Old Today, 01:05 AM

The strange "b" word bipartisan has been a thing lately with the First Step Act, proposing surprisingly progressive reforms like ending the “three strikes” policy mandating life in prison for third-time drug offenders and adds incentives for low-risk inmates..
Whenever I see the name Koch my -meter goes up, and the act's name, "First Step", (well to me, anyway) has ominous overtones of future steps that might not be as reasonable as this one. Hopefully those suspicions will eventually be proven wrong.
Then again, it'll be another thing to get the FSA past the Senate and Turtley McTurtleface, who apparently feels there's bigger priorities.
Old Today, 08:53 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siam Sam View Post
b) If you are the type of person who has to be told skipping the 100th anniversary of the end of WWI would be a PR nightmare, then that is yet more proof you do not and never have deserved to be president.
Could have been worse; imagine if he'd been president forty years ago during the Bicentennial celebration.
Old Today, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDog View Post
Could have been worse; imagine if he'd been president forty years ago during the Bicentennial celebration.
Oh, I think he would have loved that. All those big, huge parades with millions of people cheering and smiling and service people dressed up marching and tanks and fireworks!

Of course he would have thought it was for him and not the birth of our country.
Old Today, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest-starring: Id! View Post
Whenever I see the name Koch my -meter goes up, and the act's name, "First Step", (well to me, anyway) has ominous overtones of future steps that might not be as reasonable as this one. Hopefully those suspicions will eventually be proven wrong.
Then again, it'll be another thing to get the FSA past the Senate and Turtley McTurtleface, who apparently feels there's bigger priorities.
Now that you mention it: there was a Koch spokesman on PBS NewsHour last night discussing the bill...and I kept waiting for Judy Woodruff to ask "what the hell do the Koch's care?" but she dropped the ball.

So, what is the Koch's interest in criminal justice reform?
Old Today, 09:38 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDog View Post
Imagine if he'd been there when Columbia burned up on re-entry, talking about how the pieces fell across "three of the states I carried"....
Old Today, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siam Sam View Post
Disgusting but hardly surprising.

a) If you did not foster an atmosphere in which your aides were afraid to approach you with any information, any at all, that has the slightest chance of annoying you, then mabe they would tell you.

and

b) If you are the type of person who has to be told skipping the 100th anniversary of the end of WWI would be a PR nightmare, then that is yet more proof you do not and never have deserved to be president.
Bolding mine. Seriously. This is just more proof of what a dumb fuck he is.

"Eh, Mr. President, no stomping on kittens and strangling puppies might garner you some support of a... fringe element, but overall, it will look pretty bad".
Old Today, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve MB View Post
Imagine if he'd been there when Columbia burned up on re-entry, talking about how the pieces fell across "three of the states I carried"....
Before the debris even hit the ground, we'd probably be seeing a Tweet something like this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by the Donald J. Trump that lives in my head
There is no reason for these massive, deadly and costly space shuttle crashes except that NASA management is so poor. Billions of dollars are given each year, with so many lives lost, all because of gross mismanagement of the space program. Remedy now, or no more Fed payments! SPACE FORCE!