Old 01-23-2019, 08:41 AM

I almost didn't take Ripple to daycare, the back sidewalk is very icy.
However, he was all excited about going out and I hated to disappoint him. Of course, once we got to the daycare all excitement was gone.
I parked out front so I didn't have to navigate the ice, I hope it's all melted by the time I have to go back out.
Old 01-23-2019, 09:57 AM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Mooooooommm

Raining outside and according to the weather-folk and the NWS radar, it's going to be raining most of the day. So good thing I went out last night and paid the gas bill. 51F this morning and supposed to get close to 60F, so there is that.

Today will be solving puzzles in the paper and reading my newest two volumes of Schlock Mercenary that came in the mail yesterday.

All you ice-bound people take care now.
Old 01-23-2019, 10:05 AM
KB not found. Press any key
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stainless Steel Rat View Post
HAPPY BIRTHDAY Mooooooommm

Today will be solving puzzles in the paper and reading my newest two volumes of Schlock Mercenary that came in the mail yesterday.
I just began reading that on the web.
Old 01-23-2019, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivorousplant View Post
I just began reading that on the web.
Might take you awhile, but I became a fan about 8 years ago. LIke wine, it only gets better (IMHO).

Need to obtain sustenance now.
Old 01-23-2019, 11:20 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Lunch break - running late again. CREO sucketh mightily. I wanna go home!!!

Carry on.
Old 01-23-2019, 11:45 AM

Happy Mooooommmmmday!

Back early from skool- one of the teechers cancelled the last class.

We're getting a touch of sleet, I believe there's snow up country, but as I guessed, nothin' down here.
Old 01-23-2019, 11:49 AM

Happy birthday, Moooommmm!

My boss is killing me. The previous writer (the one I was hired to replace) did a shitty job on the manual, and I'm still too green to know that it was a shitty job. (I just don't know the equipment well enough to know stuff is missing.) Now she's all over me with "Change this! Change that! This is all wrong!" She knows I'm still learning the equipment, and I need the guidance to know it's wrong, but she's going about it in a way that feels like she's blaming me for thinking it was right.

I'm so done with today... and it's not even noon.
Old 01-23-2019, 11:55 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Juliet - I know how you feel, but sadly this is one of those things where you just have to bite the bullet and deal with it. It's a learning experience, right? Hang in there - you'll be an expert before you know it.
Old 01-23-2019, 12:21 PM

Dinner plans changed, now we are having meatballs.
Is okay, the porkchops won't spoil overnight, they may not even be thawed yet.

The sun is shining and the snow/ice is melting.
I think I'll still go get the brat before dark.

My son's text books came today, so he is ready for school to start Moonday.
Well, he probably isn't ready, but he has everything he needs.

Juliet, I always used bad bosses as an example of how not to be when I became boss. Nt that I ever did, I never wanted to be a boss. No thank you.

I had a customer yell at me the other night and tell me I don't know what I'm talking about. Called me back last night to apologize, I was right.
I love it when that happens.
Old 01-23-2019, 01:16 PM

And now I'm getting harsh emails from my daughter's girl scout troop leader about freaking cookie sales. My daughter will be gone all of spring break, including both weekends before and after. I told her as much. When she wrote it down in her notes, she forgot the weekend at the beginning. I didn't catch that when she asked us to verify the availability. We both made mistakes. Now she's getting all crabby with me because she signed my daughter up to sell cookies at a booth that first weekend and she can't make it. I'm offering to bring her back early that second weekend to make it for the second booth. Fine, I'll leave at 4 am to get back to town by 11. Get off your freaking high horse, lady.

I think I'm going to hide in the bathroom and cry for a little bit at lunch today.
Old 01-23-2019, 02:56 PM
born to be shunned

Just cruising by to check here and the DeathPool; both among my favorite places. I did go in Sunday and it was bad in a good and funny way --- for me. For the bosses not so much so. Over 40% no-shows and we did the evil of rolling over volume yet again. This as well will go on their Permanent Record. Monday was brutal and we mostly caught up and yesterday sealed it so we can get more snow tomorrow and screw the pooch yet again. A big issue has been getting the trailers on the door. The lines in the parking lot have been painted twice in three years -- in the truck yard not at all. To paint new lines they would have to reduce volume for a couple days and pay more to have half painted at a time. Our yard crew (common associates like me whose assigned task is backing 53' trailers around) complained and begged all year for new lines to no avail so guess what? They aren't stressing out over all this. One trailer Monday night took almost an hour to get on and positioned so it could be safely worked in. I have worked pretty hard, I have had a LOT of fun mostly laughing at the "we told you so" moments and we'll let history figure it all out later. Well its almost time for another day of adventure to begin.
Old 01-23-2019, 02:57 PM
born to be shunned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenata67 View Post
Happy birthday, Moooommmm!
Almost missed it! Same here dear-heart!
Old 01-23-2019, 03:05 PM
Charter Member

Howdy Y'all! I procured provisions and they are all stowed where they live until they get et up. Shrimpies and spareguts for tonight's sup were among the items procured. I await the arrival of my laptop. Apparently I must sign for it when it is delivered. Tomorrow I get to hang around until meds arrive. FedEx has me at their mercy!
Old 01-23-2019, 03:25 PM

Didn't sleep well last night. Gibbs was sick. Threw up about a dozen times. Always on the rug, 'cause tradition must be observed. Still doesn't want to eat anything this morning, but seems a little perkier, and not vomiting anymore, so far.

*blurf*

Oh, and Happy Birthday, Mom!!!
Old 01-23-2019, 03:42 PM

Happy Birthday Mooommmm!

Things have been hectic and screwy lately. 'Beamette is going into the hospital next week for treatment for issues relating to her migraines last year. There's other stuff going on too. I'm not posting much because I think there will be a lot of blueness and I don't want to make you all deal with it.

Hugs to everyone. I am here but silent.
Old 01-23-2019, 04:41 PM

Happy birthday Fcm i'm waiting for my trip to the dungeon erm I mean gym

Wish it was a certain dungeon I knew of at least at that one you got a view of a certain Latina redhead in a very thin catsuit that would purr as you were tortured. ....

I miss a lot of my misspent youth
Old 01-23-2019, 05:05 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Thanks for that happies - I can use them. Daughter has pneumonia, and SIL would rather play his video games than entertain his daughter. I used to think he was a good dad - now, not so much.

I stopped to get wonton soup and hot-n-sour soup on the way home for the sickies (FCD is feeling punky, too.) They're all asleep, so I'll feed the dogs and eat alone. Yep, happy birthday to me.
Old 01-23-2019, 05:55 PM

Get well FCM's family!

My boss came back after lunch and a meeting and kinda-sorta apologized for her tone. It was along the lines of "I know you didn't write these instructions, and I know you're still learning the machines. I'm kind of shocked that the previous writer messed up so much stuff and that shock came out the wrong way." Still a stressful situation, though.

Tomorrow is my MRI to see if my brain is falling apart. I think it is.
Old 01-23-2019, 06:36 PM

Happy Birthday Moommm !

I had a day that’s for sure. Yesterday hubby had a skin cancer cut out of his arm. This morning he was bleeding so bad I had to call the Doc at 0700 and he went back for double stitching then did not do as ordered which was come home and take it easy. Around lunch he called and was bleeding again and heading back to the Dr. Again he was told to come home and sit around for the rest of the day which he finally did to give this thing a chance to scab over.

Mooommm you are better than me as I would tell SIL exactly what is expected of him while his wife is sick. I just don’t have any filter anymore. Ain’t nobody got no time for such foolishness. Anyway, I hope daughter feels better soonest.

Last edited by Buttercup Smith; 01-23-2019 at 06:38 PM.
Old 01-23-2019, 07:15 PM

Happy birthday Mooooooom!

Juliet, while it was a slap in the face when it happened, at least your boss was self aware enough to realize it and apologize.

{{{gibbs and bumba}}} I hope that the little guy is feeling better soonest.

I got the first light bill that I owed anything on since September. It was for a whopping $6.16. I should be so lucky for the rest of the winter. The electric co-op refunded my deposit and it took this long to use it up. I think that it was likely close to a wash for them to process financially.
Old 01-23-2019, 07:51 PM
Charter Member

Howdy Y'all! I am postin' on my laptop. YAY! It showed up about five-thirty and I have been gettin' things set up right again. Also, I had to reinstall Norton. Gotta fight off them viruses! Anywho it seems to be workin' fine. YAY! I am sure there are things I will still need to do however.

[b]{{{Sunny}}}[b] we're here if you need us. Hope everything goes well with Beamette and with the other stuff as well.

Bumba Give Gibbs skritches from his Unca swampy.

MOOOOOOM hope all the sickies are better soonest.
Old 01-23-2019, 07:57 PM

Juliet best wishes for tomorrow. I hope the MRI helps them get a diagnosis. {{{hugs}}}
Old 01-23-2019, 08:16 PM

I ended up making pork chops and fart blossoms for dinner. The meatballs were lunch. Now I have lots of food in the fridge and shouldn't have to cook for a few days.

All the ice out back melted except for a few shady patches in front of the shed. The shed has an overhang though so I can walk up close to it where the ground is dry.

Ripple was so happy to come home, and he approved of the pork chops and fart blossoms. I wasn't going to share the fart blossoms but he wants them too.

My son, sometimes I wonder about him... He eats his meatballs on a roll and since the rolls had been in the freezer and weren't quite thawed all the way, he thought a good way to warm them was to hold them over the steam coming out of the dishwasher. It didn't occur to him that if the steam smells like soap it would make the rolls taste like soap.
Now he knows.

I never got a nap in today and I am feeling it now.
I went through a big box in the middle bedroom, no idea where the stuff came from, it's not mine. Althought it might be from a crafter friend of mine who dropped off some stuff years ago, but that was an orange container and this one is clear. Anyway, tons of ribbon, paper and card stock, and stickers, and bows, all kinds of little doodads to put on things, a mess of stamps (no ink though). I have enough crafting stuff to last longer than I will. The box was so heavy I coud barely slide it across the rug. I put all the paper stuff in a different box and moved all of it to the cat room, which I hope I can set up for crafting. If I ever have time for it.
I should probably just give it all away.

I hope {{{FCDaughter}}} feels better soon, and give SIL a whap on the head.

Butters, you should probably give your husband a whap too.

Hope all goes well with you Juliet, and with Beamette and that Gibbs is better.

Congrats Swampy on having a puter again.

Last edited by Sahirrnee; 01-23-2019 at 08:19 PM.
Old 01-23-2019, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyChatMom View Post
Thanks for that happies - I can use them. Daughter has pneumonia, and SIL would rather play his video games than entertain his daughter. I used to think he was a good dad - now, not so much.

I stopped to get wonton soup and hot-n-sour soup on the way home for the sickies (FCD is feeling punky, too.) They're all asleep, so I'll feed the dogs and eat alone. Yep, happy birthday to me.
it sounds like the" new kitten stage" is over for sil and now theres actually work involved hes mostly over it until he gets in the mood ..

I don't normally doom someones relationship but I don't see that one surviving if/when they move out ..
Old 01-23-2019, 08:49 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

They've been together almost 8 years and honestly, I don't get it. She has a history of rescuing broken guys, tho she did have the good sense to divorce one. She's 33, so it's her life. But I don't understand at all...

Tahred. I need sleep....zzzzzz-zzzzzzzzzzz
Old 01-23-2019, 09:19 PM

sari, your craft box sounds right up my alley. Have fun with it.
Old 01-23-2019, 09:32 PM

Evening all. Rained all day as predicted and it's finally moving on (get out the waders, swampy).

Nothing much accomplished but a lot of reading done and no bills in the mail, so a good day.

FCM, hope Daughter gets to feeling better and a Gibbs Dope Slap to the SIL.

swampy, congrats in re-joining the electronic age.

Juliet, take a deep breath, hug your kids, and see what tomorrow brings.

Butters, never been one but from watching, every husband in the world is stubborn about 'resting' when they hurt themselves. "Tis' but a scratch"

Sunny, hope Beamette gets to doing better.

Ruble, sounds like maybe new bosses may be in store for the near future? Not that they would be an improvement ("Meet the New Boss; Same as the Old Boss")

All of y'all take care now.
Old 01-23-2019, 10:12 PM

Howdy all.
Old 01-23-2019, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missred View Post
sari, your craft box sounds right up my alley. Have fun with it.

I thought of you when I saw all the paper and card stock.

Hey {{{Sticky}}}!
Old 01-24-2019, 05:34 AM
Charter Member

Good Mornin' Y'all! Up and caffeinatin'. *YAWN* 'Tis 58 Amurrkin out and cloudy (well, dark) with a predicted high of 52 and mostly cloudy for the day. Seriously that's what TWPTB are sayin'. No biggie plans for the day. I must hang about da cave as meds are bein' delivered via FedEx. Still some things I need to set up on puter as well. Since I have a brand spankin' new hard drive it's like havin' a brand new puter.

{{{StickyBuns}}} ::tacklehug:: Howdy! Come back and play some more.

{{{Juliet}}} appropriate/inappropriate appendages crossed the MRI helps with findin' a diagnosis.

Now I need more caffeine and to feed rumbly tummy. Then, onward into the day! Rah.

Happy Thursday Y'all!
Old 01-24-2019, 06:24 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Woke at 2 again this morning, tho it was due to Roxy screaming - she was hungry!!! I did manage to fall back to sleep, but 5 still came too fast. It's raining and mid-50s, but temps will plummet during the day. So exciting!

Much work on my desk - no drafting fairies to clean it up. Guess that's why I get the big bucks.

Happy Thursday!
Old 01-24-2019, 06:57 AM
Charter Member

Up, caffeinated, and sheveled. Off to work. Double shift today.:/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticks and Scones View Post
Howdy all.
Sticky!
: tacklehug :
Old 01-24-2019, 08:25 AM

Happy Thorsday!

I haven't looked outside yet, but from the sound of the cars going by it's wet out there.
According to my phone app it's 48 degrees with a high of 52 for the day.
Then it's going to get cold again.

I have to get the cat's script filled sometime today or tomorrow.

No snow predicted for the weekend, debating going to the armpit.
Old 01-24-2019, 09:19 AM

Blurfage Drizzly here with more rain expected then back into the 50's with 30 MPH winds. Just not right.

Irking of course. Don't know what the day will hold. I don't expect to be busy with the weather being lousy.

Happy day before Firday!
Old 01-24-2019, 11:28 AM
born to be shunned

Quote:

Ruble, sounds like maybe new bosses may be in store for the near future? Not that they would be an improvement ("Meet the New Boss; Same as the Old Boss")
Who knows? I just, as we say, grab two and go -------- home at the end of my shift.

Let me tell you about my adventure yesterday. I usually show up early and did; parked and relaxed in our back break room that is sometimes referred to as "Kopek's Cave" since I'm one of the few to use it as a regular haunt. I got to the time clock a little early as well and a friend who also runs early started to walk up to me and the first thing he said was "Do you know anyone who drives a white Subaru?"

"Yeah -- I do. It's me. Why? Did you hit it"

"Blue sticker with something about chickens?"

"I believe in a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned. You did hit it, right?

"No ---- but I may have saw who did."

"You're kidding, right?"

"No -- but I don't think its too bad."

So we rip out to the parking lot and parked behind and beside me is a car with lots of my white paint on the bumper. I called in security, they offered to call the cops for me and I declined, and they actually pushed the limits a little and checked the feeds to see who it was. They didn't tell me but they told him and he had them get us together. He's a good dude and honestly didn't know he had done it. He thought the sound was from the snow-and-ice bank next to him he had at first tried to drive over. It took me about 3 hours this AM to basically put everything right; I figure to charge him a soda and a bag of chips for my time. He got lucky in many ways; nothing creased and I own a full set of suction cups, dollies and spoons and I know how to use them. And other than some buffing and replacing a couple broken fasteners it was no big deal.

My friend who let me know about it all still can't get over the fact that he didn't know just what to do or who to talk to about seeing it and the first person, the first friendly face he sees, is the owner. What are the odds of that?

The Amazon ---- its not just a job; its an adventure every day!

Old 01-24-2019, 11:29 AM
born to be shunned

PS -- we had rain. It has now switched to snow. That is all.
Old 01-24-2019, 12:00 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

It's raining and mild, but after sundown, it'll be dry(er) and lots colder. rah.

I've had a busy and productive morning. Nearly done with Brent's stuff, ready to start on Josh's stuff. Good times!!
Old 01-24-2019, 02:10 PM

Busy morning.
Irk was busy, and then we did the heavy vacuuming. Also straightened the living room rug, again. The rug slowly shifts, I guess as we walk on it it gets pushed crooked. I always line up the edge of the rug with the floorboards, and every few weeks or so I have to straighten it. It also has a wrinkle that won't flatten, so we try to put the love seat over top of it so we can't see it. Doesn't bother my son at all but it makes my head hurt to see it out of alignment. I want to wash the slipcover, but it's too big for my washer and I don't feel like going to the laundrymat.

I think I'll go get the cat's script. Probably better when it's warm and rainy than when it's cold.
Old 01-24-2019, 02:14 PM

Afternoon all. Been a (for me) productive morning, put the garbage can out, bought some extra provisions at Kroger and also gassed up the car, then went to Wal-Mart and re-provisioned my bath towel set (the older ones will go to Purple Heart). Was so proud of all this activity that I treated myself to a Red Robin (Yum!) lunch, from which I am well-stuffed.

Oh, and it's 34F, so I'll be in the rest of the day, I think.

ruble, how old is the guy? I know that in well into my 20's I didn't have a clue about a lot of stuff. Glad the car is (mostly) OK.

Howdy StickyBuns; stick around awhile.

Enjoy your new Hard....drive, swampy.
Old 01-24-2019, 03:06 PM
born to be shunned

Quote:

ruble, how old is the guy? I know that in well into my 20's I didn't have a clue about a lot of stuff. Glad the car is (mostly) OK.
Mid-late 20s but with some developmental issues; possibly super-high functioning autism. He doesn't make eye contact well and he zones-in sometimes. But really one of the nicer coworkers I got. And given how the snowbank and everything was its perfectly understandable that he didn't really notice. My other buddy mostly caught it because he was looking and could see the car rock somewhat. Its just strange in a my-life-sort-of-way how it all played out.
Old 01-24-2019, 05:42 PM
Charter Member

Howdy Y'all! Excitatin' day today. I made cookies (chawklit chip), baked some chikin boobs and shredded 'em. They will become chikin quesadillas (OL!) for tomorrow's sup, heated up leftovers for dindin and waited all day for FedEx and my meds which showed up at four-thirty this afternoon. Fun times all around.
Old 01-24-2019, 05:45 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Roxy is spending the night with her other grandmother, so with luck, I'll be able to sleep thru the night. Daughter is feeling better - huzzah!!

FCD kinda wants supper but he doesn't know what he wants. Kinda the same with me. I need to figure out something. It's tough when you try to avoid pasta - it limits super-easy options.
Old 01-24-2019, 06:19 PM

Brrrrr! It was cold outside.
I thought it was supposed to be in the 50s, was in the 30s and very windy.
The drug store was very busy, long lines and took almost an hour for the script to be filled. After this I should be able to call it in before I go to get it. Last script was for only 6 pills to see how Adam would take the pills, now for whatever reason she wrote it for only 10, just a 20 day supply.

What I don't understand is why 6 pills was $9 + change, and 10 pills was $10 + change?

I had left over meatballs with zoodles for lunch, and will have leftover pork chops and brussells sprouts for dinner.
Old 01-24-2019, 07:00 PM
Charter Member

We had an overnight temperature of 32C. That's 90F at 3am! Argh! I couldn't sleep, what fitful dreams I had were very unpleasant and vivid. Bleargh.

It will hit 43C at some point before it finally drops, but even then the low tonight will be what in any ordinary season considered really warm.

Climate change sucks.
Old 01-24-2019, 07:24 PM

sunny, I hope all goes well with Beamette's testing and they find something that can relieve the headaches.

Welcome back sticky buns!

sari, would rug grippers help keep your rug in place? https://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&ke...l_6svak9rtur_e

Got a lot of stuff done at irk today. The crabby old bat cow-orker who is within spittin' distance of retirement called out today. I don't look for her to come back until the other cow-orker and I have her stuff ready for EoM. She's pulled this crap for four of the last eight months. I'll be glad when she retires and we can get someone who is open to improvements in process in her area and actually does his/her job.

I picked up a new prescription this afternoon, got a $5 gift card for Tar-jay (where the CVS I use is located) and spent it and $45 more on hair stuff and lotion. Now I'll be a blonde with soft skin and hair for another couple of months.
Old 01-24-2019, 10:09 PM
born to be shunned

Our low tonight will be tomorrows high temp. Ya just gotta love PA winters or move.
Old 01-25-2019, 12:07 AM

Had a run tonight: I grabbed the wrong HRM strap (& now I can't find the right one), I forgot what goes up (me) must come down. Somehow, I only mentally calculated the uphill portion of the hill workout; ended up running more than I had planned on. Then coming back it felt like my thigh was rubbing. It was cold out so I was wearing gloves but just figured that was why I couldn't adjust the tights right. When I got back & into my car, I realized the previously-worn tights were now worn-out tights with about a 1" hole in them.

Second pair that have bit the dust this year (as in 2019). Both were old & I knew they were wearing, but still.

Luckily, I have one brand new pair in the drawer but I've now been to two stores (Nike outlet & Dicks) & can't find any more of them. Some Googling seems that they don't make that kind anymore. Drawstring waist is better than elastic, a key pocket is essential, & the ankle zippers are sure nice.
Old 01-25-2019, 05:27 AM

I really do wonder about some of my classmates sometimes... We have an assignment due on Monday, that we've been working on since October.

It's for Plant Ecology, and the first part of it is doing a survey of a site (we're all doing the same site) then drawing up a habitat map of it, using the standard classifications (which means we get to do colouring in with colour pencils, yaay!). We got given the Ordnance Survey map of the area, with the boundaries marked, to work from, and had several site trips back in October and November to survey the place.

Yesterday, I was in the library, and one of the other stoodints came up to me and asked if I was working on the assignment. He then asked if I knew where the map was. No, not the blank map, he'd found that, but where, on the course webpage, was the map of the site filled out with all the habitats marked on, like in the examples....?

He's resitting the year. I begin to understand why.
Old 01-25-2019, 05:42 AM
Charter Member

Good Mornin' Y'all! Up and caffeinatin'. *YAWN* 'Tis 33 Amurrkin out and clear (dark) with a predicted high of 55 and mostly N.O.S. for the day. Today I must attend to candle duty over to the church house and since I shall be out and about and it's kinda on the route, I shall make a trip to Wally*World. As I mentioned yestiddy we shall sup on Chikin Quesadillas. OL!

Nuts, what can I say except your co-stoodint is, well, nutz!

Now I need more caffeine and rumbly tummy demands sustenance. Alas and alack, I shall purtify and bother of bothers, don appropriate bein' about the public attire. Life can be do difficult!

Happy Firday Y'all!
Old 01-25-2019, 06:30 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Short work day today - maybe 6 hours, then <drumroll> mammogram time! WOOHOO! By my calculations, I've had this fun procedure done about 25 times, more or less. At least there's no copay, so I'm getting squished for free! The things we do to stay healthy-ish...

Josh left me a priority list that supersedes the previous priority list. That's one of the fun things about engineering - you think you've got a solid, complete design till it's being built, when the oh-by-the-way gremlins point out little forgotten things or interferences you hadn't considered. At least doing revisions is quicker and easier than starting from scratch. So that'll be my day.

Happy Firday!!