Old 01-08-2019, 05:28 AM
Charter Member

Up, caffeinated, and sheveled. Off to work.

W00T! First on Second!

Last edited by dogbutler; 01-08-2019 at 05:29 AM. Reason: W00T!
Old 01-08-2019, 05:32 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

I left the house a minute too late. Someone else pulled in just barely ahead of me and took *MY* parking space!!! OK, so technically, we don't have assigned spaces, but still, it's where I like to park, dammit!

Lots of work waiting for me this morning. I'd forgotten that one of our drafters is on vacation so that left only Jason here yesterday. But I'll wade thru it in the next few days. That's why I get the big bucks, right?

Happy Tuesday!
Old 01-08-2019, 06:02 AM

Happy Toosday!

It's a chilly 36 degrees outside, but the high is supposed to be 55. I may get some stuff done outside, or not, depends.
Swampy's willy-nilly is rubbing off on me.

I feel like hell this morning. Bladder woke me about 15 minutes before alarm was set to go off. I felt like I had only been asleep a few hours, and was going to go back to sleep. I looked at the clock and knew that wasn't going to happen.
Everybody else around here is sleeping, why can't I?
Because somebody has to irk and make money to pay the bills.
I'd be grumpy about it except grump takes energy that I don't have.
Old 01-08-2019, 06:05 AM
Charter Member

Good Morning Y’all! Up and caffeinatin’. ‘Tis 48 Amurrkin out and clear with a predicted high of 70 and N.O.S. for the day. I shall do laundry and must take care of some errands in town as well. I might look at some laptops as well. Sup will be my version of Philly cheesesteaks with oven fries.

Now I need more caffeine and to feed rumbly tummy. Then I shall purtify and don appropriate goin’ about the public attire. Such a bother!

Happy Tuesday Y’all!

It beats digging ditches in the snow. - carnivorousplant
Old 01-08-2019, 08:12 AM

Morning all. In my (slow) effort to get rid of stuff, I'll mail off a box of 3.5" disks to a recycle place today. That should exhaust my ambition...

{{{Sari}}}. Been there.

FCM, I know what you mean; used to have a spot where I worked all picked out and it just wasn't fair when somebody else was in MY spot...
Old 01-08-2019, 09:28 AM

MetalMouse, it doesn't actually talk to me Night Rider style, but it's more than just a light. I have a warning message that appears in my display that says that my oil life is low. It tracks the life remaining on my oil, which is nice. At 3 months after my last oil change, I still had a ton of life left in my oil. I only drive about 15 miles per day on a typical day, so it lasts a lot longer. (Once or twice a week, I go over that while running errands and such, but the typical to-work-get-the-kids-go-home route is only about 15 miles.) Why pay for an expensive oil change twice as often?
Old 01-08-2019, 11:43 AM
born to be shunned

Been awake and generally relaxing; watching the farm show. No Tractor-Square-Dancing yet but they did show some of the boring version involving people.
Old 01-08-2019, 12:00 PM

My truck doesn't track my oil life, but onstar does.
I don't drive a lot either and I never know when to get it changed. It's been a bit over a year since the last change and I still have 80 something% oil life.
According to the car people I shouldn't go more than a year between changes, however, it's hard to get worried about it when I have a lot of oil life left.
I wanted to get it done before Christmas, but that didn't happen. It's on the agenda for this month.

I got a little nap in after irk. I still feel sleepy, but not as grumpy.
Now I have to figure out which item on the ToDoList that I want to do, or rather, the one that is the least amount of trouble to do.
Old 01-08-2019, 12:52 PM

Evenin' all.

Had one of those catching up with errands days. I'm not too far behind where I was hoping to be regarding skool stuff, but it would have been nice to get a bit more done.

I'm not really looking forwards to starting up again, if I'm honest, not due to actual class, that's difficult but interesting. It's the classmate who I sit next to in almost everything (who works at the same job as well). She's not coping at all, partly due to outside issues, but was already finding classwork hard and running behind. I found out on Saturday that she just took the Christmas break totally off even thinking about Uni because it was too stressful, having apparently entirely missed the fact that there are two deadlines and an in class test this month (it's in the handbook and I had reminded her- hell, I even offered to come over and help her get started, as she'd missed the writing session we did).

She seems to think she'll get extensions on it all, but even if she did (and I'm pretty sure she won't on the test at least) that doesn't help if you don't even start. She's expecting more help from skool, but I can't see that happening either. They waived a few failed classes and offered therapy, she got as far as booking an appointment, then blew it off. I think they've done all she can reasonably expect.

In all honesty, I think she'd be better off seeing if she can withdraw and redo it next year, when at least there'll be only one PITA teenager at home, but I know she won't.

On a practical level for me, this means sitting next to and doing group stuff with someone who's often not following what's happening and is bursting into tears and even walking out on a regular basis. Plus being able to do nothing more than offer sympathy, because, unlike last year, I'm not way ahead with time to help (I didn't write anything for her, but I did go through her work and say things like 'I think you need more detail in that bit' and 'Maybe read this paper, see if it gives you any ideas').

There seems to be an excess of stress around; she does have more than her fair share, but she is spreading it round a bit...

Last edited by Filbert; 01-08-2019 at 12:54 PM.
Old 01-08-2019, 03:37 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

I've decided we're having a frittata for supper. Never made one before, so this will be an adventure!
Old 01-08-2019, 03:55 PM

Can you take another seat Nut? Home. Was front of house clerk today so I had to be nice.

On Firday I made a total and complete ass of myself to an evil bitch who shares my building and it is my building. She sent me a nastygram accusing me of using up all their ink in their printer. I don’t use their printer at all. I marched into her shared office and ripped her a new one. Had her in tears. Customers were present. She followed me back to my office and explained that she was trying to prove a point that the RV Ops manager is a liar. I listened and said little. She had blind copied their boss. I sent a reply to her, the Ops manager and their boss saying I DO NOT USE THAT PRINTER. When the ops manager read it she came to my office red in the face with anger. Turns out the bitch that sent the email had left because I had upset her so much her “blood pressure was through the roof”.

On Monday first thing I had a message to call her boss which I did. I was wrong and said I would apologize. I sent bitch a text to please come to my office as I needed to speak to her. She responded “I am unavailable, sorry”. I sent a screenshot to her boss and said she will not meet with me. He came over an hour later and coaxed her into my office where I had to apologize. Nearly choked on my words. Embellished Yada Yada. But I was wrong cause she baited me and I fell for it. Long story short her boss is going to find her a new office out of my building. This is not me. I am nice like Mmmoommm dammit.

Last edited by Buttercup Smith; 01-08-2019 at 03:59 PM. Reason: Never a dull moment.
Old 01-08-2019, 04:17 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivorousplant View Post
There is another remote.
The remote's name is "Leia".
Old 01-08-2019, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttercup Smith View Post
Can you take another seat Nut?
The actual seats (and tables) move around, it's that the same people sit together- there's only 4 of us who are over 30, which apparently means we have to sit together (I'd rather mix it up and sit with some of the younger lot sometimes, but there we go).

I mean, I could try wearing a false moustache and sitting at the back, but in a class of 20ish, I reckon she'd find me.
Old 01-08-2019, 06:19 PM

I'll be taking the Ghost in for its first oil change either Saturday or next week. When it gets within 200 miles, it gives you the miles to the next oil change along with your trip and mileage info when you shut it off.

When I got home from irk this afternoon and got out of the car to get the mail, I heard the unmistakeable riiiiiip of blue jeans. Fortunately, my drawers were color coordinated with my pants. Now, I must go online to replace them.
Old 01-08-2019, 06:37 PM

Red, a little too much Christmas indulgence?

Butters, remind me not to piss you off (even though you are nice). Just keep your cool, one blowup every few years is allowable. (that said, it sounded like she deserved it).

Nut, such is the life of the competent person (that's you). Sounds like she's not long for the school anyways.

Where did swampy and FCM go? Did her frittata explode? did swampy get eaten by his laundry?

Got the old diskettes off to recycling and moved the old chair out to the curb (it has been shedding leather bits for some time) and put the new chair in it's place. Which I now have to get used to, which is why I was lax in moving the old one out. Internettin' will take some of the evening along with reading.
Old 01-08-2019, 07:27 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

The frittata was good and I have been crocheting. swampy is likely still sans computer, the poor thing...

I'm in bed about to play a boring game or 2 so's I can fall asleep. Cold is moving in!!
Old 01-08-2019, 07:55 PM
Charter Member

Howdy Y'all! Nice to know I am missed. MetalMouse the laundry did not eat me but the dryer did try to bite me as I was closin' the door. Grabbed my pajama bottoms! Anywho laundry got done, errands completed, and sup got cooked and et. I am postin' on OYKW's puter as he reminded me he rarely uses it so I might as well, so I am. Still ponderin' over what to do about mine.

Butters FWIW I say she deserved copious wrath.

MOOOOOOM I make frittatas on occasion. Not a thing I want a lot, but always good.

Nut it wouldn't be skool without annoyance. So, she's there to provide that for you.

Ima go surf for a bit and then go beddy bye.

Nitey Nite Y'all!
Old 01-08-2019, 08:13 PM

metal mouse, more like they were at least a decade old.

Mooooom, I do fritattas occasionally, either as a planned thing for brunch or as a way to use up leftovers.

butters, it sounds like this woman has had issues before, given that they moved her this quickly.

Last edited by missred; 01-08-2019 at 08:13 PM.
Old 01-08-2019, 11:13 PM
born to be shunned

Stayed late so our corner of Maryland and VA could get their things on time.

You're welcome.
Old 01-09-2019, 05:40 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

We're being threatened with snow this weekend. rah. I think the shovels are in the garage, but if they're not, they will be. Stoopit snow.

FCD was running around yesterday getting quotes for the workshop he wants to put in the back yard. He heeded my suggestion to downsize it a bit, and it's now a reasonable size and a doable price. He'd been looking at renting a place, but we can build for less than the cost of 2 years of renting, and we'll have the equity. Plus his commute will be walking across the yard... With luck, we'll be starting in a couple of months.

Meanwhile, there's stuff on my desk demanding attention. Happy Wednesday!!
Old 01-09-2019, 05:42 AM
Charter Member

Good Mornin' Y'all! Up and caffeinatin'. *YAWN* 'Tis 51 Amurrkin out and clear (well, dark) with a predicted high of 59 and mostly N.O.S. for the day. Today I shall go to the Pubic Sto' and lay in provisions. Always a fun time. Sup will be salmon patties, smashed N.O.T., peas, and bizkits as requested. I may also bake chawklit chip cookies as I have an urge and because a bag of chawklit chips fell out of the kitchen cabinet where they live until use. Maybe that's an omen.

Now I need more caffeine and rumbly tummy demands sustenance. Then, alas and alack, purtification and the donnin' of appropriate goin' about the public to the Pubic Sto' must be accomplished. Such bother!

Happy Hump Day Y'all!
Old 01-09-2019, 06:49 AM

Happy Hump Day!

A not so cold 43 degrees outside.
I took Ripple to daycare, he hasn't been for three weeks and he was acting all shy again.

I can get some stuff done that I can't do when he is here. I also have to call the vet to make an appointment for Adam's echocardiogram. I'd like to do that on a daycare day, less stressful all the way around.
Adam is being a pest to my son this morning, he keeps headbutting his door for him to come out and watch him scratch on his scratching post. Very important my son should see that.

I am supposed to go to the armpit on Saturday, but that's not likely if it is snowing.

Thank you Ruble, we don't have anything coming, but I appreciate your work.

Last edited by Sahirrnee; 01-09-2019 at 06:50 AM.
Old 01-09-2019, 07:58 AM
Charter Member

Up, caffeinated, and sheveled. Closing shift tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyChatMom View Post
We're being threatened with snow this weekend. rah. I think the shovels are in the garage, but if they're not, they will be. Stoopit snow.
It better not. I don't wanna miss the afternoon hockey game Sunday(and the brunch tailgate).

[color=red]red[/b], I managed to rip the side seam of my pants once. Had to staple it together till quitting time.

Ruble, thanks to you and whoever services the Raleigh area, I got my new phone case. Now if Sprint could only tell me how to actually take advantage of a work related offer, so I can cut my bill 70%(2 hours of phone and chat, and all I was told is "Oops, you need to do anther step before you do the step the last person told you. And bring us a shrubbery!")
Old 01-09-2019, 08:34 AM

Quote:
I'll take your snow. We have like 1 inch of snow on the ground... and we're going to have temps above freezing later this week, which will melt what little we have. It's freaking January in Wisconsin. It's supposed to be cold and snowy. But everyone else seems to be getting it... sorry.
Old 01-09-2019, 09:10 AM

Juliet, lemme get this straight; you want freezing temps and snow? Ma'am, you've been in the Frozen North way too long...

doggio, good luck on the phone deal (but the over/under is another 2 hours on the phone).

ruble, you are a true professional; which means your bosses, as you describe them, will probably write you up for something...

No snow here but rain is forecast for the weekend. Been in the 60's the past two days, but only 42F today. Need to do some soccer stuff and get the trash bin outside this evening for pickup, but nothing else is planned. Starting to draw up a vacation plan (Combined New England/Colorado-S. Dakota trip) but planning is still preliminary.

Raisin toast has been consumed, so all is right with the world.
Old 01-09-2019, 09:10 AM

Quote:
He heeded my suggestion to downsize it a bit, and it's now a reasonable size and a doable price. He'd been looking at renting a place, but we can build for less than the cost of 2 years of renting, and we'll have the equity.
Upsize, then it'll cost ten three years of renting & you'll have more space.

Doggio, might take in Stars vs. Blues on Sat eve; should I wear a '91 M Modano from when they were in Minnie-soda or represent the home team & go with an E - A - G - L - E -S one? (There's no hockey rivalry, but there is with those star-helmeted jerks.)

I could use the snow, next week, please. Need to practice for the last two weekends of the month. (Ruble, I got a pair of Iverson's for Pri-Bi'ing.) That was this year's investment into the sport. Next year, you'll need to help me out with period-appropriate attire. You're costing me moolah!
Old 01-09-2019, 10:18 AM

Howdy all from irk, of course. Made it to hump day. Hubs is on the road on the way to Doooggiioooos neck of the woods. I hope it does not snow as he is not used to it or the cold.

Doggiooo I got a huge laugh about the shrubbery!

The ladies that run the Child Development Center just came over here with a Chihuahua puppy 9 weeks old and probably less that a pound. I want. Louie would not be happy.

I have some A/P to do today and I need to run to the Pubic store as the cupboard is bare here at irk and I need more cat food. This cat eats a lot. Ok all have a great rest of the day.
Old 01-09-2019, 10:27 AM

I don't know what to do.
The bed is calling that it is nap time, I didn't get much sleep last night, my eyes are burning.
On the other hand, the washer is calling to finish the load I left to soak overnight, and the dryer wants to be emptied. Another load is waiting to go in.
I should start working on the vanity and stool.

I'm also thinking about painting the bead board in the kitchen. It's white, isn't it always?, but what do y'all think about yellow? I've been thinking about painting the back door yellow as well, with maybe some bohemian style of design. Bohemian is my natural style, however, I also really like a super clean, uncluttered look. I don't know why I am driving myself crazy over it, it's only paint and if I don't like it, I can paint everything white again. It's not like painting a whole room, I wouldn't even need to pull out the step ladder. And it's not like a gallon of paint cost hundreds of dollars.
Old 01-09-2019, 11:51 AM

How did we go from 43 degrees at 7am to snow?

I think (hope) it will not amount to much of anything.

Adam goes in Firday for his test.
Supposed to be really cold.

I guess winter is finally here.
Old 01-09-2019, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stainless Steel Rat View Post
Juliet, lemme get this straight; you want freezing temps and snow? Ma'am, you've been in the Frozen North way too long...
Yep... and perhaps I have. I look at it this way. When faced with the options of freezing rain/melting snow that re-freezes at night and it's in the upper 30s OR solid snow comes down and stays snow (not icy slush), but it's in the 20s, I'd rather have it be a dozen degrees colder and have solid snow than have it be a little warmer and have icy nastiness. Solid snow can be moved and driven through much more easily than ice. Solid snow can be brushed off my coat; icy rain soaks into it.

And our local economies depend on winter sports this time of year. A lack of snow = a lack of snowmobilers = a lack of business at restaurants/pubs/convenience stores that are frequented by snowmobilers. Same with needing solid ice for ice fishing and other outdoor winter activities. Furthermore, a lot of summertime contractors (roofers, landscapers) make their livings in the winter plowing. No snow = no plowing = no income.

Plus, it's, like, stupid beautiful to wake up to a fresh white world after a snowfall.
Old 01-09-2019, 12:03 PM

today is blurf gotta turn in a paper sos I can eat just hate dealing with the one who drives.... then gotta turn in an another paper sos I can see the doc ….. im hungry after last nights lousy dinner....
Old 01-09-2019, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenata67 View Post
Yep... and perhaps I have. I look at it this way. When faced with the options of freezing rain/melting snow that re-freezes at night and it's in the upper 30s OR solid snow comes down and stays snow (not icy slush), but it's in the 20s, I'd rather have it be a dozen degrees colder and have solid snow than have it be a little warmer and have icy nastiness. Solid snow can be moved and driven through much more easily than ice. Solid snow can be brushed off my coat; icy rain soaks into it.

And our local economies depend on winter sports this time of year. A lack of snow = a lack of snowmobilers = a lack of business at restaurants/pubs/convenience stores that are frequented by snowmobilers. Same with needing solid ice for ice fishing and other outdoor winter activities. Furthermore, a lot of summertime contractors (roofers, landscapers) make their livings in the winter plowing. No snow = no plowing = no income.

Plus, it's, like, stupid beautiful to wake up to a fresh white world after a snowfall.
Well, when you put it that way...nah, I'm still staying in N. Ali-bama (nearly 50F now outside).

Sari, I painted my kitchen yellow (not bead board) and it looks pretty nice, I'd go for it (but so many shades to choose from!). But why don't you sleep on it...

FCM, seems like a practical solution for FCD and you. Hope it works out as you envision.

Got my soccer stuff done, may reward myself with a snack. Life is good.
Old 01-09-2019, 01:20 PM

Mom, In two years that shop will be chuck-a-block and you'll wish it was bigger. Been there, done that.

Metal Mouse, Colorado and S. Dakota aren't in New England, jest sayin'

Gibbs had a meltdown/panic attack last night and I was up 'til 5am trying to calm him down. Wouldn't have been so bad 'cept he and Vinnie were due at the groomer's at 11 this am. Fortunately, Vinnie woke me up a little after 9.

The house feels empty without my boys underfoot. But in about 2 - 3 hrs they'll be back, all beeyootiful!
Old 01-09-2019, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenata67 View Post
And our local economies depend on winter sports this time of year. A lack of snow = a lack of snowmobilers = a lack of business at restaurants/pubs/convenience stores that are frequented by snowmobilers. Same with needing solid ice for ice fishing and other outdoor winter activities.
How far is you from Cable? Contemplating going out there for Nationals in March.
Old 01-09-2019, 02:23 PM

Guess who learned how to get out of her crate? I put Akiko-pup into her box before heading to the bathroom. A minute I hear "thump, thump, thump" as someone bustles down the hallway to find me. Silly pup.

'Beamer started at his new school this week. He likes it so far. It's a pain to get him there, but I'm so glad we found some place that's set up just for kids like him. He's making friends and likes his classes and teachers so far. Yesterday they played drums in music - apparently they actually learned drumming as opposed to just walloping on them for an hour. He loved it.

Tomorrow we meet with the school district to discuss who is paying for all this.
Old 01-09-2019, 02:25 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumbazine View Post
Mom, In two years that shop will be chuck-a-block and you'll wish it was bigger. Been there, done that.
If we were 20, or even 10, years younger, I would agree. But honestly, I don't see him doing this work in 5 years. And if the business does grow that much, we can afford to add to the back of the bldg. Bear in mind, we'll still have the basement, which is where everything is crammed right now.

OK, my day is just about done. My brain is fried, but on the way home, I need to decide what we'll do for supper. I'm thinking I may stop and get salad stuff to go with sketties. That'll be easy.
Old 01-09-2019, 02:27 PM

Hi. I have the flu. Even though I got the flu shot a couple months ago.
may not be on the computer much as I try to recover. I'll see if I can find my tablet.
Old 01-09-2019, 02:41 PM

The snow finally stopped.

MetalMouse, I love a yellow kitchen, I think I'll go for it. See how the yellow looks and it I like it I can go crazy with other colors on the door.

I have to figure out something to eat. I think meatballs.
Quick and easy.

I'm sorry you have the flu Midget. I had it once.
When I wasn't thinking I was going to die, I was wishing I would.
Old 01-09-2019, 02:51 PM

I know what you mean Bumba - when my little brat isn't here I really miss him. However, I can get a lot more done without his 'help'.

Sunny - she is not silly, she is smart and luvs you.
Old 01-09-2019, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
How far is you from Cable? Contemplating going out there for Nationals in March.
About 4 hours. Cable is almost to Lake Superior, towards Minnesota. I'm in Green Bay, over on the far Eastern side of the state. If you look at the back of your left hand with your fingers together and your thumb slightly out (Wisconsin is conveniently hand-shaped), Cable is by the top knuckle of your ring finger. Green Bay is where the thumb meets the rest of your hand. (The space between the thumb and the forefinger is the Bay of Green Bay.)

Don't worry too much about the snow up there... Lake Superior takes care of that part of the state. I just looked online and it says that the Cable area has a base of about 3-5". Green Bay has a base of mud.

Last edited by Serenata67; 01-09-2019 at 03:13 PM.
Old 01-09-2019, 06:20 PM
Charter Member

Howdy Y'all! Due to the fact that I am indeed the grumpiest of all grumpy old men, I shall have my laptop issue resolved. It is still under warranty and despite the fact that HP wanted to argue otherwise, I shall return it to either be fixed or be sent a new one. I should have the shippin' box from FedEx tomorrow. HP was mostly concerned with 'tryin' to sell an extended warranty. It is under warranty until March 23rd which is plenty of time to resolve the issue. After an hour and a half of me sayin' over and over I just want to resolve this issue, it got done. Hey, I'm retired so I got all day. I even said that once.

Anywho, provisions got layed in, some ahrnin' got done and sup got made and et. All in all not a bad day.

::Makes sure "NO SNOW" signs are workin'::

{{{Midget}}} feel better soonest! I am convinced I had a mild case of flu in December but got over it within three days. Hope the same for you.
Old 01-09-2019, 06:28 PM

doggio, at one point, I was the queen of office supply clothing repair. Now, I just keep a small sewing kit in my desk.

ruble, if you handle anything that comes to my part of Tennessee, thanks!

Juliet, Here in middle Tennessee, we got a dusting of unseasonable snow in late October and nothing since. However, TWPtB are waffling on us getting some this weekend. It hit 70F yesterday, so go figure.

butters, I would be sorely tempted by a chihuahua puppy too. But like you, I don't think the current resident dog would approve.

Feel better soonest emily.

'Twas a slow day at irk. I got to see the preview of my manager's presentation that I did the stats for. We looked really good. I also finished a report that I had begun out of curiousity and when I mentioned it to my boss, both she and my manager wanted it as soon as I was done. Given that my yearly review is next week, this bodes well.

Since the wardrobe malfunction means that I am now two pair of irk pants down. I ordered some last evening and hope that they fit we;;/
Old 01-09-2019, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumbazine View Post
Mom Metal Mouse, Colorado and S. Dakota aren't in New England, jest sayin'
Bumba, there are actual aeroplane flights from Boston to Denver and Denver to Rapid City. Who knew? 7-8 days in NE, 3 hour flight, 7-8 days out West.

Red, glad work is going well (or at least can be made into a pretty report).

Swampy, good show! Don't let the b******* wear you down.

Sari, if you want to PM me an e-mail, I'll send you some pictures of my kitchen with the paint.

Sunny, glad all is well with pup and boy.

{{{Midget}}}. Hope you get to feeling better soon.

The garbage can is out and the old chair that I put out this morning is gone; don't know if it was the pickup day for stuff like this or just somebody scavenging, but it's gone.

Got a call from someone talking about 800 wpm that I couldn't understand so I said that and hung up. Piecing some of the word together later, it might be that my new glasses have arrived, so I will make myself presentable tomorrow and go find out.

Forgot to take the hamburger out of the freezer in time today, so nuked some Fettuchini Alfredo and washed in down with Cherry Kool-Aid (sometimes it's wonderful being single). Cheeseburgers tomorrow.
Old 01-09-2019, 07:51 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Supper was salad and sketties. Then I crocheted in front of the TV. Now, it's beddy-bye time, sorta. I may watch some TV in bed. Or not. Who knows??

Old 01-09-2019, 08:34 PM

my cousin would love for her om to get another "wawa" she cant pronounce the whole name but our cats would think its a rodent and try to eat it ….
Old 01-09-2019, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missred View Post
TWPtB are waffling on us getting some this weekend.
As long as they're waffling, you're good. However, iffn they move to french toasting expect snow.

Quote:
Supper was salad and sketties. Then I crocheted in front of the TV. Now, it's beddy-bye time, sorta. I may watch some TV in bed. Or not. Who knows??
Bed? I' just got home & it eatin' some din now. Leftover pan fried boid from last night & some N.O.T. to go with it; hey, Pringles are too N.O.T.!

There was food at the post-event, but I arrived late because I went back upstairs to try to get some pics. Apparently, the camera somehow got knocked into the on position so the battery was dead. Luckily, I had another with me, but then the one shot I wanted wasn't. Twas okay because it was prolly too windy (gusting to 25) to get it anyway, even with the tripod.
Now that I et, gotta get the camera bag outta the car & see what they look like.
Old 01-09-2019, 09:36 PM

Freaking sinues are driving me crazy. My entire family have this allergy disease. When I has the polyp removal last Feb the ENT suggested I get tested and do the shots. I was just on the phone with hubby and told him I am kicking myself that I didn’t do it then cause now I have a new deductible since it’s the new year. He said do it and he will pay whatever is needed. I picked up my cholesterol pills today and a 90 day supply was free. Pharmacist said you must have net your deductible or have awesome insurance. Duh- the deductible just restarted on he 1st of Jan. No way I have met it. Maybe it was a mistake but Aetna does own CVS so maybe that is a perk. Anyway, free pills. Win win.

Neighbor brought me some homegrown maters and eggplants so I whipped up an eggplant parm which was so good. Plus I have lunch for tomorrow ready to go and enough for supper tomorrow night. Funny since hubs is away the dog and cat don’t fight at night so I guess it’s hubby that Louie is jealous of. That puppy was so damn cute and tiny. I am a sucker for the breed.

If y’all don’t ever hear from me again it’s because I have overdosed on allergy pills.

So sorry you are sick Midget. Hope it is short lived. I once blew out a flip flop at irk and used a heavy duty stapler to make a temporary repair. It worked well. I’m even I continued to wear them for a while longer.

Sunny smart pup and I am so glad your son is in a good place with the new school.

Sari yellow is a great color for a kitchen and like you said it’s easily changed if you don’t like it. School bus yellow is also the safest color car on the road. My new 1980 Toyota Tercel was that color. My favorite color is green but yellow is second favorite.

I irked until 1530 and got home before there was any accidental pet excrement in my clean house. Today was maid day. Tis so nice to come home to no laundry and a freshly cleaned house. I am a clean as you go type person but when hubs is home he is not as neat. He made it to Raleigh and just called to say it’s getting cold there. He will for sure be headed back before the weekend when he said the real cold is due up there.

Evil bitch is definitely getting moved out of my building so says her boss. Hope it happens soon. I had a good day at irk and am ready for a very busy day tomorrow paying vendors. Late but I can’t be a clerk and a manager at the same time. I picked up a certificate of eligibles on my way in so interviews will happen one day next week. I dislike this part of my job the most. On Sat the Wounded Warriors Soldier ride is in town but I shan’t attend as 5 days driving down there is enough. They won’t miss me but I did procure a bunch of small American flats for our folks to wave as they pass by. We are also shuttling peeps to cheer them on.

My new furniture comes on Tuesday and I am excited. I got a throw from a friend as an anniversary gift and I have found some throw pillows. Who knew that throw pillows are so expensive? I didn’t but I shopped around and got some $50 plus pillows for $10 or less. Four have arrived and still waiting on four more. Now o figure out a way to keep our cat from scratching up my new furniture. At least for a few months. I know eventually it will happen. I may try a water pistol. Any of you have any ideas I am open for suggestions.

Night all.

Last edited by Buttercup Smith; 01-09-2019 at 09:40 PM.
Old 01-09-2019, 09:46 PM

Notice some typos and am blaming it on IPad keyboard. Too late to edit. I think y’all can parse it.
Old 01-09-2019, 10:01 PM

Butters the only way I've ever found to keep a cat from scratching things you don't want them to scratch is to get them something that they like scratching more.

Usually that's something like this, which we rub with catnip. They also do well with carpet scraps, also rubbed with catnip.
Old 01-09-2019, 10:30 PM
Charter Member

Worked, came home. I think I set up Sprint service. Tomorrow is my Firday.

Quote:
Doggiooo I got a huge laugh about the shrubbery!
Well it was seeming to look like I was in a Monty Python sketch...

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilyG View Post
Hi. I have the flu. Even though I got the flu shot a couple months ago.
may not be on the computer much as I try to recover. I'll see if I can find my tablet.
{{{{Midget}}}} feel better!

Quote:
I once blew out a flip flop
You stepped on a pop top?

Quote:
He made it to Raleigh and just called to say it’s getting cold there. He will for sure be headed back before the weekend when he said the real cold is due up there.
: waves : And it's supposed to be cold tomorrow.