Old 02-17-2019, 06:35 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Up too early again, but there's no sense fighting it. I guess I can start my day now.

Happy Sunday !!
Old 02-17-2019, 07:11 AM

Morning. Went to bed early so body got me up at 5:30am. Need to get a couple things done and make a trip to the store/gas up car, but nothing of great consequence.

ruble, I love Newfies too.

Shady, you write the most enigmatic posts at times...I look forward to hearing about whatever is due to happen Tuesday...

Johnny, interesting is the best I can do; I am a fussy eater and most of the stuff you mention are things I don't care for. But I hope it comes off tasty for you.

Ok, need to see if the Sunday paper is here yet. Everybody have a good morning.
Old 02-17-2019, 07:14 AM
Charter Member

Good Mornin' Y'all! Up and caffeinatin'. *YAWN* 'Tis 61 Amurrkin out and cloudy with a predicted high of 78 and cloudy with maybe rain or maybe not. Once again TWPTB are bein' all willy-nilly with forecasts. The plan of the day is deheathenization (I am the non cannibal kind of Lector today), followed by N.O.L. (I have decided the vegetative matter shall be baby lima beans), and chillage. Of course this bein' Sunday I shall have to haul the biiiiiiiiiiiiig trash can all the way down to the road for pickup tomorrow. Looks to be an off and on rainy week ahead which is causin' me some bother. I want to spray RoundupTM around the playground area at the church house but need (well, want) a couple of dry days. Looks like I might have a chance Thursday or Firday.

Now I need more caffeine and to feed rumbly tummy. Then, purtification for deheathenization must commence.

Happy Sunday Y'all!
Old 02-17-2019, 08:19 AM

Happy Sunday!

Slept in until 7:30 today, which is not so bad considering I fell asleep around 9:30. I woke up and went to bed around 1.

It's a N.O.S. 23 degrees outside, with a high of 37 and lots of rain predicted for later in the day.

I don't know what I'm doing today.

I packed up another 2 dozen+ books to give away, and another box of shirts.
I'm thinking about making another trip down to the armpit today, with lots of stops to drop everything off. I don't know though, I hate the drive.
Old 02-17-2019, 10:18 AM

Happy Sunday!

Up,breakfasting, caffeinating and fixing to be lazy today.
Old 02-17-2019, 10:29 AM

Slept in til 8:00. No point in getting up sine there is yet another snow advisory. Outside looks like a snow globe. Woke up aeound 4 for the bathroom, and heard the ominous sound of a cat ready to barf. And she did. Cleaned that up and went back to bed. My head is stuffy and I’m a bit dizzy. I foresee a day of sloth.
Old 02-17-2019, 11:58 AM

Not much happening here today so far. Hubby is not well so we will probably wind up in Miami at the Dr. tomorrow. The cardiologist that is. He is having some issues with his heart rhythm which is an ongoing issue. We shall probably have a cardio version which is when he is sedated and an electric shock is supplied to shock the heart into normal rhythm. We have had it done before so it’s not as scary as it sounds.

I gave LuckyLouie a bath yesterday and have dosed his ear already this morning. We are almost well from the ear infection. I have the medicine so may as well use it.

We are having burgers today as it’s easy. Plus we have leftover ham and tater salad so no one shall starve around here.

Happy Sunday all!
Old 02-17-2019, 12:37 PM

ill pm ya the detail iffin ya curious

sometimes my posts aren't appreciated … see the one I posted in the pickup truck thread …. that one was taken the wrong way but its not worth the argument ,,,,,,,

sometimes I have my post read by people who get snoopy and some of them are about them and since I tend to vent and our political and social views differ greatly .. so I write vaguely

its also why I don't stay logged in like I used to

but im up way earlier than I needed to be because aunt thought she was going to the store very early but didn't …..just my usual hanging round here is the norm not much to do really
Old 02-17-2019, 02:55 PM
born to be shunned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightshadea View Post
so I write vaguely

its also why I don't stay logged in like I used to
This is the MMP; vague, incoherent, intoxicated, rambling and without social redeeming value are pretty much the norm here. Except for the weather reports from Georgia, of course.
Old 02-17-2019, 03:02 PM
KB not found. Press any key
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kopek View Post
This is the MMP; vague, incoherent, intoxicated, rambling and without social redeeming value are pretty much the norm here. Except for the weather reports from Georgia, of course.
What?
Old 02-17-2019, 03:23 PM

http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/...d.php?t=870780 post 23....not a shining moment as my examples were called out
Old 02-17-2019, 04:13 PM

Dinner has been consumed and house straightened and car gassed up. Phone service is out, no dial tone, but since I am leaving for brother's house in the early a.m. tomorrow (back Thorsday evening), I won't worry about it at the moment.

butters, hope the electricity does its' job.

Still raining. Rain rest of the day followed by rain tonight. Hopefully it will dry out for the drive tomorrow.
Old 02-17-2019, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stainless Steel Rat View Post
Sunny, popcorn (and probably soda) will cost you nearly as much as a dinner out. IMHO, theaters make most of their profit on hungry movie customers. Even airports don't gouge you like movie houses do.
We have a friend who inherited the movie theaters here in town. He says the movie distributors charge so much for their movies that pretty much all of the profit from the theater is from the concession stands. Of course, he doesn't charge as much for admission as the big theater chains. This is a small town and the people living here are still stuck in the 50s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttercup Smith View Post
Not much happening here today so far. Hubby is not well so we will probably wind up in Miami at the Dr. tomorrow. The cardiologist that is. He is having some issues with his heart rhythm which is an ongoing issue. We shall probably have a cardio version which is when he is sedated and an electric shock is supplied to shock the heart into normal rhythm. We have had it done before so it’s not as scary as it sounds.
After I had my pacemaker installed I was having periods of afib. One went on so long that I went to the cardiologist and he sent me down to the E.R. to have me shocked. They laid me down on the table and prepped me, and then the doc said he was gonna give me a sedative to knock me out for about 5 minutes. I said to let me know when he was gonna do it. He said "We already did"

I watched them do the same thing to Wifey once. She yelled at them, but didn't remember a thing afterwards.

Caldo Verde for dinner tonight! Yum!

Last edited by Bumbazine; 02-17-2019 at 04:21 PM.
Old 02-17-2019, 05:49 PM
Charter Member

Howdy Y'all! We deheathenated, had N.O.L., slothed and achieved nappage. All in all not a bad Sunday. The biiiiiiiiiiiiiig trash can has been hauled down to the street for pickup tomorrow. Also, steaks have been thawed and are now marinatin' as tomorrow evenin' is men's night over to the church house.

MetalMouse mayhaps you are like me and don't see the phone not workin' as a bad thing. I often tell my phone that just cause it's ringin' or beepin' at me does not mean I need to pay it any attention.
Old 02-17-2019, 06:25 PM
Charter Member

I didn't buy a live Dungeness crab; it was pre-cooked. I cleaned out all of the meat. I peeled the shells off of the shrimp. I cut up some cod. The mussels and clams will be cooked in their shells. So all I have to do is throw everything into a pot (in stages) and prepare some garlic bread, and we'll have cioppino for dinner. I bought a bottle of white wine to go with it.
Old 02-17-2019, 06:31 PM

So Mr. A-Fib is out working. I hope they tell us to come on up and admits his ass because that is the only way he will stop working. I give up trying to get him to slow down or take it easy for just one lousy day.

Burgers were supper and were good and quick and easy with minimal clean up.

Last edited by Buttercup Smith; 02-17-2019 at 06:31 PM.
Old 02-17-2019, 06:35 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Rotissed poke, corn bread, and green beans for supper - and pineapple chunks. Yum! FCD is rinsing the dishes, and I'll load them in the dishwasher as soon as he's done.

I finished my afghan and started a shawl while watching all kinds of TV. I'll go in to work tomorrow when I wake up - which means I'll wake at 4, no doubt! But I don't have to do a full day, so there's that.

Thus endeth my weekend.
Old 02-17-2019, 06:51 PM

Sounds like most of the Mumpers are having a good supper. Mine was creamy garlic chicken and fart blossoms roasted with onions and bacon. Twas good.
Old 02-17-2019, 07:59 PM

Yummy fart blossoms. Tomorrow is a holiday for me but will probably be spent in holiday traffic. We shall see.
Old 02-17-2019, 09:19 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by missred View Post
Sounds like most of the Mumpers are having a good supper. Mine was creamy garlic chicken and fart blossoms roasted with onions and bacon. Twas good.
I make poke chops with Pig Salt, sweet N.O.T.s, and broccoli with Cojita cheese.
Old 02-17-2019, 10:40 PM

Heading off to bed--long drive tomorrow (420 miles) and I want to get an early start.

Probably won't be on-line until Thorsday, so all-y'all take care next week.
Old 02-17-2019, 11:32 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by missred View Post
Sounds like most of the Mumpers are having a good supper.
Dinner.

Anyway, the cioppino was good. Plenty of leftovers, too.