Old Today, 03:55 PM

Butthurt rightwingers are crying because Twitter is deleting all of their Russian bot followers.
http://metro.co.uk/2018/02/21/twitte...re.top.twitter
Old Today, 03:59 PM

What percent did Trump's follower's get reduced by? 80%?
Old Today, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Kitchen View Post
Butthurt rightwingers are crying because Twitter is deleting all of their Russian bot followers.
http://metro.co.uk/2018/02/21/twitte...re.top.twitter
You'd think these dipshits would be embarrassed to learn they have been tools (tools is appropriate in multiple ways here) of Russian. Apparently the right is now openly embracing their Russian overlords.
Old Today, 04:12 PM

The right weren't the only victims. I lost more than 2% of my followers in the purge. I had 44, now I have 43. I always was a little skeptical of that one guy with the MAGA home splash.
Old Today, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wguy123 View Post
You'd think these dipshits would be embarrassed to learn they have been tools (tools is appropriate in multiple ways here) of Russian. Apparently the right is now openly embracing their Russian overlords.
Carl Sagan:

Quote:
One of the saddest lessons of history is this: If we’ve been bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. We’re no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us. It’s simply too painful to acknowledge, even to ourselves, that we’ve been taken. Once you give a charlatan power over you, you almost never get it back.
From the Demon-Haunted World
Old Today, 04:19 PM

#BotsandPrayers
Old Today, 04:37 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wguy123 View Post
They're not embarrassed. They're completely denying it happened (NB: article plus video).
Old Today, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgyn View Post
They're not embarrassed. They're completely denying it happened (NB: article plus video).
Airbeck's post right above nailed it. SAD!
Old Today, 08:31 PM

Rep. Rod Blum (R-IA) in hot water over non-disclosures.
Quote:
Rep. Rod Blum was one of two directors of the Tin Moon Corp. when the internet marketing company was incorporated in May 2016, as the Republican was serving his first term, a business filing shows. Among other services, Tin Moon promises to help companies cited for federal food and drug safety violations bury their Food and Drug Administration warning letters below positive internet search results.

Tin Moon’s website had listed Blum as its CEO and featured an official photo of Blum wearing his congressional pin in front of an American flag. The company removed the photo and changed Blum’s title to “majority shareholder” Tuesday after the AP raised questions about House ethics rules. Tin Moon is based in the same Dubuque office as a construction software company he owns, called Digital Canal.
Quote:
The company has kept up an online video testimonial showing “John Ferland representing Digital Canal” and claiming to be a satisfied customer. Ferland — who is actually chief of staff in Blum’s congressional office and has never worked for Digital Canal — claims that Tin Moon is “saving us thousands of dollars every month, keeping our traffic and leads higher,” and implores: “From one business owner to another, I suggest you take a look at Tin Moon.”

Blum didn’t list his positions as director or CEO of Tin Moon on his personal financial disclosure for 2016, despite House rules that require members to identify all corporate positions they held during any part of the year even if they’re unpaid. He also didn’t list the company as an asset, which would have been required if his interest was valued at $1,000.

In response to questions, Blum told AP he didn’t consider the company an asset because it was “worth zero” and “not a functioning company in 2016.” Ferland’s testimonial was uploaded in September 2016; a YouTube user named “rodblum” uploaded a similar Tin Moon testimonial two weeks earlier.
Quote:
Blum said he doesn’t receive any income from Tin Moon, isn’t involved in the company’s operations and is “merely a shareholder,” but didn’t explain why he didn’t disclose his role as a director as outlined in the incorporation papers. He said he wasn’t aware the company used his official photo, had no idea why Ferland appeared in the testimonial and has no knowledge of the company’s guarantee to help hide FDA warning letters.

“I have never seen the website,” Blum said.

Ferland said he was asked to film the testimonial by “a friend of mine, Ed Graham,” who is president of Tin Moon and Digital Canal and the treasurer of Blum’s campaign committee.
Is the plausible deniability all that plausible here? Maybe not:
Quote:
Experts on House ethics rules said that, in addition to the lack of disclosure, Blum and Ferland potentially violated others, including those that bar members and staff from using official resources to promote private companies and bringing disrepute upon the institution.

“This is just wrong from A to Z,” said lawyer Melanie Sloan , former executive director of the watchdog group Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington, one of four experts who told AP they saw multiple potential ethics violations. “There is no gray here. He just can’t do what he’s doing. We were just laughing about it because it’s so ridiculous.”
OTOH, if the plan is to make off with a bunch of cash and flip the bird as you run away...
Quote:
Blum, who chairs a House subcommittee on small business, has embraced President Donald Trump’s call to “drain the swamp,” pushing for congressional term limits and a lifetime ban on lobbying for former House members.
I mean, how else do we explain the brazen operations of Tin Moon?
Quote:
Tin Moon has solicited business by reaching out to companies that have received FDA warning letters that notify them of safety violations and order corrective action, promising: “We WILL remove the derogatory FDA letter from page one so it no longer damages your business and reputation!” Companies that have recently received such letters have been cited over misbranded dietary supplements, unapproved drugs and unsafe seafood imports.

Tin Moon urges recipients of warning letters to contact Monty Alexander, its “reputation management professional.” Alexander is also a GOP activist who has supported Blum’s campaigns.