Old 03-12-2019, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clawdio View Post
Full disclosure: I'm a Steelers fan.

I think it could've been an incredibly prudent move if they were able to trade away Antonio for a 1st round pick. To be clear, i loved watching AB, and would've preferred that he remained a productive member of the Steelers, but he is at an age where WRs start to decline and there's obviously some kind of locker room issue, so getting back a 1st round pick would've a decent way to move forward. Getting only 3rd and 5th round picks is pretty meh. The best i can say now is at least the Le'Veon/AB circus is over now and we can just move forward.

I'm still unclear on whether 2019 is salary cap hell for the Steelers. Reportedly, they will have the most dead money in history (~$20M) for Brown, but i still don't understand if they get additional cap space in 2019 because Bell never signed the franchise tag in 2018 (or if that "cap space" is just gone).
They're keeping Shazier on the roster and paying him his full salary for 2019. Pretty classy.
Old 03-12-2019, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoieGrasIsEvil View Post
They're keeping Shazier on the roster and paying him his full salary for 2019. Pretty classy.
The Seahawks did that for Kam Chancellor as well, after he had a neck injury that ended his career (doctors say if he plays there’s a good chance it would paralyze him). But in Kam’s case, his contract is such that cutting him saves no money; it’s guaranteed.
https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/...act-situation/

But there doesn’t seem to be any resentment. He’s on the sideline for games, he gives encouragement and advice. He works out with them. He’s still part of the team (and on the roster) even though he’ll never take the field.

I like when players and teams have good relationships like that.
Old 03-12-2019, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atamasama View Post
The Seahawks did that for Kam Chancellor as well, after he had a neck injury that ended his career (doctors say if he plays there’s a good chance it would paralyze him). But in Kam’s case, his contract is such that cutting him saves no money; it’s guaranteed.
https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/...act-situation/

But there doesn’t seem to be any resentment. He’s on the sideline for games, he gives encouragement and advice. He works out with them. He’s still part of the team (and on the roster) even though he’ll never take the field.

I do too...even if it is the Steelers.
Old 03-12-2019, 02:22 PM

Bears are getting ready to something, restructuring Mack's salary into a signing bonus. No reason to do that unless you want to spend that money now. They're rumored to be going after Bell, but I'm not sure how I feel about that.
Old 03-12-2019, 02:25 PM
Corellian Nerfherder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atamasama View Post
Definitely so. Even though I'm a Packer fan, I really respect the Bears for what they did for tight end Zach Miller. Miller had suffered a dislocated knee during a game in 2017, which also tore an artery in his leg, nearly leading to amputation. He was looking at a lengthy rehab, with no guarantee that he would ever play again. Yet, the Bears signed him for 2018, giving him the salary, as well as access to medical care from the team.
Old 03-12-2019, 02:30 PM

I haven’t seen this reported on this thread yet:
Nick Foles makes bank with Jaguars
$88 million over 4 years with $50 million guaranteed. While he’s not awful, that’s a huge commitment for someone who’s just okay. He had one brilliant Super Bowl performance but that’s pretty much his one bright spot in a snooze of a career. Going to Jacksonville isn’t going to elevate him or anything. But the Jaguars are pretty used to losing so I think they’ll be okay.

Last edited by Atamasama; 03-12-2019 at 02:30 PM.
Old 03-12-2019, 03:52 PM

Cleveland's new starting D-line is Miles Garrett, Larry Ogunjobi, Sheldon Richardson, Olivier Vernon.

That's gonna put some hurt on people.
Old 03-12-2019, 05:03 PM
Corellian Nerfherder

The Packers, who were always very quiet in free agency when Ted Thompson was GM, announced four free agency signings today, which (by Packer standards) is huge:
- Edge rusher Za'Darius Smith, from the Ravens
- Edge rusher Preston Smith, from the Redskins
- Safety Adrian Amos, from the Bears
- Offensive lineman Billy Turner, from the Broncos
Old 03-12-2019, 05:04 PM

It is so weird. Being a Packer fan, I'm not accustomed to the Packers being movers in free agency, but this year, they've signed 4 free agents, all of whom are upgrades to what they had on their roster. The Packers are getting really close to the salary cap, but it is heartening to see them actually try to win now. I'm excited about ZaDarius Smith, but getting Amos away from the Bears could be fun. Interesting to see hae these work out.
Old 03-12-2019, 07:16 PM

Browns trade for Odell Beckham Jr.

MOTHERFUCKERS!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Old 03-12-2019, 07:39 PM

Trade is for the #17 pick, #95 pick, and Jabrill Peppers.

The Giants traded OBJ for another year of Eli Manning.

The Steelers have lost AB and Bell, the Ravens have lost significant chunks of their defense, and the Bengals are.

Cleveland Browns 2019 AFC North Champions.
Old 03-13-2019, 12:40 AM

Congrats to Beef for the pickup. The Twitterverse has a few clips of Cleveland-Fan running around, yelling into his phone, and otherwise acting really excited about the trade. I hope it works out for you guys, especially since the Texans don't play you this year.

FGIE, what do you think the Bengals are going to do about Michael Johnson hitting FA? The reason I ask is that I'm curious about possible landing spots for Jadaveon Clowney. I don't think the Texans will sign him, or to be more accurate, I don't think Clowney has any interest in playing for the franchise tag (and as a LB, not a rusher! How did that happen, when he played 80% of his snaps as a DE/edge rusher?!), and will probably hold out.

To forestall that, why not trade him to a team that was poor against the run (FO was pretty down on the Bengals in the run game, and Clowney is among the best in the NFL at stopping the run), has a bunch of cap space, runs a 4-3 defense, and has some decent draft picks upcoming? Of course, the same is true for the Raiders (Frostee Rucker is a FA, and is probably gone, being 35 and all).

EDIT: But trade Clowney to the Bengals, take pick #11 and a 3rd rounder, go draft Jonah Williams or DeAndre Baker with that pick, the other guy with the Texans 1st rounder, and call it a day.

Last edited by Gray Ghost; 03-13-2019 at 12:44 AM.
Old 03-13-2019, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorBeef View Post
Cleveland Browns 2019 AFC North Champions.
The Browns are an organization that has had few winning seasons for decades.

Yet next year, if they aren’t AFC North Champions it’s going to be a disappointment. They have a ridiculously talented roster going into the season.
Old 03-13-2019, 09:52 AM

I don't have any sort of animosity towards the Giants, but they sure are fucking up lately. Somehow they kept Eli to build around but got rid of OBJ. And it doesn't even feel like their intent is to tank this year to get a better QB next year, although I can't say that for sure.
Old 03-13-2019, 10:50 AM

Chiefs apparently getting rid of both of their pass rushers (Houston and Dee Ford) - the new DC is apparently cleaning house.
Old 03-13-2019, 10:57 AM

I think dumping OBJ for what you can get for him now is not a bad idea. Yeah he is damn talented, but for a guy who has a history of leg issues, and between the ears issues, with the way that contract was structured, I can guess that before the 2020 season will be a big drama hold-out.
Old 03-13-2019, 01:35 PM

Remember that scene from Shawshank where Andy crawls through the sewer pipe, breaks out a bar of soap and washes himself in the rain? That's a bit like what Brown's fans are feeling right now.

Now we have to finish cleaning up, get ready to head to the bank and look forward to a long top down drive where we hope we can cross that border we've dreamt about all these years.
Old 03-13-2019, 04:52 PM

Le'veon Bell to the Jets for 4 years, $52.5 million. Not as much as he was hoping for.
Old 03-13-2019, 08:41 PM

A colleague of mine was hoping Bell would sign with Indy. As a Colt fan, I'm kinda glad he didn't. The running game is enough that I don't think the benefit of adding him would have outweighed the price tag. I'd rather spend that money on defense and the O-line.
Old 03-13-2019, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superdude View Post
A colleague of mine was hoping Bell would sign with Indy. As a Colt fan, I'm kinda glad he didn't. The running game is enough that I don't think the benefit of adding him would have outweighed the price tag. I'd rather spend that money on defense and the O-line.
Yes, protect Luck for crying out loud!
Old 03-13-2019, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folacin View Post
Chiefs apparently getting rid of both of their pass rushers (Houston and Dee Ford) - the new DC is apparently cleaning house.
And have now released Eric Berry. It is sad but probably a good move - I don't think he is physically capable of doing the job anymore.
Old 03-13-2019, 10:33 PM

The Blake Bortles as a starter era is over. You'll remember where you were when this happened.
Old 03-13-2019, 10:37 PM

Eric Berry is a great talent and an even greater person from what I’ve seen and heard, but he’s only been able to play 3 games the past two years. It’s the right move.

If he isn’t picked up by another team I’m sure he’s going to have many opportunities outside of football.
Old 03-14-2019, 06:47 AM

Quote:
The Blake Bortles as a starter era is over. You'll remember where you were when this happened.
5 years. The Jags wasted 5 years with him, simply because they liked him enough to wayyyyyyy overdraft him. As a wise person once said in a discussion about the 2014 draft and potential busts: "Blake Bortles gets my early vote. Sure he's got great size and is tough to tackle, but I'm absolutely amazed that he's in the discussion as the #1 pick in the draft. His mechanics are sloppy, he's played well against shitty teams, but against good defenses, he's very hit or miss. He makes stupid throws way too often, lacks great accuracy, and seems to get confused by late changing defensive movement, something he'll see a lot of in the NFL.

Physically, he's what you want, but he's nowhere near ready to play in the NFL, and if a team drafts him early and starts him right away, I think he'll be a huge failure. He's a developmental player at best."

As an aside, guess who has a lower passer rating in the playoffs than Blake Bortles.

SPOILER:
Eli Manning. Bortles actually has a halfway respectable 91.0, while Eli is at 87.4
Old 03-14-2019, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlet View Post

As an aside, guess who has a lower passer rating in the playoffs than Blake Bortles.
And he hasn't won a playoff game since Obama's first term.

Last edited by Fleetwood; 03-14-2019 at 08:02 AM.
Old 03-14-2019, 03:23 PM

Quote:
It is so weird. Being a Packer fan, I'm not accustomed to the Packers being movers in free agency, but this year, they've signed 4 free agents, all of whom are upgrades to what they had on their roster. The Packers are getting really close to the salary cap, but it is heartening to see them actually try to win now. I'm excited about ZaDarius Smith, but getting Amos away from the Bears could be fun. Interesting to see hae these work out.
Safety swap time - Bears sign Ha Ha Clinton Dix to a one year prove it deal.
Old 03-14-2019, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enalzi View Post
Or maybe the Bears and Packers did a ... wait for it ... Safety Dance.

Thank You. Thank You. You're a great audience. Don't forget to tip your waitresses.
Old 03-14-2019, 03:35 PM
Corellian Nerfherder

Quote:
Pretty much, though the Packers had actually traded Clinton-Dix to Washington halfway through last season.
Old 03-14-2019, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Or maybe the Bears and Packers did a ... wait for it ... Safety Dance.

Thank You. Thank You. You're a great audience. Don't forget to tip your waitresses.
You know, sometimes due to peculiar happenstance you may not get the reception you expect. When Darren Sharper played for the Packers he would appear on the morning radio show of a Milwaukee area rock station and that song was always his intro music. I've never even been a Packer fan and for me hearing that song has never quite been the same since he got into trouble. I'll bet quite a few Packer fans wouldn't dig that line like they would have years ago. They don't miss Ha-Ha much though.

Last edited by Covfefe; 03-14-2019 at 03:51 PM.
Old 03-14-2019, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Covfefe View Post
You know, sometimes due to peculiar happenstance you may not get the reception you expect. When Darren Sharper played for the Packers he would appear on the morning radio show of a Milwaukee area rock station and that song was always his intro music. I've never even been a Packer fan and for me hearing that song has never quite been the same since he got into trouble. I'll bet quite a few Packer fans wouldn't dig that line like they would have years ago. They don't miss Ha-Ha much though.
Packer fans don’t dance and if they don’t dance then they’re no fans of mine.
Old 03-14-2019, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmine View Post
Pittsburgh just got rid of a big headache. The question to be answered is, has Oakland, soon-to-be-Vegas, just acquired one?

Did anyone read his latest comments?

Have fun, Raiders fans.
Old 03-14-2019, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinastasia View Post
Did anyone read his latest comments?

Have fun, Raiders fans.
From what I’ve heard, Gruden doesn’t cut much slack for his players.

Yeah, this is going to end well.
Old 03-15-2019, 05:38 AM
Charter Member

One assumes Gruden was at least consulted before the trade.
Old 03-16-2019, 10:00 AM

Didn't see a mention of this, and wasn't sure it was worth its own thread: Chiefs Tyreek Hill being investigated for a domestic battery that allegedly resulted in breaking his 3 y/o son's arm:

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/nf...mainstage_lead

Doesn't seem to bode well for the Chiefs upcoming season.
Old 03-18-2019, 12:44 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
I don't have any sort of animosity towards the Giants, but they sure are fucking up lately. Somehow they kept Eli to build around but got rid of OBJ. And it doesn't even feel like their intent is to tank this year to get a better QB next year, although I can't say that for sure.
One of Gettleman's first moves with the Panthers was to go big and sign 3 (!) running backs to massive contacts soaking up about 15% of his cap in one of the least valued position groups. I marked him as a moron forever more, so seeing him drive the Giants into the ground now is frankly hilarious.
Old 03-18-2019, 12:53 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
I'm preparing for this to be a massive downgrade for the Bears. Ha Ha was always one of my favorite punching bags and unless Pagano can work some DB coach magic with him, we're going to get a bit easier to pass on this year. Amos was great, but I hope the Bears let him go knowing that Fangio and Jackson covered a lot of his warts....if he's a Pro Bowler for the Packers I'm gonna be so pissed.

The meatballs on Reddit are talking up the Clinton-Dix - Jackson reunion as the second coming, maybe there's some benefit to these guys having history together. Unlikely though, talent is all that really matters and Ha Ha only got a 1-year prove-it deal for a reason.

This is the price of Mack.
Old 03-18-2019, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omniscient View Post
One of Gettleman's first moves with the Panthers was to go big and sign 3 (!) running backs to massive contacts soaking up about 15% of his cap in one of the least valued position groups. I marked him as a moron forever more, so seeing him drive the Giants into the ground now is frankly hilarious.
He's a changed man, though. His first move with the Giants was drafting Saq...

I'm still surprised by the Beckham trade, but aside from that I'm kind of liking his moves so far. Hopefully this new OL doesn't suck ass yet again.
Old 03-19-2019, 01:50 AM

Aaaaaand Vontaze Burfict is no longer a Bengal. Looks like I can feel pity for them again.
Old 03-19-2019, 10:51 AM

Interesting article here.

"The Raiders won an award from the analytics community for the Kahlil Mack trade"

"Well, everyone did not think it was a “terrible trade.” I defended the decision at the time, arguing that Khalil Mack (or any defensive player for that matter) was not worth multiple first-round picks AND the $23.5 million in average annual salary the Bears gave Mack after the trade."
Old 03-19-2019, 02:58 PM

Quote:

"The Raiders won an award from the analytics community for the Kahlil Mack trade"

"Well, everyone did not think it was a “terrible trade.” I defended the decision at the time, arguing that Khalil Mack (or any defensive player for that matter) was not worth multiple first-round picks AND the $23.5 million in average annual salary the Bears gave Mack after the trade."
I like that no one can seemingly decide how to spell Mack's first name. I saw at least two different spellings in the headline and article, and wouldn't swear there weren't three.

As to "value", who did the Raiders end up replacing Mack with, and how much did the Bears's defense improve with Mack. My recollection is 'not much", and 'a hell of a lot.' Transcendent players, if Mack is one, I would say are better than a collection of very good players, even if the overall summed value of the very good players is superior to the value of the one transcendent player. It's funny that it was Daryl Morey who was making the statements for the Sloan Conference about the Mack deal, as the preceding hypothesis of mine is even more true in basketball than football.

Omni, did the deal the Bears signed with Mack, significantly hamper other things they wanted to do as a team? I think you mentioned in this thread or another one, that the Bears had to let some guys go they'd rather have kept, mainly because they were hitting the cap?
Old 03-19-2019, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Ghost View Post
As to "value", who did the Raiders end up replacing Mack with
Some temporary scrub, I imagine. They got the Bears 1st round picks this year and next year out of the deal, so time will tell.
Old 03-19-2019, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Dee View Post
Some temporary scrub, I imagine. They got the Bears 1st round picks this year and next year out of the deal, so time will tell.
So at least the first part of my recollection was right.

As I see it, swapping Amos for Clinton-Dix saves 7.5 million this year. (Amos is making 21 over the next two, while Clinton-Dix is on a 3.5/1 year deal. My question is this, given per Spotrac today, the Bears still have 18.3 in cap space for the top 51, and 13.9 in cap space overall, after the Clinton-Dix signing, and that much room puts them about midway through the League in cap space, did the Bears really need to do this deal for cap reasons? Or are there still outstanding FAs that the Bears need to sign, and they need all the cap room they can get?

I'm still waiting for the Texans to realize that it'd be a good idea for them to start spending significantly on the line in FA. Or find a stud lineman via trade, I'm not picky. Watson got sacked 62 times. I'm surprised he lasted the season---car drives to avoid stressing collapsed lungs and all---and that he doesn't yet seem to have picked up a Gabbert-esque case of gunshyness.
Old 03-19-2019, 05:41 PM
Charter Member

Quote:

Quote:
I like that no one can seemingly decide how to spell Mack's first name. I saw at least two different spellings in the headline and article, and wouldn't swear there weren't three.

As to "value", who did the Raiders end up replacing Mack with, and how much did the Bears's defense improve with Mack. My recollection is 'not much", and 'a hell of a lot.' Transcendent players, if Mack is one, I would say are better than a collection of very good players, even if the overall summed value of the very good players is superior to the value of the one transcendent player. It's funny that it was Daryl Morey who was making the statements for the Sloan Conference about the Mack deal, as the preceding hypothesis of mine is even more true in basketball than football.

Omni, did the deal the Bears signed with Mack, significantly hamper other things they wanted to do as a team? I think you mentioned in this thread or another one, that the Bears had to let some guys go they'd rather have kept, mainly because they were hitting the cap?
Quote:
So at least the first part of my recollection was right.

As I see it, swapping Amos for Clinton-Dix saves 7.5 million this year. (Amos is making 21 over the next two, while Clinton-Dix is on a 3.5/1 year deal. My question is this, given per Spotrac today, the Bears still have 18.3 in cap space for the top 51, and 13.9 in cap space overall, after the Clinton-Dix signing, and that much room puts them about midway through the League in cap space, did the Bears really need to do this deal for cap reasons? Or are there still outstanding FAs that the Bears need to sign, and they need all the cap room they can get?

I'm still waiting for the Texans to realize that it'd be a good idea for them to start spending significantly on the line in FA. Or find a stud lineman via trade, I'm not picky. Watson got sacked 62 times. I'm surprised he lasted the season---car drives to avoid stressing collapsed lungs and all---and that he doesn't yet seem to have picked up a Gabbert-esque case of gunshyness.
Some thoughts.

Darryl Morey is a basketball guy living in a world where there is a soft cap and where high 1st round picks sometimes represent league altering players which can double or triple value to your franchise over the span of 10-15 years. The NFL doesn't really have LeBrons, Giannis', Duncans, Currys or Zions. Even the best QBs don't have that kind of impact, and in the NBA it is WAY less likely you'll find one of those guys outside the top 10, and usually not outside the top 2 or 3. In other words, consider the source.

Too many of these player-for-pick critiques fail to acknowledge that you're essentially accelerating one of your draft picks to have a near 100% certainty of having a GREAT player. The Bears gave up a future 1st rounder for Mack, a guy that would absolutely be the #1 overall pick if he were eligible this year. The Bears benefited from that deal in 2018, the Raiders got nothing in 2018. Time and opportunity cost matter.

Here's the way I filter the cost of that trade, in draft assets, for the Bears. The Bears effectively draft Mack 1 year early with the #1 overall pick in 2019. The Bears had the 24th pick in the 1st round, so what would it cost to trade up to #1? The Bears threw in a 2019 6th rounder, the 198th pick. They also did 2 pick swaps in 2020, a 1st for a 2nd (15 draft slots, maybe 10?) and a 3rd for a 5th (around a round and a half).

So for the following benefits:
  • Remove the uncertainly of drafting the 2019 24th overall player
  • Remove the time it takes to develop the 2019 24th overall player
  • Gain an extra full year of Mack at his peak

The Bears spent:
  • 2019 6th rounder
  • Move back 10-15 spots on day one in 2020
  • Move back 40-60 spots on day three in 2020

I'll make that deal every single day and twice on Sunday.

Now, the other factor here is salary cap cost. Mack is very, very expensive and the supposed draft pick they gave away would be a lot cheaper over the life of that contract. Totally valid concern. But it's all about opportunity cost. Here's what the Bears are thinking.

1) Mitch is starting year 2 of his rookie deal and will be cheap for the next 4 seasons. We're saving a ton of money at the QB position.
2) We don't have time to wait for our 2019 1st rounder to show up and to become good. By the time that happens Mitch will be up for a massive extension (or being jettisoned).
3) We'd LOVE to gobble up a FA EDGE on the open market that's as good as Mack, but there isn't one. There will never be one, you don't get players as good as Mack on the open market.

I think the results prove all this out. The Bears went from worst to first in the NFC North. They should have won a playoff game (fucking Parkey). Their defense went from good, top 12, to one of the very best in the last decade through the addition of Mack. I simply can't see how that's a bad deal, MAYBE you argue it's not a highway robbery, but the Bears got their money's worth.

Longer term, there will probably be trade offs.

This season we let Amos go due to a cap limitations, but we replaced him pretty cheap. Time will tell how big the drop off is. Maybe we let Amos go anyways, who knows. We also signed a handful of other guys who were a lot less important than Mack. If I had it to do all over again, I'd probably pass on Taylor Gabriel in order to keep Amos, but we'll see. Parkey is carrying a fair bit of dead money that could be going to Amos too.

In the coming years, I suspect that Leonard Floyd will probably be allowed to test the open market next season. Roquan Smith may end up making Danny Trevathan a luxury we can't afford. Kyle Long will probably be a cap casualty sooner or later. Worst case scenario we may be forced to choose between Mitch and Mack 3 years down the road.

I'd do it again without blinking.

Last edited by Omniscient; 03-19-2019 at 05:46 PM.
Old 03-19-2019, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chisquirrel View Post
Aaaaaand Vontaze Burfict is no longer a Bengal. Looks like I can feel pity for them again.
Aaaaaand Vontaze Burfict is a Raider. I'm a little surprised he was signed so quickly given that in addition to him being a concussion/suspension/penalty machine, he was super ineffective last season. Dude couldn't (or wouldn't) even tackle.

Maybe it was a ruse to get out of Cincinnati?
Old 03-19-2019, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omni
I'd do it again without blinking.
And this, in a nutshell, is why I love the Bears. Always chase the next big thing, nevermind the cost or the repercussions.

What struck me wasn't that the Bears went out and signed an amazing player to an overwhelming contract; or that they gave up the future to chase a win now stud. It was the fact they did both at the exact same time. Not only did they throw jaw dropping money at Mack, they also threw draft picks to get him. The Bears are like addicts; always chasing the next hot player(whether it be Cutler or Trubisky or Mack), and ignoring the cost.

Last edited by Hamlet; 03-19-2019 at 10:46 PM.
Old 03-19-2019, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoieGrasIsEvil View Post
Aaaaaand Vontaze Burfict is a Raider. I'm a little surprised he was signed so quickly given that in addition to him being a concussion/suspension/penalty machine, he was super ineffective last season. Dude couldn't (or wouldn't) even tackle.

Maybe it was a ruse to get out of Cincinnati?
That, or Jon Gruden is an idiot.

In Packers news, Randall Cobb just signed a one year contract with the Cowboys for $5 million. I do wish the best for him and hope he can find a way to stay healthy, but ugh, the Cowboys? It's like he traded in a LaFerrari for a Yugo as his quarterback.
Old 03-19-2019, 11:07 PM

Quote:
That, or Jon Gruden is an idiot.
This is my theory. They’re loading up the locker room with talented knuckleheads. That’s gonna be a powder keg.
Old 03-19-2019, 11:35 PM
Corellian Nerfherder

Quote:
In Packers news, Randall Cobb just signed a one year contract with the Cowboys for $5 million. I do wish the best for him and hope he can find a way to stay healthy, but ugh, the Cowboys? It's like he traded in a LaFerrari for a Yugo as his quarterback.
I'm very sad to see Cobb go; he's a classy guy, and a team player. He's fought injuries for the past several years, and I do think they've taken a toll on his productivity (plus, he missed almost half of last season).
Old 03-20-2019, 11:43 AM

I think it's funny and a little ironic that Antonio Brown and Vontaze Burfict are now on the same team, given what happened between them in the 2015 playoff game where Burfict concussed Brown on a cheap shot and cost the Bengals the game, at least in part...Jeremy Hill's fumble notwithstanding.
Old 03-20-2019, 12:16 PM
Charter Member

Nooo! Not Clay Matthews! -- sad to see Cobb go, but losing the Claymaker (even if he was more of a Clayunderperformer last season) still hurts.

Brian