Old 02-13-2019, 01:26 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobDog View Post
You do realise this is a subversive parody, right? A parody performed by one of the best UK comedians working in British comedy at the moment. I understand if you don't find her funny, but stupid she is not.

She acts stupid, no?

And stupid people aren't funny. At worst it's making fun of a handicap.

I found Dumb & Dumber to be bad and unfunny, but no I dont think Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels are stupid. But they act stupid in the film- which makes it unfunny.
Old 02-13-2019, 03:14 PM

My wife thought the same way about the TV version of Amos "n" Andy. It wasn't because it was wrong to laugh at black people but because it was wrong to laugh at retarded people, which they obviously were. She knitted while I laughed at the Three Stooges and Laurel and Hardy.

It seems this thread has run its course. If you have anything to add about King James I, the Bible he wrote (I have also encountered people who believe he personally wrote it but according to DrDeth we shouldn't laugh at them), his feelings about gay people (KJV Matthew 7:20 sez "Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them," so God seems to like them), or anything remotely applicable to this thread speak now or forever hold your peace.
Old 02-13-2019, 03:35 PM

Oh, and Bettany Hughes.* American TV executives claim that nobody watches documentaries, but can it be that they keep trotting out Bill Moyers and semi-retired news anchors to host them? (Bill Kurtis doesn't count.) Hughes seems to talk exclusively about things I'm interested in. Besides boobs.

* - Director: If you show a little cleavage you'll go far in this business.
Bettany, having put on a light Tee shirt and bending over the director: How's this?
The director chokes on his tongue.

Last edited by dropzone; 02-13-2019 at 03:39 PM.