Old 12-11-2018, 11:10 AM

Quote:
People do not yet realize how much of the Wall, including really effective renovation, has already been built. If the Democrats do not give us the votes to secure our Country, the Military will build the remaining sections of the Wall. They know how important it is!
Come the 2020 election, Trump is going to tell people that he did build the wall and the fake news media is suppressing that to make him look bad, isn't he?
Old 12-11-2018, 11:52 AM

I refuse to believe that Trump's spelling problems are the result of anything other than an idiot brain. Unless he ever calls the Mueller investigation a witch cunt. Then he may know something no one else does.
Old 12-11-2018, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiveyearlurker View Post
Spelling "potato" wrong was disqualifying within my lifetime.
I believe that was the responsiblity of Dan "Hey look! I'm the Vice President!!" Quayle.

Press on.
Old 12-11-2018, 12:18 PM
Friend of Cecil
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobot View Post
Unless he ever calls the Mueller investigation a witch cunt.
Does he even call Hillary that?
Old 12-11-2018, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Witt View Post
Does he even call Hillary that?
Not with any microphones on... that we know of...yet.
Old 12-11-2018, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsc1953 View Post
Not with any microphones on... that we know of...yet.
Thing is, if Trump ever has a microphone failure/blooper like old Ronnie, nobody would notice, because it's always the same old blathering.
Old 12-11-2018, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsHund View Post
Thing is, if Trump ever has a microphone failure/blooper like old Ronnie, nobody would notice, because it's always the same old blathering.
If a recording turns up of Trump calling Hillary the c-word, or Obama the n-word (and I'm sure he has)...what's it going to do, cost him votes among women and African-Americans? They're not exactly his "base".

I think his support is locked in at a solid 40% and nothing will ever change it, higher or lower.
Old 12-11-2018, 06:23 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsHund View Post
a microphone failure/blooper like old Ronnie....
I was not a Reagan supporter, but I thought it was funny.
Old 12-11-2018, 06:24 PM

Quote:
If a recording turns up of Trump calling Hillary the c-word, or Obama the n-word (and I'm sure he has)...what's it going to do, cost him votes among women and African-Americans? They're not exactly his "base".

I think his support is locked in at a solid 40% and nothing will ever change it, higher or lower.
IMHO, openly confirming to abuse your social status to harass women physically is MUCH more condemning than once calling a woman a cunt, though that's bad enough. But what did that revelation change in the voter's minds?

Last edited by EinsteinsHund; 12-11-2018 at 06:24 PM.
Old 12-11-2018, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny L.A. View Post
I was not a Reagan supporter, but I thought it was funny.
You know, at the time I was already living in Germany, the first battlefield to be grounded in a cold war gone hot, and I wasn't amused.
Old 12-11-2018, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatriotX View Post
He switched from test to audio only.
So, I stopped checking out what he had to say.

Ain't nobody got time for that.
Interesting--thanks. Guess he doesn't want anyone copy/pasting his words on the subject...it would be brutal to be held accountable for a claim that Donald Trump possesses basic intelligence (or more, as Adams has been claiming since before November 2016).
Old 12-11-2018, 08:56 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherrerd View Post
Interesting--thanks. Guess he doesn't want anyone copy/pasting his words on the subject...it would be brutal to be held accountable for a claim that Donald Trump possesses basic intelligence (or more, as Adams has been claiming since before November 2016).
Er... he knows they invented automated speech-to-text doodads, right?
Old 12-11-2018, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve MB View Post
Er... he knows they invented automated speech-to-text doodads, right?
For a bit, someone was posting transcripts in the comments.

But that stopped.

Then I stopped.
Old 12-12-2018, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Trump won white women 52% to 43%. Never forget. The term "white women" brings up all sorts of associations, but sometimes it's useful to picture Tulsa, OK in late spring, 1921.
Old 12-12-2018, 09:01 AM

white women (not all, of course, just moreso than minorities) rely on their husband for status. If the husband is a racist, misogynistic sob, the wife will probably also be so inclined. Education fixes that. Being in a culture where men are often no more than sperm donors tends to toughen up women and broaden their POV. At one time, women membership in the KKK was in the millions.

It is very hard for educated whites, mostly liberal, to convince minorities we are really trying to work together with them. For every positive contact, they receive a dozen negative ones.
Old 12-12-2018, 09:47 AM

Today's set of lies from the Liar-In-Chief:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Individual-1
The Democrats and President Obama gave Iran 150 Billion Dollars and got nothing, but they can’t give 5 Billion Dollars for National Security and a Wall?
1. By most estimates, somewhere between $25 and 56 billion;

2. It was Iran's money to begin with;

3. The release of some of Iran's frozen overseas assets was a fundamental condition of Iran's acceptance of the nuclear rollback agreement; you know, the one that Trump blew up for no good reason. So we did get something (quite a lot, really) from the transaction, even if one happens not to agree with the method.

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...-18-billion-c/

And no, Donald, IMHO $5 billion for your stupid fucking wall is 5 billion too much.

Last edited by El_Kabong; 12-12-2018 at 09:49 AM.
Old 12-12-2018, 10:13 AM

Plus, just to repeat, the lying fuck said it was going to be paid for in pesos.
Old 12-12-2018, 10:41 AM
Friend of Cecil
Charter Member

Plus the fact that the Republicans had all 3 branches and still couldn't get it built.
Old 12-12-2018, 10:46 AM
Charter Member

Well, let's see. The caravan refugees want 50k, and Trump wants a wall.

Come on Mr. "Art of The Deal", connect the dots and make it happen!
Old 12-12-2018, 11:03 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grrr! View Post
Come on Mr. "Art of The Deal", connect the dots and make it happen!
Hands Along the Border?
Old 12-12-2018, 11:06 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywatcher View Post
Hands Along the Border?
Actually, I was thinking he could hire them to build his stupid wall. But I like your idea better. Lol
Old 12-12-2018, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crucible View Post
white women (not all, of course, just moreso than minorities) rely on their husband for status. If the husband is a racist, misogynistic sob, the wife will probably also be so inclined. Education fixes that. Being in a culture where men are often no more than sperm donors tends to toughen up women and broaden their POV. At one time, women membership in the KKK was in the millions.
Emphasis mine.

Can I ask which "culture" you're referring to here?
Old 12-13-2018, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhendo View Post
Emphasis mine.

Can I ask which "culture" you're referring to here?
The culture that has come to realize that many young men in their communities are unwilling husbands and fathers, and dealing with them, taking care of them in all ways is a complete waste of time that can be spent on caring for their children and earning a living. There is no racial test for this situation. It happens across the board in communities where jobs for men are scarce, drinking and drugs are an escape from bleak reality. Those men often mature over time and even, sometimes contribute something, but women are very often left on their own to deal with parenthood. The attitude grows in those communities that men are just a waste of space in a home, more trouble than they are worth.
Old 12-13-2018, 09:14 AM

I nearly died of laughter this morning.

I often stated, “One way or the other, Mexico is going to pay for the Wall.” This has never changed. Our new deal with Mexico (and Canada), the USMCA, is so much better than the old, very costly & anti-USA NAFTA deal, that just by the money we save, MEXICO IS PAYING FOR THE WALL!

Are there red-hatted morons stupid enough to believe this steaming pile of shit tweet? And yes, that is a rhetorical question. Of course there are.

Next he's going to be bragging that Canada is chipping in as well.

Last edited by wguy123; 12-13-2018 at 09:15 AM.
Old 12-13-2018, 09:23 AM

Other than the idiocy, which speaks for itself, is he threatening Cohen's family in that last part?:

"I never directed Michael Cohen to break the law. He was a lawyer and he is supposed to know the law. It is called “advice of counsel,” and a lawyer has great liability if a mistake is made. That is why they get paid. Despite that many campaign finance lawyers have strongly......
...stated that I did nothing wrong with respect to campaign finance laws, if they even apply, because this was not campaign finance. Cohen was guilty on many charges unrelated to me, but he plead to two campaign charges which were not criminal and of which he probably was not...
....guilty even on a civil basis. Those charges were just agreed to by him in order to embarrass the president and get a much reduced prison sentence, which he did-including the fact that his family was temporarily let off the hook. As a lawyer, Michael has great liability to me!"
Old 12-13-2018, 09:28 AM

Why so many tweets when "I am not a crook" would serve just as well?
Old 12-13-2018, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wguy123 View Post
I nearly died of laughter this morning.

I often stated, “One way or the other, Mexico is going to pay for the Wall.” This has never changed. Our new deal with Mexico (and Canada), the USMCA, is so much better than the old, very costly & anti-USA NAFTA deal, that just by the money we save, MEXICO IS PAYING FOR THE WALL!

Are there red-hatted morons stupid enough to believe this steaming pile of shit tweet? And yes, that is a rhetorical question. Of course there are.

Next he's going to be bragging that Canada is chipping in as well.
Anyone out there that can provide a link to an analysis of USMCA that shows how much money "we" will be saving?
Old 12-13-2018, 09:52 AM

"Many campaign finance lawyers have strongly stated".

Many.
Old 12-13-2018, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wguy123 View Post
... that just by the money we save, MEXICO IS PAYING FOR THE WALL!

So what's he hassling congress for? Why the proud shutdown threat? His idiocy never ceases to amaze.
Old 12-13-2018, 09:57 AM
Arms of Steel, Leg of Jello
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobot View Post
So what's he hassling congress for? Why the proud shutdown threat? His idiocy never ceases to amaze.
Not all Trump supporters fall for all Trump lies. Best use a shotgun approach.
Old 12-13-2018, 10:02 AM

I haven't seen Pelosi's epic burn re the wall discussed: "It’s like a manhood thing with him — as if manhood can be associated with him".
Fucking wonderful.
Old 12-13-2018, 10:05 AM

Maybe his bogus claim about USMCA will finally lead to him shutting up about his goddamned wall.
Old 12-13-2018, 10:46 AM
Charter Member

"Make up a bunch of shit, declare victory and move on" seems like the least destructive outcome of Trumpism that we can hope for. As a non-supporter, I'm in full support!
Old 12-13-2018, 11:41 AM

So his expert legal analysis is that Cohen pleaded guilty to something that’s not a crime, and the courts were perfectly OK with that. Gotcha.
Old 12-13-2018, 01:54 PM

Quote:
So his expert legal analysis is that Cohen pleaded guilty to something that’s not a crime, and the courts were perfectly OK with that. Gotcha.
But, according to Senator Hatch http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-s...MYBUUWbN9hCHwA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orrin Hatch
... you know, you can make anything a crime under the current laws if you want to...
So it's Schrodinger's legal system - everything is simultaneously a crime and not a crime until we observe how it affects a Republican, then it collapses into a single state.
Old 12-13-2018, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McQwark View Post
But, according to Senator Hatch http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-s...MYBUUWbN9hCHwA

So it's Schrodinger's legal system - everything is simultaneously a crime and not a crime until we observe how it affects a Republican, then it collapses into a single state.
There's black-hole level bullshit density in that short statement, including this:
Quote:
Asked if he had any concerns that Trump was implicated, Hatch told CNN: “The Democrats will do anything to hurt this president.” Informed it was alleged by federal prosecutors in New York, Hatch said: “OK, but I don’t care, all I can say is he’s doing a good job as president.”
Old 12-13-2018, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiveyearlurker View Post
Other than the idiocy, which speaks for itself, is he threatening Cohen's family in that last part?:

"I never directed Michael Cohen to break the law. He was a lawyer and he is supposed to know the law. It is called “advice of counsel,” and a lawyer has great liability if a mistake is made. That is why they get paid. Despite that many campaign finance lawyers have strongly......
...stated that I did nothing wrong with respect to campaign finance laws, if they even apply, because this was not campaign finance. Cohen was guilty on many charges unrelated to me, but he plead to two campaign charges which were not criminal and of which he probably was not...
....guilty even on a civil basis. Those charges were just agreed to by him in order to embarrass the president and get a much reduced prison sentence, which he did-including the fact that his family was temporarily let off the hook. As a lawyer, Michael has great liability to me!"
I can't tell if Trump was threatening Cohen's family, because I can't work out what "including the fact that his family was temporarily let off the hook" refers to.

Anyone?
Old 12-13-2018, 07:06 PM

More projection. He assumes, as with his own, Cohen's family must be dirty too.
Old 12-13-2018, 08:04 PM
Charter Member

Not gonna read it, but there may be stipulations in his agreement where he agreed to cooperate in return for charges not being brought against family members (wife, brother, etc)? Maybe?
Old 12-14-2018, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rysto View Post
Come the 2020 election, Trump is going to tell people that he did build the wall and the fake news media is suppressing that to make him look bad, isn't he?
Idk if you think you're joking or not.

But, I suspect that this is an accurate prediction.
Old 12-14-2018, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Batty View Post
More projection. He assumes, as with his own, Cohen's family must be dirty too.
Michael Cohen's father-in-law is Fima Shusterman, a naturalized citizen originally from Ukraine who has been mentioned in connection with a couple of investigations but never charged with anything, as far as I'm aware. There are at least some reports that he did some business directly with Trump though, so I'm not entirely sure if this accusation is pure projection like some of his other statements are.
Old 12-14-2018, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambrosio Spinola View Post
Michael Cohen's father-in-law is Fima Shusterman, a naturalized citizen originally from Ukraine who has been mentioned in connection with a couple of investigations but never charged with anything, as far as I'm aware. There are at least some reports that he did some business directly with Trump though, so I'm not entirely sure if this accusation is pure projection like some of his other statements are.
Isn't Shusterman involved in the phony taxi medallion case in New York?
Old 12-15-2018, 12:34 PM
Charter Member

Another day, another outburst of explosive Twitterrhea:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathetic and Dishonest Criminal-in-Chief
The pathetic and dishonest Weekly Standard, run by failed prognosticator Bill Kristol (who, like many others, never had a clue), is flat broke and out of business. Too bad. May it rest in peace!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Obfuscator
Never in the history of our Country has the “press” been more dishonest than it is today. Stories that should be good, are bad. Stories that should be bad, are horrible. Many stories, like with the REAL story on Russia, Clinton & the DNC, seldom get reported. Too bad!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hirer of Only The Best People
Secretary of the Interior @RyanZinke will be leaving the Administration at the end of the year after having served for a period of almost two years. Ryan has accomplished much during his tenure and I want to thank him for his service to our Nation.......
Old 12-15-2018, 01:46 PM

Isn't Bill Kristol a Republican?
Old 12-15-2018, 02:07 PM
Charter Member

Yes, but not a real one. Membership now requires saying "mmm, yummy! More, please!" after every steaming mouthful of Trumpshit. Make a face, and you're a RINO.
Old 12-15-2018, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Kitchen View Post
Isn't Bill Kristol a Republican?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinyl Turnip View Post
Yes, but not a real one. Membership now requires saying "mmm, yummy! More, please!" after every steaming mouthful of Trumpshit. Make a face, and you're a RINO.
Yep. (I believe Kristol was a Never-Trumper from the beginning.)

(In other news, thanks to those who answered about the possible meaning of Rancid Clown's phrasing in re Michael Cohen's family.)
Old 12-16-2018, 09:48 AM
Charter Member

Saturday Night Live is unfair news, and/or collusion;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loser Donald
A REAL scandal is the one sided coverage, hour by hour, of networks like NBC & Democrat spin machines like Saturday Night Live. It is all nothing less than unfair news coverage and Dem commercials. Should be tested in courts, can’t be legal? Only defame & belittle! Collusion?

Last edited by Smapti; 12-16-2018 at 09:49 AM.
Old 12-16-2018, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smapti View Post
Saturday Night Live is unfair news, and/or collusion;
Well, surely, Trump is the very first president to be lampooned by SNL.
Old 12-16-2018, 10:50 AM
Friend of Cecil
Charter Member

Wasn't there a 'Fairness Doctrine' at the FCC that was overturned by Republicans decades ago?
Old 12-16-2018, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Witt View Post
Wasn't there a 'Fairness Doctrine' at the FCC that was overturned by Republicans decades ago?
Yes. But given that what was fair was decided by the FCC, I'm not sure that would really be an improvement now.