Old 06-22-2018, 06:24 PM
Charter Member

I could see an Obi-Wan Kenobi origin movie, as most people are familiar with the character (although didn't the preview movies cover the same territory?). But Boba Fett? I doubt the casual viewer is familiar with the character. On the other hand, Marvel manages to make movies about obscure, unfamiliar characters and they've had a very long winning streak.
Old 06-22-2018, 07:23 PM

The thing is there are a lot more possibilities with a mostly blank character like Boba than someone like Obi Wan. We already know the entirety of Obi Wan's story, what he was up to for 17 years in the desert is really not necessary.
Old 06-22-2018, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalC View Post
Heard it was a rumor, already denied.
I suppose it’s a matter of degree/interpretation. This went up four hours ago:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...opment-1122655
Quote:
Disney and Lucasfilm are reassessing their plans for future Star Wars movies in the wake of the disappointing performance of Solo: A Star Wars Story, which is having to fight to make much more than $350 million worldwide, sources tell The Hollywood Reporter.[...]

Certainly, hopes for a Solo sequel have been dashed, and any ideas of exploring the subsection that fans call the "Star Wars Underworld" may also be dashed, even if only temporarily.

Last edited by SlackerInc; 06-22-2018 at 07:29 PM.
Old 06-22-2018, 08:55 PM
SDSAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalC View Post
The thing is there are a lot more possibilities with a mostly blank character like Boba than someone like Obi Wan. We already know the entirety of Obi Wan's story, what he was up to for 17 years in the desert is really not necessary.
I disagree. We don't know anything canon about him, really, before he was Qui-Gon's padawan, do we? His discovery of his Force powers and the journey which brought him to Coruscant could be quite interesting.
Old 06-22-2018, 10:34 PM

Apparently, I'm a Star Wars FanBoi!1!1!

Would not have thought so, but I finally saw Solo (with reduced expectations), and was giggling and fist pumping right along with the MegaNerds in my row. So many little details, and I know I missed most of them, having only seen the movies.

I thought directing and acting were damn good, esp.Lando, and the dialog was snappier than Lucas ever dreamed of.
Old Yesterday, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elendil's Heir View Post
I disagree. We don't know anything canon about him, really, before he was Qui-Gon's padawan, do we? His discovery of his Force powers and the journey which brought him to Coruscant could be quite interesting.

If it is "normal" Jedi procedure, he was brought in as a small child.