Old 12-19-2018, 12:42 AM

ThelmaLou, I finally got back online to see you got my prezzies. I'm glad you love the scarf. I thought the colors were gorgeous together. I had the best time shopping for stuff and sending the cookbook on for new eyes. About the cookbook: it was my mother's and her fave recipe out of it was the wild rice soup, rich and delicious. Try that instead of the lutefisk. You really don't want to try the lutefisk; trust me on this. But have some hotdish too! We rely on it in winter.

I love this tradition. Hip hip hooray for Silvorange for organizing it!
Old 12-19-2018, 02:23 AM

I had a mutual Secret Santa one year - the gifts went to (and came from) Japan and was one of my favorites to put together. Mostly for the warm memories of The Other Shoe getting really involved for the first time - my giftee specifically wanted pickles & he had been playing around with making his own. The thought that someone, somewhere in the world, was without pickles was just too much!

I think this is the first year Vegemite AND Marmite both made an appearance, though.
Old 12-19-2018, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayT View Post
Oh my, Filbert, what a wonderful collection of presents! I was excited from the moment I saw the package; all the stickers indicating this came all the way from the UK! The package looked a little like it had been wadded up and stomped on, but mercifully nothing was broken.

The cup is wonderful; I don't know what magic plastic it's made of but it was totally unhurt. Very eco-friendly indeed.
Yay! It made it! I was starting to get worried...

The cup is actually bamboo, I'm impressed it made it intact if the package got squished.

I was intending to include a picture of the sheep, but the last few times I've been up there they've all been in another field or right up the top imitating white blobs. It's a tiny place, run by someone I know through beekeeping; they only sell at the farm gate and one wool shop, so it's very exclusive I buy eggs off 'em too sometimes, but I though better of posting those

I'm glad you liked it!
Old 12-19-2018, 07:06 AM
Charter Member

You can post (via this thread or the mail ) a pic of the sheep any time, Filbert, so keep on looking for photo ops! And wow, a bamboo cup. I think the yarn being partly inside the cup probably saved it, as the package was definitely squished. No surprise, though, thinking of how far it traveled.

Thanks for running this show, Silvorange, and for doing such a fabulous job of matching. I loved shopping for Canada and receiving from UK. Like traveling without the stress.
Old 12-19-2018, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir T-Cups View Post
Wowsers! I come home to a wonderful package by Miss Take
You're welcome!
Old 12-19-2018, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivalostwages View Post
I believe it found its way to me! You did sign the card with an itty bitty rocking chair.

I received:
* a very cute Viking ornament and he appears to be holding a spear, but I like to think it's a pencil.

* an adorable little wallet

*a wonderfully sparkly red travel hot/cold drink bottle with a kitty shape on it

*cute Christmas earrings

* a fascinating metal top (?) rather like the one in Inception, and I want to time it and see how long I can keep it spinning before it stops.

Thank you!

--viva
I'm glad you were able to crack the secret code! yes, Vikings were known to be fierce with pencils ala john wick. the earrings are Jensen originals. the top is very fun, I had to hide it from koritza while I was packing every thing up. your cats may enjoy it.

happy Christmas!
Old 12-19-2018, 08:54 AM

I got an enticing package from purplehorseshoe (sorry for the lag in acknowledging!) which I shall open Christmas morning. My Santee's gift will be sent today.
Old 12-19-2018, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampspruce View Post
txobbin, I'm so glad it arrived OK and I'm glad the extra $20 I slipped the USPS for timing it worked out...

OK, for a clue...

Bring me from the darkness of the night and into the sun on a morning bright. If you do this with great care, my secret power you'll become aware...

As I mentioned I forgot one of your prezzies so that'll be in the post this weekend, so you'll likely get that for a Ukrainian Christmas present...
Happy Holidays All!

Oh, and the Mexican marmalade from HMwas on my toast this morning and OMG is it good!
Hmm. Interesting. The mystery deepens. If it is glow-in-the-dark, it has not been sufficiently charged enough yet. That will be remedied by the weekend. If it is somehow the other way around.... then ??? Rainbow or irridescent? Give me a few more days to figure this out. Being on 12 hours and second shift isn't helping, tarnation!

"Both the December 25 Western Christianity Christmas Day and the January 7 Christmas Day of the Eastern Orthodox Church and Ukrainian Greek Catholic Churches following the Julian Calendar, are public holidays in Ukraine. With these two holiday dates the Ukrainian Christmas period lasts for an extended period,,,"
I like, I like!

The extra $ made the timing impeccable. Thank you
Old 12-19-2018, 09:01 AM

Okay, package update... Tracking says, "Attempted Delivery - item being held, addressee being notified". So if you haven't gotten your present yet, you might want to look to see if you've gotten notice from your post office. (I confess I am paranoid about this package because the last time that I shipped internationally for the SD Secret Santa, it was never clear if the package arrived.)
Old 12-19-2018, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnut View Post
ThelmaLou, I finally got back online to see you got my prezzies. I'm glad you love the scarf. I thought the colors were gorgeous together. I had the best time shopping for stuff and sending the cookbook on for new eyes. About the cookbook: it was my mother's and her fave recipe out of it was the wild rice soup, rich and delicious. Try that instead of the lutefisk. You really don't want to try the lutefisk; trust me on this. But have some hotdish too! We rely on it in winter.

I love this tradition. Hip hip hooray for Silvorange for organizing it!
Okay, on the lutefisk. I'm sure you're right about that.

I adore the cookbook. (And my other prezzies--the ones I haven't eaten.) And I especially like that the cookbook lists all the cookbooks that the recipes come from. I have a whole raft of these cookbooks (a subset of my 200+ cookbook collection), but they're from around here. Instead of recipes for wild rice, hot dish, and lutefisk, there are innumerable variations on King Ranch chicken, pinto beans, and enchiladas.

I'd really like to hear from the Vegemite/Marmite newbies... have you tried it yet? Do tell.
“Our government may at some time be in the hands of a bad man. When in the hands of a good man it is all well enough.” But “we ought to have our government so shaped that even when in the hands of a bad man we shall be safe.” Frederick Douglass

Last edited by ThelmaLou; 12-19-2018 at 10:43 AM.
Old 12-19-2018, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightly askew View Post
Okay, package update... Tracking says, "Attempted Delivery - item being held, addressee being notified". So if you haven't gotten your present yet, you might want to look to see if you've gotten notice from your post office. (I confess I am paranoid about this package because the last time that I shipped internationally for the SD Secret Santa, it was never clear if the package arrived.)
Sorry, sorry, I was away for a few days and I just got back last night...

I briefly considered leaving it until Christmas day, but I'll be away and besides, that would require self control

You'll be pleased to know the box arrived in immaculate condition- apparently they only stomp on things going out of the country, not in.

I've got a kitten gorgeous handmade purpley shawl/scarf, which must have taken ages to crochet. I'm thoroughly impressed; I've tried to learn to crochet twice and I've never managed anything bigger than a wobbly scarf for ants before getting frustrated and giving up.

I've never had a shawl before, why did no-one tell me how warm they are? I'm not taking it off until someone makes me.

That's not all though! I've also got an art print of a brain covered in mushrooms and plants. Pleasingly weird, and a fairly accurate portrayal of what my mind feels like...

Thanks so much slightly askew! It feels like Christmas has suddenly arrived, I've been all bah humbug 'til now!

And thanks Silvorange for organising it all again!
Old 12-19-2018, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filbert View Post
Sorry, sorry, I was away for a few days and I just got back last night...

I briefly considered leaving it until Christmas day, but I'll be away and besides, that would require self control

You'll be pleased to know the box arrived in immaculate condition- apparently they only stomp on things going out of the country, not in.

I've got a kitten gorgeous handmade purpley shawl/scarf, which must have taken ages to crochet. I'm thoroughly impressed; I've tried to learn to crochet twice and I've never managed anything bigger than a wobbly scarf for ants before getting frustrated and giving up.

I've never had a shawl before, why did no-one tell me how warm they are? I'm not taking it off until someone makes me.

That's not all though! I've also got an art print of a brain covered in mushrooms and plants. Pleasingly weird, and a fairly accurate portrayal of what my mind feels like...

Thanks so much slightly askew! It feels like Christmas has suddenly arrived, I've been all bah humbug 'til now!

And thanks Silvorange for organising it all again!
Hurray! It arrived! I am so happy that it got there. I am even happier (ecstatic even) that you like both gifts.

I often had one or more kitties on my lap while working on it, so I can't guarantee that there isn't a little cat fur worked in with it.

So glad that you liked the print. I thought it was quirky and fun, but I am bit odd (well, askew) in what I like.

Merry Christmas!

Thanks again to Silvorange!
Old 12-19-2018, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocking chair View Post
On the eve of st Nicholas day, a package arrived! That means I don't have to wait for Christmas to use the nifty stuff.

Thank you,sir t-cups! when I opened the box and saw the sticker, I thought, "oh, yeah, the sdmb comes through again". The print is lovely and will be on my wall very soon. The go cup is fantastic. It will go with me to work tomorrow. I have really cool straws that will go perfectly with it. The magnet is on the fridge. And I will be trying out the marshmallows with hot chocolate. I may even share with some of my family.

You did very well! Thank you very,very, much!
You're very welcome.

Merry Christmas!
Old 12-19-2018, 02:22 PM

Here's to you Silvorange!
“Our government may at some time be in the hands of a bad man. When in the hands of a good man it is all well enough.” But “we ought to have our government so shaped that even when in the hands of a bad man we shall be safe.” Frederick Douglass
Old 12-19-2018, 02:54 PM

Squeee!!! The mystery is solved! My Maneki Cat turns purple in the sunlight! Handmade and color-changing, how awesome is that?!? Totally awesome, swampspruce, totally.

ThelmLou, love your imgur homage to Silvorange, and agree!
Old 12-19-2018, 04:25 PM

That's great, ThelmaLou!
Old 12-20-2018, 01:50 AM

Ha, that IS well done. Worth clickin' the link, folks. (It's a visual gag. Very SFW.)

Oh, I found my UPS receipt w/the tracking number. I dunno, somehow that felt like it would help.
Old 12-20-2018, 02:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThelmaLou View Post
Nicely done, ThelmaLou.
Old 12-20-2018, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ioioio View Post
I hope my Santee has not despaired. I plan to mail the package on Monday. I'm making something by hand, and it has not been cooperating.
I had not despaired! It just arrived. The small dreamcatcher ornaments are already on my tree, the gorgeous large one will be hung up tonight, the lovely snow globe is snuggled cozily in with my other Xmas snow globes, and that itty bitty blind the heck out of a person flashlight is on my key ring.
Mayme thanks you greatly for the kitty treats. The postman made her hackles rise, but treats got her purring again.

Thank you!
Old 12-20-2018, 07:16 PM

Carnut, I opened the U Maple Me Berry jam tonight. I'm low-carbing, so slathering it on a ginormous slice of toast isn't in the cards at the moment. Instead I put a big tablespoonful on a scoop of plain Fage yogurt and added some blueberries and raspberries. It's a marriage made in heaven! The tanginess of the thick Greek yogurt and the sweetness of the jam--perfection.
Old 12-20-2018, 10:47 PM

I got a lovely lumpy package from Austin, Texas today! Don’t know who it’s from yet as the sender’s IRL name is on the return address. Will open it tomorrow once I have time to actually breathe.

Anticipation!
Old 12-20-2018, 11:13 PM

That's a PKG from ATX! Cool, Das Glasperlenspiel, enjoy!

(I have family in ATX, and nearby Pflugerville too. BBQ country.)
Old 12-21-2018, 08:40 AM

Ack! Holy ADD, Batman! Eyebrows of Doom, I was going through the box I had originally used to send all your gifts (before deciding padded envelopes were safer and less expensive), and I found the Clermont Lounge magnet I meant to send you! My story about Blondie probably made no sense at all to you.

I'll get it in the mail this weekend. I'll be, uh, a New Year's present!

Last edited by Slow Moving Vehicle; 12-21-2018 at 08:40 AM.
Old 12-21-2018, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txobbin View Post
Squeee!!! The mystery is solved! My Maneki Cat turns purple in the sunlight! Handmade and color-changing, how awesome is that?!? Totally awesome, swampspruce, totally.

ThelmLou, love your imgur homage to Silvorange, and agree!
. The plastic is UV sensitive so any UV source will turn it purple! Nice detective work.

Thelmalou, nice work!

Last edited by swampspruce; 12-21-2018 at 10:14 AM.
Old 12-21-2018, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampspruce View Post
. The plastic is UV sensitive so any UV source will turn it purple! Nice detective work.
Okay, I want to know what this is. I looked up Maneki cat-- it's one of those lucky cats that waves at you. But the color-changing thing? A link or something, please. It sounds too cool to do without.

Quote:
Thelmalou, nice work!
Thank you. And thanks, everyone.
Old 12-21-2018, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Okay, I want to know what this is. I looked up Maneki cat-- it's one of those lucky cats that waves at you. But the color-changing thing? A link or something, please. It sounds too cool to do without.

Thank you. And thanks, everyone.
I had to check back upthread, you were the one who mentioned imgur.
I have to run off to work right now, but tomorrow I will sign up for that and try to post pics. I hope I will be able to capture the color-changing aspect too.
Old 12-21-2018, 04:26 PM

Quote:
I had to check back upthread, you were the one who mentioned imgur.
I have to run off to work right now, but tomorrow I will sign up for that and try to post pics. I hope I will be able to capture the color-changing aspect too.
I meant a link to wherever you acquired this thing. Or is it something you created? Sorry if I'm missing something. Didn't sleep at all last night. (Long-ish story.)
Old 12-21-2018, 06:31 PM

all these gifts sound wonderful! Alas, I don't think I can make it to my post office this week I was going to try Saturday they open at 7:30am but I'm working that day. My next day off is the 29th, so hopefully can pick up my package then! (New Yr's day gift) I will call it.
Old 12-21-2018, 07:34 PM

Today I came home to a great big box of goodies from Sarabellum!

Last night I woke up in the middle of the night feeling incredibly nauseated and just had an awful night. Didn't sleep much and had a long enough day of work ahead of me today, so today was rough. I came home and wasn't expecting a package and voila, there it was sitting neatly next to our door inside the screened porch. I'm not generally one that gets super excited about much, but I was genuinely taken by surprise and excited to see this after the day I've had. So of course I was going to open it. No way was it going under the tree. I wanted to see what I got!

As soon as I opened the top of the box I was excited because I saw that there were multiple items, all wrapped neatly in different tissue paper. I went for the largest item first, revealing another equally sized item underneath it in the box. The very first thing I opened was a really cool pillow. It is square that is knit like a Christmas sweater or something with a house on the front that says "home for the holidays" and it even has a chimney that stands up on top of the pillow. Pretty cool!

Next I opened the one under it to reveal a "warm & snuggly super soft blanket". Another great Christmas item! And yes, it does feel super soft.

On the side were the smaller items that were wrapped. One contained a zip lock bag with 4 mini Captain Morgan spiced rum bottles. I don't drink............except for one time a year and it's now! I like putting a little rum in my soy nog (egg nog has lactose in it so that's out). Because I don't drink we never had any clue what kind of rum to buy and just bought the one with the cool bottle, something called Kraken. So now I have something else to try because the bottle of Kraken has been around for all three Christmases that we've celebrated thus far.

I opened another up to find a Christmas door knob hanger with a cute penguin and some jingling bells. (insert adorable penguin emoji here)

Finally, I got two little festive Christmas tins with candles in them. One is cinnamon, the other I'm not sure but it has a nice and clean scent. Oh, and there was a really pretty card in it from Sarabellum.

I saw your message earlier in the thread Sara about the hats and scarves you make and your trepidation over sending one to the guy that you got. I was that guy. I don't really wear hats and I've never worn a scarf as I find any fabric on my neck to be itchy. So your instincts were right in my case, though obviously not for some others, and clearly I would have appreciated the work you put into the creation. However, I just want to say that you really did something that was cool for me/us (including my wife here). We have a tree, and a few little things here and there that we add to as time goes by, but we literally had nothing like what you got us. No blankets, or pillows, or candles, or door hangers, none of that stuff. We clean houses and go to other people's houses and they often look so much more festive than ours, and now we just raised our game thanks to you! Thank you so much! Our third Christmas ever now has more festive cheer and this stuff will be used every Christmas hereafter.
Old 12-21-2018, 08:18 PM

Quote:
That is the best! Thank you! I keep worrying that everybody will be mad that I haven't been participating in the thread and keeping up, and it is so lovely to come back to the thread and see everyone saying nice things and having a good time. I'm having trouble keeping up with life this year. I don't even have a tree up! I did send out a package on Monday which should arrive tomorrow (two, actually, because someone missed the deadline entirely and I couldn't reach her to get her squeezed in properly).

Ok, now to update. As always, let me know if it's wrong, as it is easy to miss things sifting through the threda..

1. Slow Moving Vehicle-->Eyebrows 0f Doom
2. Baker--> Rhiannon8404
3 ThelmaLou -->Baker
4. purplehorseshoe-->freckafree
5. MissTake-->Sir T-Cups
6. FairyChatMom-->ioioio
7. swampspruce-->txobbin
8. Nayna-->
9. carnut--> ThelmaLou
10. peedin
11. FloatyGimpy-->
12. vivalostwages-->Silvorange
13. rocking chair-->vivalostwages
14. slightly askew-->
15. freckafree
16. justanothermike-->slowmovingvehicle
17. Kimstu-->Bullitt
18. ioioio-->MissTake
19. Filbert-->kayT
20. Bullitt-->Kimstu
21. harmonicamoon-->swampspruce
22. BeeGee-->
23. BludgeonMeSoftly-->purplehorseshoe
24. Sir T-Cups-->rocking chair
25. kayT -->EmilyG
26. Rhiannon8404 -->FairyChatMom
27. Sarabellum1976-->justanothermike
28. Silvorange-->
29. Emily G -->Nayna
30. Das Glasperlenspiel -->slightly askew
31. Eyebrows 0f Doom-->BludgeonMeSoftly
32. txobbin-->
33. smokey78

Received with sender still secret: carnut, Das Glasperlenspiel
Old 12-21-2018, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justanothermike View Post

...<snip>...

We have a tree, and a few little things here and there that we add to as time goes by, but we literally had nothing like what you got us. No blankets, or pillows, or candles, or door hangers, none of that stuff. We clean houses and go to other people's houses and they often look so much more festive than ours, and now we just raised our game thanks to you! Thank you so much! Our third Christmas ever now has more festive cheer and this stuff will be used every Christmas hereafter.
Justanothermike, it's been said before, but bears repeating: seeing how much fun you and Mrs. Mike are having is soooo much fun to witness! When I read your posts, my face just freezes into the biggest smile. (Hope you're feeling better.)

Last edited by ThelmaLou; 12-21-2018 at 09:26 PM.
Old 12-21-2018, 09:32 PM

I sent my package quite a while ago but haven't heard anything from my giftee. Starting to get worried! Also we've had a huge storm here and power has been out for over 24 hours. I'm holed up in a hotel (with my budgies!) so it may be another day or two before I get to the post office to pick up my package.
Old 12-21-2018, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeGee View Post
Package mailed today. Hope it gets there soon. There's a cat but no holes.
There are two cats! One in the form of a cat-shaped defurrier (always a necessity in this house), the other is a wonderful hand-embroidered tea towel! It features a cheerful kitty multitasking three of my hobbies - knitting, crocheting, and sewing!

Also in the package were postcards of Old South Austin and Jeremiah the Innocent (a well-known graffiti mural in Austin). There was a tin of peppermints featuring another well-known Austin mural, “I Love You So Much”. And a pin with the design of the logo on the old City of Austin Power and Light building.

The cats appreciated the tissue paper wrapping and are parading around the house dragging and bragging about their sparkling chase balls!

Thank you, BeeGee! I love everything! Thank you, Silvorange, for organizing this - count on me for next year!

Last edited by Das Glasperlenspiel; 12-21-2018 at 09:43 PM.
Old 12-21-2018, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloatyGimpy View Post
I sent my package quite a while ago but haven't heard anything from my giftee. Starting to get worried!
Me, too! Feeling so sad - can mail really take this long (almost three weeks)? Is it definitely lost? My poor giftee.
Old 12-21-2018, 11:10 PM

I got a package from Vancouver with cougar snot soap, some cat toys, mints, and something else that I don't remember because ten minutes after I opened it, I got the news that my mother fell and broke her pelvis. My super rushed trip to west Texas, back to Austin, and now back in West Texas again has erased my memory. After I got here, I discovered that my dad has Alzheimer's that my parents were hiding from us. So moms in a rehab facility. Dad is in assisted living. And I have about ten days after Christmas to find them permanent assisted living in Austin while my mother heals. The only bright star in this mess is that my parents have agreed to come to Austin where I will be near.

So thank you for the gifts, I will elaborate further when I get home.

Der Glasperlenspiel, I found the gift tag and two other items on my desk after I sent the box, so you may expect a little mid winter blues packet off I ever get home and regain my sanity.
Old 12-22-2018, 12:12 AM

Quote:

Last night I woke up in the middle of the night feeling incredibly nauseated and just had an awful night. Didn't sleep much and had a long enough day of work ahead of me today, so today was rough. I came home and wasn't expecting a package and voila, there it was sitting neatly next to our door inside the screened porch. I'm not generally one that gets super excited about much, but I was genuinely taken by surprise and excited to see this after the day I've had. So of course I was going to open it. No way was it going under the tree. I wanted to see what I got!

As soon as I opened the top of the box I was excited because I saw that there were multiple items, all wrapped neatly in different tissue paper. I went for the largest item first, revealing another equally sized item underneath it in the box. The very first thing I opened was a really cool pillow. It is square that is knit like a Christmas sweater or something with a house on the front that says "home for the holidays" and it even has a chimney that stands up on top of the pillow. Pretty cool!

Next I opened the one under it to reveal a "warm & snuggly super soft blanket". Another great Christmas item! And yes, it does feel super soft.

On the side were the smaller items that were wrapped. One contained a zip lock bag with 4 mini Captain Morgan spiced rum bottles. I don't drink............except for one time a year and it's now! I like putting a little rum in my soy nog (egg nog has lactose in it so that's out). Because I don't drink we never had any clue what kind of rum to buy and just bought the one with the cool bottle, something called Kraken. So now I have something else to try because the bottle of Kraken has been around for all three Christmases that we've celebrated thus far.

I opened another up to find a Christmas door knob hanger with a cute penguin and some jingling bells. (insert adorable penguin emoji here)

Finally, I got two little festive Christmas tins with candles in them. One is cinnamon, the other I'm not sure but it has a nice and clean scent. Oh, and there was a really pretty card in it from Sarabellum.

I saw your message earlier in the thread Sara about the hats and scarves you make and your trepidation over sending one to the guy that you got. I was that guy. I don't really wear hats and I've never worn a scarf as I find any fabric on my neck to be itchy. So your instincts were right in my case, though obviously not for some others, and clearly I would have appreciated the work you put into the creation. However, I just want to say that you really did something that was cool for me/us (including my wife here). We have a tree, and a few little things here and there that we add to as time goes by, but we literally had nothing like what you got us. No blankets, or pillows, or candles, or door hangers, none of that stuff. We clean houses and go to other people's houses and they often look so much more festive than ours, and now we just raised our game thanks to you! Thank you so much! Our third Christmas ever now has more festive cheer and this stuff will be used every Christmas hereafter.
Oh my gosh, I am SO GLAD to hear that! I just had a feeling that a hand-crocheted scarf or hat was not going to be the thing this year.

And yeah, I was imagining a certain lack of Christmas decor, seeing as you've not been accumulating that type of stuff for a lifetime. I was trying to include some Christmas-y item to appeal to each of the senses.

The Captain Morgan does make good eggnog. (Haven't tried soynog yet, lol.) Also try mixing it up with Coke or Dr. Pepper for a simple spicy-sweet something to sip. Always reminds me of the holidays!

Best holiday wishes to you and your wife. Glad you enjoyed your box! =)
Old 12-22-2018, 02:16 AM

Holy crap, BeeGee! Uh ... yeah, I got nuthin' witty. That's a pile of suck. {hugz}
Old 12-22-2018, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Justanothermike, it's been said before, but bears repeating: seeing how much fun you and Mrs. Mike are having is soooo much fun to witness! When I read your posts, my face just freezes into the biggest smile. (Hope you're feeling better.)
That's a fantastic sentiment, but do you have to use the word "witness"? Lol. Just messing around. Thanks for the kind words. It is fun to finally get to experience these things. I see some people get so worked up and have so much drama surrounding the holidays and family and perhaps getting to do this as an adult without strings attached by family that shuns us has its benefits. No toxic drama, just joy. It's a shame that we can't enjoy it for the first times with them, but few things are all good or all bad and we try to find the good in life.

Oh and thanks, I am feeling better today.
Old 12-22-2018, 06:57 PM

I got my prezzies!

And oh my WOW, Silvrorange sure went all out!

Thank you, thank you, thank you for such a wonderful box of goodies!

Five delicious skeins/hanks of fancy yarn that I would never treat myself to, but I already know exactly what I'll be making with this gorgeous stuff. It is kind of wine red with filaments of other colors running through it. I'm pretty well-versed on yarn, but I'm unable to immediately identify what kind of blend it is.

And then a box of... chocolate truffles! Oh my goodness, they look and smell amazing! I can't wait to try some of them.

Some cat finger puppets! An orange tabby, Russian Blue, tuxedo, and Siamese kitties to play with! They're so adorable!

Apple-pie scented soap, of the hand-made, luxury variety. And a ginger and nutmeg-scented candle.

What a sweetheart you are, Silvrorange, to go to so much trouble for me. I love all of it! You're the bestest!
Old 12-22-2018, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarabellum View Post
I got my prezzies!

And oh my WOW, Silvrorange sure went all out!

Thank you, thank you, thank you for such a wonderful box of goodies!

Five delicious skeins/hanks of fancy yarn that I would never treat myself to, but I already know exactly what I'll be making with this gorgeous stuff. It is kind of wine red with filaments of other colors running through it. I'm pretty well-versed on yarn, but I'm unable to immediately identify what kind of blend it is.

And then a box of... chocolate truffles! Oh my goodness, they look and smell amazing! I can't wait to try some of them.

Some cat finger puppets! An orange tabby, Russian Blue, tuxedo, and Siamese kitties to play with! They're so adorable!

Apple-pie scented soap, of the hand-made, luxury variety. And a ginger and nutmeg-scented candle.

What a sweetheart you are, Silvrorange, to go to so much trouble for me. I love all of it! You're the bestest!
I'm so glad you like everything! The yarn is sari silk.
Old 12-22-2018, 07:22 PM

Well that'd be it, lol... I've never had any silk yarn or even silk blend. Thank you again; it is completely gorgeous and I already have a project in mind for it.

I think it will make a lovely shawl/pashmina, loosely done in the linen stitch. Gorgeous, gorgeous stuff. You've spoiled me rotten!
Old 12-22-2018, 08:00 PM

Quote:
That's a fantastic sentiment, but do you have to use the word "witness"? Lol. ...
OMG! I m SO sorry. Holy shit. I am speechless at my own ineptitude and lack of sensitivity. I only have one defense: Da debbil made me do it! My face is seriously red.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarabellum View Post
...Five delicious skeins/hanks of fancy yarn that I would never treat myself to, but I already know exactly what I'll be making with this gorgeous stuff. It is kind of wine red with filaments of other colors running through it. I'm pretty well-versed on yarn, but I'm unable to immediately identify what kind of blend it is.

Apple-pie scented soap, of the hand-made, luxury variety. And a ginger and nutmeg-scented candle. ....
See, now this is the kind of post that demands pictures. Okay, I can picture truffles, soap, and candles, but I want to see the kitty cat finger puppets and I want to see them now! <Stomps dainty foot!>

And boyohboy, a picture of the shawl you wind up making out of that yarn would be a huge bonus...

Last edited by ThelmaLou; 12-22-2018 at 08:01 PM.
Old 12-22-2018, 08:09 PM
Charter Member

I got an exchange from Silvorange once, and "going all out" is just the term for the gifties I got.
Old 12-22-2018, 11:33 PM

Quote:
OMG! I m SO sorry. Holy shit. I am speechless at my own ineptitude and lack of sensitivity. I only have one defense: Da debbil made me do it! My face is seriously red.
I hope you saw the next sentence where I said "just messing around", because seriously there is no sensitivity there whatsoever. I just thought it was funny. I'm not one of those people that runs around looking for reasons to be outraged, I just like easy jokes.

Quote:
I want to see the kitty cat finger puppets and I want to see them now! <Stomps dainty foot!>
THIS^, 1000 times THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Old 12-23-2018, 12:33 AM

https://imgur.com/a/zAUJTUs

If I did it correctly, here are images of the hand towels and the Maneki Cat, in regular form and UV purple.
Old 12-23-2018, 08:24 AM
Charter Member

Quote:

If I did it correctly, here are images of the hand towels and the Maneki Cat, in regular form and UV purple.
Oh wow, thanks for the pix. I need that cat.
Old 12-23-2018, 09:29 AM

Quote:
I hope you saw the next sentence where I said "just messing around", because seriously there is no sensitivity there whatsoever. I just thought it was funny. I'm not one of those people that runs around looking for reasons to be outraged, I just like easy jokes.
I got that you weren't all that upset. I was irritated at myself. No harm, no foul.

Quote:

Oooooo. The towels are so darling. Love the colors. And the bunny is the sweetest thing.

But that color changing kitty! Fantastic!

If that was your first time at imgur--WTG!
Old 12-23-2018, 09:56 AM

Aww thank you ThelmaLou!

swampspruce, my kitty is a huuuuge hit! Do you take orders??
Old 12-24-2018, 06:52 PM

I got my package from txobbin! But I won't be opening it till tomorrow.
Old 12-25-2018, 09:04 AM

On the first day of Christmas, purplehorsehoe gave to me...

Five awesome Texas things (chocolate and vodka!)
Four pairs of earrings
Three colorful candles
Two lovely bracelets
And a blue-green sparkly ruffled scarf!

(And a scalp massager that didn't fit in the song, but I don't have one and know I'll use it!)

The bracelets fit perfectly. I'm wearing the green pair of earrings right now. The scarf -- well, sparkly AND blue/green/turquoise. Doesn't get much better than that. I think the candles will go to my little meditation space (where I will heed your stern advice and NOT burn my house down). The chocolate and vodka will not last the day, I'm sure.

Oh, and the jewelry, scarf and candles are all handmade by purplehorseshoe herself. (Almost typed "herelf." Freudian typo!)

Merry Christmas and thank you so much for all the goodies!

Last edited by freckafree; 12-25-2018 at 09:05 AM.