Old 02-21-2020, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukulele Ike View Post
a small slab of fried white fish with processed cheese and tartar sauce on white bread
Mr. President, you are what you eat.
Old 02-21-2020, 11:32 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mundane Super Hero View Post
That explains the grin.
Old 02-21-2020, 01:36 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mundane Super Hero View Post
“Napoleon became a pastry....Bismarck became a herring...und der Fuehrer vill become a piece of cheese!”

To Be Or Not To Be, 1942
Old 02-21-2020, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Just came here to post that. Christ, what an asshole.

I can’t see him understanding Parasite, anyway. Or having the ability to read the subtitles.

Also, Sunset Boulevard seems rather too subtle for him. If he could muster the attention span to sit through an entire movie, it would feature lots of flying glass and topless babes.
Heh:

'Parasite' studio fires back after Trump criticism: 'He can't read'

Quote:
The movie studio behind the South Korean film “Parasite” hit back on Thursday after President Trump criticized the foreign-language film for winning best picture at the 2020 Academy Awards.

"Understandable, he can't read," Neon tweeted from its official account with a link to Trump's comments.
And the funny thing is, is that they're not too far off.
Old 02-21-2020, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Just came here to post that. Christ, what an asshole.

I can’t see him understanding Parasite, anyway. Or having the ability to read the subtitles.

Also, Sunset Boulevard seems rather too subtle for him. If he could muster the attention span to sit through an entire movie, it would feature lots of flying glass and topless babes.
Heh:

'Parasite' studio fires back after Trump criticism: 'He can't read'

Quote:
The movie studio behind the South Korean film “Parasite” hit back on Thursday after President Trump criticized the foreign-language film for winning best picture at the 2020 Academy Awards.

"Understandable, he can't read," Neon tweeted from its official account with a link to Trump's comments.
And the funny thing is, is that they're not too far off.
Old 02-21-2020, 02:30 PM

In one incident, a series of realities about Trump’s presidency seem to be confirmed

Quote:
He is not the only one who holds this view of his presidency, that there is greater risk to the country in revealing Russia’s efforts than there is in reinforcing Trump’s preferred, inaccurate worldview. On “Fox & Friends,” the Fox News daily news briefing, co-host Pete Hegseth argued that it was the media who was aiding Russia’s efforts to sow discord by reporting on what happened with Maguire.

He presented the story as somehow coming from Russia.

“This is what they do,” he said. “The Democrats, the media fell for it, and they keep falling for it because they hate Trump so much, they’re willing to parrot what the Kremlin is saying. They are the agents of Russia, not Donald Trump, not this White House.”

The Kremlin denied reports that Russia was looking to interfere in the 2020 election. Hegseth was once rumored to be in the running for a Cabinet position in the Trump administration. He is also credited with persuading Trump to offer pardons to several members of the military charged with war crimes.
[my italics]

Yes. I remember that disgraceful day in Helsinki when the Democrats rolled over and bared their belly to Vladimir Putin, publically throwing US intelligence agencies under the bus and affirming that Russia wouldn't have interfered in US elections because Vlad told them so.
Old 02-21-2020, 07:01 PM

But it was made by South Koreans, who have been exploiting the poor US for decades [crowd boos]. And of all the movies that have ever been made he picked "Gone with the Wind", noted for it's realistic potrayal of the happy lives of the slaves and of the Lost Cause of the noble Southerners fighting to defend their way of life [crowd cheers]
Old 02-21-2020, 07:25 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Mabes View Post
But it was made by South Koreans, who have been exploiting the poor US for decades [crowd boos].
Perhaps if it had been a North Korean film, Loser Donald would be completely OK with it getting Best Picture.
Old 02-21-2020, 10:54 PM
Straight Dope Science Advisory Board

And Tan the Conman strikes again, ensuring the working person can't.
Old 02-21-2020, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Mabes View Post
But it was made by South Koreans, who have been exploiting the poor US for decades [crowd boos]. And of all the movies that have ever been made he picked "Gone with the Wind", noted for it's realistic potrayal of the happy lives of the slaves and of the Lost Cause of the noble Southerners fighting to defend their way of life [crowd cheers]

That's why he relocated to Florida, all those happy serving dark skinned folk.
Old 02-21-2020, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveG1 View Post
If they start a war, the rest of us will finish it for them. Fucking idiots forget they aren't the only armed folks.
True.

I suspect that now, 99% of this is a bunch of insecure guys trying to gin each other up to something resembling self-respect. But if Trump stays in office after January 2021, we will increasingly see that hooligan/Brown Shirt energy being exploited by Erik Prince (and his fellow bully-boys). They may well become organized terrorists, smiled upon by the His Empty-Skulled Majesty.
Old 02-22-2020, 07:41 AM

Intelligence community feels immediate impact of Trump's diplomatic 'disruptor'

Quote:
Richard Grenell, the newly installed acting director of American spy agencies and loyalist to President Donald Trump, began his temporary tenure by moving aggressively to put his stamp on the intelligence community that Trump has repeatedly attacked.

Grenell ousted a veteran intelligence officer on Friday who served as the number two at the Office of the Director of National Intelligence, according to The New York Times, and on Thursday he brought on board a former staffer of Rep. Devin Nunes, a California Republican who's a staunch Trump ally.

Donald Trump Jr. suggested to CNN on Friday that Grenell's commitment to the President was a factor in his selection and said he looks forward to having "an honest dealer" leading the intelligence community.

"All I want is honesty in these places. Whether it's the Justice Department, whether it's there, I just want people who aren't partisan hacks," Trump Jr said, adding that he believes Grenell, the US ambassador to Germany, will be the same kind of disruptive force within the intelligence community that he has been diplomatically.
"[A]n honest dealer" and "partisan hacks". Don Jr has once again broken the irony meter considering Grenell appears to be a bigger hack than Barr and I'm sure whoever Nunes's aide is, he/she won't be too far behind.

Trump's goal is to get the government filled with nothing but partisan hacks loyal to him first.
Old 02-22-2020, 05:57 PM

The State Department overruled the CDC and ordered people who tested positive for coronavirus to fly home on the same plane as people who had not tested positive, and didn't tell those who had tested negative that they would be flying back to the US with people who had tested positive. CDC officials requested that their names be taken off of the press release.
https://gizmodo.com/trump-regime-ove...-a-1841826671?
Old 02-22-2020, 06:59 PM

A lot of infuriating shit in this thread, but those last two posts...
Old 02-22-2020, 09:00 PM

Some morons glued little maga hats and bad hair onto pigeons, which they released in Las Vegas ahead of the Democratic debate event. Because, lack-of-reason?
Old 02-23-2020, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschereal View Post
Some morons glued little maga hats and bad hair onto pigeons, which they released in Las Vegas ahead of the Democratic debate event. Because, lack-of-reason?
Someone has entirely too much time on there hands.
Old 02-23-2020, 08:18 AM

*ahem* ... My twitter joke:

Great, now there are a bunch of disease ridden parasites with red hats walking around. And they're messing with the pigeons!

Thank you. Try the veal.
Old 02-23-2020, 08:26 AM

I raised this issue a ways back and was scoffed at. But lookee here, The Atlantic has raised it.

What Would Happen if Trump Refused to Leave Office?
Quote:
...That a president would defy the results of an election has long been unthinkable; it is now, if not an actual possibility, at the very least something Trump’s supporters joke about. As the former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee tweeted, President Trump “will be eligible for a 3rd term due to the illegal attempts by Comey, Dems, and media , et al attempting to oust him as @POTUS so that’s why I was named to head up the 2024 re-election.” A good troll though it may have been, Huckabee is not the first person to suggest that Trump might not leave when his presidency ends.

In May, the faith leader Jerry Falwell Jr. tweeted an apparent reference to the completed investigation of Special Counsel Robert Mueller into Russian election interference. “I now support reparations,” he wrote. “Trump should have 2 yrs added to his 1st term as pay back for time stolen by this corrupt failed coup.” Trump retweeted Falwell’s post.

One of Trump’s former confidants, Michael Cohen, has suggested that Trump won’t leave. In his congressional testimony before heading to prison, Trump’s former attorney said, “Given my experience working for Mr. Trump, I fear that if he loses the election in 2020, there will never be a peaceful transition of power.”

Although Trump’s remaining in office seems unlikely, a more frightening—and plausible—scenario would be if his defeat inspired extremist supporters to engage in violence. One could imagine a world in which Trump is defeated in the 2020 election, and he immediately begins tweeting that the election was rigged. Or consider the possibility, albeit remote, that a second-term Trump is removed from office through impeachment, and rails about his ouster as a coup. His message would be amplified by right-wing media. If his grievances hit home with even a few people inclined toward violence, deadly acts of violence, or even terrorist attacks against the new administration, could result.

Ultimately, the key to the peaceful transfer of power is the conduct of the outgoing leader himself. America has thus far been lucky in that regard.
That luck, alas, has run out.
Old 02-23-2020, 09:54 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
I saw that story a couple days ago. The thought that ran through my head:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGA Farm
No question now what has happened to the faces of the MAGAts. The creatures outside looked from MAGAt to pigeon, and from pigeon to MAGAt, and from MAGAt to pigeon again: but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Old 02-23-2020, 09:57 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Batty View Post
Great, now there are a bunch of disease ridden parasites with red hats walking around. And they're messing with the pigeons!
I am so stealing this!
Old 02-23-2020, 01:36 PM

Individual 1 just retweeted a video of him slaughtering brown people.
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...45462793441280
Old 02-23-2020, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Kitchen View Post
“The following media includes potentially sensitive content.“

Can you give us a synopsis?
Old 02-23-2020, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKellyMap View Post
“The following media includes potentially sensitive content.“

Can you give us a synopsis?
It's a clip from an Indian movie with Individual 1's face superimposed over one of the characters, going into battle, and then a woman with Melania's face superimposed over an actress's face caressing him afterwards. I stopped watching at that point, so I don't know what more it contains.
Old 02-23-2020, 01:47 PM

Thanks. That’s like having sex in an elevator.
Old 02-23-2020, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Thanks. That’s like having sex in an elevator.
Crowded?
Old 02-23-2020, 02:21 PM

Fucked on every level?
Old 02-23-2020, 02:33 PM
Entangled
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blank Slate View Post
Fucked on every level?
That's outstanding!
Old 02-23-2020, 02:39 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlGauss View Post
That's outstanding!
Yeah that's pretty good
Old 02-23-2020, 02:41 PM

Thanks— not original to me! The version I heard was “wrong on so many levels,” but those alternatives work, too.
Old 02-23-2020, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by enipla View Post
Someone has entirely too much time on there hands.
Probably a certain amount of pigeon poop, too.
Old 02-23-2020, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherrerd View Post
Probably a certain amount of pigeon poop, too.
I wonder if the same person glued MAGA hats on the heads of the 1980 US Olympic hockey team.
Old 02-23-2020, 09:49 PM

I take issue with Mr Rainbow's lyrics – he states that Individual-ONE has the Republicans by a grip upon anatomical features the evidence for which is entirely lacking.
Old 02-24-2020, 01:48 AM

Trump's latest boondoggle to stroke his vanity now has one enlisted member raising the force strength to a grand total of two (2). Of course there is no decision yet (that would require planning, one of Trump's bigliest abilities, don't you know) as to what to call his rank other than Senior Enlisted Advisor which, of course is a positional title currently, not a rank/rate title.

Speaking of ranks, I checked and it seems the Department of Defense is only taking suggestions for USSF enlisted rank titles from current service members. The rest of us are out in the cold*.

*Let's not confuse this song with "Baby, It's Cold Outside".
Old 02-24-2020, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty View Post
Speaking of ranks, I checked and it seems the Department of Defense is only taking suggestions for USSF enlisted rank titles from current service members. The rest of us are out in the cold*.
In space, all warriors are cold warriors.
Old 02-24-2020, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Thanks— not original to me! The version I heard was “wrong on so many levels,” but those alternatives work, too.
I don't see how "wrong on so many levels" could work as a punch line to "like having sex in an elevator." Am I missing something?
Old 02-24-2020, 10:51 AM

Quote:

The Indian government doesn’t want Trump and his entourage to be attacked by monkeys at the Taj Mahal. Or so they claim.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump...b615cb7bdc0ce3

I, however, think it would be epic. And, given that the Indian government’s plan to prevent this calamity consists of a guy with a slingshot, I think they secretly may agree with me.

Can someone PLEASE make an altered version of the video in Rick’s link showing a gang of flying monkeys laying waste to the Warrior Trump?

Last edited by Ann Hedonia; 02-24-2020 at 10:52 AM.
Old 02-24-2020, 11:10 AM
Charter Member

I want to know if Trump had to pay one of those guys ten rupees to watch his shoes when he visited the Taj Mahal. (You're not allowed to wear shoes when you walk around the building so there are these guys at the base who will guard your shoes for a nominal amount.)
Old 02-24-2020, 11:27 AM
SD Curator of Critters

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurtC View Post
I don't see how "wrong on so many levels" could work as a punch line to "like having sex in an elevator." Am I missing something?
Yes. Yes you are.

What does an elevator do?

Last edited by Colibri; 02-24-2020 at 11:30 AM.
Old 02-24-2020, 11:34 AM
Charter Member

You can't risk a monkey biting Donald Trump. The monkey might get rabies.
Old 02-24-2020, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colibri View Post
Yes. Yes you are.

Maybe CurtC was implying “I don’t see anything wrong with that!”

Point taken.

Insert “wrong” activity of your choice, then. “Listening to Nickelback in an elevator”? ”Putting ketchup and mustard on your hot dog in an elevator”? “Saying ‘less’ when you should say ‘fewer,’ in an elevator”?
Old 02-24-2020, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Maybe CurtC was implying “I don’t see anything wrong with that!”

Point taken.
OK, I guess that was it. I didn't get the connection, but if you're saying that it's wrong to have sex in an elevator, therefore it's being wrong on so many levels, then I can see that, but it wasn't clear to me that this was the point.

ISTM that the punch line should clearly be "fucked on so many levels."

If you wanted to use "wrong," then yes, a different metaphor would work better: "It's like Kent Hovind on an elevator!"
Old 02-24-2020, 12:55 PM
Arms of Steel, Leg of Jello
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colibri View Post
Yes. Yes you are.

You wait forever for it to come.
Old 02-24-2020, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey Finn View Post
I want to know if Trump had to pay one of those guys ten rupees to watch his shoes when he visited the Taj Mahal. (You're not allowed to wear shoes when you walk around the building so there are these guys at the base who will guard your shoes for a nominal fee
I went there in 2010. I was not required to remove my shoes (unlike the many mosques I visited in India) - I assume the combination of tourism and the fact that is a mausoleum, rather than a mosque, play a part.

FWIW the famous picture of Princess Diana at the Taj Mahal shows she's wearing shoes.
Old 02-24-2020, 01:08 PM

Am I the only one who has had a vision of Trump forced to use a traditional Indian bathroom during his visit. Would love for him to have to squat to poop. After all, he is the healthiest president ever.
Old 02-24-2020, 01:10 PM

Will Individual 1 demand beef with all of his meals in India?
Old 02-24-2020, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by running coach View Post
And you are never ready when it does?
Old 02-24-2020, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by running coach View Post
Plus, you have to push all the right buttons.
Old 02-24-2020, 02:24 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Quote:
Will Individual 1 demand beef with all of his meals in India?
From what I hear, Air Force One is fully stocked with all of the short-fingered vulgarian’s favorite delicacies.

While his hosts dine on the finest of Indian cuisine, he’ll be eating Big Macs, fries, and well-done steak with ketchup.
Old 02-24-2020, 02:34 PM

The WH is claiming that "internet freedom" (the ruthless murder of not neutrality) has raised real incomes by fifty billion dollars per year (whose are not specified) and increased "consumer welfare" by $40 billion per year (whatever the fuck that pile of pseudosemantic crutons is supposed to mean). Meanwhile, eliminating internet privacy rules has created real income of eleven billion dollars a year.

Also, abrogated bandersnatch Casanova pickle ensconcing murgatroid.
Old 02-24-2020, 03:20 PM
Charter Member

All across America, people are sending Xfinity/Comcast an extra five or ten dollars as an expression of their gratitude.