Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 06:33 PM
Charter Member

Done - hopefully it worked to give you credit! It was a large-ish order (I needed a lot of stuff to organize the pantry).
Old 06-18-2012, 10:19 PM

Mama Zappa can you PM me the order confirmation number?
Old 06-18-2012, 10:29 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by congodwarf View Post
Mama Zappa can you PM me the order confirmation number?
I just emailed the email confirmation to the address in your profile, figured it couldn't hurt to have the whole message.

I hope they gave you credit - it's all stuff I need, but I might not have gotten so much right now otherwise.
Old 06-19-2012, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Paula - I looked through the obsolete parts and can't find that (the whole thing or just the lid). I'm thinking that if you want to stay with the same style, eBay is your best bet. The good news is that they don't seem particularly expensive on eBay.

Antigen and anyone else having issues - is the link working for you now?

Thanks, I didn't see your message until the auction had ended but I'll keep looking. And I plan to place an order through your party this weekend - I want one of those egg cookers!
Old 06-19-2012, 12:21 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
If you know of anyone who is going to college in September, you can help them out by giving them this or this. These are just two of the many microwave items that make life a heck of a lot easier, especially for people with little space and time. Both are very small....
The spaghetti maker allows you to put water and pasta (any kind) in the container and then in the microwave. It requires no stirring or watching. When it's done, you just pop the lid on to strain because the lid has a strainer built in. This makes it easy for a busy student to have a quick, healthy, and inexpensive meal without ever having to leave their dorm or breaking their study concentration! I just bought one of these for my step-dad because their stove doesn't work but he loves pasta. My friend got one at a party and hasn't managed to put it away since she got it because she uses it pretty much every day. You can even use it to make boxed macaroni and cheese!
Heh - we got one, for my son who is indeed going off to college in August. He'll most likely have a small microwave in his room, and this will let him have stuff like ramen etc. there.
Old 06-19-2012, 06:15 PM

Mama Zappa - There was a problem and it was totally my fault (basically my online access was active when I set up the party but I forgot to reup it and it lapsed so your order was in consultant limbo.) I paid the whopping $3.50 to reup my online access and contacted support. So, your order is now actually showing up on the party and I will indeed get credit for it!

Thank you so much for the order!
Old 06-19-2012, 09:15 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Mama Zappa - There was a problem and it was totally my fault (basically my online access was active when I set up the party but I forgot to reup it and it lapsed so your order was in consultant limbo.) I paid the whopping $3.50 to reup my online access and contacted support. So, your order is now actually showing up on the party and I will indeed get credit for it!

Thank you so much for the order!
Phew!!

We just found that a new bag of whole-wheat flour came with extra protein, which was flying around the kitchen, so I want to be able to get everything possible sealed up in plastic - hence the big order!!
Old 06-21-2012, 06:40 PM

1 week left!

Just a reminder that I will be closing this order in exactly 1 week (Thursday, June 28). So, if you want anything, please get your order in before 6:30 PM EST.

*If you desperately want something but absolutely can't order until Friday the 29th, send me a PM.
Old 06-24-2012, 11:55 PM

Humm - I'm trying to order but it doesn't like that I'm in Canada - do you know of a work around for this?
Old 06-25-2012, 09:16 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Just a reminder that I will be closing this order in exactly 1 week (Thursday, June 28). So, if you want anything, please get your order in before 6:30 PM EST.

*If you desperately want something but absolutely can't order until Friday the 29th, send me a PM.
I should just slip in under the wire for the 28th - got my big box-o-plastic, containerized all my kitchen stuff, saw I needed still more....

Interestingly, I'd bought a couple of Rubbermaid containers that seemed to be their answer to Modular Mates - though they didn't have nearly the selection of sizes etc. However, when I was shuffling things around, I found two of them, and found that for my purpose (storing tubes of Ritz crackers), they worked *better* than the Tupperware.

Off to do some more Windows-shopping .
Old 06-25-2012, 09:58 AM
Retired Straight Dope Staff
Charter Member

Which is better- Crystal Wave or vent and Serve? I'm deciding between two microwave coup mugs.
Old 06-25-2012, 11:03 AM

Soapy - I would go for Vent and Serve. The hard clear plastic is much more resistant to tomato staining than the regular plastic. I've also never used the CrystalWave so I don't know if they stay cool during cooking but the Vent and Serve definitely does. You can take it right out of the microwave right after cooking with no problem at all.

Alice - I just sent an email to my director to see if there's a solution (I'm wondering if it's the money and shipping they don't like or just the shipping. If it's just the shipping, we can work around it.)
Old 06-25-2012, 11:08 AM
Charter Member

Cool! Thanks!
Old 06-25-2012, 11:11 AM

You're welcome. By the way, if you look in Online Exclusives, there's a Vent and Serve set of 2 that's not much more expensive than the single.
Old 06-25-2012, 11:21 AM

Is it possible to buy just a lid? My husband melted the lid of one of our modular mates tubs, and now my sugar is sad and uncovered.
Old 06-25-2012, 11:22 AM

Do you know which one it was?
Old 06-25-2012, 05:26 PM
Charter Member

I just ordered. Please make sure it credited you!
Old 06-25-2012, 05:31 PM

Can you PM me your confirmation number? Looks like I might have to contact support again. I had thought the problem was my fault but my issue is cleared up. I hope they can tell me why its doing this.
Old 06-25-2012, 05:37 PM
Charter Member

Done
Old 06-25-2012, 05:38 PM

Thanks. I sent another email. I hope they can explain what the problem is instead of just fixing it. This is mildly annoying.
Old 06-25-2012, 07:45 PM
Charter Member

Any guidance on how much spaghetti the Modular Mates spaghetti dispenser holds? It just lists a volume figure, which is annoying. We tend to buy our spaghetti in 3-pound boxes and I don't think this would do the job.

That's actually a major failing of the website: for their storage stuff, they don't give hints of how much food something would hold. A liter/cup measurement is better than nothing, but for example I have no idea how many cups of flour are in a regular 5 pound bag, I just know it fits - just barely - in my Square 3. It would be nice if they listed the volume, and "holds 2 pounds of dried beans" or "holds a 10 pound bag of rice" or whatever. So if you have the opportunity to make a suggestion to the folks "upstairs", pass that on.
Old 06-25-2012, 10:52 PM

Soapy - I think it just took a while to show up because it's there now. Thank you!!

Mama Zappa - a square 3 holds 17 cups so there should be more than enough room for a 5 pound bag of flour (there are two cups in a pound so 10 cups in a 5 pound bag). I suspect that it's a poof thing when you transplant the flour from the tightly packed bag to the container. Try putting the lid on and banging it on the counter to release trapped air. You should be able to fit more flour that way.

I did some searching online and found a review of the spaghetti dispenser which says that it holds up to 2 pounds of spaghetti. This sounds about right since a box is typically one pound so two pounds would be 4 cups and the capacity of the dispenser is 4-3/4 cups. So just make sure you use up a pound of spaghetti every time you open a 3 pound box.
Old 06-26-2012, 11:14 AM

Order placed last night - I can't wait to get my egg cooker!

And re Crystalwave v. Vent n Serve: Never used the Vent n Serve, but we love the Crystalwave line at our house, especially the soup mugs. I have half a dozen of them now. My husband has a disability which makes it hard to hold things, and he loves that they are lightweight and have a handle. He doesn't really heat foods up in them, but he uses them to eat cereal and other things as well as soup. Plus they won't break when he drops them! I also use them as prep bowls when making stuff like veggie stir fry.
Old 06-26-2012, 12:04 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Soapy - I think it just took a while to show up because it's there now. Thank you!!

Mama Zappa - a square 3 holds 17 cups so there should be more than enough room for a 5 pound bag of flour (there are two cups in a pound so 10 cups in a 5 pound bag). I suspect that it's a poof thing when you transplant the flour from the tightly packed bag to the container. Try putting the lid on and banging it on the counter to release trapped air. You should be able to fit more flour that way.

I did some searching online and found a review of the spaghetti dispenser which says that it holds up to 2 pounds of spaghetti. This sounds about right since a box is typically one pound so two pounds would be 4 cups and the capacity of the dispenser is 4-3/4 cups. So just make sure you use up a pound of spaghetti every time you open a 3 pound box.
LOL! We can't guarantee we'd do that, unfortunately. Oh well. We actually have an older spaghetti keeper - the kind with the pushbutton lid (that matches those pitchers - do they still sell those? we had 2, and the pushbuttons somehow BOTH fell into the garbage disposal and got slightly chewed). If the newer one did a better job of holding a full box of pasta, I might go for it. As it is, we want to be able to transfer our spaghetti to the holder as soon as it comes into the house (due to the pantry moth problem that is prompting this whole Modular Mates binge).

A cute story from when I bought that spaghetti keeper: it was in 1983 or so. A co-worker had a tupperware party and I ordered some stuff, which she brought into the office. While handing it over, she commented "huh. We never have spaghetti around that long". Another person chimed in, without missing a beat, "that's funny - ours COMES that long".

Our pantry, right now, looks so EMPTY. Part of that is putting all the stuff we're keeping into the containers, which do get rid of a lot of wasted space. And part is that we've done a lot of throwing out of old and/or potentially infested stuff. If the box was *dusty*, we figured it needed to go!!

I know the square 3 will fit a whole bag of flour, as I've been using them for that for 20+ years . I do have to tap the container down a little bit to make things settle, especially if there's still flour left when I add more. I think I'm going to get a couple rectangle 2s (18 vs 17 cup capacity), both for the added "wiggle room" and the fact that I can stack two of those on my shelves (or put one on top of the rectangle 3 where I keep rice - my shelves are fixed and I've found they just handle 5-tall Modular Mates.

But anyway, my point there was that when we're trying to figure out container sizes, it'd be nice if the web page had hints of common food items that would fit - like the bag of flour, or my 10 pound bag of rice that fits into the rectangle 3.
Old 06-26-2012, 12:23 PM
Charter Member

Huh: answering my own grumble about storage:
http://order.tupperware.com/coe-pdf/...rage-chart.pdf

That was on the search results when I just typed "modular mates" into their search bar, it was near the bottom and had a circular kind of icon.
Old 06-26-2012, 05:39 PM

Paula - Thanks for the order!

Alice - According to my director, the system wont take payment from or ship to Canada (which is dumb). The only other option I can think of is for you to tell me what you want and I can enter it under my name and have it ship to me. You can Paypal, or send a check to me. When the stuff arrives, I can forward it to you. If you want to do that, send me a PM or an email and we can work out the details.

Mama - Are you talking about the Counterparts set? See here If you are, I found the part number for the spaghetti canister in the obsolete parts but it says it's unavailable. Besides, it's the whole thing, not just the lid. But, I bet you could find replacement lids online. As far as I can tell, it's the Counterparts V container that holds the spaghetti.

Have you considered using one of the long oval Modular Mates for the spaghetti? It wouldn't dispense it in specific measurements but you could fit way more than 3 pounds in one of the taller ovals or rectangles. Then you can just pop the lid off and grab a handful when you need it.

I can't wait until I can get a lot of Modular Mates. My pantry is so cluttered and I hate it.

Last edited by congodwarf; 06-26-2012 at 05:40 PM.
Old 06-26-2012, 06:05 PM
Charter Member

Hope this worked out for you and was worth the effort!
Old 06-26-2012, 06:37 PM
Charter Member

Quote:

Mama - Are you talking about the Counterparts set? See here If you are, I found the part number for the spaghetti canister in the obsolete parts but it says it's unavailable. Besides, it's the whole thing, not just the lid. But, I bet you could find replacement lids online. As far as I can tell, it's the Counterparts V container that holds the spaghetti.
I can't wait until I can get a lot of Modular Mates. My pantry is so cluttered and I hate it.
Yep - mine is the Counterparts. It's fine, actually, aside from a chip on the top rim which is purely cosmetic. The lid works the same as the the lids on the Classic Pitchers (the push button); it's the push-button inserts for my 2 pitchers that got "et" by the garbage disposal. The pitchers are still usable, it's just a pain to get the lid assembly to fit together as a result.

I was thinking about trying one of the long ovals for spaghetti - I'll check one of the ones I already got, against the spaghetti I stuck in the freezer the other day, to make sure it'll fit lengthwise. The PDF that I linked to suggests the super oval 1 will hold a half pound, and the super oval 4 would hold 5 pounds.

Last edited by Mama Zappa; 06-26-2012 at 06:38 PM.
Old 06-27-2012, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvoryTowerDenizen View Post
Hope this worked out for you and was worth the effort!
It's worth the effort if you are all happy with your purchases!
Old 06-27-2012, 06:35 PM

24 hour reminder!!

This is the final reminder that this online party will be closing tomorrow night. If you want to place an order, please do so within the next 24 hours.

The good news is that if you want to order but can't do it before tomorrow night, you can still order! At the top of the party page, where all the links are, is a link to my personal site and you can order from there too and there's no deadline for it.

Now, way back at the beginning I told you all about my favorite pieces. Well, I forgot one so I'm gonna end with one last one.

The best can opener I've ever owned

I love this thing. It's righty or lefty and it makes safety lids when it cuts. I've used other can openers which do that too but this is by far the easiest to use. It moves so smoothly and cuts so neatly that I'm frequently not sure if it even did cut the lid until I find the seam and lift up the totally smooth metal.

A story about can openers.....

Last June, I was delivering some dog and cat food to a church in Brimfield MA. The church was the collection and distribution point for donations after the totally unexpected tornado we had (I know tornadoes aren't usually expected anyway but this is MA so they're even less expected). One of the ladies I talked to asked me if I needed a can opener. I said that I didn't because I didn't lose power and I have a manual one anyway. She told me that one of the biggest problems they have had is keeping enough can openers available because so many of the people in the affected areas only had electric ones! Personally, I hate electric can openers so I don't have one but I can't imagine not having a manual one for backup, especially in a place where it's not uncommon to lose power in snow storms.
Old 06-27-2012, 09:04 PM
Charter Member

How might I go about getting a replacement button for my pushbutton pitcher? I just checked - and we still have both of 'em. They date back to 1988 or earlier!! It turns out only one of the two buttons was badly chewed, the other one has some scratches but is otherwise fine.

About to place my second order... egad it's a big one. I've spent the last few days periodically noting the stuff I need to be able to store, and figuring out the sizes I need!!
Old 06-27-2012, 09:25 PM

Do you have the mold number on the lid? I don't think you can replace just the button and the whole jar isn't available but I might be able to get just the lid.
Old 06-27-2012, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Do you have the mold number on the lid? I don't think you can replace just the button and the whole jar isn't available but I might be able to get just the lid.
Mama Zappa, if Congo can't get you a new lid that way, check out ebay. I found several sellers with either entire pitchers or lids only. Just buy the cheapest one, toss the pitcher/lid and keep the push button thingy. Sure, the colors won't match but it will work!

Congo, I did end up buying a new salad dressing container for not very much money from an ebay seller in order to get a replacement lid. I just have to sterilize the new lid and it's ready to go!
Old 06-27-2012, 10:52 PM

Awesome! I'm glad you can still use the one you like!
Old 06-27-2012, 11:17 PM

Paula - I could have sworn I sent you a PM but I can't find it so apparently I had a brain fart instead. Can you send me your confirmation number? Mama Zappa's second order is the ONLY one that has gone through connected to the party so far.
Old 06-27-2012, 11:20 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Paula - I could have sworn I sent you a PM but I can't find it so apparently I had a brain fart instead. Can you send me your confirmation number? Mama Zappa's second order is the ONLY one that has gone through connected to the party so far.
I thought mine did?
Old 06-27-2012, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvoryTowerDenizen View Post
I thought mine did?
That's right! Yours did but it took a really long time to show up so I thought it hadn't.
Old 06-28-2012, 07:38 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
I'll check tonight when I get home from work.
Old 06-28-2012, 02:42 PM
Charter Member

My stuff came! Yay!
Old 06-28-2012, 05:25 PM

I love coming home to a big box from Tupperware, even though it's not generally mine.
Old 06-28-2012, 05:45 PM

Well, this has been an awesome experience! You ladies have been great and I truly appreciate your orders. Not only will I be getting my normal commission percentage, your orders qualified me for a bonus! That money is going to be stashed away until September so I can pay my $46 financial aid shortage and buy a textbook. Now I just need to save enough from my regular job and more parties so that I can afford books for the other 4 classes.

I'll be closing this party within the next hour or so but don't worry! You can still place orders through my site (see my signature) any time whether there's an ongoing party or not!

If any one is in MA, RI, CT, or Southern VT or NH and you want to host a party, I'd love to be your consultant! Hosts get bonuses of free and half price stuff, based on what their guests order. It's a great way to get some of the more expensive items on your wish list.

If anyone has any questions about anything, you can contact me by email, PM, or through my Tupperware site or this thread. I wont be abandoning it just because the party's over!
Old 06-28-2012, 06:35 PM
Charter Member

I'm so glad this worked out for you!
Old 06-28-2012, 09:35 PM

Quote:
I just pm'd you with my order info.
Old 06-30-2012, 07:21 AM

We're going to close this thread today but anyone with any questions or other orders can still PM, email, or go to my site (in my sig).

I'll probably start another party in a few months, I was thinking closer to the holidays but maybe a tad earlier.

I'd definitely recommend checking the online exclusives section of my site every month or so because those sales are generally awesome!

Again, thank you all so much for your orders and for making my first online party a huge success!
Old 06-30-2012, 10:55 AM
Screwing the unscrutable.

Congratulations on a successful party! I'll close this one now.
Closed Thread