Old 12-05-2019, 09:29 PM

Rape should be legal, as long as it's not "violent"

At least, according to filmmaker Daniel Shravan

This guy is a real piece of work:

-"Rape is not a serious thing, but murder is inexcusable." Whew, that's a load off of my mind.

-Women should carry condems and dental dams around, just in case. See, you should always cooperate, and this way you can give him a condom first, so you'll be protected!

-Just let him get his nuts off, and then he'll go away, and you won't be harmed.

-Rapists are really horny, and if they don't do something about it, they'll kill you.

You gotta wonder what is going on in this dude's head...or maybe not. *shudder*
Old 12-05-2019, 09:35 PM

Holy fuck!

Quote:
The girls should never deny sexual desires of men.
Hope he never works in film again and has trouble earning a living. At least until he wises up.

Last edited by GreysonCarlisle; 12-05-2019 at 09:36 PM.
Old 12-05-2019, 10:14 PM
Charter Member

What's his position on gay rape? Would Shravan be okay if a gay man wanted to have sex with him without his consent?

Last edited by Little Nemo; 12-05-2019 at 10:15 PM.
Old 12-06-2019, 12:33 AM
Charter Member

This is math in action. In that when your population is approaching 1.5 Billion, you will have more crazies than the US, or France, even. Now, with the large number of nut jobs we’re dealing with, it is not surprising that there are more, and farther, outliers within this population of idiots. I.e. absolutely batshit crazy fuckwits. The thinking is particularly spectacular, though. Next: why you should put all your cash on the sidewalk in front of your house each night. You see, when criminals know it’s on the sidewalk, there is no need for them to invade your home and kill you. So it’s safer.
Old 12-06-2019, 01:58 AM

There is a 99% chance that shitstain has already raped someone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isosleepy View Post
This is math in action. In that when your population is approaching 1.5 Billion, you will have more crazies than the US, or France, even. Now, with the large number of nut jobs we’re dealing with, it is not surprising that there are more, and farther, outliers within this population of idiots. I.e. absolutely batshit crazy fuckwits.
You're incredibly naive if you think he's some crazy outlier, rather than exhibiting a fairly typical attitude.
Old 12-06-2019, 02:03 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Shravan
The rapists are not finding a way to fulfil their bodily desires and therefore, they get these killing thoughts.
They could deal with those by killing themselves.
Old 12-06-2019, 03:11 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinastasia View Post
I read your OP before clicking on the site. I was laughing because I thought for sure this shit was from the Onion or something similar. Imagine my chagrin upon learning it is not.

Quote:
-Women should carry condems and dental dams around, just in case.
Dental dams? This kook encourages rapists to force cunnilingus on their victims? How does that work?
Old 12-06-2019, 03:23 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDibble View Post
You're incredibly naive if you think he's some crazy outlier, rather than exhibiting a fairly typical attitude.
You think that feeling rape should be legalized is a fairly typical attitude? I certainly don't think that's true.
Old 12-06-2019, 03:23 AM

Quote:
Umm...say what now? How are you defining ‘fairly typical’ here? And typical among whom?
Old 12-06-2019, 03:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unreconstructed Man View Post
Umm...say what now? How are you defining ‘fairly typical’
here?
That a large number of men feel they are entitled to sex and women should give it to them whether they want to or not.

If you're going to be a pedantic dick and quibble about my use of the word "typical", replace it with "not unusual" instead.
Quote:
And typical among whom?
Men. Not just Indian men either. Everywhere. The rest of Asia. Here. Everywhere. Every - fucking -where

Now, kindly fuck off.
Old 12-06-2019, 03:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Nemo View Post
You think that feeling rape should be legalized is a fairly typical attitude?
No, the attitude that men are entitled to women's bodies. Expressing it as "rape should be legalised" is just a new take on a very old idea.
Old 12-06-2019, 03:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmostCertainlyARapist
The rapists are not finding a way to fulfil their bodily desires
What I'm getting is that India needs a massive masturbation promotion campaign.

Last edited by MrDibble; 12-06-2019 at 03:58 AM.
Old 12-06-2019, 04:53 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
No, the attitude that men are entitled to women's bodies. Expressing it as "rape should be legalised" is just a new take on a very old idea.
I'm seeing a pretty significant difference between the attitude that men are entitled to women's bodies and the attitude that rape should be legalized. And I don't think either attitude is as typical as you believe.
Old 12-06-2019, 05:23 AM

Quote:
I'm seeing a pretty significant difference between the attitude that men are entitled to women's bodies and the attitude that rape should be legalized.
Are you fucking joking? Hell no, there's no real difference.
Quote:
And I don't think either attitude is as typical as you believe.
Bring the countering cites to mine, then. Otherwise shut the fuck up.
Old 12-06-2019, 06:00 AM

There are those who think that this guy, being a wannabe filmmaker, is just looking for cheap publicity by saying outrageous shit.

I'm not sure what's worse; if he is trying to profit off so heinous an idea, or if he actually believes it.

Last edited by Two Many Cats; 12-06-2019 at 06:02 AM.
Old 12-06-2019, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Many Cats View Post
There are those who think that this guy, being a wannabe filmmaker, is just looking for cheap publicity by saying outrageous shit.

I'm not sure what's worse; if he is trying to profit off so heinous an idea, or if he actually believes it.
Either way, it's an excellent segway to a call center career.
Old 12-06-2019, 08:20 AM

God what a malevolently and maliciously ignorant person.

Once again, rape isn't about sex. If rapists just wanted sex, there are many ways of getting consensual sex that don't put them at significant legal risk and don't involve violence. But they don't want sex, they want rape. Rape is about rape, not about sex. Rapists rape because they want to rape, not because they want sex.
Old 12-06-2019, 08:21 AM
Charter Member

When women can be demeaned and shamed for BOTH promiscuity AND forwithholding sex, I think it’s clearly NOT about the sex. It’s pretty obviously about WHO controls access to sex!
Old 12-06-2019, 08:40 AM

Quote:
That a large number of men feel they are entitled to sex and women should give it to them whether they want to or not.
Not to be a pedantic dick or anything, but there's a fairly vast difference in meaning between "typical" and "large number". It's not typical, it's psychotic and maladjusted. The absolute number of men with that attitude is admittedly large, but I disagree it is held by anything like a ratio approaching the level required to make it "typical". In other news, yeah Daniel Shravan sounds like a pretty bad character to whom pretty bad things would happen were there any moral order in the universe.
Old 12-06-2019, 08:43 AM

Quote:
What I'm getting is that India needs a massive masturbation promotion campaign.
“Shake Hands with the Government”
Old 12-06-2019, 09:11 AM
Charter Member

-Rapists are really horny, and if they don't do something about it, they'll kill you.

To quote a police officer I knew who often encountered the "I couldn't help it" defense:

You don't need a partner if you got a good hand.
Old 12-06-2019, 09:14 AM

Easiest pitting ever, the man is a despicable tool. What a woman chooses to do should be free for them to decide, no exceptions, no excuses.

And perhaps I'm sheltered or it is a terminology thing that I daren't risk googling at work, but I've never heard of a "dental dam"

And as for that attitude being "not unusual", I know lots of men, lots. Many a conversation have I had in various states of inebriation when the mask can slip in many ways but I can't think of anyone ever saying something as horrific.
I've no doubt some cultures might promote it or give it an opportunity to fester but it is rare enough in my circles not to have heard it or seen it.
Old 12-06-2019, 09:20 AM

Shravan:

Quote:
“The society as well as the government is frightening rapists. This is not the way. The girls above the age of 18 should be educated about rape. The girls should never deny sexual desires of men. Especially Indian girls should be aware of sex education like carrying condoms and dental dams after the age of 18,” he said.

He went to the extent of saying that instead of objecting to rape, a woman should “readily” accept the situation.
I'm sorry if this offends anyone, but the fact that he is Indian doesn't surprise me. Based on the horrific cases reported of routine gang rape over there, they have a pretty cavalier attitude towards rape in general. Rather than meekly submitting to rape, killing the rapists might be a better deterrent.
Old 12-06-2019, 09:21 AM

Quote:
I'm seeing a pretty significant difference between the attitude that men are entitled to women's bodies and the attitude that rape should be legalized. And I don't think either attitude is as typical as you believe.
I'm not sure those opinions are that far apart. The latter seems to be a logical legal outcome of the former. I can certainly see how one follows from the other.
Old 12-06-2019, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novelty Bobble View Post

And perhaps I'm sheltered or it is a terminology thing that I daren't risk googling at work, but I've never heard of a "dental dam"
A dental dam is a sheet of latex 6 or 8 inches square that dentists use to protect surrounding areas of the mouth when doing dental work. They're also used used in oral sex as a barrier between the mouth and the naughty bits to protect against STD's, much like a condom does. They're available at any drugstore.
Old 12-06-2019, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inigo Montoya View Post
Not to be a pedantic dick or anything
"...but I'm going to anyway"

Fuck off.
Quote:
It's not typical, it's psychotic and maladjusted.
No, it's really, really not. There is no mental illness with these men - they were raised that way, or society allowed them to form those ideas. And they were allowed to get away with it, too - from Indian "eve teasing" to fraternity emails about "rapebait", this shit is pervasive and tolerated at the very least, globally.
Quote:
The absolute number of men with that attitude is admittedly large, but I disagree it is held by anything like a ratio approaching the level required to make it "typical".
I'd say 25% to 30% who are willing to admit it in surveys makes it pretty damn normal. Which is one definition of the word "typical"

Last edited by MrDibble; 12-06-2019 at 09:33 AM.
Old 12-06-2019, 09:55 AM

Quote:
"...but I'm going to anyway"

Fuck off.
I do not consent.

Besides, if you post stuff on the internet you should expect some trollish pushback. You know we're out here. You were asking for it. Granted, most people in Internetland will at least respect your position, but 25-30% of us will invariably have something snarky to say.
Old 12-06-2019, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancia View Post
A dental dam is a sheet of latex 6 or 8 inches square that dentists use to protect surrounding areas of the mouth when doing dental work. They're also used used in oral sex as a barrier between the mouth and the naughty bits to protect against STD's, much like a condom does. They're available at any drugstore.
Thanks, (I think?). Never heard of such thing.
Old 12-06-2019, 10:02 AM
Charter Member

"Gee Officer it wasn't really rape. She had condoms and a dental dam in her purse and made me use them. That implies consent."

Yeah, right.
Old 12-06-2019, 10:34 AM
Charter Member

Rape should be legal, as long as it's not "violent"

In other news, Murder should be legal, as long as it's not Lethal, and Arson should be allowed, as long as no Property is Destroyed.
Old 12-06-2019, 10:36 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Otherwise shut the fuck up.
No U
Old 12-06-2019, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie-Xmas View Post
"Gee Officer it wasn't really rape. She had condoms and a dental dam in her purse and made me use them. That implies consent."

Yeah, right.
It has been tried.

Quote:
During the three-day trial, Joel Valdez, 28, argued that the woman agreed to have sex because she had asked him to use the condom.

“She told me to do her a favor. She told me to wear a condom, so I did,” Valdez testified. “We were making love after that.”
He got 40 years.

-God
Old 12-06-2019, 12:24 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Are you fucking joking? Hell no, there's no real difference.

Bring the countering cites to mine, then. Otherwise shut the fuck up.
I notice how you often ask people to "shut the fuck up". Do you find debating is easier for you when the other person isn't saying anything?

But I'm not here to help you. I read your cites. None of them call for the legalization of rape or report on people calling for that. Which is the claim you were making back at the start of this debate. I'll admit you've wandered around a lot since then so it's not clear what exactly you're arguing about now.

Last edited by Little Nemo; 12-06-2019 at 12:25 PM.
Old 12-06-2019, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Dibble

If you're going to be a pedantic dick and quibble about my use of the word "typical", replace it with "not unusual" instead.
A charitable reading of your initial post might stretch to include this spin. Unfortunately, our last encounter proved to me that you are gleefully uncharitable in your interpretations of other people’s posts. You positively enjoy interpreting other people’s posts in the worst possible light. So that’s how I’ll be with you.

You said that the idea of legalising rape was “typical” (I won’t accept your substitution of ‘not unusual’ because they aren’t synonymous). Your blizzard of cites don’t prove that. Since they don’t prove that, they also don’t exculpate you from the charge that you were talking about Indian men, specifically.

Why do you think the typical Indian man wants rape to be made legal?
Old 12-06-2019, 01:36 PM
Embracing the Suck
Charter Member

Quote:
-Women should carry condems and dental dams around, just in case. See, you should always cooperate, and this way you can give him a condom first, so you'll be protected!
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmine View Post
Shravan:
I'm sorry if this offends anyone, but the fact that he is Indian doesn't surprise me. Based on the horrific cases reported of routine gang rape over there, they have a pretty cavalier attitude towards rape in general. Rather than meekly submitting to rape, killing the rapists might be a better deterrent.
I love to travel, so does mrAru, and at one point there was a train excursion across India that hit the Golden Temple, Taj Mahal and a few other mega-interesting sites. Then I started reading unreasonably frequent reports of not just the local women being raped at an unconsionable rate, but female tourists as well. I refuse to patronize a country that does not seem to want to take serious steps in halting the activities.

The *only* think I would equip myself with is not a condom, or a dental dam but a protective insert. THen again, I bet this special little buttercup would be screaming *I* assaulted *him* by damaging his dick.
Old 12-06-2019, 02:15 PM

Ya know, I don't think this fella is gonna get a lot of support for his idea.

-God
Old 12-06-2019, 02:23 PM
Charter Member

What happens if the woman makes it violent, i.e. she hits or bites her rapist? Is she a criminal, now?
Old 12-06-2019, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Feeling some amount of entitlement toward sex isn't the same as genuinely believing rape should be legal. Far more men are in the former category rather than the latter. The latter you hear more from anyone identifying as an 'incel', and even though, a lot of the times it comes up they aren't actually arguing in 'good' faith. It's part of their venting, which doesn't make it okay (before you freak out at me, too), but is NOT the same thing as promoting rape.

It's like comparing leering or sexualized comments to assault and rape. Neither are okay, but they do not equal each other.

Quote:
Now, kindly fuck off.
Well aren't you a ray of sunshine...
Old 12-06-2019, 02:54 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovitlac View Post
Feeling some amount of entitlement toward sex isn't the same as genuinely believing rape should be legal.
I'm unclear on your reasoning, here. If one is entitled to something, doesn't that mean another party is obliged to grant it, regardless of how that party feels about it? I can see arguing that women would be more open and less repressed about casual sex and that society should not be critical of or even concerned about women who freely engage in casual sex, but that strikes me as distinct from implying women should be obligated to satisfy someone else's entitlement to casual sex.
Old 12-06-2019, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan Ekers
If one is entitled to something, doesn't that mean another party is obliged to grant it, regardless of how that party feels about it?
It doesn’t mean the “entitled” party is morally justified in just taking it.
Old 12-06-2019, 03:30 PM
Charter Member

Well, morals aside, are they legally justified in just taking it? Isn't that the difference between entitlement and just a sense of entitlement? If it's just the latter, then, fine, be a jerk and an asshole. If anyone is seriously advocating for the former, then, well... fuck you, you fucking savage.
Old 12-06-2019, 04:31 PM
Charter Member

Having some connection with India, I have heard several Indian men say fucked ip things about sex.

A lot of people in Indian society are seriously misogynistic and generally the culture has very unhealthy attitudes towards sex.

With the rise of Hindu fundamentalists and the BJP, things seem to be getting worse rather than better.
Old 12-06-2019, 05:33 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickSilver View Post
Either way, it's an excellent segway to a call center career.
What does a two-wheeled motorized personal vehicle have to do with any of this?
Old 12-06-2019, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreysonCarlisle View Post
Holy fuck!

Hope he never works in film again and has trouble earning a living. At least until he wises up.
No. Not even then. What a piece of sorry ass shit.
Old 12-06-2019, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmine View Post
I hope it’s not offensive (I’m not Indian so I have no room to judge) but you’re talking about a regional culture, not condemning a race or ethnicity.

I mean, I’m American and I know our culture is greedy, materialistic, and entitled. I try not be myself, but that’s my country’s culture. And I consider myself proud of my country, I just know it has serious flaws.
Old 12-06-2019, 05:54 PM

I don't give a damn where the piece of shit is from. I don't give a fuck about his "culture" either., if this is what it is.
Old 12-06-2019, 06:56 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aruvqan View Post
The *only* think I would equip myself with is not a condom, or a dental dam but a protective insert. THen again, I bet this special little buttercup would be screaming *I* assaulted *him* by damaging his dick.
Sadly, Snopes reports that while it's been invented, it's never been marketed or available for purchase. Too damn bad, sez I. Rapists deserve this and worse.
Old 12-06-2019, 07:00 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovitlac View Post
Feeling some amount of entitlement toward sex isn't the same as genuinely believing rape should be legal. Far more men are in the former category rather than the latter. The latter you hear more from anyone identifying as an 'incel', and even though, a lot of the times it comes up they aren't actually arguing in 'good' faith. It's part of their venting, which doesn't make it okay (before you freak out at me, too), but is NOT the same thing as promoting rape.

It's like comparing leering or sexualized comments to assault and rape. Neither are okay, but they do not equal each other.
I agree. Men who think they're entitled to sex are talking about things like "I took a girl out for an expensive meal and a movie so she should be willing to have sex with me later that night." That's different from saying "I should be able to rape any woman I see as long as I don't kill her afterwards." Both attitudes are wrong but that doesn't make them the same.
Old Yesterday, 02:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unreconstructed Man View Post
Umm...say what now? How are you defining ‘fairly typical’ here? And typical among whom?
I'm guessing you've never heard of "incels", before?
Old Yesterday, 02:17 AM

I'll agree that feeling entitled to sex and supporting rape are not the same thing, as the former thinks the other person should want to have sex with them, while the latter doesn't care what the other person wants.

However, the logical conclusion of the entitlement would inherently lead to rape. If said entitlement were enforced, then one person would get to have sex with the other, regardless of whether they consented. And that would be rape.

I actually think realizing this is a big way to show that said feelings of entitlement are wrong. You know rape is wrong, and, if that entitlement were to exist, you'd have to allow rape, which is wrong. Therefore, your entitlement is also wrong.