Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2018, 11:04 PM

You should start your poll by asking all the women you encounter if they would want to be called "hot" in*all circumstances*. So that judge your arguing in front of? Hot in the bedroom and the courtroom. Ditto for your professional colleagues. If your wife wants you to call her hot, clearly she must enjoy it whether it's coming from her doctor, the police officer who pulled her over, her boss, and any random skeevy dude who wants to say it, right?

If they enjoy it in one context, clearly they must in ALL circumstances, right? Or do you think some differences may lay in the context?
Old 12-17-2018, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraVires View Post
Can a poster use the term "fairer sex"?
But you said you don't want a lexicon.
Old 12-17-2018, 11:10 PM
Extrajudicial

@UV - Just for my edification, do you understand what I am saying contrasting prescriptive vs. descriptive?

Last edited by Bone; 12-17-2018 at 11:11 PM.
Old 12-17-2018, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Can a poster use the term "fairer sex"?
But you don't want a lexicon, remember?.
Old 12-17-2018, 11:11 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
This thread is Exhibit A on how this board is becoming a left wing echo chamber.
Did you lose the previous dozen or so threads that you labeled Exhibit A on how we're an echo chamber? Surely this is like Exhibit R or S at the very least.

In any case, if you believe that conservatives are unable to speak unless they're allowed to talk about how hot random women are, you have a pretty spiffy idea about conservatism.

I'm curious whether you think that other locations where such speech in unacceptable--say, a doctor's office, or a Sunday school class, or a parent-teacher conference, or a synagogue service--are also left wing echo chambers.

Last edited by Left Hand of Dorkness; 12-17-2018 at 11:12 PM.
Old 12-17-2018, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bone View Post
@UV - Just for my edification, do you understand what I am saying contrasting prescriptive vs. descriptive?
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelliebly View Post
But you don't want a lexicon, remember?.
I don't. This was merely an example of things I would like answered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Hand of Dorkness View Post
Did you lose the previous dozen or so threads that you labeled Exhibit A on how we're an echo chamber? Surely this is like Exhibit R or S at the very least.

In any case, if you believe that conservatives are unable to speak unless they're allowed to talk about how hot random women are, you have a pretty spiffy idea about conservatism.

I'm curious whether you think that other locations where such speech in unacceptable--say, a doctor's office, or a Sunday school class, or a parent-teacher conference, or a synagogue service--are also left wing echo chambers.
I'm probably at Exhibit Z.

I never said that we cannot debate without talking about how hot women are. That's a cheap shot and a strawman.

Of course such speech is not acceptable in all settings. I never understood this place to be a Sunday School service, nor is it in any other context except with regard to this topic. We indeed don't speak like we would to our mothers or to younger children. Otherwise the word "fuck" would be banned. This board allows salty language and discussion of topics that most other boards would shut down immediately.

But not when it comes to this topic! Whew, boy, no! When it comes to physical appearance, we now must act with the genteel-ness as if we are addressing a southern plantation owner's wife in 1845. Except when we don't.
Old 12-17-2018, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Sure. Close the thread. That's what always happens to these threads and why they keep reappearing. "General decency and respect for others"? That is a rule only for this topic as it is not at all followed in any other area.

Well, respectfully, that is horseshit and you might as well close the thread. My questions were pretty simple. I guess someone will have to post them and see if they are modded when they could have been given an answer here. This thread is Exhibit A on how this board is becoming a left wing echo chamber.
So it is your position that right wingers are creepy jerks?
Old 12-17-2018, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snfaulkner View Post
So it is your position that right wingers are creepy jerks?
Well, obviously only liberals would object in ANY situation to being labeled a hottie. Conservatives know that being yelled at on the street or in a professional setting- like a courtroom- is meant in only a complimentary way.
Old 12-17-2018, 11:43 PM
Domo Arigato Mister Moderato

No, your questions weren't perfectly simple. I'm left to believe that either the gulf is too large for us to cross or you are being intentionally obtuse.

I'll be charitable and leave it at the former. But that puts you in the position, since you claim to not understand, of posting and taking your chances. Good luck with that.

Indeed, closed.
Closed Thread