Old 01-13-2019, 09:03 PM

(Question about an extremely gruesome murder) Regarding the murdered women in Morocco

My questions is about the two Scandinavian women murdered in Morocco.

I watched the video unfortunately. PLEASE DO NOT WATCH IT if you are sensitive like me. It's extremely bad.

I am enraged to the point where no word can describe it. Anyways.

Murderers started beheading the women from the back of their neck. Why?

Follow up question: How long did these poor women have to endure the pain? 10 seconds maximum? I hope not long.
Old 01-13-2019, 09:19 PM

I think we can all agree the lesson here is don't go to shitty places.
Old 01-13-2019, 09:27 PM

In all honesty though my fat, white Dad went to Morocco about ten years ago and had a good experience but he did say he had one uncomfortable encounter where he walked into a bar I think and everyone just stopped and stared at him like he was an alien.
Old 01-13-2019, 09:47 PM
Charter Member

For anyone else who isn't familiar with this case (I wasn't until I saw this thread), here is the Wikipedia article about it.
Old 01-13-2019, 09:47 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pool View Post
I think we can all agree the lesson here is don't go to shitty places.
Morocco isn't a shitty place by any means. You're significantly more likely to be killed by terrorists (apparently they assume it was terrorists?) in France than in Morocco.
Old 01-13-2019, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverocK View Post
My questions is about the two Scandinavian women murdered in Morocco.

I watched the video unfortunately. PLEASE DO NOT WATCH IT if you are sensitive like me. It's extremely bad.

I am enraged to the point where no word can describe it. Anyways.

Follow up question: How long did these poor women have to endure the pain? 10 seconds maximum? I hope not long.
Probably a lot longer than 10 seconds. As long as the brain has oxygenated blood supplying it, it will have consciousness. And slicing from the back of the neck means it takes a while to reach the carotid and jugular, which are on the front side.
Old 01-13-2019, 09:56 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
In all honesty though my fat, white Dad went to Morocco about ten years ago and had a good experience but he did say he had one uncomfortable encounter where he walked into a bar I think and everyone just stopped and stared at him like he was an alien.
And in fact he was an alien. Moroccans see *a lot* of tourists. It might not be very well known in the USA, I wouldn't know, but it's a major touristic destination for Europeans. Unless I guess you go to middle of nowhere (and even then, more and more people are buying properties in middle-of-nowhere, Morocco, because the prime areas were Europeans were buying secondary residences aren't as cheap anymore as they used to be) nobody will be surprised to see a tourist. Even though I obviously can't know, it seems more likely to me than your father entered some bar where only regular customers from the neighborhood go, and they reacted as they would in a similar place around your place or around mine. That or he was wearing a funny hat.
Old 01-13-2019, 09:58 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocity View Post
Probably a lot longer than 10 seconds. As long as the brain has oxygenated blood supplying it, it will have consciousness. And slicing from the back of the neck means it takes a while to reach the carotid and jugular, which are on the front side.
Wait...wouldn't they lose consciousness simply because of the brutal shocks at the base of the head? I know that people don't lose consciousness when you club them on the head like in movies, but beginning to decapitate them?
Old 01-13-2019, 10:02 PM

Quote:
For the same reason that the guillotine and, back in the day, executions by sword or axe started from the back of the neck. Transecting the spinal cord leads to instant paralysis which mean you get no resistance or evasion from the victim

Quote:
Haven't watched the video, and won't watch it. Beheading leads to sudden and complete loss of cranial blood pressure, which produces almost instant unconsciousness so, if the job is done quickly, then not long at all.
Old 01-13-2019, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clairobscur View Post
Wait...wouldn't they lose consciousness simply because of the brutal shocks at the base of the head? I know that people don't lose consciousness when you club them on the head like in movies, but beginning to decapitate them?
Disclaimer: I am no medical professional by any means, am just WAG-ing. But I think it is unfortunately a lot harder to lose consciousness based off of impact to head or neck than we would like.

Double disclaimer. I didn't watch the video. Are the women having their heads lopped off cleanly in one blow, or slowly sawed through their neck?
Old 01-13-2019, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocity View Post
Are the women having their heads lopped off cleanly in one blow, or slowly sawed through their neck?
No, not in one blow. They slowly sawed through her neck and she kind of tries to resist, but... God, it's horrible.
Old 01-13-2019, 10:25 PM

I just watched the video it's a slow but persistent sawing motion in the beginning, but she seems to be conscious no more than about 10 seconds, give or take. It takes a special kind of unfeeling animal to be able to do that to a human being.
Old 01-13-2019, 10:27 PM

Quote:
... (apparently they assume it was terrorists?) ..
I don't think it's just an assumption at this point. The perpetrators announced it.
Old 01-13-2019, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Morocco isn't a shitty place by any means. You're significantly more likely to be killed by terrorists (apparently they assume it was terrorists?) in France than in Morocco.
Yeah? Where do all these French terrorists come from originally?
Old 01-13-2019, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Yeah? Where do all these French terrorists come from originally?
Paris or Marseilles usually.