Old 01-10-2019, 12:32 AM

Done dealing with photos for the night. Sunrise looks to be a good one, but itsa gonna be cold & windy so I shall enjoy it under the covers.

Last edited by Spiderman; 01-10-2019 at 12:32 AM. Reason: No matter how early you get up Swampy, you can't start the new page
Old 01-10-2019, 03:25 AM
Elephant Whisperer

It was a beautiful day today, in the 80s, and the wife and I finally did something we've always meant to do but never have. Did not do it as students here 25 years ago, did not do it in the 2-1/2 years we've been back, until today. We finally took a tour of Iolani Palace, the only royal palace in the US. As locals, we got 20% off the admission price. It's a beautiful palace, and I highly recommend it.

10:25 pm now, and we're showing 74 degrees, with a light trade wind keeping it delightfully coolish.
Old 01-10-2019, 06:02 AM
Charter Member

Good Mornin' Y'all! Up and caffeinatin'. *YAWN* 'Tis 39 Amurrkin out and clear (dark, actually) with a predicted high of 58 and mostly N.O.S. for the day. No huge plans for the day which is fine by me. FedEx shall deliver a shippin' box at some point so I can box laptop up and send it to HP. Sup shall be my world famous Eyetalian chikin with some sort of side matter TBD.

doggio "stepped on a pop top" was my thought as well. Reckon Butters bruised her heel and had to cruise on back home?

Now I need more caffeine and to feed rumbly tummy. Then, onward into the day. Rah.

Happy Thursday Y'all!
Old 01-10-2019, 06:31 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

The cold is beginning - it was 28 when I let Higgs out. She didn't linger long... I had to clear some large branches from the driveway - one got stuck under the car and it was making a nasty sound. At least it had fallen to the ground and not on the car as I was backing out.

Not looking good so far at work - I can't get Creo to start. All of my work is done on Creo. This is not a good sign...

Happy Thursday anyway.
Old 01-10-2019, 06:43 AM
Charter Member

Up, caffeinated, and sheveled. Off to work. It's 32 right now, but 36 hours ago it was 70. After work, going to a memorial service for the wife of the pub singer who died a few months ago. Which is being held at a pub naturally. And since Sprint ported over my phone number before they sent me a SIM, I have no phone service. I have to go to the Sprint store first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampbear View Post
doggio "stepped on a pop top" was my thought as well. Reckon Butters bruised her heel and had to cruise on back home?
yeah, but there's booze in the blender.
Old 01-10-2019, 09:44 AM

Butters & Midget, hope you both feel better soon!

It looks like my sister-in-law is going into labor. So I'm the auntie on call today. If she thinks it's actually time to go, I'm in charge of picking up my niece and nephew. I may need to care for them overnight and get them off to school in the morning. It all depends on the timing of it all. But I'm excited... It's fun to meet a new little baby!
Old 01-10-2019, 10:43 AM
born to be shunned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogbutler View Post
And bring us a shrubbery!")
And when you do they'll just want

ANOTHER SHRUBBERY!!!!!

(Always loved that scene.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stainless Steel Rat View Post

ruble, you are a true professional; which means your bosses, as you describe them, will probably write you up for something...
Probably later today and how they word it may sound good but its going to amount to "for thinking". Remember when I got to work on the first just to find out our shift was cancelled because of a lack of volume/packages? I noticed that it was worded on our beloved "Hub" as an "excused absence" instead of a "lack of work" which is how things like that are usually noted. I got that odd feeling something hinky was afoot and warned everyone to watch your paycheck for last week when we get it (today/tomorrow). Yeppers ---- they used that to nip us out of our promised 18 hours per week. I am told that angry mobs with pitchforks and torches already have descended on HR. Basically they used that as the excuse to cheat 200+ people out of 3-4 hours pay. For me its not a biggie but some of my coworkers actually count on this for things like food, medication, and other silly things you humans desire like this months gas bill. I submitted my complaint nicely but I don't expect everyone did and I am betting a few invoked my name as in "Old Kopek told us you were going to pull something like this"!

If I am back posting before 8pm its because TPTB (one in particular who has been skimming and scamming the system since she arrived) pushed that magic button deactivating my badge.
Old 01-10-2019, 10:54 AM
born to be shunned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahirrnee View Post
I

I'm also thinking about painting the bead board in the kitchen. It's white, isn't it always?, but what do y'all think about yellow?
I would go with something between a full yellow and a harvest gold.

https://laurelberninteriors.com/wp-c...258385660.jpeg

But then again I am a heterosexual male; what the Hell do I know about colors?

Juliet I'll go along with the cold and I will live with the snow as long as the road crews clear the pavement so it can dry. Say 25 degrees American so what snow you do get doesn't melt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by missred View Post

ruble, if you handle anything that comes to my part of Tennessee, thanks!
I shouldn't as a rule but you never know. Sometimes we get something we lovingly refer to as "wrong building". Once we got an entire 53' truck that was for the "wrong building" --- it was all destined for Hawaii. I offered to deliver all 3000 packages personally and apologize to the customers but the leadership we had back then still wouldn't give me the site credit card. I did spot one from Wilkes-Barre and actually knew they person getting it; what are the chances of that happening to anyone other than me?
Old 01-10-2019, 11:45 AM

BLURFAGE Irking and now I have that song stuck in my head. Thanks guys.

I am paying bills but as soon as I finish I am out of here. I need a nap. I took so much sinus allergy medicine I am still groggy from it.

Hubby said tis cold in Raleigh and he was off to buy himself another coat. I guess he's gonna wear two. His daughter was itching to take him sightseeing. When one is in 80 degree weather all the time 30's are a shock to the system.

OK- back at it.
Old 01-10-2019, 11:58 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Josh is a slave driver!!!! I was 30 minutes late getting lunch because of him!

But the morning sped by, so there's that. And in 3 anna half hours, my weekend starts! YAY!
Old 01-10-2019, 01:04 PM

Howdy all. Got up to micturate at 5am, then went back to sleep till nearly 0830. So day is really just starting for me (retirement is awesome, don't cha' know). Still need to drop by Wal-Mart to see if the garbled phone con yesterday was really about my glasses, but that's all that is on the agenda. The cheeseburgers planned for yesterday have been consumed today, so all is right with the world.

ruble, hope you don't get in trouble for that; and if you do I wish there was a lawyer around to sue to B****** (Better call Saul).

FCM, yea to long weekends.

Juliet, hope all goes well for Sis-in-law and baby-to-be and that the kids are fine for you.
Old 01-10-2019, 01:56 PM

When I picked the 'boys' up from the groomers yesterday I took them up to the front desk to visit with the wife half of the couple who own the pet store. We had to pass by the puppies for sale area, and there was a Chi-hooa-hooa pup in one of the cages and Vinnie and Gibbs wanted that pup soooo bad! And he wanted to be their friend so bad too.
At $600 a pop (pup) it ain't happening.
We've had a couple of opportunities in the last couple of years to acquire another canine overlord for free and had to pass. One was even another mini Schnauzer whose human had shuffled off. But we just can't. These two are more than enough of a circus for 2 doddering old people to handle. *le sigh*

Dinner tonight will be petite sirloins with a salad and prolly baked N.O.T.s. I like steak, but Wifey lurves 'em, so when they were on sale at $2.99/lb I got a bunch and stuck them in the freezer. I reckon it's time to eat a couple.

Now to decide what to do with the rest of my day. I need to go to the sto for more TP, and maybe english muffins. I should start on the pile of paper upstairs waiting to filed. I doubt that I will though.

Old 01-10-2019, 02:08 PM

Happy Thorsday!

Well, it might be getting better. Nothing seriously wrong, just a bunch of little things plucking on my nerves.
Probably nothing a litte booze in the blender couldn't help, but I have neither.

That you for the WAKE UP! Ruble, but I don't want to be blinded everytime I walk into the kitchen. I was thinking more of a nice sunshine yellow, or a N.O.B.ish yellow. Now I'm thinking cream would be nice, except for it would probably just look dirty.
You've been around long enough to know that you are not paid to think at work.

PM to come MetalMouse.

I like green too Butters, but I always lean to yellow for kitchens. I don't know what to tell you about cats scratching furniture. I have a scratching post right next to the couch and the brat will still use the couch. Not always good for him though, because Ripple will pounce on him.

The daycare told me yesterday that Ripple had blood in his stool. No reason to be alarmed but to keep an eye on him. Oh yeah, 20 something degrees outside and I want to go out and follow him around the yard to see if he poops or not, and if there is any bood in it, and if so, scoop it up and take it to the vet. The damn dog couldn't do this when it's warm out?
Today is bill paying day here. Part of this morning's annoyances. The gas company changed their fairly messed up website to a all new and improved totally fucked up website. As soon as I logged in I got a message telling me I used the wrong password. I'm not sure how I logged in using the wrong password, guess I'm just talented that way. The company sends how are we doing emails on a pretty regular basis, so far I've been nice and deleted them.

Scrolling with the remote I just had to stop and check out the Slinky Brand fashions. I didn't know what to expect, but I wasn't expecting t-shirts. $40 t-shirts at that. But hey, you can mix and match, and they don't wrinkle!

I have shrubbery, don't really want it.

Happy Aunting Juliet!

I need to get busy, I took a nap this morning after irk and I have a ton of stuff to do around here.
Old 01-10-2019, 02:25 PM
KB not found. Press any key
Charter Member

Perhaps you could tip someone at the daycare to collect a bloody stool.
Old 01-10-2019, 02:26 PM
Charter Member

It occurs to me that every one at doggy day care is being exposed to each other's fecal matter.
Old 01-10-2019, 02:53 PM
born to be shunned

Quote:

ruble, hope you don't get in trouble for that; and if you do I wish there was a lawyer around to sue to B****** (Better call Saul).
Lawyers I got by the dozens; I actually have a retainer out there and do contract stuff (the history and documentary stuff I do) with one person in particular. It all comes down to how much do they piss me off and do I want to make the effort for something that's basically just a gym membership to me. I will say that with the OW having been a piano player in a cathouse (would you admit your SO worked for a Firm?) for more than 40 years I have documentation of a TON of stuff from the last two years. Piss me off enough and we're discussing everything from the affairs of a couple of the bosses to the affairs of a couple of the bosses.

Quote:

That you for the WAKE UP! Ruble, but I don't want to be blinded everytime I walk into the kitchen. I was thinking more of a nice sunshine yellow, or a N.O.B.ish yellow. Now I'm thinking cream would be nice, except for it would probably just look dirty.
Stay in the area of yellow but go matte?

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivorousplant View Post
It occurs to me that every one at doggy day care is being exposed to each other's fecal matter.

No shit, Sherlock.

(Well --- SOMEONE had to say it.)
Old 01-10-2019, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivorousplant View Post
Perhaps you could tip someone at the daycare to collect a bloody stool.

That is an idea.
I think they probably do a good job of cleaning up behind the dogs.

I have a rash on my arms and I can't find the bag balm.

Last edited by Sahirrnee; 01-10-2019 at 02:54 PM.
Old 01-10-2019, 03:57 PM

It looks like my parents will be able to get into town before my niece and nephew need to be picked up for the evening. My parents will spend the night with the kiddos and get them off to school in the morning so my brother can be with my sister-in-law while she finishes birthing a baby/spends time with the baby. Not sure where they'll be in the process by that point tomorrow morning.

So excited to be an auntie again!

Sari, while matte will be less blinding in the morning, it's harder to keep clean. Gloss/semigloss wipes down a bit easier, and in the kitchen of all rooms, the walls will need to be wiped more often. A pale nursery-yellow or buttercream yellow would be good for a kitchen. How dark are your cabinets? Dark wood will reduce the blinding nature of yellow, too. And light wood wouldn't pair well with yellow, anyway. Or are you painting the cabinets, too?

Last edited by Serenata67; 01-10-2019 at 03:58 PM. Reason: my brother isn't birthing the baby...
Old 01-10-2019, 04:31 PM

There's no way I am painting cabinets. I'm not that ambitious.
I don't mind glossy, it's the shade that Ruble suggested that would blind me.
I'm just looking at doing the bead board which goes half way up the wall and maybe painting the door. So I would have yellow bead board with white walls, which is why I'm afraid if I go too light, it will just look dirty next to the white walls.

Found the bag balm. I have no idea why it was in the nightstand on the opposite of the bed. Ever since I started organizing the house I can't find anything.

Pork chops for dinner for me, tacos for my son.

Last edited by Sahirrnee; 01-10-2019 at 04:33 PM.
Old 01-10-2019, 05:35 PM

bleh bill day sucks its chilly for here still have to call and deal with "kung fu louie"….. I so need to change workers for the medical ……

you know the stereotypical grouchy Asian tv character who sounds like he learned English from the 70s kung fu theatre flicks and his idea of explaining something is shouting the most unhelpful thing over you 3 or 4 times until you just say screw it ? that's this guy to a t ….

pretty bad when the health net thai lady whos the go-between (aka the one who oks the payments ) me and the docs knew who I was talking about when I used the description her stories are worse than mine ...…. no one knows how hes still employed ……

Last edited by nightshadea; 01-10-2019 at 05:36 PM.
Old 01-10-2019, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Today is bill paying day here.
Make sure you pay that one to SBF pronto; I have it on good word that the Spidey Booze Fund is facing some casss (hic) flow difficultiesshhh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kopek View Post
Lawyers I got by the dozens
Guns you've got, too. Iffn you have any money is your last name Zevon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kopek View Post
No shit, Sherlock.
Beat me too it.

Just about to leave irk. Prolly going to be late to run club but at least I'm not running tonight, only walking due to taper. However, it's Brrrr out there due to it being still windy (Gusts to 25mph) making it feel like it's in the low 20's.
Old 01-10-2019, 06:34 PM
Charter Member

Howdy Y'all! Laptop got shipped off to HP this afternoon. The box they sent was waaaaay to small, dumbasses. So I took laptop over to FedEx and they got it boxed up, slapped the shippin' label on, and got it started on its way to Texass. Now we wait and see what happens next. In other news, JDD last survivin' uncle died this past Sunday and the graveside service is tomorrow mornin' in large and in charge Dawson, Jawja. I cannot attend due to the fact I have a doc appointment in the mornin' an hour before the service. However, I made a sour cream pound cake, deviled aigs (cause one cannot properly grieve in the southern U.S.of A. without deviled aigs), and some N.O.T. sallit for him to take to his aunt's house tomorrow to help feed the ravenous, grievin' hoard after the service. Ham, fried chikin, assorted vegetative matter, various other side matter, and desserts are also bein' provided by sundry folk. Again, when one dies in these parts it is imperative those left behind both grieve and gorge themselves.

We have supped and chill mode now ensues.

Juliet yay for impendin' aunthood!
Old 01-10-2019, 07:30 PM

butters, the patch tests aren't comfortable, but they also aren't horrible. I do a short series every couple of years to check sensivivities and have since I was a kid.

...and soon it will render...that frozen concoction that helps us hang on :holds up lighter with doggio, butters and swampy:

Juliet, you and ruble can have all of the snow. Those of us mumpers in the southern US of A don't have plows and such to get out of it. And happy aunting!

sari, I'm thinking that doggy day care is your best bet for a sample. They supervise outdoor play, including picking up poo. For Nelson, there would be no problem, since he's on a leash when we go out to do his business and there are poo bags on the leash.

Another slow day at irk. Tonight, I'm going to write the instructions for the heathen children's craft. After that, I'll set up for the next project in the studio.
Old 01-10-2019, 07:43 PM

Thanks Sunny for the link. I have ordered the scratch boxes for lack of a better word. I have catnip already. She really doesn’t scratch except when she wants out so I guess it’s an attention thing. We used to have a cat door but she kept bringing in dead birds or half dead birds and very alive mice. Can’t trust her to have a cat door. We shall just see what happens. We are not getting rid of the cat nor are we getting her declawed. The living room suit we bought is not very high end just for this reason. When she shuffles off there will be no more cats.

It got a little chilly here too. I have the heat on a little.

Thank Goodness tomorrow is Firday. Tis been a long week. I made an appt for Sat morning to get my hairs done. Way over due.

I am sleepy but it’s way too early to go to sleep else I will be awake at 0200. Not wanting to do that. I am gonna try to find a movie or something to watch.

Night all
Old 01-10-2019, 08:58 PM

Evening all.

The call yesterday was for my new glasses, so they now adorn my face. The el cheapos I got for free from the Optometrist become my spare pair.

swampy, waiting with bated (or baited) breath for the computer outcome...

Sari, hope the pooch poop problem is taken care of by the day care.

Juliet, hope the logistics with family work out (hint: I was a US Army logistician for 34 years and it never works as planned, but it usually ends up ok).

Never got above 40F today and it's 33F right now, so inside is where I'm staying. Need some sustenance so sammiches will be prepared shortly.

Have a good night, y'all.

Last edited by The Stainless Steel Rat; 01-10-2019 at 08:59 PM.
Old 01-10-2019, 11:01 PM
Charter Member

So after 18 hours without phone service, I went back to AT&T. Whcih took 2 hours. Sprint sucks.

Went to a respectful memorial servicedrunken Irish wake. You know it's a good Irish wake when the Englsihman is singing Scottish songs.

And the Canes snap their winning streak.
Old 01-10-2019, 11:54 PM
born to be shunned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post

Guns you've got, too. Iffn you have any money is your last name Zevon?
Billions. Hundreds of billions; thousands of billions. Problem is I got it from someone named Patrick Chinamasa.

And I was right; we did all get screwed. Just so a couple people could pad their pockets. Oh well; unless someone makes it a class-action like the AMZL drivers did there isn't much sense spending much time wondering about it.

That is the little-known secret of Amazon; our bosses pay really isn't that good. Your best course of action is cheating and lying to the workers so you earn "bonuses" -- sometimes 2-3x your base pay. Just don't get caught cheating your fellow bosses too badly or you get fired like the one late-and-not-lamented guy. Us -- no-one cares.
Old 01-11-2019, 05:40 AM
Charter Member

Good Mornin' Y'all! Up and caffeinatin'. *YAWN* 'Tis 33 Amurrkin out (BRRR!) and clear (well, dark), with a predicted high of 60 and N.O.S. for the day. I get to go see the doc and the vampires this mornin'. Rah. After that I shall head over to the church house to perform candle duty, and, whilst out and about, gas up twuck. Sup shall be steak, baked N.O.T., sallit, and cheesey bread. Nummy and easy to put together.

Now I need more caffeine and rumbly tummy demands sustenance. Then, alas, purtification and the donnin' of appropriate goin' about the public attire must commence. Bother of bothers!

Happy Firday Y'all!
Old 01-11-2019, 06:18 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Woke at 2 with an earworm. Played with my tablet till 4, then fell back to sleep for 2 more hours. Now I'm back to the tablet.

We're going to Dahlgren today to rejoin the credit union there since ours doesn't do HELOC. Other than that, no big plans

Happy Firday!!!!
Old 01-11-2019, 07:23 AM

Afternoon all.

We actually got 2 days where the sun actually made an appearance but it's safely disappeared behind a barrier of cloud again.

Stressy classmate has been less stressful than feared so far, but I'm not convinced it's going to last long.

We have a (40% of a module) test this afternoon, which should hopefully be OK; at least 1/4 of it should be on growing tiny plants, which I've not only been doing waaay more of than is on the syllabus (we hardly did any in class- it seems odd that it's on the test at all, frankly, but last years was 50% tiny plant related), I may even have done more of it than the guy setting the questions. It's not really his thing, he didn't teach the class we had on it even if it is his module. I'd keep my fingers crossed the rest'll be OK, but it's hard to write like that. My handwriting's bad enough as it is.
Old 01-11-2019, 08:07 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

When I finally dragged my carcass out of bed, it was 64 in the house and 25 in the back yard. The pellet stove ran out of pellets overnight!! I bumped the thermostat to 68, and the house is comfy again. Critters have been tended to and pellet stove is running again. I'm having an egg sammich while surfing.

Good way to start the day!
Old 01-11-2019, 08:58 AM

Happy Firday!

Friggin cold outside. I got the cat off to the vet, lots of protesting on his end. My son said he was horrible all night, we had to take up his food at 9pm and he banged on my son's door all night wanting to be fed.

On the way to the vet my low tire light came on. We'll go out when I get off irk at 11, it'll be a bit warmer.

Ruble - your bosses remind me of when I was delivering papers. Our bosses would keep our tips, unless the customer gave them to us directly. The sun paper knew this and encouraged it so they could pay the agents less money. The few agents who gave the carriers their tips ended up losing their contracts. Everybody knew it was because they made the other agents look bad, and because everybody wanted to work for the agents that didn't keep the tips.

I need to call da jungle. I'm having a problem with one of my fire sticks. It goes out and says there is a problem connecting to the internet and to call my internet provider, but only one of them does that, the other one works fine, so I think it is a fire stick problem not an internet problem.

I am so ready to get rid of cable, I have to call and find out when my contract ends. If they ask me why, they will get an earful, although it's not their problem there is nothing worth watching on TV. It is their problem though, that if I go for a bigger package I have to pay a surcharge on sports channels I will never watch.
Old 01-11-2019, 10:09 AM

Morning all. 32F here, but supposed to get to a balmy 50F later today. BLT's on toasted Rye bread will sustain me later this morning and gym prep for indoor soccer this evening.

Nut, good luck with the test.

Sari, Ruble, Ah, ain't capitalism grand (mind you, it still works better than most systems, but it can be used to screw folks more than I like-end economic-political rant).
Old 01-11-2019, 10:41 AM
Charter Member

Capitalism: The worst economic system, except for all the others
Old 01-11-2019, 10:55 AM

Howdy. Hubby is making his way South. I knew he would not stay long once the weather got very cold. He was in South Carolina when I spoke with him. He will not make it all the way today. He was going back to his son's house in GA and see how much daylight is left today and decide it he proceeds to friend's house near Orlando or waits until tomorrow. Either way I will not see him until probably Sunday.

Speaking of cold it got kind of cold here. Probably in the 60's.

Thank God tis Firday!
Old 01-11-2019, 11:30 AM
born to be shunned

Quote:

Sari, Ruble, Ah, ain't capitalism grand (mind you, it still works better than most systems, but it can be used to screw folks more than I like-end economic-political rant).
In a lot of ways I seriously don't mind; it may sound strange to word it this way but I can afford to work there. I feel bad though for a lot of the people on the floor with me. Many of them are counting on a base pay of X and not LESS than X to meet their own bills and obligations; people who literally do live (barely) one check to the next. Da Jungle actually targets such individuals in their recruiting (and where they place facilities like ours; in depressed communities) the same ways cigarette companies targets the poor and minorities. Maybe I've been an active church member and liberal too long but this kind of social injustice just rankles me sometimes. Its a good company; say 5 years back I would have said it was the best. But the slope is slippery sometimes and I expect it to get worse before it improves again.
Old 01-11-2019, 11:51 AM
Charter Member

I had a lengthy email correspondence with an aquarium store. I bought a canopy pictured as single piece, and received a two piece which won't fit my tank. The guy was either really uninformed about their product or lied like a trouper. Surprisingly, I received a refund.
Old 01-11-2019, 01:18 PM

My sister-in-law gave birth to a healthy little girl this morning. I'm an auntie 3 times over now! They have a 6-year-old boy, a 4-year-old girl and now the new baby girl. I'm leaving work early today to get over to meet her before my night explodes. (I have to get my daughter, pick up some groceries, get dinner, and get her to Girl Scouts Cookie Kickoff Rally... ugh.) From the pictures, she's a little bundle of sweetness and I can't wait to meet her!
Old 01-11-2019, 01:21 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

I don't understand credit unions... We tried to join Navy Federal a week ago, and we still haven't heard diddly from them. This morning, we went to the credit union in Dahlgren, and had an account and a debit card in less than an hour.

I just finished our application for a HELOC - even if we weren't building a workshop out back, my bro said it's a good idea to have the line of credit, just in case. He's a big-shot financial guy, so I believe him. Why would he lie to me?? We're applying for less than 55% of our equity, so even if my estimate of the house's value is off, we'll still be under the 80% limit that the CU sets. Plus I applied for way more than we need, just in case.

Now, to forage for lunch...

YAY for new babby!!!!!

Last edited by FairyChatMom; 01-11-2019 at 01:22 PM.
Old 01-11-2019, 01:44 PM
born to be shunned

My tires are self-serviced and now I need to stop here to thaw out my fingers. I got a warning light on the way to irk yesterday and since nothing was flat at the end of the night I figured no big deal. I was right; with the cold every tire was basically down 4 pounds or so. So the compressor got turned on, inflations were corrected, and now I need some tea.
Old 01-11-2019, 02:20 PM

Just got home from filling my tires. All 4 needed air, and I too, figured it was from the cold. We had to go to the gas station though, but the one we went to doesn't charge for air.
Still waiting to hear about the cat. I know he was the last one scheduled, but I thought I would have heard something by now.

Snow is still predicted for tomorrow, so I won't be heading for the armpit.
Old 01-11-2019, 05:43 PM

Cat is home, cost a lot more than the estimate so they took some off the bill. Looks like he is in the beginning stages of heart disease, the walls of the heart are thickening. We aren't doing anything now, he gets another blood test in 6 months.
I heard the staff fell in love with him because he is such a sweet cat. He is sweet, a pita, but sweet. He's up to 16 pounds now, not fat, just big.

My son fell back asleep while I was gone and didn't keep an eye on Ripple. I came home to the recycling spilled all over the kitchen. At least it was recycling and not trash.

Happy New Baby! Juliet.
Old 01-11-2019, 05:54 PM

Been taking it easy today.
Roomie had a friend over and they did a video shoot. Before the shoot, I was getting some food from the kitchen. I told them I would try not to touch anything and get people sick. Roomie's friend said it was okay, she was protected because she got a homeopathic vaccine. In all seriousness, I hope she doesn't get sick.
Old 01-11-2019, 07:00 PM
Charter Member

Howdy Y'all! I saw the doc and the vampires this mornin'. I did not do candle duty as I did not want to drive all the way across town from the doc. Oh well, gives me sunp'n to do tomorrow. Next weekend, well, Firday and Sattidy mornin' I am attendin' a church related thing called Church Development Institute (CDI) in Augusta, Jawja. As a part of this I took an online Myers-Briggs assessment which I view as so much bs but did anyway. I detest, despise, and think very lowly of such assessments. I have a lot of readin' and studyin' to do before then. I think I shall enjoy it. I will go two more weekends this first go round and four weekends durin' the next go round.

OYKW wanted to use his bday coupon from the local good seafood place so we supped there. Steak etc shall be on tomorrow's menu. He ordered fried shrimpies and I got the fried catfish filets. We shared and were stuffded.

Juliet yay for new baby niece!

Midget since she had a homeopathic vaccine you should have done research on its effectiveness by coughin' all over her.
Old 01-11-2019, 07:57 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilyG View Post
Been taking it easy today.
Roomie had a friend over and they did a video shoot. Before the shoot, I was getting some food from the kitchen. I told them I would try not to touch anything and get people sick. Roomie's friend said it was okay, she was protected because she got a homeopathic vaccine. In all seriousness, I hope she doesn't get sick.
Mrs. Plant (v.2.0) was into this homeopathic thing. The concept is that a tiny dose of somethinig bad will protect your against something bad. The tinier the better. SO I take none of it at all, and am protected against everything!
Old 01-11-2019, 09:25 PM

I hate homeopathy (indeed, most 'alternative' medicines). What made sense before the days of vaccines and clean water sources is now basically placebo and nonsense. (sorry for the rant).

Swampy, with you on the Myers-Briggs; it's a silly thing that is used by too many managers in lieu of thinking (sorry for the rant).

Sari, Ruble, my Dodge puts a light on the dashboard if one or more tires are low. Irritating as heck and the way the temperature fluctuates it's on and off, which is a pain. (sorry for the rant).

Juliet, happy the baby and mom are well, hope you get too see them soon (sorry for the ra...oh wait, nevermind).

FCM, I'm baffled too, never had a problem joining a CU no matter where I was.

Butters, hope husband-unit takes his time and gets home safe; that's a lot of driving in a week.

flytrap, yeah on getting your money back. Reading your post I wondered if you meant the guy lied like a grouper...

OK, talking so much to all y'all because it was a quiet day here. Did help get the Middle School gym set up for tomorrow, I may be there 9am-8pm Sattiday since we can't use the High School gym so we've moved some games this weekend. Rain is in the forecast for tomorrow so a good day to be inside.
Old 01-11-2019, 09:54 PM

Quote:
I hate homeopathy (indeed, most 'alternative' medicines). What made sense before the days of vaccines and clean water sources is now basically placebo and nonsense. (sorry for the rant).
We need to work on your ranting skills.

Happy New Niece, Juliet!
Old 01-11-2019, 09:59 PM

I've been reading up on hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, I think Adam is very lucky the vet caught it early. Usually it's not diagnosed until it is too late. It's genetic, common in Maine Coons and Ragdolls.
Adam was so happy to be home, I let him out of the crate as soon as I parked. He beat me to the house and was waiting for me to let him in. Now he's out running around, but he'll probably want in soon as cold as it is.

I should probably take Ripple out on a leash to check his poop, although I have no idea if he will poop while on a leash. He never has, he might be one of those dogs who won't.

My mother is lucky, her car will tell her which tire is low.
At least this time the light went out and I didn't have to get it reset at the dealer's.
Old 01-11-2019, 10:17 PM

I wanted split green pea and ham soup today, so made an amazing mess in the kitchen. It is worth every bit of the bother. About to decant into small containers, and will bake cornbread tomorrow for the crunch factor with some leftovers.

That's not bad for a day that started with the cable technician ringing my doorbell 13 hours ago to effect a ten-minute fix. Actually the day started 17 hours ago when I arose to cook breakfast, ate it, and then slept more than 3 hours before cable tech got here.
Old 01-11-2019, 11:29 PM

sari, was Ripple ticked that all of the food had to go up, including his?

Congrats on teh new niece Juliet!

My morning began with a call from my sister. My Uncle Ray passed and she wanted to let me know. He was my mother's Irish twin and they were always close. I won't be able to go up north to the funeral, as it is Tuesday and supposed to be seriously snowy up there, but I'm making a donation in his name and sending cards to his daughters and granddaughters.

I went to the Green Dragon this evening to listen to a friend play and wound up sitting with some friends of his. I'd met a couple of them before, but had a lot of fun talking to them and listening to music. I had a good beer and a pastrami on rye, so the evening was a win.