 donuts in the Mystery Box today?
No. I don't begrudge other people's good luck.

I just loathe my bad luck. Or whatever it is.

10 donuts? That's a nice surprise. $250? That's an insult. It would be much more rewarding if there was a lump of Santa's Little Helper's dog poo in the mystery box instead of $250.
  #2730  
Old 02-22-2014, 02:33 AM
crypto is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Posts: 6,175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intergalactic Gladiator View Post
In case you needed something to do while playing the game, you might consider a little art in your Springfield:

http://imgur.com/a/5XOpO
This is amazing. I can't figure out what this person used for each drawing, but to have the time to do that boggles the mind.

What is really impressive to me is how this person spelled out "keys 180" with their squidport tiles, by making a drawing of a key. Very cool.
  #2731  
Old 02-22-2014, 07:58 AM
Antigen is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: was Montreal, now MD
Posts: 7,116
I went ahead and splurged on Gil's special, since I had some extra donuts from a scratch-off win a ways back. New characters to chase around, yay!
  #2732  
Old 02-22-2014, 09:07 AM
purplehorseshoe is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 10,198
Hey, I got two free donuts cleaning up land I just bought! Yay! (I think Homer is more likely to find them than Lisa. Is it just me?)

Ok, I have a few ultra-basic questions, but I sorta inherited this game and missed the setup:

1.) how do I expand my boardwalk? I have the land (well, water) but can't for the life of me find where to buy new tiles to build.
1 A.) never did follow the convos here about tapping squid port tiles. If that's not a temporary/ended thing, could someone plz. explain?

2.) how do I start the "Investorettes" quest?

3.) is Flanders the only character w quests that still get hearts? I missed most of the V-day stuff but since the wheel is still up I thought I'd try to grabas many last-minute items as I can.


Inspired by the screen shots of amazing art, I started trying to tag some empty land with El Barto. Got as far as El B ... And ran out of cheap fencing.
  #2733  
Old 02-22-2014, 09:23 AM
WreckingCrew is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Warwick, RI
Posts: 692
Milhouse chasing Lisa and Marge taking Homer for a walk are still earning hearts for me. You need to click on Milhouse and Marge to start, Lisa and Homer won't work.

To buy/build new tiles click on the Squidport entrance arch and it will ask if you want to buy a new tile.
  #2734  
Old 02-22-2014, 09:29 AM
WreckingCrew is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Warwick, RI
Posts: 692
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stink Fish Pot View Post
No. I don't begrudge other people's good luck.

I just loathe my bad luck. Or whatever it is.

10 donuts? That's a nice surprise. $250? That's an insult. It would be much more rewarding if there was a lump of Santa's Little Helper's dog poo in the mystery box instead of $250.
I have had an amazing run with donuts recently - besides that box, the Christmas gifts, clearing land, and leveling up I have gotten about 50 donuts in the past few weeks. The biggest was 25, either in a mystery box, or at the balloon pop I forget now. That one was quite the surprise.
  #2735  
Old 02-22-2014, 09:42 AM
purplehorseshoe is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 10,198
Thank you! I have one more: when visiting my neighbor-eenos, I noticed a couple had barrels of radioactive waste, but not on newly-purchased land. It's on pavement or parking lots, and one person has a whole corral full of trash!
Is this a decoration? A prize? A relic from a previous holiday event I missed? It doesn't look like the trash that's slatted only newly bought land ... Or can you move those around?
  #2736  
Old 02-22-2014, 10:30 AM
Intergalactic Gladiator's Avatar
Intergalactic Gladiator is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Chicago
Posts: 11,926
Quote:
Originally Posted by purplehorseshoe View Post
Hey, I got two free donuts cleaning up land I just bought! Yay! (I think Homer is more likely to find them than Lisa. Is it just me?)

Ok, I have a few ultra-basic questions, but I sorta inherited this game and missed the setup:

1.) how do I expand my boardwalk? I have the land (well, water) but can't for the life of me find where to buy new tiles to build.
1 A.) never did follow the convos here about tapping squid port tiles. If that's not a temporary/ended thing, could someone plz. explain?
I think I've gotten a donut with Lisa cleaning up. It's been a while so I don't remember.

You build boardwalk tiles at the Squidport entrance. Once completed, the tile goes into your inventory. Before the update, if you had a completed tile but you didn't collect it, your friends could tap it and get XP while giving you extra tiles. This isn't working anymore, but there's a rumor that it will come back after the Valentine's Day special is over.
  #2737  
Old 02-22-2014, 10:41 AM
purplehorseshoe is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 10,198
So the tiles are a one-at-a-time thing, gotcha. Apologies for the bizarre autocorrect in my previous post!
  #2738  
Old 02-22-2014, 10:50 AM
Unpronounceable is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 786
Quote:
Originally Posted by purplehorseshoe View Post
2.) how do I start the "Investorettes" quest?
Not 100% sure, but I think you need to buy Milhouse's mom for that one (Cracker Factory - 150 donuts)
  #2739  
Old 02-22-2014, 12:28 PM
WreckingCrew is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Warwick, RI
Posts: 692
Quote:
Originally Posted by purplehorseshoe View Post
Thank you! I have one more: when visiting my neighbor-eenos, I noticed a couple had barrels of radioactive waste, but not on newly-purchased land. It's on pavement or parking lots, and one person has a whole corral full of trash!
Is this a decoration? A prize? A relic from a previous holiday event I missed? It doesn't look like the trash that's slatted only newly bought land ... Or can you move those around?
You can move trash from newly bought land around. I have done that once or twice and put it all in one pile when I was looking to build something big and Homer and Lisa were both doing long tasks
  #2740  
Old 02-22-2014, 01:13 PM
crypto is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Posts: 6,175
Quote:
Originally Posted by WreckingCrew View Post
I have had an amazing run with donuts recently - besides that box, the Christmas gifts, clearing land, and leveling up I have gotten about 50 donuts in the past few weeks. The biggest was 25, either in a mystery box, or at the balloon pop I forget now. That one was quite the surprise.
Well, now you are just rubbing it in.



Still, it's nice to know that there are things out there that will potentially deliver donuts. Even if you seem to be one of the only people ever to see a donut from these different places.

And seriously, I'm not mad. It's just a stupid game, something that kills time in all of our lives, basically deflecting our attention from the inevitable death that comes to us all.


I AM impressed with some of the artistic efforts, though. I can't figure out what most of the items are that people have used. One of the pictures kooks like it was made with snowmen, but that couldn't be, right? That would cost a billion donuts!

The Toronto Blue Jays emblem is great.
  #2741  
Old 02-22-2014, 01:15 PM
crypto is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Posts: 6,175
Quote:
Originally Posted by purplehorseshoe View Post
So the tiles are a one-at-a-time thing, gotcha. Apologies for the bizarre autocorrect in my previous post!
Purple horseshoe loves Anicott Steel.



Wait.

I meant BLUE horseshoe.

Never mind.
  #2742  
Old 02-22-2014, 02:16 PM
purplehorseshoe is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 10,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by purplehorseshoe View Post
?...Inspired by the screen shots of amazing art, I started trying to tag some empty land with El Barto. Got as far as El B ... And ran out of cheap fencing.
Done. Kinda not-super-impressive, but there it is. I play under jcage710 if you want to see, but really, it's a first draft.

Thanks for the additional info, everyone!
  #2743  
Old 02-22-2014, 09:15 PM
Fair Rarity's Avatar
Fair Rarity is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey P View Post
This is why I constantly tell people not to kill themselves to level up. ...

Does anyone listen to me...nope.
I really didn't want to level up as fast as I did. In the early stages, I would have preferred just cash instead of XP. Grinding for cash generated so much xp it kind of just happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplehorseshoe View Post
So the tiles are a one-at-a-time thing, gotcha. Apologies for the bizarre autocorrect in my previous post!
The tiles right now are one at a time. Before Valentine's, if you left the tile floating and didn't click on it, your neighbors could tap it and each tap would give you another tile that you didn't have to spend money/time on. It was awesome. So cross your fingers that in 3 days they allow this feature to come back because it saves so much time and money.
  #2744  
Old 02-25-2014, 01:01 PM
Yorikke is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 5,926
Just finished a larger DMV design. Working on Springfield Park.

I have significant free time.

Edit : Arg. can't unsee the missing cone in that vast field.

Last edited by Yorikke; 02-25-2014 at 01:02 PM.
  #2745  
Old 02-25-2014, 01:36 PM
Labtrash's Avatar
Labtrash is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Murrells Inlet, SC
Posts: 3,808
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorikke View Post
Just finished a larger DMV design. Working on Springfield Park.

I have significant free time.

Edit : Arg. can't unsee the missing cone in that vast field.
I'll admit that as soon as I saw your previous DMV course a few days ago I immediately stole your idea and made one in my own Springfield (but on a much smaller scale).

Well done.


I put lots of Laramie cigarette machines in my park!

Last edited by Labtrash; 02-25-2014 at 01:37 PM.
  #2746  
Old 02-25-2014, 01:55 PM
Loach's Avatar
Loach is offline
The Central Scrutinizer
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Pork Roll/Taylor Ham
Posts: 25,710
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labtrash View Post
I'll admit that as soon as I saw your previous DMV course a few days ago I immediately stole your idea and made one in my own Springfield (but on a much smaller scale).

Well done.


I put lots of Laramie cigarette machines in my park!
Stealing the idea too when I get the chance.
  #2747  
Old 02-25-2014, 02:00 PM
Yorikke is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 5,926
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labtrash View Post
I'll admit that as soon as I saw your previous DMV course a few days ago I immediately stole your idea and made one in my own Springfield (but on a much smaller scale).
Well done.
Thanks :-) I'm trying to think of something interesting to do in my version of Springfield Park. For now, it's random park-y things. And a hidden skeleton.
  #2748  
Old 02-25-2014, 08:53 PM
Fair Rarity's Avatar
Fair Rarity is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,226
No word yet on Valentine's ending. I at least snagged one more pond, which should push me to the 50% bonus I was aiming for this event, but I'm kind of hearted out. If an event goes long, that's one thing, but I wish they'd change the countdown clock or something so we would know.
  #2749  
Old 02-26-2014, 12:49 PM
Labtrash's Avatar
Labtrash is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Murrells Inlet, SC
Posts: 3,808
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorikke View Post
Thanks :-) I'm trying to think of something interesting to do in my version of Springfield Park. For now, it's random park-y things. And a hidden skeleton.

I have Kang's Victorian UFO hidden in the trees in mine
  #2750  
Old 02-26-2014, 01:26 PM
Mahaloth is online now
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: 地球
Posts: 30,224
New motivation is coming to visit friends. You can earn friendship points to earn prizes.
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:48 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Send questions for Cecil Adams to: cecil@straightdope.com

Send comments about this website to: webmaster@straightdope.com

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy

Advertise on the Straight Dope!
(Your direct line to thousands of the smartest, hippest people on the planet, plus a few total dipsticks.)

Copyright 2019 STM Reader, LLC.

 
Copyright © 2017