View Poll Results: Do you go into the store with your SO, or do you wait in the car/outside?
I go inside with them 41 46.07%
I wait in the car/outside the store 18 20.22%
I do something else 4 4.49%
Depends on the weather 6 6.74%
Depends on something else 13 14.61%
Something completely else 2 2.25%
Gummi bears! 5 5.62%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-15-2019, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessan View Post
Wait, what?
Old 05-15-2019, 09:25 AM

Eh. My Wife and I don't shop together. We really don't 'shop' period. Know what you want and go get it.

Now if we are on vacation just wandering around will visit art gallery's and what ever turns our fancy together, 'cause we are just wandering around.

There was a recent exception. I needed a new suit. Wanted light grey. Store is 100 miles away. My Wife did come (I did want her opinion), but in a separate car as I was going to spend the night in that town, and my Wife was going home that day. New suit, tailor marks made, in and out in 30 minutes (didn't need shoes or shirt or tie or anything).

Another exception would be buying furniture or similar. But that doesn't happen very often.

Heck, we didn't even go with each other when we buy new cars. Know what you want, talk to spouse for opinions, go get it. Easy Peasy. That's been the case for my Wife's last two cars and my most recent one.

But that's how we 'shop'. If she needs me or I need her, we come along. But otherwise, we go alone.

Grocery shopping is the same way. We split that up for the most part. Make a list, one of us gets it. It's not a two person job.
Old 05-16-2019, 06:52 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by puzzlegal View Post
I remain confused. Why are you and the baby in the car at all if your spouse plans to spend a couple of hours at the mall? Why didn't your spouse just go to the mall alone, leaving you and the baby comfortably at home?
Depends on the mall; if she wants to go to the good mall, she doesn't want to drive there herself. She's willing to drive herself to one of the crappy malls, but because they're crappy malls, she usually doesn't want to go to one of them.
Old 05-16-2019, 07:06 AM

Go inside with. We like being together.
Old 05-16-2019, 07:59 AM

It depends on who's going where for what. Sometimes my wife or I will wait in the car while the other one dashes in. If they're going to be a log time, we'll usually go in together.

If my wife elects to stay in the car while I go in, I usually tell her not to bark at passers-by while I'm in the store.