Old 08-07-2018, 12:44 AM
Charter Member

T-Shirts!

Okay, I'm designing some T-shirts for sale on Amazon. So far there's only one design available (in men's, women's, and youth's). There are others waiting approval but Amazon only allows one submission a day and can take several days to approve a submission.

I may add some PopSocket designs in the future as well as more shirts.

Criticisms and suggestions are welcome.

Here's the link. As I said there's currently one design. New items will show up at this link when they're available.
https://amzn.to/2KLRMqJ

Last edited by engineer_comp_geek; 08-14-2018 at 10:05 AM. Reason: link changed per request
Old 08-07-2018, 01:25 AM

Not a criticism but is white the only shirt color?
Old 08-07-2018, 01:42 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckdawrek View Post
Not a criticism but is white the only shirt color?
No. Click on the shirt picture and it will take you to the sale page for that item. You should see different colors there are well as style and size choices.
Old 08-07-2018, 02:17 AM

Thx, I will do that.
Old 08-07-2018, 02:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidm View Post
Eh. I'm not too thrilled with the design. The circle-slash stroke is fatter compared to how thin of a font "Hate" is.

Also, the message seems a bit cliched. I've seen similar messaging done on a bunch of T-shirts before.

Last edited by Panther Modern; 08-07-2018 at 02:25 AM.
Old 08-07-2018, 05:20 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther Modern View Post
Eh. I'm not too thrilled with the design. The circle-slash stroke is fatter compared to how thin of a font "Hate" is.

Also, the message seems a bit cliched. I've seen similar messaging done on a bunch of T-shirts before.
I'm not sure that it matters one way or the other if it's cliched. The point is to sell T-shirts, not win an originality contest.

You may have a point concerning thick versus thin. I may think about taking it down and redoing it once I have some other items available (I don't want an empty store and a replacement would take several days to get approved).
Old 08-07-2018, 10:57 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

I would shrink the word "Hate" slightly so that it was totally inside the circle. As it is, half the "H" is covered.
Old 08-07-2018, 11:10 AM

Quote:
I'm not sure that it matters one way or the other if it's cliched. The point is to sell T-shirts, not win an originality contest.
If you really want to capitalize on the current political market, you should sell QAnon T-shirts. There are plenty of people who'll jump at a $20 shirt about a bullshit conspiracy.
Old 08-07-2018, 12:00 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
If you really want to capitalize on the current political market, you should sell QAnon T-shirts. There are plenty of people who'll jump at a $20 shirt about a bullshit conspiracy.
That could be profitable but I really don't want to encourage that kind of dangerous nonsense. I need to be able to live with myself.
Old 08-07-2018, 07:34 PM

Here's an idea. After the second HRC/DJT debate, I went looking for a matched set of "Bad Hombre" and "Nasty Woman" tees. I found dozens of each shirt on Amazon, but no matched set.
Old 08-07-2018, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes View Post
Here's an idea. After the second HRC/DJT debate, I went looking for a matched set of "Bad Hombre" and "Nasty Woman" tees. I found dozens of each shirt on Amazon, but no matched set.

Great idea.

You could also make T-shirts of every nickname Trump ever used: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List...y_Donald_Trump.

The Trumpettes will eat that up. Congrats on retiring early.
Old 08-07-2018, 08:28 PM

Colored T-shirts might be more appealing to some people. Would certainly make the images pop when people are shopping online.
Old 08-07-2018, 08:56 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
"Bad Girl" is available now and "Bad Boy" (same font etc.) is still in the submission / approval pipeline.

Last edited by davidm; 08-07-2018 at 08:59 PM.
Old 08-07-2018, 08:58 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriPolar View Post
Colored T-shirts might be more appealing to some people. Would certainly make the images pop when people are shopping online.
Various colors are already available.
Old 08-11-2018, 07:49 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Quote:
"Bad Girl" is available now and "Bad Boy" (same font etc.) is still in the submission / approval pipeline.
The Bad Girl/Bad Boy shirts are good looking, but they aren't a useful or suitable response to the message you replied to. Using wording that is "similar in meaning" to the original comment, but doesn't get it right, will be seen either as irrelevant and unrelated, or as obtuse and out of touch. If you're making fun of a political slogan, the wording has to be 100% precisely right.

If you're against making anything political, it would probably be better to just say that.

Last edited by DavidwithanR; 08-11-2018 at 07:51 AM.
Old 08-11-2018, 03:03 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidwithanR View Post
The Bad Girl/Bad Boy shirts are good looking, but they aren't a useful or suitable response to the message you replied to. Using wording that is "similar in meaning" to the original comment, but doesn't get it right, will be seen either as irrelevant and unrelated, or as obtuse and out of touch. If you're making fun of a political slogan, the wording has to be 100% precisely right.

If you're against making anything political, it would probably be better to just say that.
I guess I didn't get the political connotations. I'm most definitely not out of touch. I'm also not against making anything political (check out my newest offerings). There's no need to get snarky.
Old 08-11-2018, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Quote:
I agree that Bad Hombre and Nasty Woman would be good additions. Bad Girl and Bad Boy are fine if you want to leave them in the line up, but they don't have any obvious connection to the Nasty Woman brouhaha, and they read as sexual labels.
Old 08-11-2018, 07:41 PM

TOTAL aside here, but...how do we not do a t-shirt exchange in the same vein as shot glass etc.?
Old 08-12-2018, 12:05 AM
Charter Member

"Bad Hombre" and "Nasty Woman" are now designed and are both in the submission pipeline. They both use the same font and coloring as the "Bad Boy" and "Bad Girl" t-shirts. It will be several days before they're both available.
Old 08-12-2018, 12:55 AM
BANNED

Quote:
I guess I didn't get the political connotations. I'm most definitely not out of touch. I'm also not against making anything political (check out my newest offerings). There's no need to get snarky.
Sorry - my tone obviously came across snarky. It definitely wasn't meant that way, and it didn't sound snarky in my head. I've been blind to that before too - I try to guard against it, but often forget or fail.
Old 08-12-2018, 01:26 AM
Charter Member

No problem. I probably overreacted. Anyway, "Bad Hombre" and "Nasty Woman" seem to be popular so I have the matching pair in the pipeline.
Old 08-26-2018, 09:21 AM

Quote:
...There's no need to get snarky.
Suggestion 1: Develop a thicker skin if you are going to ask for input.

Suggestion 2: I know there are colors other than white available, but I didn't know that until you explained it. Maybe the examples should be shown in different colors. All that white is a turn-off.

Good luck,

mmm

Last edited by Mean Mr. Mustard; 08-26-2018 at 09:22 AM.
Old 08-26-2018, 11:55 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Mr. Mustard View Post
I know there are colors other than white available, but I didn't know that until you explained it. Maybe the examples should be shown in different colors. All that white is a turn-off.

Good luck,

mmm
Amazon's software determines how things are displayed. I have no control over it.
Old 08-26-2018, 04:02 PM

OP, how many shirts have sold?
Old 08-26-2018, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Amazon's software determines how things are displayed. I have no control over it.
Weird. I see all sorts of different colors of clothing displayed on Amazon.

mmm

Last edited by Mean Mr. Mustard; 08-26-2018 at 04:32 PM.
Old 08-27-2018, 01:16 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Weird. I see all sorts of different colors of clothing displayed on Amazon.

mmm
This is a specific program called Amazon Merch. You upload your graphics and choose the available shirt colors and styles. They take care of payments, shipping, etc., and you get a cut of all sales.

There's nothing weird about it. They're the ones selling the shirts, they have a template they use, and I have no control over it. The main sales page for a given shirt design shows all of the available colors.
Old 08-27-2018, 10:55 AM

Maybe my Amazon Assistant app does it for me, but when I change to the style and color I like but go to another design it stays what I selected (even in the great new designs).
Old 08-28-2018, 05:38 PM

I really dislike the designs where multiple horizontal words spell out a vertical word with highlighted letters. They look cheap, amateurish, and unimaginative.

The TRUMP one in particular is awkward the way it is shoehorned to fit your idea. You even ignored one of the words in your phrase to make it work.

mmm
Old 08-28-2018, 05:53 PM

David, which designs have sold so far?
Old 08-28-2018, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawth Chucka View Post
My guess is none, as OP didn't answer my previous question.
Old 08-29-2018, 01:30 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
My guess is none, as OP didn't answer my previous question.
OP didn't answer your previous question because OP just now noticed it. Thank you for pointing it out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawth Chucka View Post
I've sold two "Who Would Jesus Deport" t-shirts. That's the design you suggested, so thank you!
Quote:
The TRUMP one in particular is awkward the way it is shoehorned to fit your idea. You even ignored one of the words in your phrase to make it work.

mmm
What word did I ignore?
Old 08-29-2018, 03:34 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
What word did I ignore?
I'll answer my own question because I just realized what you meant, or at least what I think you meant.

At first I thought that you meant the phrase was completely missing a word. I now realize that you meant the word "wars", because I didn't include it in the formation of "TRUMP".

I see what you're saying. I didn't see it as a problem and I'm still not sure that I do. I was thinking of "Trade Wars" as a single phrase that belongs on one line.

Yes I forced the acronym but I'm not sure that that's a problem.

If it doesn't sell then I'll eventually replace it with something else. Amazon only allows 10 designs, at least to start, and they'll remove designs that don't sell even if I don't remove them myself.

In any case I appreciate the critique.
Old 08-29-2018, 07:04 AM

Are you open to suggestions for future shirts?

If so, do they necessarily have to be Trump related?

I'd be happy to contribute some ideas.

mmm
Old 08-29-2018, 09:16 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Are you open to suggestions for future shirts?

If so, do they necessarily have to be Trump related?

I'd be happy to contribute some ideas.

mmm
I'm absolutely open. Maybe I'll replace the trade wars shirt. I'm starting to agree that it's a bad design.

They do not have to be Trump related. They can be poltical or completely apolitical. About the only restriction would be that I will not do anything pro-Trump. Also, Amazon won't allow anything violence or adult themed, and obviously I can't violate any trademarks or copyrights.

Also, they don't have to be strictly text. I'm not a talented artist but I can do some simple graphics.

Last edited by davidm; 08-29-2018 at 09:21 AM.
Old 08-29-2018, 11:01 AM

OK, just off the top of my head (all Trumps, cuz you got me thinking about him):

George W: Greatest GOP Prez of the Millennium

(length may be an issue)

George W: Looking Better Every Day

Dump Trump

(stylized so D is over TR, and UMP is larger and shared by both words)

My Walls Have Windows and Doors

(maybe too vague?)

mmm
Old 08-29-2018, 11:04 AM
Charter Member

Yeah, I don't get the "windows and doors" thing.
Old 08-29-2018, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Yeah, I don't get the "windows and doors" thing.
Yep, scratch that one.

It's a reference to Trump's border wall.

Most walls have windows and doors to allow access both ways, or at least communication or exchange of thoughts and ideas. Trump's wall is solid, designed to shut out those who are not like 'us'.

mmm
Old 08-29-2018, 03:44 PM
Charter Member

Okay, I get it now, but others may be as dense as me.
Old 08-29-2018, 08:27 PM

davidm. I designed a line of tee shirts for you to include in your eCommerce site. Feel free to use them free of charge (unless you start making mucho dinero ... then, I won't say "no" to a fee of 15% of gross sales ).

Your new Tee Shirt Line!

It's kind of a lark. But, if you do want some help in your endeavor, let me know.
Old 08-30-2018, 12:04 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tibby View Post
davidm. I designed a line of tee shirts for you to include in your eCommerce site. Feel free to use them free of charge (unless you start making mucho dinero ... then, I won't say "no" to a fee of 15% of gross sales ).

Your new Tee Shirt Line!

It's kind of a lark. But, if you do want some help in your endeavor, let me know.
The cat one might do well. My only concern would be the source of the photo. I don't want any copyright problems.
Old 08-31-2018, 09:33 AM

Quote:

Your new Tee Shirt Line!

Hilarious.
Old 10-10-2018, 04:14 AM

Quote:
Okay, I'm designing some T-shirts for sale on Amazon. So far there's only one design available (in men's, women's, and youth's). There are others waiting approval but Amazon only allows one submission a day and can take several days to approve a submission.

I may add some PopSocket designs in the future as well as more shirts.

Here's the link. As I said there's currently one design. New items will show up at this link when they're available.
https://amzn.to/2KLRMqJ
This link does not seem to be working anymore? I can't access it?
Old 10-10-2018, 04:45 AM
Charter Member

I'm not sure why. It works for me. What happens when you click on it?
Old 10-10-2018, 07:46 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

I get a 404 error.
Old 10-10-2018, 07:47 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Works now.
Old 10-10-2018, 07:50 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Quote:

Your new Tee Shirt Line!

Now getting a "Not Found-404 error" from this link.
Old 10-10-2018, 12:37 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czarcasm View Post
Now getting a "Not Found-404 error" from this link.
It must be something on your end or some problem with your provider.

What does this link show you?
https://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/amzn.to
Old 11-11-2018, 09:56 AM

I love my new shirts and I thought I’d throw in a plug.

I got two of them, one was “normal” fit and the other was hugely oversized (to wear with leggings).

The actual shirts are very high quality, soft and well-fitting. Which is very important to me. I’m going to wear my MAGA shirt to Thanksgiving dinner with friends, I’ve already “gotten permission” from the hostess and confirmed I’m not going to start a Thanksgiving Day fight within someone else’s family.

Last edited by Ann Hedonia; 11-11-2018 at 09:57 AM.