Old Yesterday, 11:43 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siam Sam View Post
And President Shitstain did NOTHING to commemorate Veterans Day. Nothing whatsoever in an official capacity. Not even a tweet.
Got a cite for that?

Better than this one, I mean?

Old Yesterday, 12:00 PM

Just in the interest of fighting ignorance. The Nubbin' did attend a ceremony at Suresnes American Cemetery on Sunday, November 11 (Armistice Day) in France. He arrived back at the Whitehouse at 7:00pm on Sunday. He arrived at Andrews AFB at 6:40pm, the day that observances were held at Arlington.
He spent Monday (US Veterans Day) in his anxiety closet.
Sorry, that's not entirely accurate but close enough
Old Yesterday, 12:05 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nava View Post
And a guy who, upon being told "I have bad news; with these blood pressure readings (10 over 5, using US units), you're clinically dead" answered "guess that explains why I've been feeling kind of under the weather then!"
Holy Jumpin' Jesus! Was he like that guy in Milliways who was spending the year dead for tax purposes?
Old Yesterday, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snarky_Kong View Post
Nielsen and Kelly are not moderates. They just know not to wear their hoods in public.

The rumor I see going around is Nielsen and Mattis out, Graham in at DOD and Cotton in at DHS.
Can't see Trump promoting Graham. Graham has said some nasty things about Trump and although Trump seems to "forget" things he said a few days ago, he does remember who's on his shit list. Yes Graham has done a complete 180 in the last few months, and started brown nosing with the best of them, I suspect he's going to end up with the same treatment as Christie. Sent out to get hamburgers, humiliated in public and then left out in the cold.

Last edited by Buck Godot; Yesterday at 01:01 PM.
Old Yesterday, 01:26 PM
Not a real doctor.
Charter Member

Oh yeah - Graham is setting himself up for the Romney/Christie treatment.

I think I'll pretend to feel sorry for him.
Old Yesterday, 02:45 PM

NSC aide Mira Ricardel is out because Melania didn't like the way she treated her.
https://www.straitstimes.com/world/u...dy-say-sources

Melania's spokeswoman Stephanie Grisham announced, "It is the position of the Office of the First Lady that she no longer deserves the honor of serving in this White House."

https://twitter.com/justinsink/statu...26844153159680
Old Yesterday, 03:41 PM

I think Graham might be positioning himself for the attorney general role in case scrutiny forces Whitaker out.
Old Yesterday, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Kitchen View Post
NSC aide Mira Ricardel is out because Melania didn't like the way she treated her.

Melania's spokeswoman Stephanie Grisham announced, "It is the position of the Office of the First Lady that she no longer deserves the honor of serving in this White House."

People keep feeling sorry for Melania. I see no sign at all that she isn't just as much of an entitled asshole as her husband.
Old Yesterday, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySinclair View Post
People keep feeling sorry for Melania. I see no sign at all that she isn't just as much of an entitled asshole as her husband.
But maybe a broken clock is somehow right twice a day and this is one of those times.
Old Yesterday, 06:34 PM
Charter Member

From the "How Can They Tell?" department:

Quote:
With the certainty that the incoming Democratic House majority will go after his tax returns and investigate his actions, and the likelihood of additional indictments by special counsel Robert S. Mueller III, Trump has retreated into a cocoon of bitterness and resentment, according to multiple administration sources....
Old Yesterday, 06:40 PM
Charter Member

And he's insulting Macron & the French again.
Old Yesterday, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asahi View Post
But maybe a broken clock is somehow right twice a day and this is one of those times.
Perhaps, but bear in mind that the solution to a broken spring is most likely to replace it with a defective one.
Old Yesterday, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quartz View Post
And he's insulting Macron & the French again.
This is what he wants -- well, this is what Putin and the global oligarchs want, more specifically.

It's as plain as day that the American right wing is all-in on authoritarianism and oligarchy, but those pesky Europeans! Claim that they're not paying their fair share. Normalize the idea that the US and our allies are no longer allies. Fuck Canada! Fuck France! Fuck Germany!

In reality, we're just fucking ourselves.
Old Yesterday, 09:19 PM

Amen. Putin's real aim is destabalize the US and Europe and he has done so.
Old Yesterday, 09:48 PM

Quote:

First Benedict Donald (thanks Baal Houtham) lectures Baltic leaders over the Balkans, and now we have a Slovenian first lady feuding with an appointee of Croatian descent. I wonder what Putin thinks.
Old Yesterday, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Godot View Post
Can't see Trump promoting Graham. Graham has said some nasty things about Trump and although Trump seems to "forget" things he said a few days ago, he does remember who's on his shit list. Yes Graham has done a complete 180 in the last few months, and started brown nosing with the best of them, I suspect he's going to end up with the same treatment as Christie. Sent out to get hamburgers, humiliated in public and then left out in the cold.
I don't know why Graham is called a "moderate." He was a disciple of Trumpism when DJT was just a gleam in Sheldon Adelson's eye:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Lindsay Graham at the 2012 Republican Convention
The demographics race we’re losing badly. We’re not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term.
Old Yesterday, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve MB View Post
I can barely stop myself from chortling with glee, at the thought of Trump curled up in a fetal position, cancelling all his appointments, too broken to even pick up his Twitter-phone. But then I think of the kind of damage he could do in a fit of pique and it takes some of the fun out of it.
Old Today, 12:16 AM

The French Army is trolling Trump.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-46193090

And the French Embassy attended the ceremony at the Tomb of the Unknowns on Memorial Day, where Trump was not. Though I can't find a news report on it now, though I did earlier.
Old Today, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDog View Post
Holy Jumpin' Jesus! Was he like that guy in Milliways who was spending the year dead for tax purposes?
No, just the record holder in a family of low-pressure people. Now that I'm old my BP is high enough to be allowed to donate blood (yay!) about half the time (boo!), but my own recorded low was multiple instances of 60/40. I had to calm down the people who'd measured it because they were freaking out and saying I needed an ambulance now. I simply knew I couldn't move my head too suddenly as it would make the world swim.

Abuelito was working two jobs at the time: treasurer of our city in the mornings, teacher at the business school in the afternoons. If one day he was a bit dizzy, well, that's what chairs are for.

Last edited by Nava; Today at 12:43 AM.
Old Today, 12:45 AM

Am I getting confused with the units? Whatever would be low is what we have.
Old Today, 12:47 AM

From Oct. 18:

Quote:
Bolton and Kelly got into a screaming match in the West Wing.
https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/18/polit...NN-News-Alerts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest-starring: Id! View Post
Prediction: Nielsen is the next Apprentice flunkie by, say, Nov. 20.
So if she's out Tuesday (week from now), sure, My Endeavouring in Prognostication Excellence will be Stanley Cup-like, but the ensuing replacement, though, should put most sane-thinking people in the sad doldrums. Gilbert Gottfreid has been mentioned in these pages for certain positions in the administration - maybe this might be a fit.

One of the best John Oliver pieces I've seen. On Matt Whitaker. Go straight ahead to 4:22.
You could say he, ahem, kicks ass in this piece.

Quote:
Originally Posted by septimus View Post
...just a gleam in Sheldon Adelson's eye:
aaaaaaawwwwwwwww, nice....Thank-you for putting that image in my mind.
Old Today, 12:49 AM
Experimental FOC Test Pilot

Quote:
60/40 is alive. It is the normal B/p of a newborn
Old Today, 01:04 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
From Oct. 18:

So if she's out Tuesday (week from now), sure, My Endeavouring in Prognostication Excellence will be Stanley Cup-like, but the ensuing replacement, though, should put most sane-thinking people in the sad doldrums. Gilbert Gottfreid has been mentioned in these pages for certain positions in the administration - maybe this might be a fit.

One of the best John Oliver pieces I've seen. On Matt Whitaker. Go straight ahead to 4:22.
You could say he, ahem, kicks ass in this piece.
“WHITE SHREK!” I am DYING!!!
Old Today, 01:07 AM

Quote:
We use mmHg. I doubt European doctors would use some other thing. Normal for an adult seems to be something like 120/70.
Old Today, 01:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steatopygia View Post
60/40 is alive. It is the normal B/p of a newborn
I was a damn tall newborn from my teen years to my late forties, then!
Old Today, 06:52 AM

Quote:
From Oct. 18:
O Esteemed Prognosticator! You are indeed the Magic Eight Ball of the Dope! Please accept this offering of live hamsters and Heath Bars to honor Your Greatness. I humble myself at your predictable predictive feet and beg to know: please predict when the Orange Cheeto Himself will be leaving office. Thank you.
Old Today, 10:07 AM

Was just reading about how Trump blames his aides for not advising him that skipping the WWI ceremonies would be a public relations nightmare.

My question is: Didn't this stable genius leader of the GOP have the slightest inkling WHY he was in France for Veteran's day?
Old Today, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThelmaLou View Post
O Esteemed Prognosticator! You are indeed the Magic Eight Ball of the Dope! Please accept this offering of live hamsters and Heath Bars to honor Your Greatness.
Hey, really - I can't take all the credit.
I just bend an ear to this guy

Um, not seeing the hamsters or heath* bars anywhere.

*Are those the kind of bars one would find in, say, a copse?

Last edited by Guest-starring: Id!; Today at 10:13 AM.
Old Today, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Try2B Comprehensive View Post
Was just reading about how Trump blames his aides for not advising him that skipping the WWI ceremonies would be a public relations nightmare.
Link?

Quote:
My question is: Didn't this stable genius leader of the GOP have the slightest inkling WHY he was in France for Veteran's day?
I'm guessing he was there to meet his BFF, Putin. Or that's the only thing that latched into and found a home in the very stable geniuses 'brain' of his.

Didn't seem to pan out. He's pissed about that. Doesn't know what to do.
Old Today, 11:16 AM

Quote:
...Um, not seeing the hamsters or heath* bars anywhere.
They should be arriving by UPS. God, I hope I remembered to punch holes in the box.

Quote:
*Are those the kind of bars one would find in, say, a copse?
No, they are found near cliffs.

Quote:
...My question is: Didn't this stable genius leader of the GOP have the slightest inkling WHY he was in France for Veteran's day?
Hahaha! I laughed til I cried! Love these really absurd, off the wall questions!

Good thing I'm in a good mood. Next time you ask a sensible question, you get a *BEEP* and dragged off the stage.
Old Today, 11:40 AM

Quote:
He was expecting the European leaders to prostrate at his feet and apologize profusely for not putting the USA first in trade agreements. Apparently, sulking is a negotiation tactic.
Old Today, 11:47 AM

It works for toddlers. Maybe that's what he meant by "I'm not a baby".
Old Today, 12:20 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Veterans’ Day, hell. It was the CENTENNIAL of the fucking ARMISTICE. I guess he skipped WWI day in history class.
Old Today, 12:33 PM
Charter Member

Quote:

He thought there would be thecgrand victory parade he was denied at home, not a somber memorial.
Old Today, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enipla View Post
Link?
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...val/ar-BBPGakV
Old Today, 12:42 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRDelirious View Post
He thought there would be the grand victory parade he was denied at home, not a somber memorial.
You get a gold star!

Quote:
President Donald Trump said on Friday that he has canceled his plans to host a military parade in Washington D.C. this year -- however, as many people online have pointed out -- the announcement comes after the Pentagon said the event would cost upwards of $90 million.
Trump said instead of hosting a parade, he plans on attending the annual Armistice Day parade in France in early November....

Last edited by Steve MB; Today at 12:43 PM.
Old Today, 12:49 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
I'm guessing he was there to meet his BFF, Putin. Or that's the only thing that latched into and found a home in the very stable geniuses 'brain' of his.

Didn't seem to pan out. He's pissed about that. Doesn't know what to do.
"Vlad, my minions are telling me the liberals might win some of the close races on Election Day. I'm gonna need you to hack into the voting systems again."
"Donald, Election Day was last week."
"Really? Did I win?"
Old Today, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by From the above link
He erupted at his staff over media coverage of his decision to skip a ceremony honoring the military sacrifice of World War I.
Got it. Thanks.

Not his fault.
Old Today, 01:02 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by From the above link
He erupted at his staff over media coverage of his decision to skip a ceremony honoring the military sacrifice of World War I.
Got it. Thanks.

Not his fault.
Almost seems like he doesn’t think anyone’s gonna buy the bit about the Secret Service nixing his idea of driving...
Old Today, 06:48 PM
Charter Member

I suspect that it's more than a toddler temper tantrum -- if his age and bad habits have caught up to him to the point where he'd be in obvious physical distress if he had to walk any significant distance or stand unsupported for more than a few minutes at a time, he's have to blow off events where he couldn't finesse the setting to avoid those issues.
Old Today, 06:53 PM

When was the last time he golfed?
Old Today, 06:56 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tooth View Post
When was the last time he golfed?
Of course, there he can use his golf cart. (Is it a regular golf cart, or did the Secret Service insist on upgrading it into an armored DopeMobile?)
Old Today, 06:57 PM

Yeah, but can he swing a club without falling over these days?
Old Today, 06:59 PM

Also, in my experience vehicles referred to as DopeMobiles generally have kickin' stereos and need body work, and are owned by someone calling himself Johnny Kush or some such.
Old Today, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowed Out View Post
He was expecting the European leaders to prostrate at his feet and apologize profusely for not putting the USA first in trade agreements. Apparently, sulking is a negotiation tactic.
Quote:
It works for toddlers. Maybe that's what he meant by "I'm not a baby".
I suspect this is quite literally the case: little Donnie learned early that no one ever said 'no' to him, and that if they were hesitating to do what he wanted, a bit of a toddler sulk would bring them right around--eager to do whatever it took to make him smile.

So he may well have believed that all those European leaders, seeing him grumpy and disinclined to join in, would fall all over themselves trying to please him.
Old Today, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherrerd View Post
I suspect this is quite literally the case: little Donnie learned early that no one ever said 'no' to him, and that if they were hesitating to do what he wanted, a bit of a toddler sulk would bring them right around--eager to do whatever it took to make him smile.

So he may well have believed that all those European leaders, seeing him grumpy and disinclined to join in, would fall all over themselves trying to please him.
And it's just to much for him. And no fun. His parents probably got the same response from him when he didn't want to go visit grandma.
Old Today, 07:46 PM

Quote:
That link has a pic of the Baby Blimp in Paris. We should send it to Afghanistan to visit the troops.
Old Today, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Got it. Thanks.

Not his fault.
"They made me do it!"