Old 10-08-2019, 08:48 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveG1 View Post
We made you do it? What a pussy answer.
This.
Old 10-08-2019, 08:52 AM

Trumpster Fire

At this point, I'm convinced that if Trump walked onto a rally stage and sodomized a puppy while screaming "Death to America," his supporters would line up to use their mouths to clean his Toadstool when he was done.

Trump is an abusive boyfriend, and his supporters are the love-sick, low-standard-having fools who only hear Trump's words when what he says fits their romantic narrative. They ignore anything he says which would upset that narrative, and they overlook his violence and his cheating, telling themselves that being with a bully is better than being alone, or (gasp!) being with a liberal. For every nine punches in the face, there's a rose; his supporters keep holding on for the next rose, telling themselves to forget about the punches in the face. The punches-to-roses ratio is abysmal, but but but he LOVES them - the roses prove it!

I've been more conservative than I am at present, and I've been more liberal than I am at present (long, boring story). I don't fully trust or support any candidate who's run in the campaign cycles since I reached voting age. However, I would NEVER vote for someone simply because I wanted to enrage, alienate, punish, or whatever, "the other side." I've seen public figures who, while I disagree with them on religion or specific policies, I can still respect them as people, believing that they are, overall, decent, honest, compassionate, intelligent individuals. I can agree to disagree, until that disagreement leads to human rights violations, injustice, or what have you. I like to play devil's advocate, I like to pick people's brains to see why they believe the way they do - but, for me, Trump is a bridge too far in almost every single respect, every policy, every issue.
Old 10-08-2019, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumpy View Post

Because gun owners have militantly fought tooth and nail to prevent it.
Much like they did after all the school shootings under Trump's watch. Do you feel safer knowing more nuts have enough firepower to wipe out entire crowds? Do you think if you were at Las Vegas with a gun, you could have prevented the slaughter?

Quote:

My position? Don't blame me for anything Trump has done; this is what you pushed us to.
That's what a lot of Trump voters say. Do you think his immaturity, unwillingness to listen to advisers and generals, mistreatment of anybody who disagrees with him, ignorance of US law and the Constitution, previous record of bankruptcies, making Americans pay for tariffs he thinks punishes the Chinese but actually doesn't, and sending the US into 10 trillion in debt were worth not having Hilary as president?

Don't consider this question a smart-mouthed liberal being sassy. I really want to know if you consider his flaws.
Old 10-08-2019, 09:44 AM
Charter Member

Lumpy, coming all up in here with an excuse I wouldn't accept from a twelve year-old!

"He made me do it!"

I could've sworn I remember reading some conservative doper who said they didn't vote for Trump, but when they were standing at the voting booth, they were thinking of those mean librul Dopers and their bad arguments and they almost pulled the trigger for Trump anyway.

Same maturity level there. "Hey, my choice for running the country depends upon my immediate emotional response to a self-selected, but random, group of people with whom I have a distant relationship to via a message board!" Just like the Founders intended!

Last edited by JohnT; 10-08-2019 at 09:47 AM.
Old 10-08-2019, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malleus, Incus, Stapes! View Post
I was having a conversation with a close relative the other day that I found enlightening, at least with regard to the current conservative psyche.
I asked him if he thought there were any hard lines the "good guys" should never cross. And he basically said, not really. He said that it's all nice and well to have ethics in a world where everyone holds hands and sings Kumbaya, but in the real world, you do what you have to do in America's best interests. Even if it means lowering yourself to "their" level.
After several minutes of debate, and some hemming and hawing, he came up with a line: genocide. As in, if there's a village full of civilians, you can't just bomb them because you don't like their face. If there's a better reason to bomb them, though, like there's terrorists hiding out in the village, kaboom away.

Convince yourself that having Agent Orange around is the best thing for the country, and with that mindset you really could overlook him shooting a guy on Fifth Avenue.
Update: screwing over the Kurds is also bad. Bad enough that over breakfast, unasked, he complained about Trump being an impulsive idiot who abandoned our allies, even though the Republicans were asking him not to. He didn't even try to troll me about it. I didn't press the issue, but having him admit that the Orange One could do anything wrong is a baby step in the right direction.
Old 10-08-2019, 10:02 AM

Lump has helpfully encapsulated the Trump MAGA-cult: vindictive, ignorant and morally bankrupt.
Old 10-08-2019, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveG1 View Post
Hurt feelings, snowflake? "Fuck your feelings." Sound familiar?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&sour...70628089024055
The snowflakes are you pathetic losers suffering from terminal TDS who have started 57382 posts on the glorious orange one.
Old 10-08-2019, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by octopus View Post
The snowflakes are you pathetic losers suffering from terminal TDS who have started 57382 posts on the glorious orange one.
Your "leader" is the bigliest snowflake ever. Shove this bs where the sun don't shine until you can honestly look at your side and how they whine about literally everything and everyone that isn't sufficiently licking dear leaders boots. It's really pathetic how snowflaky you conservatives are these days.
Old 10-08-2019, 10:52 AM
Charter Member

"No u" is an even more juvenile excuse than "Look what you made me do!"
Old 10-08-2019, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airbeck View Post
Your "leader" is the bigliest snowflake ever. Shove this bs where the sun don't shine until you can honestly look at your side and how they whine about literally everything and everyone that isn't sufficiently licking dear leaders boots. It's really pathetic how snowflaky you conservatives are these days.
The glorious orange one is thin skinned. Like a kumquat.
Old 10-08-2019, 11:25 AM

Quote:
The glorious orange one is thin skinned. Like a kumquat.
So are his followers.
Old 10-08-2019, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickSilver View Post
Lump has helpfully encapsulated the Trump MAGA-cult: vindictive, ignorant and morally bankrupt.

You forgot whiny.
Old 10-08-2019, 12:08 PM

Quote:

My position? Don't blame me for anything Trump has done; this is what you pushed us to.
Personal responsibility.
Old 10-08-2019, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Jesus. Were you actually crying when you typed this?
Old 10-08-2019, 01:02 PM
Charter Jays Fan

Trumpists are, far and away, the most politically sensitive people I've seen in modern political discourse. No other large cohort of voters in a Western country in my lifetime are so emotionally fragile. Campus activists are pretty damn bad, but I'm not sure a group one is only a part of for a few years, and in a specific setting, is the same thing.

That said, unsurprisingly, the question remains unanswered. Trumpists never admit where the line is. They never have and never will, so don't ask. A more relevant question is why that is.

The answer is simple; the line isn't in front of us. Decent people assume that Trumpists perceive Trump as a capable President who is running a presidential administration and that, if Trump does things that are sufficiently bad according to the law and common decency, at some point they will decide he has done too many bad things and will not support him. That isn't the point, though, and it's not how they think. Trumpists DON'T want Trump to be a normal President doing presidential things; they want him to be a dictator doing terrible things to people they don't like. If Trump cheats to win the 2020 election, that isn't a bad thing to Trumpists. If he has immigrants shot without trial, that isn't a bad thing to them. They don't see Trump as being on a scale of "increasingly unacceptable things" that he's at about 85 out of 100 on, or any number out of 100. To them his escalation of disregard for the Constitution and civilized behaviour is entirely terrific and they want more of it.
Old 10-08-2019, 01:07 PM

Absolutely. This, plus a cult-like worship of an authority figure. Once the Authority figure has established himself as The One True Leader, with the Best Brain, and Great and Unmatched Wisdom.... The cult members will do anything, believe anything.
Old 10-08-2019, 01:10 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphonious Polemic View Post
The One True Leader, with the Best Brain
Joel?
Old 10-08-2019, 01:31 PM

Quote:
I find it infinitely amusing that the terms bandied around by MAGAminion like: TDS and Presidential Harassment are so much more applicable to those trying to use them as insults.

I mean, what else would you call a cult like following of Trump if not Trump Derangement Syndrome. Similarly, every single tweet and utterance by the Orange AssClown is nothing but Presidential Harassment of whomever he is targeting in that moment.

Tell me you recognize this irony in this profound baffoonery of the MAGA-cult and its dear leader.
Old 10-08-2019, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Absolutely. This, plus a cult-like worship of an authority figure. Once the Authority figure has established himself as The One True Leader, with the Best Brain, and Great and Unmatched Wisdom.... The cult members will do anything, believe anything.
Hail the great Stable Genius.
Old 10-08-2019, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czarcasm View Post
More than once on this board the question has been asked of Trump supporters: What is the minimum Trump could do to cause you to oppose him?
Care to guess what the few responses were?
The main problem with questions such as these is simple. There are very FEW Trump supporters on this board.

Like maybe you could find 1 or 2?

So that begs the question, why post here asking questions of Trump supporters? The conservatives on this board realize that the OP likes to call out folks that aren't here, fight imaginary battles vs the big bad dragons of GOP Trump supporters HERE, where there are not many …if any

He posts here to hear the sounds of his voice echoing back to him. As with some others, who will almost never fail to jump in and give him what he wants.

What Trump was/ and may very well be again is the lesser of two evils and that is just as much YOUR fault as it is conservatives

Last edited by Kearsen1; 10-08-2019 at 02:02 PM.
Old 10-08-2019, 02:17 PM
Charter Member

OK, so answer the question.
Old 10-08-2019, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kearsen1 View Post
What Trump was/ and may very well be again is the lesser of two evils and that is just as much YOUR fault as it is conservatives [my emphasis]
Trump is a misogynist, an accused child rapist. He is a fraudster, liar, criminal and now, it's becoming clear, a traitor. He is a sociopathic narcissist, behaves like a spoiled 10-year old brat, and has no intellect ó the most complicated issues have to be distilled into 1-page memos for him and even then he won't read them unless his name is repeated often. Racism, and violent attacks against blacks, Muslims, and immigrants have risen sharply under Trump's leadership.

The closest advisers that Trump hand-picked have largely deserted him. Cohen the bag man has turned his back, Scaramucci and other right-wingers now condemn Trump, some R's are even calling for impeachment. Even Bannon jumped off. Our allies are jumping away; Putin is more credible than Trump. The U.S. has suffered hugely in world standing. Trump is adding trillions to the national debt.

But Hillary looked the other way when hubby got a blow job; then wanted poor children to have healthcare. You were forced to vote for Trump. Got it.
Old 10-08-2019, 02:44 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
The main problem with questions such as these is simple. There are very FEW Trump supporters on this board.
Few who will still admit it in public, anyway.
Old 10-08-2019, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludovic View Post
Joel?
Old 10-08-2019, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Jesus. Were you actually crying when you typed this?
Not quite as much as the authors of the billion posts in the 3293939 threads about Trump and with 0 screams at the sky.

Last edited by octopus; 10-08-2019 at 02:52 PM.
Old 10-08-2019, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickJay View Post
Trumpists are, far and away, the most politically sensitive people I've seen in modern political discourse. No other large cohort of voters in a Western country in my lifetime are so emotionally fragile. Campus activists are pretty damn bad, but I'm not sure a group one is only a part of for a few years, and in a specific setting, is the same thing.

That said, unsurprisingly, the question remains unanswered. Trumpists never admit where the line is. They never have and never will, so don't ask. A more relevant question is why that is.

The answer is simple; the line isn't in front of us. Decent people assume that Trumpists perceive Trump as a capable President who is running a presidential administration and that, if Trump does things that are sufficiently bad according to the law and common decency, at some point they will decide he has done too many bad things and will not support him. That isn't the point, though, and it's not how they think. Trumpists DON'T want Trump to be a normal President doing presidential things; they want him to be a dictator doing terrible things to people they don't like. If Trump cheats to win the 2020 election, that isn't a bad thing to Trumpists. If he has immigrants shot without trial, that isn't a bad thing to them. They don't see Trump as being on a scale of "increasingly unacceptable things" that he's at about 85 out of 100 on, or any number out of 100. To them his escalation of disregard for the Constitution and civilized behaviour is entirely terrific and they want more of it.
Thatís pure nonsense. I know a lot of Trump voters and not one is wishing for violence or a dictator. You know, the last time I was in Victoria a woman from China was saying she liked Trump and that he had a point about too much immigration. She was complaining about housing prices in BC due to recent Chinese buyers. Itís an anecdote but she didnít want anyone shot and she sure the hell wasnt a white nationalist.

What does your ridiculous hyperbole accomplish?
Old 10-08-2019, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnT View Post
OK, so answer the question.
I was informed that my input about said question was irrelevant since I am not a Trumpist.
Old 10-08-2019, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickSilver View Post
I find it infinitely amusing that the terms bandied around by MAGAminion like: TDS and Presidential Harassment are so much more applicable to those trying to use them as insults.

I mean, what else would you call a cult like following of Trump if not Trump Derangement Syndrome. Similarly, every single tweet and utterance by the Orange AssClown is nothing but Presidential Harassment of whomever he is targeting in that moment.

Tell me you recognize this irony in this profound baffoonery of the MAGA-cult and its dear leader.
Republicans suffer from Clinton Derangement Syndrome. Soon to be Warren Derangement Syndrome.
Old 10-08-2019, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by septimus View Post
Trump is a misogynist, an accused child rapist. He is a fraudster, liar, criminal and now, it's becoming clear, a traitor. He is a sociopathic narcissist, behaves like a spoiled 10-year old brat, and has no intellect ó the most complicated issues have to be distilled into 1-page memos for him and even then he won't read them unless his name is repeated often. Racism, and violent attacks against blacks, Muslims, and immigrants have risen sharply under Trump's leadership.

The closest advisers that Trump hand-picked have largely deserted him. Cohen the bag man has turned his back, Scaramucci and other right-wingers now condemn Trump, some R's are even calling for impeachment. Even Bannon jumped off. Our allies are jumping away; Putin is more credible than Trump. The U.S. has suffered hugely in world standing. Trump is adding trillions to the national debt.

But Hillary looked the other way when hubby got a blow job; then wanted poor children to have healthcare. You were forced to vote for Trump. Got it.
No one forced me to do anything, correct. What I would not have done is vote for someone morally bankrupt (like Hillary, or in this very case Trump) but it seems to be a common theme here that any one or any view that differs from the hive mind (that is profusely argued against being) results in that very knee jerk reaction.

Quite a few of you guys need some serious introspection as to why people who may have differing views from you but would ultimately be pretty decent people. When you vilify the whole class of Republicans or Conservatives, as is done here often. You might not get the results that you wish for! Imagine that?!
Old 10-08-2019, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Will you accept this excuse when your side loses?
Old 10-08-2019, 03:08 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Quote:
No one forced me to do anything, correct. What I would not have done is vote for someone morally bankrupt (like Hillary, or in this very case Trump) but it seems to be a common theme here that any one or any view that differs from the hive mind (that is profusely argued against being) results in that very knee jerk reaction.

Quite a few of you guys need some serious introspection as to why people who may have differing views from you but would ultimately be pretty decent people. When you vilify the whole class of Republicans or Conservatives, as is done here often. You might not get the results that you wish for! Imagine that?!
WAHHHHHH!!!!!
I'll believe you are on the fence when it comes to Trump when you start whining about how Trumpettes treat the left. Take your fence-sitting act elsewhere.
By the way, that "hive-mind" crap is stale. You might want to see if any fresher talking points are available.
Old 10-08-2019, 03:11 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Quote:
I was informed that my input about said question was irrelevant since I am not a Trumpist.
And yet here you are, still defending that ass in chief. If you haven't got the guts to say you support him, fuck off.
Old 10-08-2019, 03:14 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElvisL1ves View Post
Few who will still admit it in public, anyway.
We seem to have a bunch of "I'm on the fence...but you Dems sure do treat us them Trump followers bad" types, though.

Last edited by Czarcasm; 10-08-2019 at 03:14 PM.
Old 10-08-2019, 03:20 PM

Along with the usual "Well both sides are bad so whatcha gonna do?"

I guess you just have to agree with them. Jaywalking and armed robbery ARE both against the law.
Old 10-08-2019, 03:20 PM

Quote:
We seem to have a bunch of "I'm on the fence...but you Dems sure do treat us them Trump followers bad" types, though.
Which is very much the actual case Ö that you seem to not be able to believe.
Old 10-08-2019, 03:24 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Quote:
Come back when you can tell the truth, trumptroll.
Old 10-08-2019, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Are you aware of the horrible and disgusting way that much of the Right treats those of us on the left online? Why aren't you concerned about that just as much? Memes about AOC getting raped, claims that the left wants babies to be murdered, that we hate America and want to destroy it? Does that cause you to feel the same way, or is it only one direction of meanness that you are upset about?
Old 10-08-2019, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airbeck View Post
Are you aware of the horrible and disgusting way that much of the Right treats those of us on the left online? Why aren't you concerned about that just as much? Memes about AOC getting raped, claims that the left wants babies to be murdered, that we hate America and want to destroy it? Does that cause you to feel the same way, or is it only one direction of meanness that you are upset about?
Possibly because I am not them, don't frequent boards like that. I am here, you are the ones doing whatever it is. Why on earth do you worry about what someone else does to someone else?

If it happens to you on some other board, then ok you have some skin in that game on THAT board.

But you do it here for simples reasons.
You can get away with it and have your rants go unchecked because it is a like minded board.

None of those things you list happen HERE
Old 10-08-2019, 03:59 PM

Quote:

Can we villify trump voters?
Old 10-08-2019, 04:19 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Quote:
Possibly because I am not them, don't frequent boards like that. I am here, you are the ones doing whatever it is. Why on earth do you worry about what someone else does to someone else?

If it happens to you on some other board, then ok you have some skin in that game on THAT board.

But you do it here for simples reasons.
You can get away with it and have your rants go unchecked because it is a like minded board.

None of those things you list happen HERE
You are supposedly middle of the road...but this board that is so left wing if disgusts you is the board you choose to frequent?
You masochist!
Old 10-08-2019, 05:17 PM

Quote:
WAHHHHHH!!!!!
I'll believe you are on the fence when it comes to Trump when you start whining about how Trumpettes treat the left. Take your fence-sitting act elsewhere.
By the way, that "hive-mind" crap is stale. You might want to see if any fresher talking points are available.
Bzzzzzz!

So hiveling, the hive mind is not stale commentary. Whatís stale is the million million threads on Trump. You redundant fools have no room to talk with regards to stale topics.
Old 10-08-2019, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Bzzzzzz!

So hiveling, the hive mind is not stale commentary. Whatís stale is the million million threads on Trump. You redundant fools have no room to talk with regards to stale topics.
If Trump would stop doing horrible things, I'd agree. It's not like we're talking about the same bullshit like Benghazi over and over again. It's fresh bullshit every other day.
Old 10-08-2019, 05:27 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snfaulkner View Post
It's fresh bullshit every other day.
Wrong species.

The "stable genius" spews horseshit.

Last edited by Skywatcher; 10-08-2019 at 05:28 PM.
Old 10-08-2019, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Why on earth do you worry about what someone else does to someone else?
And here it is, in a simple sentence providing a perfect encapsulation of the modern GOP. Why worry about somebody else? Why worry about those immigrants, they're not Real Americans. Why worry about those transsexuals, they're not Normal. Why worry if we got help from Russia, we won didn't we? I got mine. Me first, and that means America first.. and it better be the kind of America *I* like. The environment? My backyard's just fine buddy! On and on and on....
Old 10-08-2019, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywatcher View Post
Wrong species.

The "stable genius" spews horseshit.
Ah, it makes sense now! He's a genius in a stable full of horses
Old 10-08-2019, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snfaulkner View Post
Ah, it makes sense now! He's a genius in a stable full of horses
Ah...He is the "stable "genius"" in the way some folks are the "village idiot." A place identifier and then a characterization, Genius being facetious in this context.
Old 10-08-2019, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malleus, Incus, Stapes! View Post
Update: screwing over the Kurds is also bad. Bad enough that over breakfast, unasked, he complained about Trump being an impulsive idiot who abandoned our allies, even though the Republicans were asking him not to. He didn't even try to troll me about it. I didn't press the issue, but having him admit that the Orange One could do anything wrong is a baby step in the right direction.

Thanks for the update. After the Turkey debacle I was actually going to post to ask whether your dad makes a distinction between committing genocide, and stepping aside to allow someone else to commit genocide.
Old 10-08-2019, 07:53 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Then you must be a Trumpist, otherwise you wouldn't be complaining about what someone else thinks of them.
Old 10-08-2019, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludovic View Post
Then you must be a Trumpist, otherwise you wouldn't be complaining about what someone else thinks of them.
That's piss poor logic. Do you have to be livestock to worry about animal rights? Do you have to be coral to worry about ocean acidity?
Old 10-08-2019, 09:56 PM

Quote:
That's piss poor logic. Do you have to be livestock to worry about animal rights? Do you have to be coral to worry about ocean acidity?
Doyou have to be poor to worry about income inequality? Do you have to be black to worry about extrajudicial killings? Hey this is fun.