Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #151  
Old 04-19-2019, 01:13 PM
divemaster's Avatar
divemaster is online now
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Gainesville, VA
Posts: 3,488
IQ: Do you have a cousin named Jethro Bodine?
  #152  
Old 04-19-2019, 05:21 PM
De La Rue is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elendil's Heir View Post
Dunno, dunno, and not... Eugenides?
Correct on Jeffrey Eugenides. 1 was Elwood Edwards; 2 was Eleven (from Stranger Things).


DQ: TV series created before 1975?

One DQ reserved.
  #153  
Old 04-19-2019, 07:13 PM
Knowed Out's Avatar
Knowed Out is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: North Kakkalakee
Posts: 14,168
IQ1: Are you Meathead's mother-in-law?
IQ2: Did Julia Louis-Dreyfus portray you in the 90s?
IQ3: Did Susan Lucci play you for over 40 years on All My Children?
  #154  
Old 04-20-2019, 12:12 AM
Elendil's Heir is online now
SDSAB
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: my Herkimer Battle Jitney
Posts: 82,837
I confess I've never taken the trouble to memorize all the Valar - and that's an honorific and not her actual name, SMV. But take a DQ just the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
IQ: Do you have a cousin named Jethro Bodine?
Dunno.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowed Out View Post
IQ1: Are you Meathead's mother-in-law?
IQ2: Did Julia Louis-Dreyfus portray you in the 90s?
IQ3: Did Susan Lucci play you for over 40 years on All My Children?
Not Edith Bunker, not Elaine Benes, and dunno.

E.

1. fictional
2. female
3. first name starts with E
4. by an American author or authors
5. not originally from a work of prose literature
6. not originally from film
7. character not geared toward children
8. created before 1990
9. not the main character
10. created after 1960
11. originally from TV
12. considered a "good girl"
13. "originally from TV" show not a Western
14. TV series created before 1975

Last edited by Elendil's Heir; 04-20-2019 at 12:14 AM.
  #155  
Old 04-20-2019, 08:59 AM
divemaster's Avatar
divemaster is online now
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Gainesville, VA
Posts: 3,488
Quote:
Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
IQ: Do you have a cousin named Jethro Bodine?
Quote:
Dunno.
That was Elly May Clampett

DQ4: Are you married?

DQ3: Still reserved.
  #156  
Old 04-20-2019, 02:22 PM
De La Rue is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 490
IQs:
1. Did you write Transmetropolitan, among other comics?
2. Did you write The Boys, among other comics?
3. Do you never get your mortal son-law's name correct?


DQ: from a show created before 1967?
  #157  
Old 04-20-2019, 02:38 PM
Elendil's Heir is online now
SDSAB
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: my Herkimer Battle Jitney
Posts: 82,837
Quote:
Originally Posted by De La Rue View Post
IQs:
1. Did you write Transmetropolitan, among other comics?
2. Did you write The Boys, among other comics?
3. Do you never get your mortal son-law's name correct?....
Dunno x3 (did you mean son-in-law?).

E.

1. fictional
2. female
3. first name starts with E
4. by an American author or authors
5. not originally from a work of prose literature
6. not originally from film
7. character not geared toward children
8. created before 1990
9. not the main character
10. created after 1960
11. originally from TV
12. considered a "good girl"
13. "originally from TV" show not a Western
14. TV series created before 1975
15. not married
16. from a show created before 1967
  #158  
Old 04-20-2019, 02:40 PM
Knowed Out's Avatar
Knowed Out is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: North Kakkalakee
Posts: 14,168
Quote:
IQ1: Are you Meathead's mother-in-law?
IQ2: Did Julia Louis-Dreyfus portray you in the 90s?
IQ3: Did Susan Lucci play you for over 40 years on All My Children?

Not Edith Bunker, not Elaine Benes, and dunno.
correct, correct, She's back on the street she's here for the night
Fills you with grief she cuts like a knife
Make you do things that no others could do
She turns a professor into a fool, Erika Kane!

DQ: From a sitcom?
  #159  
Old 04-20-2019, 05:30 PM
Prof. Pepperwinkle's Avatar
Prof. Pepperwinkle is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Chateau Pepperwinkle
Posts: 55,949
IQs:

1) Did you pal around with Ralph Kramden?
2) Are you red, have an annoying laugh, and hang around Sesame Street?
3) Were you Pandora's husband?
  #160  
Old 04-22-2019, 01:12 PM
Elendil's Heir is online now
SDSAB
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: my Herkimer Battle Jitney
Posts: 82,837
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof. Pepperwinkle View Post
IQs:

1) Did you pal around with Ralph Kramden?
2) Are you red, have an annoying laugh, and hang around Sesame Street?
3) Were you Pandora's husband?
Not Ed Norton, Elmo or... Ernest?

E.

1. fictional
2. female
3. first name starts with E
4. by an American author or authors
5. not originally from a work of prose literature
6. not originally from film
7. character not geared toward children
8. created before 1990
9. not the main character
10. created after 1960
11. originally from TV
12. considered a "good girl"
13. "originally from TV" show not a Western
14. TV series created before 1975
15. not married
16. from a show created before 1967
17. not from a sitcom
  #161  
Old 04-22-2019, 01:36 PM
Prof. Pepperwinkle's Avatar
Prof. Pepperwinkle is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Chateau Pepperwinkle
Posts: 55,949
Quote:
IQs:

1) Did you pal around with Ralph Kramden?
2) Are you red, have an annoying laugh, and hang around Sesame Street?
3) Were you Pandora's husband?
Not Ed Norton, Elmo or... Ernest?
Correct, Correct and #3 was Epimetheus.

DQ: Is the character middle-aged?
  #162  
Old 04-22-2019, 01:40 PM
Prof. Pepperwinkle's Avatar
Prof. Pepperwinkle is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Chateau Pepperwinkle
Posts: 55,949
IQs:

1) Did Suzanne Pleshette play you on The Bob Newhart Show?
2) Did Agnes Moorehead play you on Bewitched?
3) Did Diana Rigg play you on The Avengers?
  #163  
Old 04-22-2019, 04:17 PM
Slow Moving Vehicle's Avatar
Slow Moving Vehicle is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Posts: 3,676
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow Moving Vehicle View Post
IQ1 and 3 correct; IQ2 might be a moment for you, Aragorn: Elbererth Gilthoniel.

One DQ reserved.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elendil's Heir View Post
I confess I've never taken the trouble to memorize all the Valar - and that's an honorific and not her actual name, SMV. But take a DQ just the same.
Nah, I didn't realize that wasn't another name. I figured you'd get it, just because she's about the only Valar name-checked in LotR - the elves sing to her. But I won't take a DQ I didn't earn.
__________________
“It may help to understand human affairs to be clear that most of the great triumphs and tragedies of history are caused, not by people being fundamentally good or fundamentally bad, but by people being fundamentally people.”
― Neil Gaiman, Good Omens: The Nice and Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter, Witch
  #164  
Old 04-22-2019, 05:15 PM
Elendil's Heir is online now
SDSAB
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: my Herkimer Battle Jitney
Posts: 82,837
No, it's a way to refer to her. Go ahead and take a DQ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof. Pepperwinkle View Post
IQs:

1) Did Suzanne Pleshette play you on The Bob Newhart Show?
2) Did Agnes Moorehead play you on Bewitched?
3) Did Diana Rigg play you on The Avengers?
Not Ellen Newhart, Elmira, or Emma Peel.

E.

1. fictional
2. female
3. first name starts with E
4. by an American author or authors
5. not originally from a work of prose literature
6. not originally from film
7. character not geared toward children
8. created before 1990
9. not the main character
10. created after 1960
11. originally from TV
12. considered a "good girl"
13. "originally from TV" show not a Western
14. TV series created before 1975
15. not married
16. from a show created before 1967
17. not from a sitcom
18. character not middle-aged (YMMV)
  #165  
Old 04-22-2019, 07:40 PM
Prof. Pepperwinkle's Avatar
Prof. Pepperwinkle is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Chateau Pepperwinkle
Posts: 55,949
IQs:

1) Did Suzanne Pleshette play you on The Bob Newhart Show?
2) Did Agnes Moorehead play you on Bewitched?
3) Did Diana Rigg play you on The Avengers?
Not Ellen Newhart, Elmira, or Emma Peel.

#1 was Emily Hartley.
#2 was Endora.
Correct on Emma Peel.

2 DQs reserved.
  #166  
Old 04-23-2019, 07:10 AM
De La Rue is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elendil's Heir View Post
Dunno x3 (did you mean son-in-law?).
Yes.

1 (the writer of Transmetropolitan) is Warren Ellis; 2 (the writer of The Boys) is Garth Ennis; 3 (never gets her mortal son-in-law's name right) is Endora, from Bewitched.

IQs:
1. Were you a sideshow performer and film actor, born without the lower half of a torso, who appeared in the 1932 film Freaks?
2. Aside from your songwriting and composing career, did you provide the singing voice of Jack Skellington?
3. Are you the titular character of a Star Trek (the original series) episode whose name is a play on that of a woman in the Iliad?


DQ: from a mundane (not science fiction or fantasy) drama series?

Two DQs reserved.
  #167  
Old 04-23-2019, 07:21 AM
Knowed Out's Avatar
Knowed Out is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: North Kakkalakee
Posts: 14,168
I thought Emma Peel was it.

IQ1: Are you Lamont's bible-thumping aunt?
IQ2: Were you Winston Zeddemore in Ghostbusters?
IQ3: Is Dyna Girl your sidekick?
  #168  
Old 04-23-2019, 10:37 AM
Elendil's Heir is online now
SDSAB
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: my Herkimer Battle Jitney
Posts: 82,837
Quote:
Originally Posted by De La Rue View Post
...

IQs:
1. Were you a sideshow performer and film actor, born without the lower half of a torso, who appeared in the 1932 film Freaks?
2. Aside from your songwriting and composing career, did you provide the singing voice of Jack Skellington?
3. Are you the titular character of a Star Trek (the original series) episode whose name is a play on that of a woman in the Iliad?....
Dunno, not Danny Elfman, and not Elaan of Troyius.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowed Out View Post
...

IQ1: Are you Lamont's bible-thumping aunt?
IQ2: Were you Winston Zeddemore in Ghostbusters?
IQ3: Is Dyna Girl your sidekick?
Dunno, not Ernie Chambers, and not Electro Guy.

E.

1. fictional
2. female
3. first name starts with E
4. by an American author or authors
5. not originally from a work of prose literature
6. not originally from film
7. character not geared toward children
8. created before 1990
9. not the main character
10. created after 1960
11. originally from TV
12. considered a "good girl"
13. "originally from TV" show not a Western
14. TV series created before 1975
15. not married
16. from a show created before 1967
17. not from a sitcom
18. character not middle-aged (YMMV)
19. not from a mundane (not science fiction or fantasy) drama series
  #169  
Old 04-23-2019, 01:32 PM
Knowed Out's Avatar
Knowed Out is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: North Kakkalakee
Posts: 14,168
Quote:
IQ1: Are you Lamont's bible-thumping aunt?
IQ2: Were you Winston Zeddemore in Ghostbusters?
IQ3: Is Dyna Girl your sidekick?
Dunno, not Ernie Chambers, and not Electro Guy.
Esther, correct, Electra Woman

DQ: From a police/detective show?

holding a DQ
  #170  
Old 04-23-2019, 01:49 PM
Prof. Pepperwinkle's Avatar
Prof. Pepperwinkle is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Chateau Pepperwinkle
Posts: 55,949
IQ: Did Joan Collins play you on one episode of ST:TOS?
  #171  
Old 04-23-2019, 10:59 PM
Elendil's Heir is online now
SDSAB
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: my Herkimer Battle Jitney
Posts: 82,837
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof. Pepperwinkle View Post
IQ: Did Joan Collins play you on one episode of ST:TOS?
Dingdingding! Yes, I am

Edith Keeler

James T. Kirk's beautiful, idealistic but doomed true love, lost forever in the mists of history: https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Edith_Keeler

Well done, PP!
  #172  
Old 04-24-2019, 06:35 AM
Prof. Pepperwinkle's Avatar
Prof. Pepperwinkle is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Chateau Pepperwinkle
Posts: 55,949
And so on to F.
  #173  
Old 04-24-2019, 07:19 AM
Knowed Out's Avatar
Knowed Out is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: North Kakkalakee
Posts: 14,168
Nice job Prof!

IQ1: Are you QB for the Philadelphia Eagles?
IQ2: Are you the new head coach of the Denver Broncos?
IQ3: Are you head coach of the Indianapolis Colts?
  #174  
Old 04-24-2019, 08:34 AM
Slow Moving Vehicle's Avatar
Slow Moving Vehicle is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Posts: 3,676
IQ1: Did you play a sex addict opposite Carey Milligan in Shame?

IQ2: Are you bald, round, and able to cause a lightbulb to glow simply by putting it in your mouth?

IQ3: Did you play a pale blond villain who was sexy enough to inspire a trope name on TVTropes, “[Character] In Leather Pants?”
  #175  
Old 04-24-2019, 09:00 AM
Prof. Pepperwinkle's Avatar
Prof. Pepperwinkle is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Chateau Pepperwinkle
Posts: 55,949
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowed Out View Post
Nice job Prof!

IQ1: Are you QB for the Philadelphia Eagles?
IQ2: Are you the new head coach of the Denver Broncos?
IQ3: Are you head coach of the Indianapolis Colts?
#3. I am not Frank Reich.
Take 2 DQs.
  #176  
Old 04-24-2019, 09:01 AM
Prof. Pepperwinkle's Avatar
Prof. Pepperwinkle is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Chateau Pepperwinkle
Posts: 55,949
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow Moving Vehicle View Post
IQ1: Did you play a sex addict opposite Carey Milligan in Shame?

IQ2: Are you bald, round, and able to cause a lightbulb to glow simply by putting it in your mouth?

IQ3: Did you play a pale blond villain who was sexy enough to inspire a trope name on TVTropes, “[Character] In Leather Pants?”
#1. Take a DQ.
#2. I am not Uncle Fester.
#3. Take a DQ.
  #177  
Old 04-24-2019, 09:03 AM
Knowed Out's Avatar
Knowed Out is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: North Kakkalakee
Posts: 14,168
Quote:
IQ1: Are you QB for the Philadelphia Eagles?
IQ2: Are you the new head coach of the Denver Broncos?
IQ3: Are you head coach of the Indianapolis Colts?

#3. I am not Frank Reich.
Nic Foles, Vic Fangio, correct

DQ: Real?
DQ: Last name starts with F?
  #178  
Old 04-24-2019, 09:13 AM
Knowed Out's Avatar
Knowed Out is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: North Kakkalakee
Posts: 14,168
IQ1: Is one of your characters the sassy Geraldine?
IQ2: Are you a stand-up comedian famous for "You might be a redneck if..."?
IQ3: Are you a pro wrestler and stand-up comedian whose aliases include Mankind, Dude Love, and Cactus Jack Manson?
  #179  
Old 04-24-2019, 10:10 AM
Prof. Pepperwinkle's Avatar
Prof. Pepperwinkle is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Chateau Pepperwinkle
Posts: 55,949
DQs:

1) Real
2) Last name starts with F
  #180  
Old 04-24-2019, 10:11 AM
Prof. Pepperwinkle's Avatar
Prof. Pepperwinkle is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Chateau Pepperwinkle
Posts: 55,949
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowed Out View Post
IQ1: Is one of your characters the sassy Geraldine?
IQ2: Are you a stand-up comedian famous for "You might be a redneck if..."?
IQ3: Are you a pro wrestler and stand-up comedian whose aliases include Mankind, Dude Love, and Cactus Jack Manson?
1) I am not Flip Wilson?
2) I am not Jeff Foxworthy?
Take a DQ for #3.
  #181  
Old 04-24-2019, 10:18 AM
Elendil's Heir is online now
SDSAB
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: my Herkimer Battle Jitney
Posts: 82,837
IQs:

Did you command Hill Street Station?
Did you say you romanced older women "because they are so grateful"?
Did you see your son die in a horrible railroad accident not long before starting an important new job?
  #182  
Old 04-24-2019, 10:50 AM
De La Rue is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 490
Congrats, Prof.! I've seen "City on the Edge of Forever" but forgot what her first name was.

Belated IQ wrap-up: 1 (the actor in Freaks) was Johnny Eck.

IQs:
1. Were you a bongo-playing, lock-picking physicist who worked on the Manhattan Project?
2. Did you reportedly tell your director "George, you can type this shit, but you sure can’t say it”?
3. Are you played by Wendy Schaal on American Dad?
  #183  
Old 04-24-2019, 11:24 AM
Prof. Pepperwinkle's Avatar
Prof. Pepperwinkle is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Chateau Pepperwinkle
Posts: 55,949
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elendil's Heir View Post
IQs:

Did you command Hill Street Station?
Did you say you romanced older women "because they are so grateful"?
Did you see your son die in a horrible railroad accident not long before starting an important new job?
#2. I am not Benjamin Franklin.
Take 2 DQs for the others.
  #184  
Old 04-24-2019, 11:25 AM
Prof. Pepperwinkle's Avatar
Prof. Pepperwinkle is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Chateau Pepperwinkle
Posts: 55,949
Quote:
Originally Posted by De La Rue View Post
Congrats, Prof.! I've seen "City on the Edge of Forever" but forgot what her first name was.

Belated IQ wrap-up: 1 (the actor in Freaks) was Johnny Eck.

IQs:
1. Were you a bongo-playing, lock-picking physicist who worked on the Manhattan Project?
2. Did you reportedly tell your director "George, you can type this shit, but you sure can’t say it”?
3. Are you played by Wendy Schaal on American Dad?
1) I am not Richard Feynman.
2) I am not Harrison Ford (??)
Take a DQ for #3.
  #185  
Old 04-24-2019, 02:08 PM
Knowed Out's Avatar
Knowed Out is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: North Kakkalakee
Posts: 14,168
Quote:
IQ1: Is one of your characters the sassy Geraldine?
IQ2: Are you a stand-up comedian famous for "You might be a redneck if..."?
IQ3: Are you a pro wrestler and stand-up comedian whose aliases include Mankind, Dude Love, and Cactus Jack Manson?

1) I am not Flip Wilson?
2) I am not Jeff Foxworthy?
Take a DQ for #3.
correct, correct, Mick Foley

DQ: Alive?
  #186  
Old 04-24-2019, 02:14 PM
Knowed Out's Avatar
Knowed Out is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: North Kakkalakee
Posts: 14,168
IQ1: Were you one of the original Charlie's Angels?
IQ2: Did Abe Vigoda play you on Barney Miller?
IQ3: Did Montressor brick you up in "The Cask of Amontillado"?
  #187  
Old 04-24-2019, 03:00 PM
Prof. Pepperwinkle's Avatar
Prof. Pepperwinkle is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Chateau Pepperwinkle
Posts: 55,949
DQs:

1) Real
2) Last name starts with F
3) Dead
  #188  
Old 04-24-2019, 03:01 PM
Prof. Pepperwinkle's Avatar
Prof. Pepperwinkle is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Chateau Pepperwinkle
Posts: 55,949
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowed Out View Post
IQ1: Were you one of the original Charlie's Angels?
IQ2: Did Abe Vigoda play you on Barney Miller?
IQ3: Did Montressor brick you up in "The Cask of Amontillado"?
1) I am not Farrah Fawcett.
2) I am not Lt. Fish.
3) I am not Fortunato.
  #189  
Old 04-24-2019, 03:57 PM
Elendil's Heir is online now
SDSAB
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: my Herkimer Battle Jitney
Posts: 82,837
Previous IQs:

Did you command Hill Street Station? - Francis X. "Frank" Furillo, on Hill Street Blues
Did you say you romanced older women "because they are so grateful"? - Yes, Benjamin Franklin
Did you see your son die in a horrible railroad accident not long before starting an important new job? - Franklin Pierce, as President-elect

Frank[lin] x3!

DQs:

American?
Political/military?

IQs:

Did you create Downton Abbey?
Have you played three scheming politicians, two fictional and one real?
Was your middle name Glasgow?
  #190  
Old 04-24-2019, 04:30 PM
Slow Moving Vehicle's Avatar
Slow Moving Vehicle is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Posts: 3,676
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow Moving Vehicle View Post
IQ1: Did you play a sex addict opposite Carey Milligan in Shame?

IQ2: Are you bald, round, and able to cause a lightbulb to glow simply by putting it in your mouth?

IQ3: Did you play a pale blond villain who was sexy enough to inspire a trope name on TVTropes, “[Character] In Leather Pants?”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof. Pepperwinkle View Post
#1. Take a DQ.
#2. I am not Uncle Fester.
#3. Take a DQ.
Michael Fassbender for the first, correct with Uncle Fester, and the "Draco In Leather Pants" trope was inspired by Draco Malfoy, played by Tom Felton.

DQ1: Female?

DQ2: Born before 1960?

IQ1: Are you the world's most famous - possibly only famous - Irish stepdancer?

IQ2: Did you build the Clermont, the world's first steam-powered ship?

IQ3: Did you have yellow eyes and torment younger boys, until you were beaten up by Ralphie?
  #191  
Old 04-24-2019, 05:13 PM
De La Rue is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof. Pepperwinkle View Post
1) I am not Richard Feynman.
2) I am not Harrison Ford (??)
Take a DQ for #3.
Correct on 2. 3 is Francine Smith.

IQs:
1. Are you the pseudonymous author of such novels as My Brilliant Friend?
2. Are you the protagonist of two novels by Winston Groom?
3. Did you design the Dymaxion car?


One DQ reserved.
  #192  
Old 04-24-2019, 05:19 PM
Prof. Pepperwinkle's Avatar
Prof. Pepperwinkle is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Chateau Pepperwinkle
Posts: 55,949
DQs:

1) Real
2) Last name starts with F
3) Dead
4) Not American
5) Not Political/Military
6) Male
7) Born before 1960
  #193  
Old 04-24-2019, 05:23 PM
Prof. Pepperwinkle's Avatar
Prof. Pepperwinkle is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Chateau Pepperwinkle
Posts: 55,949
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elendil's Heir View Post

IQs:

Did you create Downton Abbey?
Have you played three scheming politicians, two fictional and one real?
Was your middle name Glasgow?
Take 3 DQs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow Moving Vehicle View Post

IQ1: Are you the world's most famous - possibly only famous - Irish stepdancer?

IQ2: Did you build the Clermont, the world's first steam-powered ship?

IQ3: Did you have yellow eyes and torment younger boys, until you were beaten up by Ralphie?
Take 2 DQs. I know that I know #1, but cannot bring the name around. Michael something?

#2) I am not Robert Fulton. However, John Fitch actually built the first steamboat, and Fulton's ship was named The North River Steamboat. Clermont was its point of registry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by De La Rue View Post
IQs:
1. Are you the pseudonymous author of such novels as My Brilliant Friend?
2. Are you the protagonist of two novels by Winston Groom?
3. Did you design the Dymaxion car?
Take 2 DQs.
#3) I am not Bucky Fuller.
  #194  
Old 04-24-2019, 09:08 PM
Elendil's Heir is online now
SDSAB
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: my Herkimer Battle Jitney
Posts: 82,837
Previous IQs:

Did you create Downton Abbey? - Julian Fellowes
Have you played three scheming politicians, two fictional and one real? - Frank Langella, in Dave, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine and Frost/Nixon
Was your middle name Glasgow? - Adm. David Farragut of American Civil War fame

DQs:

European?
Best known for the Arts?
Born before 1860?

IQs:

Was Lady Catherine de Bourgh your imperious aunt?
Did you play Draco Malfoy?
Did a crazy employee kill your girlfriend and set fire to your house?
  #195  
Old 04-24-2019, 09:14 PM
Prof. Pepperwinkle's Avatar
Prof. Pepperwinkle is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Chateau Pepperwinkle
Posts: 55,949
DQs:

1) Real
2) Last name starts with F
3) Dead
4) Not American
5) Not Political/Military
6) Male
7) Born before 1960
8) European
9) Best known for the Arts
10) Born before 1860
  #196  
Old 04-24-2019, 09:17 PM
Prof. Pepperwinkle's Avatar
Prof. Pepperwinkle is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Chateau Pepperwinkle
Posts: 55,949
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elendil's Heir View Post

IQs:

Was Lady Catherine de Bourgh your imperious aunt?
Did you play Draco Malfoy?
Did a crazy employee kill your girlfriend and set fire to your house?
#1. I am not Fitzwilliam Darcy.
#2. I am not Tom Felton.
Take a DQ for #3.
  #197  
Old 04-25-2019, 08:37 AM
Knowed Out's Avatar
Knowed Out is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: North Kakkalakee
Posts: 14,168
IQ1: Is one of your characters Matt Foley, a motivational speaker who lived in a van down by the river?
IQ2: Have you played a starship captain and a mystery author who accompanied detectives during their cases?
IQ3: Have you been an SNL performer and a US senator from Minnesota?
  #198  
Old 04-25-2019, 08:45 AM
Elendil's Heir is online now
SDSAB
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: my Herkimer Battle Jitney
Posts: 82,837
Previous IQs:

Was Lady Catherine de Bourgh your imperious aunt? - Yes, Fitzwilliam Darcy in Pride and Prejudice
Did you play Draco Malfoy? - Yes, Tom Felton
Did a crazy employee kill your girlfriend and set fire to your house? - Frank Lloyd Wright

DQ:

Best known for the visual arts (painting, sculpture, photography, engraving, etc.)?

IQs:

Did Sean Bean play your big brother?
Were you Scrooge's first employer?
Did you vex your neighbor by wiggling your bottom while in a ski suit?
  #199  
Old 04-25-2019, 09:16 AM
Slow Moving Vehicle's Avatar
Slow Moving Vehicle is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Posts: 3,676
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof. Pepperwinkle View Post
Take 3 DQs.



Take 2 DQs. I know that I know #1, but cannot bring the name around. Michael something?

#2) I am not Robert Fulton. However, John Fitch actually built the first steamboat, and Fulton's ship was named The North River Steamboat. Clermont was its point of registry.



Take 2 DQs.
#3) I am not Bucky Fuller.
Michael Flatley is the name you were reaching for. The other one was Scut Farkus, the bully from A Christmas Story.

DQ1: Musician?

DQ2: Anglophone?
  #200  
Old 04-25-2019, 09:35 AM
De La Rue is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof. Pepperwinkle View Post
Take 2 DQs.
#3) I am not Bucky Fuller.
1 (the author if My Brilliant Friend) was Elena Ferrante; 2 (the Winston Groom character) was Forrest Gump.

IQs:
1. Did you edit Famous Monsters of Filmland?
2. Are you the Modern Prometheus?
3. Were you the first female US presidential cabinet member?


DQ: born before 1760?

Two DQs reserved.
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:21 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Send questions for Cecil Adams to: cecil@straightdope.com

Send comments about this website to: webmaster@straightdope.com

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy

Advertise on the Straight Dope!
(Your direct line to thousands of the smartest, hippest people on the planet, plus a few total dipsticks.)

Copyright © 2018 STM Reader, LLC.

 
Copyright © 2017