Old 04-29-2018, 10:10 AM

Here's something kinda cool and fun. Mrs. Cups and I have an Instagram about Orlando (you'll recognize it as the one in my sig) and we've recently had one of the lesser-known referees from WWE start liking our wrestling pics. He started by liking a pic of ours from Impact forever ago and just now liked the one we did from the house show this past week. He was even at the show.

Our next goal is to do enough posts for him to actually follow us and then we'll message him the next time a show is about and see if we can get something cool out of it.
Old 04-30-2018, 08:27 AM

Looks like Sami Zayn was kept out of GRR for political reasons. He's a Syrian activist, and the Saudi Royals don't play that.

So he got replaced with Hornswoggle. If I was in the front row of RAM tonight, I'd have a sign pointing that out, purely for smark cred.
Old 04-30-2018, 08:36 PM

Ooooooh, Alexa Bliss has heat with the Tea Cups ride at WDW. "It's a cup. You sit in it."

Will our boy STC get in a feud with her?
Old 04-30-2018, 10:03 PM

KO: "Hey, I get a five count on my cheap shots!"
Old 05-01-2018, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowed Out View Post
Ooooooh, Alexa Bliss has heat with the Tea Cups ride at WDW. "It's a cup. You sit in it."

Will our boy STC get in a feud with her?
Not at all. I hate the teacups...that's where my nickname actually came from.

That promo was hilarious though, if factually incorrect. She said her trip to "the happiest place on earth" became a nightmare, but technically Disneyland in California is The Happiest Place on Earth. Disneyworld is "The Most Magical Place on Earth".

C'mon Alexa! You're telling me you've never done the Marcelline to Magic Kingdom Tour? Tsk. Tsk.
Old 05-03-2018, 05:24 PM

Personally, I'm not into it, but some of the women have taken their clothes off for Playboy (and selfies, more recently), so I guess I could give it a try.
Old 05-04-2018, 06:56 AM

That's what they all say...
Old 05-04-2018, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pope Caffeinus III View Post
Personally, I'm not into it, but some of the women have taken their clothes off for Playboy (and selfies, more recently), so I guess I could give it a try.
Really? I'm surprised about this. Women's revolution and all...
Old 05-04-2018, 10:12 AM

I don't see that happening.
Old 05-06-2018, 10:30 PM

That was bad. Like 0 / 10 bad.

I feel like running it down my garbage disposal, then running down some bleach after it. Then taking a shower and brushing my teeth.
Old 05-06-2018, 10:48 PM
Charter Member

One imagines Vince McMahon sitting backstage, unironically laughing his ass off at the notion of a man getting hit in the dick, and yelling at Creative to keep this angle going until either he dies or ticket sales do.
Old 05-07-2018, 09:03 AM
Charter Member

Miz/Rollins was really strong, but nothing that followed could top it. Much wasn't even close. And a match of nut shots sucks. It is such a horrible gimmick. But it was a championship match, so it should have been last. Instead, Joe does the predictable job to close the show. Maybe they figured the close should have a clear winner? What a waste.
Old 05-07-2018, 11:02 AM

and Charlotte loses by clean pin to Carmella after a sloppy spot.

Miz & Seth, Shinsuke and AJ were good. The Elias segment was pretty funny and made for a good break to keep the audience from forgetting the names of the midcarders.

Otherwise, watching wallpaper peel would have been preferable.
Old 05-07-2018, 11:11 AM

Saw the first hour and then it was Westworld time. I had the PPV on mute on my computer and I can tell I didn't miss much.

.com is reporting that Alexa Bliss hurt her shoulder though. I'm not too surprised because Nia kinda sucks as a wrestler (character-wise she's fine) and she doesn't know how to take care of her opponents. Plus this match up is just too unbelievable for me.

What's next? MiTB?
Old 05-08-2018, 08:49 PM

Corey Graves made a comic book reference when he said Aiden English looked like Spider Jerusalem. More nerd points for me.
Old 05-09-2018, 09:46 AM

Surprised they had DB lose clean with no Big Cass interference, but a ladder match is the LAST place I want DB right now.
Old 05-09-2018, 10:15 AM

If there's anybody who doesn't have their precious ego tainted by a loss to Rusev, it's DB. He's naturally good at getting underdog heat.

They were even chanting "Rusev Day" on RAM.
Old 05-09-2018, 06:22 PM

Anyone else watch the Bruce Pritchard stuff on the network?

Watched the Dibiase one (good but slow) and am listening to the Shawn Michaels one now. No need to actually 'watch', since they're not showing a lot other than a few pictures here and there, but worth listening to while doing other stuff.
Old 05-09-2018, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir T-Cups View Post
Surprised they had DB lose clean with no Big Cass interference, but a ladder match is the LAST place I want DB right now.
Right. And in order for Bryan to have support as an underdog, he does need to occasionally lose.
Old 05-09-2018, 06:52 PM

I will say that the sound on the Pritchard stuff is crap. I keep having to turn it up - to volumes where a TV program would be waking up my neighbors.
Old 05-09-2018, 11:36 PM
Charter Member

Haven't watched/listened to Prichard yet - I get all the "old guys talking about old-time wrestling" content I need from Jim Cornette's podcasts. Is he as funny/knowledgeable as Jim?

In other news, Chris Jericho is working for New Japan again. Next month at Dominion he'll be challenging Naito for the IC title, on a card that'll also feature Rey Mysterio's NJPW debut and Okada/Omega III (two out of three falls, no time limit). Should be a good one.
Old 05-10-2018, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smapti View Post
Haven't watched/listened to Prichard yet - I get all the "old guys talking about old-time wrestling" content I need from Jim Cornette's podcasts. Is he as funny/knowledgeable as Jim?
For the most part, yes, but goddamn, does that man take credit for everything.

He does an absolutely spot on Vince impression - a lot. For all we know it could be him voicing Vince half the time and we wouldn't know it.

But man, how often I would have been fired for telling Vince off in some of those stories. Like how he swore at Bruce and Pat Patterson and told them to never again mention the idea of Shawn Michaels being a face. Then later he's changed his mind and he's reaming them out in the car for not thinking of it and insulting the hell out of them. I would have locked up the brakes, hit the shoulder and let him have it.

But the one thing I did note was how he talked about how he and the top wrestlers all made the effort to develop personal relationships with Vince and how they kept pushing ideas when creative had nothing for them (basically in regards to people who complained about the Clique's back stage pull). It made me think of an article I'd read a couple of weeks ago where a main roster wrestler said he had never spoken to Vince - one of those guys who has never been given any kind of real push. I sure hope that person listened to Bruce.
Old 05-10-2018, 05:09 PM

Vince may have made some huge mistakes throughout his career (coughRomancough), but he's made some careers too. It pays to get on your boss's good side.
Old 05-10-2018, 05:55 PM

Dang. Here's a future Andre the Giant.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...aign=editorial
Old 05-11-2018, 09:14 AM

Had a great time at the taping last night. It was the second of the two tapings that happened (they must be going on tour soon) and I can't remember why I only bought this one but whatever.

I believe last night's shows were the ones that led immediately up to Takeover Chicago, so there were lots of times where the characters said "I'll see you in Chicago!" and I'd have to be like "Ok, guess that match is happening lol." Nothing super crazy or spoiler-y happened. There were 2 things of note, however:

Saw, for the first time, Caty Catanazzo (sp?). She's the famed American Ninja Warrior who signed with the company. Holy shit is that girl tiny! She was in a 6-woman tag match, so there wasn't a ton of time for her to work, but she did alright. Her best bit was her ring entrance because she climbed the turnbuckle like Spider-man and flipped in the ring. Her signature move is a gymnastics, uneven-bar-style flippy thingy into a head scissors. I don't see it lasting long, but not bad.

The second bit was that Ricochet pointed at me! Before we went into Full Sail I got Ricochet's new shirt (a miracle in and of itself because I HATE red). Mrs. Cups and I had GREAT corner seats right near the turnbuckle, which meant we got a lot of entrance poses. Ricochet stood on our buckle and noticed me standing and clapping for him. I grabbed the front of my shirt in a "yeah, I got your shirt buddy!" kind of way and he pointed at me in an "ok, I see you!" kind of way. I was definitely the only one in his shirt in my area so I'm really 97% sure it was me. I definitely want to watch that episode when it comes out next month. Lastly, he did a super kickass flip outside of the ring and I'll be damned if he isn't my favorite wrestler right now.

ETA: Forgot to mention that in the last house show we snagged tix to the next taping, which is the one right AFTER Chicago. I doubt any belts will drop/switch...but that should still be fun.

Last edited by Sir T-Cups; 05-11-2018 at 09:16 AM.
Old 05-11-2018, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimera View Post
Dang. Here's a future Andre the Giant.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...aign=editorial
I think I saw a clip of him in a football game. He looked like a standing whale. They used him for short-yard gains and TD runs. He just dragged defending tacklers with him like a Great White towing Remoras.
Old 05-12-2018, 06:27 PM
Charter Member

I just found out today that Progress Wrestling, one of the British Indies that WWE has been drawing on for the UK division, is doing a show in Seattle in August. It's a toss-up whether I'll be able to go what with my vehicle situation, but I'm certainly gonna try and snag a ticket if they don't sell out in 30 seconds.
Old 05-12-2018, 07:48 PM

Saudi Arabia arrested a Sheikh for criticizing pro wrestling.

Why do we do business with these people?
Old 05-12-2018, 08:01 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekedolphin View Post
Why do we do business with these people?
Because it's not every day someone pays you $50 million to put on a show in their country and covers all the expenses on top of that.
Old 05-13-2018, 07:50 AM

What did he say? Roman sucks?
Old 05-13-2018, 12:06 PM

And then of course, the tweet response in there, in Arabic, about how their religion is becoming all about appeasing the west and how their women are spoiling things with driving and wanting rights.

Last edited by Chimera; 05-13-2018 at 12:07 PM.
Old 05-13-2018, 05:52 PM
Charter Member

Tickets for All In went on sale today and sold out in just under an hour, which I think means the Meltz owes Cody a Coke.
Old 05-13-2018, 07:27 PM

Meltzer's accuracy has even missed the toilet lately.
Old 05-13-2018, 08:11 PM
Charter Member

Good: It sold out

Bad: It sold out to scalpers and StubHub is now the unofficial source for tickets
Old 05-14-2018, 07:43 AM

I was browsing YouTubes of wrestling podcasts and came across some interesting shows. Chris Van Vliet is a sports radio guy who interviewed Johnny Gargano outside his house in Orlando. Most of the NXT stars live in communities and hang with each other. Toward the end of the interview, he said "Let's break kayfabe for a moment and go inside." Gargano's living room was occupied by his wife, their dog, Tomaso Ciampa, his wife, and Matt Cross (Son of Havoc from LU). I think they probably plotted and planned their feud in the same living room. "Hmmm, how can I be an insufferable prick? I know, I can whack you with my crutch and push Candace down. Let's try it out!"

Next, I latched on to Sam Roberts "Not Sam" show. I'd seen him on the WWE PPV pre-show panels and thought he was some random mark they brought in to upsell the PPV, but he's actually pretty insightful and had some good pre-WM interviews with Luke Harper, AJ Styles, Braun Stroman, and Paul Heyman. Heyman was fucking hilarious and a thoroughly evil cunt. When Roberts was interviewing Aleister Black, Heyman was nearby on another show and got so loud, Roberts and Black had to wait till he got off his rant before continuing. He also had a good interview with RoH's "The Villain," Marty Scurrl. Scurrl said when he was a kid, the local wrestling promotion had their guys dress up like WWE stars and pretend to be them in matches. To get around copyrights and such, they'd announce them as "So-and-so as WWE's The Undertaker." Wonder if they were KOW (Knock-Off Wrestling)?
Old 05-14-2018, 10:21 AM

Quote:
I was browsing YouTubes of wrestling podcasts and came across some interesting shows. Chris Van Vliet is a sports radio guy who interviewed Johnny Gargano outside his house in Orlando.
6:28 - is that KO who comes off the escalator last on the right in the background?
Old 05-14-2018, 10:41 AM

Oh wait, that wasn't the one outside his house.
Old 05-14-2018, 11:48 AM

STC lives in Orlando, not I.
Old 05-14-2018, 08:51 PM

12 hours later, I realize he meant Kevin Owens.
Old 05-15-2018, 08:40 AM

I'll have to find this video and see if I recognize any locations...
Old 05-15-2018, 01:41 PM

This one.
Old 05-15-2018, 09:49 PM

Oooooh I wonder how borderline racially insensitive they'll get when they bring Bobby Lashley's "sisters" to Sami Zayn's segment on RAM. Are they going to be ugly prison bitches? Are they going to be sassy fat hairdressers? (Mmmmm Hm!) Or are they going to be KO and a couple of other heels wearing blackface and Whoopi Goldberg wigs? There's no way Vince is going to let this be anything less than tasteless. Mmmmm Hm!
Old 05-16-2018, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Oooooh I wonder how borderline racially insensitive they'll get when they bring Bobby Lashley's "sisters" to Sami Zayn's segment on RAM. Are they going to be ugly prison bitches? Are they going to be sassy fat hairdressers? (Mmmmm Hm!) Or are they going to be KO and a couple of other heels wearing blackface and Whoopi Goldberg wigs? There's no way Vince is going to let this be anything less than tasteless. Mmmmm Hm!
I don't see Vince allowing blackface, for one reason; somebody will find a way to take it out on Linda, and Trump could think that he could earn points with blacks by firing her from the Small Business Administration as a result.
Old 05-16-2018, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Don Guy View Post
I don't see Vince allowing blackface, for one reason; somebody will find a way to take it out on Linda, and Trump could think that he could earn points with blacks by firing her from the Small Business Administration as a result.
I think some of his 'independent contractors' might walk if he tried that too.

Though I could honestly see Michael Hayes suggesting it.
Old 05-16-2018, 08:23 PM

Well, I skipped RAW and Smackdown this week, but I'm watching NXT right now.

That 6 man match was pretty good.
Old 05-17-2018, 08:14 AM

Word is that NBC is going to pay a shitload for RAW (3x last year's contract) but allow Smackdown to go to the open market. I can't imagine a competitor will bid for the WWE B-show, so it probably stays somewhere in the NBC/Universal family, right?
Old 05-17-2018, 09:31 AM

SD was on USA, Spike, Syfy, and back to USA. AFAIK, SD ratings were always slightly lower than RAW's, but I think they topped RAW a few times while DB was GM.

I'd think DV, AJ Styles, Nakamura, Charlotte and Asuka would be top draws enough for NBC/Universal to keep it. Maybe NBCU is thinking Vince will let them have SD for a song.
Old 05-17-2018, 09:37 AM

My question in all of that is control of the roster. If someone is paying several times more for RAW than for Smackdown, this is going to lead to them having the leverage to demand that the biggest stars be on their show.

It will literally mark a huge gulf between the 'A' show and the 'B' show.
Old 05-21-2018, 06:16 AM

Mustafa Ali has been growing on me, and his cool meter gained about a zillion points. After losing at WM, he took on Buddy Murphy and made him look like a god. He recently took such a hard bump, he required 10 staples to keep his head from splitting open like a melon. Here he is with Ruby Riott, who would kill him to keep him from killing himself.
Old 05-21-2018, 04:26 PM

FOX is buying Smackdown for a gazillion dollars.

It might also change to Friday nights. That's a death time, usually. At least they won't cancel it if the ratings tank, for 5 years at least.