Old 03-01-2005, 10:50 PM

Count me as somebody else on the Pinnacle server. I have characters ranging from level 5 to level 34.

If you want to contact me by global chat, do so through either account @Hertz or @Hertz2 depending on where I'm hiding at the moment.
Old 03-04-2005, 07:40 AM

Jingo Belle's bio and picture are now up on the Guardians of the Golden Age website . You can check her out here.

If you think the Guardians would be a good home for you, there are plenty of openings left in Virtue; the Pinnacle branch is also recruiting; and the Protector branch opens with a membership drive at Atlas Park on Friday, March 11.

Would anybody like to do a task force this Sunday 3/6? I'm not sure how to get a TF mission, or if I even can get one. Do you have to be a certain level? Jingo Belle is 17 verging on 18 at the moment; I expect to be 19 or 20 by Sunday.
Old 03-04-2005, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic
Would anybody like to do a task force this Sunday 3/6? I'm not sure how to get a TF mission, or if I even can get one. Do you have to be a certain level? Jingo Belle is 17 verging on 18 at the moment; I expect to be 19 or 20 by Sunday.
To get the basic TFs, you just have to be on a team of sufficient size, and have your team lead talk to one of the TF Hero types, appropriate for your level. The Level 16-21 guy is Synapse, in Skyway City. Minimum # of team members is 4. And my White-Russian happens to be looking for an opportunity to take on that TF soon..
Old 03-04-2005, 09:01 AM
Charter Member

Booster Gold....excuse me, Blue Genesis is also interested in that task force (and a working 'h' key). If I'm not mistaken, 15 is the low level for that and BG is 15.

For those not in the know, BG is a Inv/EM tank.
Old 03-04-2005, 09:02 AM

Two weeks. Not that I am counting the days or anything.
Old 03-04-2005, 09:10 AM

That's right.. 15. Sorry. So now we've got three for it, tentatively for Sunday.. It's a long one. Be prepared to spend at least three hours on it.
Old 03-04-2005, 09:37 AM

I wouldn't mind bringing Bride of Ash along. She's a level 18 fire/fire tank.

I love the Synapse TF, in fact, I'd say that the only thing better than Synapse is Hess .

Do we have a time? And what's the minimum number for Synapse, IIRC 4?
Old 03-04-2005, 10:04 AM
Charter Member

Your joke eluded me. I'm guessing Beantown has gas stations that go by the name 'Synapse'.

3 tanks for the task force. What are we going to do, keep taunting them off of one another?
"I want to hit Blue Genesis"
"No, now I want to hit White-Russian"
"Wait, Bride of Ash I really want to hit"
"Blue Genesis again"
Old 03-04-2005, 10:21 AM

No joke, really. I just loved the Hess TF. If you haven't done, get someone to EX you into it, as it is the coolest thing in the game.

With three tanks, how do we kill the AV and the monster? That's my only worry, as I don't think my unslotted burn will be able to do enough damage.
Old 03-04-2005, 10:34 AM
Charter Member

Jingo Belle is a MA/SR scrapper, and we all know how effective they are *cough*Jim Beam*cough*. Our only job is to make sure she doesn't get hit.

Just kidding you, Jingo, although if you start calling yourself JB we are going to have to throw down. Already have one other chump claiming to be JB (that's right Justice Blues, I'm talking about you), but there is only one true Jim Beam.
Old 03-04-2005, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Odds
Jingo Belle is a MA/SR scrapper, and we all know how effective they are *cough*Jim Beam*cough*. Our only job is to make sure she doesn't get hit.
Hey, whattya mean? Belle can take a lot of hits! My biggest problem is I burn up endurance at an obscene rate and run out at the most inconvenient times, even though I've triple-enhanced the endurance on every one of my powers. When I reach level 18 I'm going to open the Fitness pool power set with an eye toward the endurance preservation power (I forget what it's actually called) -- but I won't be able to get that until level 22. In the meantime, do you think it would work if I just emptied out ALL of my enhancements slots and filled them with nothing but endurance enhancements? Or would that be a waste?

I'm sure we can get some other archetypes for the TF easily enough. I'll put out the word to my SG.

I should be on around 10:30 AM (EST) on Sunday. What time should we hook up?
Old 03-04-2005, 11:02 AM

*Must not create toon named JB*

Ah. Good. Now we just need a time. I don't want to hear about anything before noon EST, but something like 1 or 2 in the afternoon works for me.

Stamina is the endurance power. And nearly everyone takes it by 22.
Old 03-04-2005, 11:03 AM

I'm sure we might manage to pick up a random or two if we get it started. Defender, Controller, something.

Clock King isn't as tough as he used to be, I noticed. Babbage was harder than the King, and it used to be vice versa.

I'd love to do the Hess TF, but unfortunately, can't spend the time grooming Striga contacts if I want to keep up with my normal ones..

WR is 19 right now, I might be able to push him to 20 by Sunday..
Old 03-04-2005, 11:27 AM
Charter Member

I've been where you are, Nordic/Jingo, and I have the bruises to prove it!

Compared to a tank (let alone 3 of them), you can't take a hit. Compared to everyone else, you can.

By all means, get Stamina. Don't delay. You would have been better off putting off another attack until Stamina. And you need to slot it ASAP, at level 23 and 25, to the exclusion of other powers. At levels 22 and 23, ask one of your SG mates or me to get you the Endurance Recovery SO for it. (Only contacts sell it; you won't be able to buy it until later).

At that level, I had one Endurance Reduction DO in every toggle power. It was tough. I would often leave off my ranged toggle and pray. I didn't get Agile until later; I believe you already have it. Only use Focused Senses if fighting lots of ranged foes. Don't horde inspirations. The tray fills up quickly. And remember what I said: Turn off Sprint, or any other movement power (to include Combat Jump). Hopefully, you've upgraded to all DOs; if not, I can help there too (influence past 32 is a joke).

Hopefully, you have gotten Practiced Brawler, the only thing more important for you at this stage of the game than Stamina.

The plus side to the next few levels is that you will be getting powers you will have no use slotting (whichever 2 of Sprint/Hurdle/Health that you get), so you'll have slots for existing powers.

SR is more about luck and odds than any other defensive powerset. It's one advantage is that it defends against EVERYTHING (somewhat) equally. When you get Lucky and Evasion, there is no attack that you are not defended against. You laugh at Psionics and Toxic as much as Lethal and Smashing.

If this works, you'll have three tanks. A scrapper adventuring with tanks has to take a different approach from the normal jump-in-first-and-hope-one-doesn't-die. Tanks aren't doing great damage; that's your job. But no one will be swinging at you. You should be able to fight with no toggles once we start to gel.
Old 03-04-2005, 12:26 PM

I appreciate the advice, D_Odds, but I'm afraid I'm a little lost.

By "slotting," do you mean adding enhancement slots to a power? And I have no idea what SO, DO and SR mean. I hate to be a pain, but could you enlighten me?

Afraid I don't have Practiced Brawler yet.
Old 03-04-2005, 12:33 PM

Quote:
I appreciate the advice, D_Odds, but I'm afraid I'm a little lost.

By "slotting," do you mean adding enhancement slots to a power? And I have no idea what SO, DO and SR mean. I hate to be a pain, but could you enlighten me?

Afraid I don't have Practiced Brawler yet.
That's what he means. SO - Single-Origin Enhancement; DO - Dual-Origin Enhancement; SR - Super Reflexes.

Practiced Brawler is almost essential. I recommend it highly.
Old 03-04-2005, 12:38 PM

Nordic,

Its worth going to the CoH boards and doing some character research. Missteps early on can gimp a character and make it near impossible to play (my fire/fire tank needs to be respec'd in a bad way - she isn't a good tank, and she doesn't do enough damage. And she got powers willy nilly so I have the wrong powers at the wrong levels - no good travel power til 16 and then SuperJump which I turned out to HATE. But she was my first. And at least I didn't slot brawl). There are some good "builds" out there.
Old 03-04-2005, 01:41 PM

Okay, going by memory 'cause I'm at work, my current powers are:

MA: Storm Kick, Thunder Kick, Cobra Strike, Crane Kick, and whatever the power is called that boosts my damage and accuracy temporarily.

SR: Focused Fighting, Focused Senses, Agility.

Pool: Hover, Fly. (These I don't regret -- first priority was being able to get around without getting killed).

I hope I haven't screwed myself. Unfortunately I can't respec her.

So if I'm understanding correctly, at 18 and 20 I should get the first two Fitness powers so I can get Stamina at 22; I don't need to slot the first two, but I should slot the hell out of Stamina once I get it, and get the SO endurance recovery enhancement.

After that, I need Practiced Brawler, then Luck and Evasion.

No additional offensive powers until much later, if ever.

Sound like a plan?

I have gotten in the habit of turning off my Sprint in combat, and I've also learned I don't always need my Focused Fighting/Senses, especially when working with tanks.
Old 03-04-2005, 01:52 PM

Well, I'm not nearly so expert as some of our other Doper Heroes, but personally?

I'd go : Practiced Brawler; Swift; Health; Stamina.
Old 03-04-2005, 02:09 PM

I'll bow to any wisdom superior to my own. What I was doing before was just alternately adding offensive and defensive powers as I leveled up (plus Hover and Fly when I could), thinking I'd be pretty well covered that way. But the endurance drain has gotten to be a real problem.
Old 03-04-2005, 02:48 PM

I'm not a scrapper, so I really can't help you on that, but D_Odds knows the MA/SR quite well, so go with his advice.

The offical CoH boards are a great resource, so is the new hero planner.
Old 03-04-2005, 02:55 PM

I play on the Virtue server, if anyone would like to team up my characters range from 10-38. Usually on Fallout Girl (38 radiation/radiation defender).
Old 03-04-2005, 02:57 PM
Charter Member

I'm going to agree with CandidGamera, except I'd go PB / Swift / Hurdle / Stamina. You will be seeing more and more villians whose mezzes (mezmering attacks, which turn off toggles) will kill you, starting now. Practiced Brawler is the best mez protection in the game, better than any other scrapper or tank protection. With two SOs, you should have it up 24/7 (set it to auto).

You can respec at 24, which is when you will probably be right where you want to be. It will, however, allow you to move things around, get Stamina earlier, and have it slotted by 24. A common strategy for many (not me, though) is to earn the respec, then to copy the character onto the test server in order to test powers and builds. You can also scope out your build ahead of time with a Hero Planner. You can find one at http://coh.stratics.com/

Endurance Management
You are at the toughest time in your career, endurance-wise. It gets a lot better. I was lucky to adventure often with Volt Valkyrie, who greatly helped my endurance recovery. Befriend a kinetics or radiation defender! Until you get your defenses highly slotted, you should never leave your house without a defender or two in tow. OK, so that's an exaggeration, but not by much

I kept one Reduce Endurance in all my toggles, and none in attacks. I didn't have agile, yet I would still be selective about when to run Focused Senses. At the lower levels, most ranged attacks are weak. You may be able to survive with just Agile. That will change, and you are better off slotting toggles defenses before passive defenses. Even with 5-slotted Stamina, I still don't use Evasion unless I know I'm facing lots of AoE attacks. Lucky is the one passive I'll slot ahead of the toggle, as I only use the toggle situationally. And remember what I mentioned before about Sprint. Every little bit helps.

For offensive powers, if I were you, I would get Dragon's Tail ("DT"). I have never heard anyone say a nice thing about Crippling Axe Kick. Not a single person. Stay away from it. I, personally, didn't like Eagle's Claw ("EC"), and dropped it when I did my last respec. However, others like EC coupled with Cobra Strike for stunning bosses. If you go this route, I would put a Disorient Duration as my last slot. I have Thunder Kick, Storm Kick and Crane Kick - same attack chain from when I was level 12 (only faster with Hasten). I only use DT when I have 3 or more foes in range. It does excellent knockdown, which means the foe will lose at least one attack against you.

For defensive powers, they are all good. I'd put Evasion at the bottom of the list; it is what I got when I dropped Eagle's Claw. Lots of SR and Regen scrappers take the Fighting power pool to get Tough. They say that the damage resistance greatly helps against alpha-strikes (the big, bad, first attack many bosses and AVs like to use). I'm not one of them, but that doesn't make it a bad strategy.

Note, most of these ideas (except for Praticed Brawler) are my opinion. You want to play a character that's fun for you, not a carbon copy of every other MA/SR scrapper on the server.
Old 03-04-2005, 09:03 PM

Couple pieces of general advice on building City of Heroes characters...

As Dangerosa mentioned, doing some research on the CoH boards (in the Guides section under each of the Archetypes in particular) can be a huge help. That said, here's some tactics in building that I find useful.

The first 12 powers you take (through level 20) are critical. Most of you already know this, but for reference:

Level 1: 2 powers (first or second from Primary, first from Secondary)
Level 2: 1 power (from either Primary or Secondary
Level 3: 2 slots
Level 4: 1 power (from either Primary or Secondary)
Level 5: 2 slots
Level 6: 1 from Primary, Secondary or a Pool
Odd levels going forward get 2 slots, even levels get a power.
(Until level 31, when you get 3 slots instead of two, and past 30 you get powers every 3rd level -- but worry about that later.)

The first 4 powers you take are pretty tightly determined. Then, bBetween 6 and 20, you have 8 choices to make, and 5 of them are probably predetermined.

Why?

First, because you probably want Stamina at 20. It's a really, really helpful power, and almost every build you will read about features it. To get Stamina at 20, you need to take 2 other powers from the Fitness pool. I recommend Hurdle, because vertical is nice with any power. The second choice is pretty build-dependent -- those with healing power can probably skip Health, while those taking Super Speed probably don't need Swift.

Second, you want a travel power. I'm partial to Super Speed, because the Speed pool gives you Hasten, which is just as useful as Stamina, but whatever travel power you take (at 14, when it becomes available) requires that you take one other power from its pool first.

So of the 8 choices, 5 are
- Swift (or Hurdle)
- Health (or Hurdle or Swift)
- Stamina at 20
- Hasten (or Recall Friend, or Combat Jumping, or Hover)
- Superspeed at 14 (or Teleport, or Superleap, or Fly)

Sequencing these is important. As Nordic is finding out, realizing at level 18 that you are going to need Stamina and you don't have anything in Fitness yet means that your next 3 power choices are predetermined, which sucks, because some cool powers are starting to open up at that point and you're not getting them. It also means that you're waiting hours of playtime to get a power that is instrumental to your success.

I lived this pain with Super-Collider. Learn from my mistake.

The moral of the story...

Think ahead in building your character. The first 10 levels or so come fast, and making good power choices can make you really happy later on. Going without another attack at level 8 in order to get Hurdle so you can take a cool power from your primary at 18 and still get Stamina will make you very happy.
Old 03-05-2005, 07:16 AM

Great advice, folks, thanks a lot. I wish I had known this before, but I suppose it's my own fault for not checking the website. I'm not a patient type; I don't want to do research, I want to play. I honestly did not anticipate the endurance being such a problem, since it wasn't at the lower levels. The only other character I've gotten this high is a blaster, and I don't recall endurance drain being a big factor with him either. I figured it was a peculiarity of scrappers, sort of a trade-off because they can take hits so much better.

Oh well, lesson learned. With the current plan I'll be in good shape by 24 so I won't need to respec, right?

How do you set Practiced Brawler to auto?

And what time are we hooking up on Sunday? Anything works for me, though I'd prefer not to start too late in the day.

Corii, feel free to send a /tell to Jingo Belle. She's too low to team up with you (unless you want to sidekick her) but you can certainly say hi.
Old 03-05-2005, 03:22 PM
Not a real doctor.
Charter Member

One advantage a MA scrapper has over some of the others is you can use the Air Superiority attack without intervening animation. (one slot - Accuracy) Not much damage, but it will knock down any foe whether or not they are airborn. That also opens the way for flight, which is my favorite travel power. It's not very fast, but it's safe, and has total vertical control.
Old 03-05-2005, 11:48 PM
Charter Member

How in the hell did I get mixed up with two incompetent team leaders in one night?
Old 03-06-2005, 09:53 AM
Not a real doctor.
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lute Skywatcher
How in the hell did I get mixed up with two incompetent team leaders in one night?
Just a guess: Accepting a blind invite?
Old 03-06-2005, 12:03 PM

A good hint - incompetent team leader turns into "gee, I hear my kids calling. I need to go." If you don't have kids (or young kids) ferrets will do. Basically, you need a CoH equivelent of "I need to wash my hair that night."
Old 03-06-2005, 06:10 PM

Or you can just pretend you have kids. Or that you're transgendered... wait, that's been done.
Old 03-07-2005, 07:47 AM

The person who recruits the team doesn't have to call the shots. I'm no master strategist, but I frequently have to admonish people not to rush blindly into gaggles of bad guys. If they don't listen, and I get killed repeatedly as a result, I'm outta there.

The Synapse Task Force yesterday was a smashing success. It was my Jingo Belle, CandidGamera's White-Russian, Redwing's Bride of Ash, and a charcter whose name I can't recall (I wrote it down, but I'm at work -- the only time I'm on the Dope ) belonging to, if I'm not mistaken, Pleonast. We also had a few additional members we managed to pick up. In total we had, IIRC, 3 Tankers, 2 Scrappers and 2 Controllers. No Blasters, no Defenders. But we still kicked butt and suffered no casualties, thanks to good rapport and teamwork. Call on me any time, guys.

By the time it was over I had reached level 21. I went on to get my second costume, plus a cape for each costume. And I now have Practiced Brawler and Swift.
Old 03-07-2005, 08:48 AM
Charter Member

Dangerosa, how about, as an excuse, daughter's motherboard gave up the ghost and she needed to do her homework on my computer?

Oh, wait, that's the truth.

Nordic, any time you see ERG-4 on, send a tell or even just an invite. Scrappers love defenders, and ERG-4 needs help completing his missions. Lots of help. If I know you are along, I'll raise my mission difficulty a little, the better to get you leveled quickly. Alternately, you can sidekick to my MA/SR scrapper, Jim Beam, and we can street sweep in Brickstown and you can see the unbridled joy that MA/SR becomes. Plus, I can help you switch to SOs when you ding level 22.

Also, I think I have a couple of large team missions waiting in ERG-1's queue, for a time when we have a number of people online.

There's a new Hero Planner. Very nice for planning respecs and future development. It will also tell you the effects of many enhancements in their slots, so you know how much damage you are doing or what your defense really is.
Old 03-07-2005, 09:04 AM

I'll second D_Odds's request for Scrapper aid - Shadow Stranger always needs someone to do the dirty work for him. I've come to the conclusion that the ForceField Defender is the most unsoloable AT I've ever played.
Old 03-07-2005, 10:10 AM
Not a real doctor.
Charter Member

Lute, as it turns out, there were no Vamps on my mission last night, so mez resistance would not have mattered a whit.

On a related note: Master Electric should have his last mission on the "Rise of the Vampyri" story arc tonight. Any takers? If we can find a defender or two, then they should be able to cover for a lack of mez resistance.
Old 03-07-2005, 11:10 AM

Brainiac4 and I have a new team going - his fire/rad controller, my fire/devices blaster. Once again, finding a combination that addresses the weaknesses in the other's choices. We originally tried the fire/devices blaster with a tank, this works better.

(D_Odds, caught you on the ferret, tried to get you on slotting brawl, but you didn't take the bait).

(I have a fortune teller mission if anyone is interested. Don't know when I'll play it).
Old 03-07-2005, 11:16 AM
Charter Member

I should remember to check this thread more often. So Jingo Belle is a Doper. I didn't realize. Yes, I was playing Kitsune-hime my Oriental Mythos alt. Nordic, you'll quickly realize it's the players, not the characters that make the difference in a team's success or failure. The archetypes are well enough balanced that almost any team is viable if the players are flexible and work together.

I should add you to my global friends list. Do you know about global chat yet? It makes it very easy to find your friends in-game, no matter which character they're using. My main characters are Volt Valkyrie (lvl 30 Defender, Kinetics/Electricity), Eye of Maya (lvl 24 Controller, Illusion/Kinetics), and Kitsune-hime (lvl 29 Scrapper, Claws/Regen). I'm always happy to team up, and I'll switch characters and SK/RSK if needed.
Old 03-07-2005, 11:43 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerosa
Brainiac4 and I have a new team going - his fire/rad controller, my fire/devices blaster. Once again, finding a combination that addresses the weaknesses in the other's choices. We originally tried the fire/devices blaster with a tank, this works better.

(D_Odds, caught you on the ferret, tried to get you on slotting brawl, but you didn't take the bait).

(I have a fortune teller mission if anyone is interested. Don't know when I'll play it).
Well, Ms. D_Odds started up an Elec/Elec blaster (level 3) and I have a Fire/Kin controller (level 6). That would be some foursome. She's not used to moving around in these games yet, though.

I missed the slotted brawl. Either that, or I conveniently forgot that I had done so, only to have you come along and reopen my repressed memories! Bad Dangerosa!

Maus, look for me. I'll either bring on ERG-4 (healing, AM to shorten mez periods, debuffing so nothing hits us and we hit everything), or you can SK Blue Genesis (stand around and get hit, repeatedly).
Old 03-07-2005, 12:19 PM
Not a real doctor.
Charter Member

Quote:
Well, Ms. D_Odds started up an Elec/Elec blaster (level 3) and I have a Fire/Kin controller (level 6). That would be some foursome. She's not used to moving around in these games yet, though.
I'm still trying to talk Mrs. Magill into opening an account. One day... one day...

Regarding the Elec/Elec build. Most of the secondary powers... well they suck. In fact, I respec'd out of all of them except Electric Fence (couldn't avoid it) and Build up.

Quote:
I missed the slotted brawl. Either that, or I conveniently forgot that I had done so, only to have you come along and reopen my repressed memories! Bad Dangerosa!
Dear Og, I thought that was a joke. You really didn't, did you?

Quote:
Maus, look for me. I'll either bring on ERG-4 (healing, AM to shorten mez periods, debuffing so nothing hits us and we hit everything), or you can SK Blue Genesis (stand around and get hit, repeatedly).
Mmm... Nazis weak as kittens. I'm happy to bring along whomever you have on at the time. Actually, it might be fair to bring Blue Genesis, since Soren Surt stole his place last week.
Old 03-07-2005, 12:33 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maus Magill
Dear Og, I thought that was a joke. You really didn't, did you?
Jim Beam, level 3, wanted more in his second attack power. Was that way until level 24.

Before I read the official boards, I thought you could only slot one of each type of enhancement in a power. So if you could only slot Reduce Endurance and Increase Defence, you only could have 2 slots in a power.

Thank the great and terrible Og for respecs.
Old 03-07-2005, 12:37 PM
Charter Member

Don't feel bad D_Odds, I did the same thing on my first alt. Well actually on my first character, JB is my first alt, who quickly became my main. I only recently went back to that character and used the free respec to do some changes. He is a much better character now.

Lok
Old 03-07-2005, 12:38 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Just a guess: Accepting a blind invite?
Nothing new there. Guess the odds finally caught up with me.

Just needed to vent a bit. People who don't know anything about teamwork shouldn't be forming teams. The second one must have been a teenager, judging from the use of "excreeeam" or some such in place of "extreme". That was the worst! I was playing my dark empath (Night's Ward); first the group gets too split up then after regrouping they aggro too many trolls. When your only healer says "Run!", you need to turn around and haul ass!

The first one was okay save for the scrapper who sent the invite. It was his mission and wanted to do everything himself even though we had a perfectly capable tank. Might as well solo if you're going to do that.
Old 03-07-2005, 12:46 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Defence
Defense

Scrapper probably just wanted a harder mission. I've done that a few times, but only with SG mates. Grab 2-3 teammates, enter mission, disband. In the late 20s/early 30s, scrappers have an "I win" button, so it's not too dangerous.
Old 03-07-2005, 12:48 PM
Charter Member

Oh, and that kid with the second team? He kept wanting to do all the pulls with is fire rain - until I pointed out that all he was doing was getting himself killed. I had resurrected him three times at that point.
Old 03-07-2005, 12:52 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
On a related note: Master Electric should have his last mission on the "Rise of the Vampyri" story arc tonight. Any takers? If we can find a defender or two, then they should be able to cover for a lack of mez resistance.
I'm probably working to late to help out. Night's Ward doesn't have Clear Mind yet, anyway.
Old 03-07-2005, 01:12 PM

Now that the global chat is here and my Pinnacle friends can find me anywhere, I'm thinking of making a character on Virtue.

I've already played just about every kind of character I wanted to try, though I haven't got them all, you know, into the 30s and 40s. What I'd like to try now is to start up characters in some kind of inter-working group, five or so players coordinating their archetypes to work extremely well together.

Anybody out on Virtue have any slots left to start someone new? Anybody not on Virtue want to throw in with me?

And lastly, just for the sake of discussion, what would be a fun group of five to get together, designed to operate smoothly as a team?

I figured it'd go like this:
Bla: Ice/Ice
Con: Earth/Empathy
Def: FF/Psychic
Scr: Dark Melee/Invul
Tan: Fire/Axe

This team would have plenty of power to hold and lock down bad guys. It'd have every damage type except toxic. The defender and controller can protect each other pretty darn well. The Force Fields fill in the defensive holes of the Fire tank and the Regen scrapper. The only disadvantage I can see is that the team only gets one sniper, and it's the defender.

If you wanted a chaotic set where every foe was getting knocked down and all around, it'd probably look like:
Bla: Energy/Ice
Con: Illusion/Storm
Def: FF/Energy
Scr: Martial Arts/Regen
Tan: Ice/Axe

Dunno how well that would work. It seems light on healing.

Anyway, I'm just tossing stuff out. I'm not sure what I want to make on Virtue yet, but I'm sort of kicking the idea around.
Old 03-07-2005, 01:15 PM

Pleonast -- yes, I'm on the Global Chat as Nordic, usually in the CECIL channel. But you can talk to me regardless of channel, right? I'm still not clear on how that whole thing works...

D_Odds, I already have all of your alts in my Friends list, so I'll check in with you whenever I see you. I'll add everyone else's characters too.

Lute Skywatcher, was that you I talked to the other day in the Hollows?

Maus, what time are you planning on doing your mission tonight?
Old 03-07-2005, 01:18 PM

D_Odds, we'd love to set up a playdate with you and the Ms_Odds.

Maus, Eliza can be around, but I have class until 8 something central and I know you pack it in early. Give me or Brainac4 a yell if you need help (@Dangerosa).
Old 03-07-2005, 01:20 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maus
What level is ME--can VV help? I have Increase Density which I believe protects against all mez powers except Sleep.

Working through the Striga missions with Kit, I didn't realize Vampyrs had mez capability until I teamed with some others and saw them get mezzed. It's funny how different powersets can change your perception of the game. It really is a different game for different archetypes/powersets.
Old 03-07-2005, 01:20 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Lute Skywatcher, was that you I talked to the other day in the Hollows?
Indeed it was. I like greeting fellow Dopers with that "all hail" bit.
Old 03-07-2005, 01:21 PM
Charter Member

Nordic, if you add someone to your Global Friends list, you can see them and send tells no matter what alt they are on. That save you space on your regular Friends list.

Lok