Old 08-09-2016, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyrate View Post
Well, yes. I'm just noting that if I was shooting in the direction of my daughter I'd have to be extremely sure that she wasn't going to accidentally end up in the line of fire.
That would add a HUGE amount of stress to an already stressful situation. I'm glad it turned out well.
Old 08-09-2016, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyrate View Post
They were "walking his daughter toward the home" and he shot at them? Either they were further apart than it sounds or there is a man with a high level of confidence in his aim.
It may be that he was able to position himself beside them where he wasn't having to shoot around his daughter. Maybe coming out of the garage as they went towards the front door. Complete speculation of course without more details.
Old 08-10-2016, 11:07 AM
Extrajudicial

In other news, Homeowner kills intruder
Quote:
At 4:38 a.m. Sunday, city officers responded to a report of a burglary in progress with shots being fired. When they arrived, they saw a man who had suffered multiple gunshot wounds, a news release indicated.

Their preliminary investigation indicated that the homeowner, Raul Munoz, 51, was awakened by his wife after she heard a banging noise coming from the front door, the release stated. Munoz told the officers that he had heard someone banging on the door and that the door frame began to crack, they said.

Munoz said an unknown male entered his home and began to rush him, the release reported. The man, identified Sunday as Jake Gould, 25, was taken to Medical Center Hospital and was later pronounced dead by medical personnel.
DGU with one death. I wonder how strong you have to be to break down a door unassisted. Hopefully long enough for residents to arm themselves.
Old 08-11-2016, 10:31 AM
Extrajudicial

In other news, New Details: Man recovering after being shot by Oriental store employee
Quote:
Witnesses told deputies that Bryant came into the store after banging on the front door several times. He then entered the store in an apparent rage and attempted to assault the two store employees. One of those employees retrieved a handgun from behind the counter and fired one shot, striking Bryant. That’s when Bryant fled the store.
DGU with no deaths. I think there's a big difference between large stores who typically have policies against their employees being armed and small stores where the owners decide for themselves that they are better off being armed.
Old 08-11-2016, 11:16 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bone View Post
I wonder how strong you have to be to break down a door unassisted. Hopefully long enough for residents to arm themselves.
Door frames are often poorly secured into the surround.

BTW please keep updating this thread.
Old 08-12-2016, 11:28 AM
Extrajudicial

In other news, Police: Marshall Co. man comes home to find person stealing, shoots him in the foot
Quote:
Arab Police say the incident happened at a home on Ruth Road. “The victim advised us that he received a call that someone was breaking into his residence,” Assistant Chief Shane Washburn says, “When he arrived at the residence, he found two male subjects there. One of the subjects had some of his property in his hands. The victim advised him to put the property down and he did.”

Police say when the homeowner looked in the thief’s vehicle, he told officers he saw more of his belongings. “So he advised him to stay there while he called the police,” Washburn explains, “During that time there was a brief altercation. The property owner discharged a firearm, and one of the suspects was shot in the foot.”
DGU with no deaths. I appreciate the language choice here..."The victim advised him to put the property down and he did.”
Old 08-14-2016, 05:31 PM
Extrajudicial

In other news, Gas station customer shoots robbery suspect after being hit by getaway car
Quote:
According to police, a customer walked out of the gas station, and as soon as he got to his car at one of the pumps, a man came up and tried to rob him.

The victim wrestled the robber; and police say someone driving a getaway car sped into the parking lot and hit the victim with the car. The victim the pulled out a gun and fired at the car as it tried to drive away.

“All of a sudden it’s very evident there were gunshots. They were ‘pop pop’ and then a car squealed away,” said witness Annie Sweeney.

One person inside the car was hit by the gunfire and was taken to the hospital. At that point, police took several people into custody. Detectives describe the incident as an attempted robbery gone wrong, and they don’t believe the victim and suspect knew each other.
DGU with no deaths. I'm not sure about shooting at a moving vehicle, but the fact pattern would dictate the best course of action.
Old 08-15-2016, 11:12 AM
Extrajudicial

In other news, APD: Man shot in leg; two bystanders held suspect at gunpoint
Quote:
Officers arrested a man who shot another man in the leg Thursday afternoon after two bystanders held him at gunpoint until police arrived, according to a spokesman for the Albuquerque Police Department.

Officer Tanner Tixier said 32-year-old Eugene Padilla and another man were fighting over drugs near the 7-Eleven at Wyoming and Candelaria NE when Padilla fired several rounds shooting the man and nearly striking several passersby.

When police arrived they found the victim had been shot in the leg, and two people were holding another man, later identified as Padilla, at gunpoint, Tixier said.
DGU with no injuries (from the DGU that is). Two people were able to detain until police arrived what appears to be a drug deal gone bad. Police simply cannot be everywhere.
Old 08-15-2016, 01:37 PM

Almost all of these demonstrate the truism that when seconds count, police are minutes away. Not faulting the police, they simply can't be everywhere, always.
Old 08-15-2016, 02:52 PM
One of Cecil's six friends
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Projammer View Post
Almost all of these demonstrate the truism that when seconds count, police are minutes away. Not faulting the police, they simply can't be everywhere, always.
Except that the vast majority of crimes that end with a positive gun use involve the police.
Old 08-15-2016, 03:09 PM
KB not found. Press any key
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fear Itself View Post
Except that the vast majority of crimes that end with a positive gun use involve the police.
Perhaps the point is that police were too far away to prevent the alleged drug dealer from shooting the guy he was arguing with and passersby.
Old 08-15-2016, 03:37 PM

Quote:
"Later, the police arrived and took statements. No charges against The homeowner are anticipated."
Old 08-15-2016, 04:01 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayaker View Post
"Later, the police arrived and took statements. No charges against The homeowner are anticipated."
Ha ha.
Old 08-15-2016, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Therefore the vast majority is good enough and the rest of us shouldn't concern ourselves with being responsible for our own defense in the face of violence?
Old 08-16-2016, 01:51 AM
Charter Member

Not when it endangers the the rest of us.
Old 08-16-2016, 10:54 AM
Extrajudicial

In other news, Resident shoots burglar in North Columbus
Quote:
Tony Kendrick and an unknown suspect forced an apartment door open after pounding and kicking it when a resident tried to just crack the door to see who it was.

Kendrick then pointed a gun at the first resident.

Another resident heard the noise from his bedroom, came out with a gun and shot Kendrick in the arm.

Kendrick and the other suspect then left the scene.
DGU with no deaths. The same lesson we learned as children - opening the door seems like a very bad idea if you don't know who it is. Intruder later found at hospital with gunshot wound and was arrested.
Old 08-16-2016, 11:20 AM

It's very interesting that I'm not seeing these stories as much in the National news. They use to pop up every week.

Local news still covers crimes deterred by weapon owners.

Really glad we have this thread to list and discuss these stories.
Old 08-17-2016, 11:14 AM
Extrajudicial

In other news, DA Won't File Charges Against Martinez Woman Who Shot Man In Fiance Brawl
Quote:
The Contra Costa County District Attorney's Office has declined to file charges against a woman arrested Saturday after she shot a man who was fighting her fiancé in Martinez.
Police said that the men fell into a plate glass window during the fight, which shattered the window and cut them.

Iverson then intervened by shooting the other man, police said.
DGU with no deaths. The most interesting thing about this story is that it occurred in CA in a county that doesn't issue permits. I'm curious how the shooter was able to carry. Contra Costa County has been accused in the past of issuing permits to those who donate to the sheriff's office.

In other news, Wheelchair-bound Georgia veteran shoots, kills intruder
Quote:
Eddie Frank Smith, 69, was at home in Monticello on Thursday about 9 p.m. when Andre Smith, 22, (no known relation), forced his way into Eddie Frank Smith’s home through a rear door, according to a media release from the Georgia Bureau of Investigation.

When Eddie Frank Smith went to investigate, Andre Smith lunged toward the resident, who shot the intruder once in the chest, according to the GBI.
DGU with one death. Without the firearm I would be surprised if the 69 year old person in a wheelchair would be any match for the 22 year old intruder.
Old 08-18-2016, 11:45 AM
Extrajudicial

In other news, Sampson County homeowner shoots machete-wielding burglar
Quote:
The incident started at a home on Honeycutt Road northwest of Clinton. The homeowner said two men were in the house, one armed with a machete.

The homeowner shot the machete-wielding man in the torso. The man and his accomplice ran away, got into a tan vehicle and drove toward High House Road, the release said.

The homeowner, who was not hurt, called 911 at 10:49a.m. and gave a description of the vehicle.
DGU with no deaths. 2v1 and the one prevailed, though he did bring a machete to a gun fight. Both robbers were found in their vehicle still and arrested.
Old 08-19-2016, 11:15 AM
Extrajudicial

In other news, Police: Homeowner Attacked While Doi...ts Man In Neck
Quote:
When police got to the home they saw the homeowner applying pressure to a gunshot to Claunch's neck. The homeowner, who is in his 70s, told police the man approached while he was doing yard work and punched him in the back of the head.

The homeowner said the man continued to beat him and even "mounted" him to hit him.

Officers said the homeowner was carrying a gun and fired a warning shot then fired another shot in the man's neck. Doctors performed emergency surgery on Claunch, and at last check, it's not clear if he is going to survive.
DGU with no deaths (yet). Apparently being drunk makes this person violent. It's great the person in their 70s was able to properly defend himself after being attacked.
Old 08-20-2016, 12:38 PM
Extrajudicial

In other news, Police: Would-be home burglar shot, killed in northeast Oklahoma City
Quote:
According to police, one of the men pointed a BB gun toward the resident, identified as Benjamin Tyrone Tomlin, 20, who then shot one of the suspects. The BB gun did not have an orange tip and looked like a real gun.

The man who was shot died after being taken to an area hospital with a gunshot wound to the abdomen.
DGU with one death. 3v1 and the one prevailed. Of course, the three brought a BB gun to a gunfight.
Old 08-21-2016, 12:33 PM
Extrajudicial

In other news, Night prowler shot in face
Quote:
The homeowner told police that he and his wife were asleep when he heard a loud crash. He grabbed his .38 special revolver and a flashlight and walked down the hallway to find a man, allegedly Juteau, holding up a crowbar in his right hand, threatening him with it. According to police documents, John Fleetwood Jr. fired three rounds and told police he thought he heard the prowler say, “Oh, God,” before running out the same glass door he had just broken through. Fleetwood told police he did not know the suspect.
DGU with no deaths. Brought a crowbar to a gun fight and got shot in the face as a prize. Even after that, he was able to resist arrest, fight with police, and be tased. He was "known to police".
Old 08-22-2016, 11:34 AM
Extrajudicial

In other news, Detectives rule downtown carjacking shootout as homicide
Quote:
The 27-year-old victim told police he was inside his truck outside the Flying Saucer restaurant, located in the 900 block of Spruce, near Busch Stadium, when the 20-year-old suspect, later identified as Tyrell Patrick, approached him and announced as robbery around 10:40 p.m. on May 30.

When the victim exited his vehicle, he grabbed his gun and fired shots at the suspect, who was inside the vehicle, striking him, causing the vehicle to crash.
DGU with one death and other injuries. 3v1 carjacking and while I wouldn't say the victim prevailed since he was shot and had his car stolen, of the three carjackers, 1 was killed, another arrested, and the third escaped.
Old 08-23-2016, 11:44 AM
Extrajudicial

In other news, Chainsaw vs. Gun: Alleged Road Rage Incident Gets Out of Control
Quote:
Salafia was allegedly involved in a dispute with another motorist. He exited his vehicle at a red light and approached another operator with a chainsaw in hand, according to police. He started the chainsaw and shouted racist slurs at the driver, a black male.

The man pulled out a legally owned handgun in an effort to stop Salafia from advancing, police said.

Salafia left the area, but police said he inadvertently cut himself on the chainsaw and left a blood spatter on the other driver's car.
DGU with no injuries (from the gun). Brought a chainsaw to a gunfight and quickly decided that was a bad idea. If I had to bet money I'd say there were drugs or alcohol involved.
Old 08-23-2016, 12:00 PM
Charter Member

Lots of people bringing the wrong tool to a gunfight. Should I blame failing school systems
Old 08-23-2016, 12:08 PM

Quote:
DGU with no injuries (from the gun). Brought a chainsaw to a gunfight and quickly decided that was a bad idea. If I had to bet money I'd say there were drugs or alcohol involved.
1. Getting the chainsaw out.
2. Starting the chainsaw.
3. Inadvertently cutting himself.

You would have to give me pretty steep odds to wager against you on the "drugs or alcohol" bet, Bone.

I clicked the link, expecting to see this was another example of "Florida man...". But, in this case, it was "Connecticut man...".
Old 08-23-2016, 12:15 PM

Quote:
In other news, Chainsaw vs. Gun: Alleged Road Rage Incident Gets Out of Control

Took a look at his Facebook page and on first glance he looks pretty normal. Huh.
Old 08-23-2016, 01:41 PM
Charter Member

I did not realize that there were rednecks in Connecticut.
Old 08-23-2016, 02:17 PM

I've waffled a lot today about whether or not to post this. It's not strictly relevant to the thread, and because this is one of the places where responsible gun owners hang out, it's probably quite redundant. Respectfully, I only intend this as a reminder for anyone coming over the Canadian border, and if the word gets passed to one person who might not have been thinking of it, well, it will be a message well sent.

After two recent incidents, the Canadian Border Services Agency has issued a press release reminding US travellers about Canadian gun laws.

Quote:
Canadian laws are different than US ones - as such the CBSA suggests you check before arriving at a Canadian port of entry. It is strongly recommended that you not carry your firearm when travelling to Canada and/or transiting through Canada to reach another US destination. However, should you choose to travel with your firearms, you must declare all firearms in your possession at the first Canadian designated port of entry. You must also have all the necessary permits and have your firearm appropriately stored.

Canadian firearm laws are clear - failure to declare any firearm may lead to seizure action, penalty, prosecution in a court of law; and may make you inadmissible to Canada. Your vehicle may also be seized and you will have to pay a penalty to get it back.
- taken from this press release. Please, feel free to pass this on to any gun owner you know who might be travelling to or through Canada.
Old 08-23-2016, 02:35 PM
Extrajudicial

It's always good to keep in mind. The gun owner is responsible for knowing and following the laws of the locality that they are in. I think some laws should be changed through the proper channels, but until that happens they should be followed.
Old 08-23-2016, 05:05 PM

91 year old defends himself at a Rite Aid drug store. Minor wound to the assailant.
http://www.detroitnews.com/story/new...ting/89104534/
Quote:
   “The suspect approached and began to act erratic. (The victim) told him he had a gun, he warned him three or four times and even had the gun pointed at him,” Campbell said. “But the suspect kept coming and pointed an unknown object at the victim.”

At that point, the victim opened fire, Campbell said.

The CPL holder went to the Eastpointe police station following the incident to give his statement, Campbell said. He is cooperating with authorities, who currently are treating the incident as self-defense. 
Old 08-24-2016, 11:48 AM
Extrajudicial

In other news, Teen killed in Byram shooting ID'd
Quote:
Cameron Jackson, 18, died after he was hit with one shot from an AK-47 when he entered a home in Byram armed with a handgun on Wednesday.

Samuel Parker Reed, 18, is charged with capital murder in the shooting after he and Jackson allegedly conspired to rob the 17-year-old male who lived at the home and shot Jackson.
DGU with one death. 2v1 and the one prevailed. The surviving robber is charged with capital murder. Here we have a 17 year old using an AK-47 (as reported) for home defense.
Old 08-25-2016, 09:23 AM
Extrajudicial

In other news, Robber dead in Easton after store clerk, thieves exchange gunfire
Quote:
About 10:50 p.m., Garcia and his accomplice opened the door to the Jiffy Food Stop store on Elm Avenue just north of Lincoln Avenue and pointed guns at the store clerk, who was behind the counter just inside the door. There were customers inside the store.

The clerk drew a gun, and one of the robbers fired a shot, missing the clerk. From behind the counter, the clerk returned fire and the robbers retreated.

No one inside the store was hurt. Deputies found Garcia dead outside the store with a gun near his body.
DGU with one death. 2v1 and the one prevailed. Another example that the aggressors even in superior numbers will not always prevail.
Old 08-25-2016, 10:20 AM

Restraining orders wiork!

Neighbor Confronts Armed Man Violating Restraining Order
Quote:
The neighbor told police he heard a couple arguing and went outside to see if anyone needed help. As he approached the couple arguing outside the home, the armed man, identified as 43-year-old Nicky Wilkinson, pointed a handgun at the neighbor. That’s when the neighbor drew his own weapon and fired.

The news release also confirmed Wilkinson’s wife filed a restraining order against him in February and that the “restraining order was active and the two were due in court this Friday, August 26.”
Oh wait. No, they don't.
Old 08-25-2016, 10:32 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Oh wait. No, they don't.
I wonder how the Wife feels about her neighbor.
Old 08-25-2016, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivorousplant View Post
I wonder how the Wife feels about her neighbor.
That did occur to me. But if someone pulls a weapon on me, those concerns become secondary.
Old 08-25-2016, 10:57 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
That did occur to me. But if someone pulls a weapon on me, those concerns become secondary.
Indeed.

I was thinking of quarreling couples trying to kill each other, a policeman arrives and both of them go after the officer.
Old 08-26-2016, 11:42 AM
Extrajudicial

In other news, Name of suspect killed by Wayne Co. homeowner released
Quote:
According to the Missouri State Highway Patrol, the home invasion happened on Tuesday afternoon, May 24 north of Highway 172 in Wayne County.

The homeowner's sister, Gail Webb, said this was their parent's house. She said her brother, David Lossos, lived there his whole life.

She said they never had issues with crime before.

According to the highway patrol, the suspect was shot while trying to burglarize a home near the Chaonia Landing area in southeastern Wayne County.
DGU with one death. Not much info on this one leads me to assume it's was straightforward.

In other news, Gainesville man holds thieves at gunpoint until police arrive
Quote:
Just 90 minutes after reporting the theft, Jackson took matters into his own hands.

"I hit my brakes," Jackson recalled. "They fell right in line like they were guilty. I hit my reverse lights, and it just played out. I pulled in with my .45, and I got their attention."

Jackson held the suspects at gunpoint until police arrived.

"'Bring me my tools, and you can go ahead and have a seat. Your rescue is on the way,'" Jackson recalled telling the thieves. "And I meant it. I didn't have any intention on using it. I just wanted their attention."

"We have been familiar with the subjects in the past," said Chief Phillips. "We're not looking at any charges with the displaying of the firearm. He was lawfully making an attempt to recover his property."
Not quite a DGU, but a positive story none the less where a victim was able to recover stolen property.
Old 08-28-2016, 08:23 PM
Extrajudicial

In other news, Beaumont robbery victim shoots suspect
Quote:
The intended robbery victim told police he was confronted by two men, one was wearing a bandana covering his face and armed with a handgun while the other suspect was wearing a grey hooded sweatshirt.

The victim fired several rounds at the suspect and the second suspect took off running. The investigation is ongoing.
DGU with no deaths. 2v1 and the one prevailed. Another example where aggressors even in superior numbers did not prevail.
Old 08-29-2016, 12:06 PM
Extrajudicial

In other news, MEDICAL MARIJUANA DISPENSARY MANAGER SHOOTS ARMED ROBBERS CLAD IN MASKS, BODY ARMOR
Quote:
The manager of a medical marijuana dispensary in Walnut Park opened fire on two armed men after he said the suspects tried to rob him.

The incident occurred at around 10:40 p.m. Tuesday in the 2400 block of Florence Avenue, according to the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department.

The store manager told Eyewitness News that the suspects barged into his business clad in body armor and with their faces covered, pointing assault rifles at him.

The manager said he had no other choice but to grab his handgun and shoot at the suspects, firing at least 10 shots in self-defense.
Authorities said both suspects were taken to the hospital to be treated for gunshot wounds, though their exact conditions were not immediately released.
DGU with no deaths. 2v1 and the one prevailed. Another example where even prepared aggressors in superior numbers did not prevail.
Old 08-29-2016, 01:54 PM
Charter Member

Body armor?
Old 08-29-2016, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Body armor?
Yeah, body armor - mostly vests but also more substantial ballistic-resistant items - is available from various sources, mostly online. Nothing illegal about it. Unfortunately, some determined criminals are buying it to improve their chances if they get shot at by would-be victims or police. These were serious armed robbers, or at least they wanted to be serious armed robbers, choosing a cash-rich business and wearing masks and body armor. Kudos to the business manager.

Last edited by Orwell; 08-29-2016 at 02:00 PM.
Old 08-29-2016, 02:34 PM

Quote:
In other news, MEDICAL MARIJUANA DISPENSARY MANAGER SHOOTS ARMED ROBBERS CLAD IN MASKS, BODY ARMOR

DGU with no deaths. 2v1 and the one prevailed. Another example where even prepared aggressors in superior numbers did not prevail.
I had to open the link to make sure it wasn't an old link. I know I remember this exact scenario within the last year. Attempting a dispensary holdup in body armor.
Old 08-30-2016, 09:25 AM
Extrajudicial

In other news, Far northeast Dallas business owner interrupts burglary with handgun; police find suspect at hospital
Quote:
About 4:30 a.m. Tuesday, four burglars pried open the doors of a business in the 10300 block of Plano Road, near LBJ Freeway in far northeast Dallas, police said.

The owner of the business, who was upstairs, heard the break-in and went downstairs, where he saw the burglars taking cash, police said. He shot a handgun at them, and they ran to a nearby vehicle and drove off.

About half an hour later, Jacolby Tremone McCoy was dropped off at Doctors Hospital at White Rock Lake with gunshot wounds, and hospital workers called police.
DGU with no deaths. 4v1 and the one prevailed. Another example where with modern medicine being shot was not fatal. Placement is key and a person can continue to be a threat after they are shot.
Old 08-31-2016, 09:19 AM
Extrajudicial

In other news, UPDATE: Would Be Robber Shot By Store Owner, Charged, Identified
Quote:
aveon Vogt, 22 has been arrested and charged with two counts of attempted murder, two counts of kidnapping, two counts of armed robbery and one count of possession of a firearm during the commission of a violent crime.
James Israel, the owner of Gamerz on Broad River Road tells News 19 that it was around 9:30 in the morning when the man came in to rob them. He says, "He was pointing a gun at me and the guy I was playing a video game with."

The robber took money from Isreal and one of his customers and then Isreal says he saw an opportunity, "He (the man) turned and was going to the other people. That's when I was able to get in my pocket and pull my gun out."
DGU with no deaths. Pretty straightforward on this one - it's difficult to control multiple people simultaneously and especially when one of them is armed.
Old 09-01-2016, 11:42 AM
Extrajudicial

In other news, Woman shoots estranged husband at Decatur home
Quote:
According to police, Vanessa said she shot her estranged husband, 30-year-old Mark Leffers, inside the home.

Officers entered the home and found Mark in a bedroom dead from a single gunshot wound. Police confirmed three children were inside the home at the time of the shooting.

Detectives with the Decatur Police Department's Violent Crimes Unit, Crime Scene Technicians, and Morgan County District Attorney Scott Anderson all arrived at the home and began an investigation.

During the investigation, Vanessa told officers she shot Mark in self-defense.

According to divorce documents filed by Vanessa, Mark has been involved in two standoffs with police.
DGU with one death. Terrible that the kids were home, but the estranged husband doesn't seem like a stand up kind of guy. Literally any more.
Old 09-01-2016, 12:24 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Terrible that the kids were home, but the estranged husband doesn't seem like a stand up kind of guy. Literally any more.
Military service, administratively discharged. Honorable? PTSD? Very sad, all the way around.
Old 09-01-2016, 01:01 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Military service, administratively discharged. Honorable? PTSD? Very sad, all the way around.
But Positive! nonetheless.
Old 09-02-2016, 09:23 AM
Extrajudicial

In other news, Hartford homeowner shoots intruder during attempted home invasion
Quote:
Hartford Police Chief Annie Ward said police officers responded to a home invasion and shooting between 11:15 and 11:30 p.m. on North Fifth Avenue.
“It was an attempted home invasion and the home owner shot the suspect,” Ward said.
Ward said the police investigation showed a man was apparently trying to enter the home through a window when the homeowner fired off a shot, wounding the intruder before he could enter the home. Ward said the intruder was shot in the upper chest, and has since been treated and released from a local hospital.
DGU with no deaths. Home invader shot in the upper chest and still able to be treated and released - another example where shot placement is key and that a threat may not be eliminated with a single shot.
Old 09-02-2016, 03:29 PM

Man fatally shot while stalking ex-girlfriend
Quote:
The suspect was recognized by Brooks as her ex-boyfriend, 55-year-old Robert Peak. Brooks previously moved out of another state in an attempt to get away from Peak, but he was apparently still able to locate her.

Peak was armed with a gun, as was Kim(acquaintance of woman). There was an exchange of gunfire between Kim and Peak, but Peak was the only one who was struck.
Apparently moving out of state wasn't an obvious enough hint.