Old 12-06-2018, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightshadea View Post
like I said this sounds like all the hassles first gen everquest had
Exactly. It's not just that they added crappy MMO features to the game; it's that it works like 1999-era Everquest. They could have paid a little attention to the fixes made to MMOs in the past two decades.

However, F76 made a valiant effort toward fixing my quest problem. They achieved this by deleting every single one of my active quests. Amazing!

The joy was short-lived, however. Minutes later, I was disconnected from the server, and upon reconnecting my quests came back, including the kill Evan one. Over the course of a couple hours, I was kicked three more times, and each time I looked for Evan. Still dead. I think it's been eight times now.
Old 12-06-2018, 06:28 PM

I had to server hop twice to kill Evan. Now I’m deciding whether I want to get killed by a death law again and not be noticed by psycho robot Rosie

Last edited by MikeG; 12-06-2018 at 06:28 PM.
Old 12-06-2018, 09:07 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelurkinghorror View Post
You could be in both Fighter's and Thieves guild, I'm pretty sure. You could also in Morrowind, though there was an ideal order to play those quests in if you didn't want to purge half the members. You couldn't join more than one Knight's guild etc.
IIRC, if one went far enough down either's quest line, they ended up fighting the other. So you could join both, or all three, but couldn't complete all three.

It's been a long, long time, though.
Old 12-07-2018, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Odds View Post
IIRC, if one went far enough down either's quest line, they ended up fighting the other. So you could join both, or all three, but couldn't complete all three.

I actually don't mind if a game doesn't allow you to join every group or makes some quests exclusive. It encourages replayability.
Old 12-07-2018, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Odds View Post

It has been a long time. But almost all the quests were radiant, weren't they? Not much crossover between guilds. And I didn't see any reputation loss for other factions when advancing in another one. Are you sure you're not confusing it with Morrowind?

In that game, one path through the Fighters' Guild leads to you wiping out the Thieves' guild. You can also work with the non-corrupt FG guy and stage a coup. The TG quests eventually involve rooting out the corruption (led by a rival criminal group), blackmailing or killing the corrupt FG members.
Old 12-07-2018, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelurkinghorror View Post
It has been a long time. But almost all the quests were radiant, weren't they?
No they were not at all not at all Radiant Quests™. They didn't create that name for them until Oblivion.

In Daggerfall it was obviously a carefully crafted story element that had you pick up a package from a dude and deliver it to.... that exact same dude and get money for it.
Old 12-07-2018, 08:25 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfman View Post
No they were not at all not at all Radiant Quests™. They didn't create that name for them until Oblivion.

In Daggerfall it was obviously a carefully crafted story element that had you pick up a package from a dude and deliver it to.... that exact same dude and get money for it.
So true. Again, it's been ages since I've played Daggerfall, so I'm going on admittedly faulty memory, but progressing past a certain point in one guild stopped progression in another. I *think* it was fighter and thief, but it might have been fighter and mage. And Quimby, I agree. If anything, I would have liked to have seen even more exclusivity between the guilds.
Old 12-07-2018, 09:05 PM

Oh is Radiant a Bethesda thing? I thought it was a generic name, but I guess it's like Xerox now.

Morrowind had exclusive houses (choice between boring-ass Redoran or Hlaalu, or cool magic social Darwinist Telvanni). The Daggerfall knightly orders are all pretty much the same except what stats they like and where the HQ is.
Old 12-08-2018, 11:24 AM

I’m at level 35 and have taken down a bunch of lvl 50-60 ghouls. I figured I should try the lvl 50 scorchbeast near my camp.
Mistake. Absolutely wrecked me, burned through all my stimpacks and a bunch of my ammo.
Not sure why it’s so much tankier.
Old 12-09-2018, 05:15 PM

For what it's worth, I've been playing the game since Beta and I'm having a great time. I can understand why the bugs and such could be irritating, but they don't bother me too much. The part of Fallout games that I most enjoy is done very well, which is the little side stories told through holotapes, terminals and arrangement of scenery. The voice acting on some of the holotapes, in particular, is very good.

Basically I'm playing the game as if it were "What Remains of Edith Finch", with occasional breaks to shoot zombies in the head or pick up alarm clocks and boxes of indestructible Twinkies. At that level it works for me. I also like the camp building aspect. And my few interactions with other players in game have been very positive.

From discussions on other message boards my impression is confirmed that there are an awful lot of people whose goals in games like this are very different from my own, and who are very disappointed in the game. I get that. But I don't think that the foundation that Bethesda has built here is ever going to support the kind of game that those people might be looking for.
Old 12-09-2018, 07:17 PM

From watching streamers/youtubers play (I didn't buy Skyrim or FO4 until about a year after they came out, so I wouldn't have been likely to be playing this yet regardless), the problem with the whole read/listen for plot thing is the multiplayer. Same problem that Borderlands 2 had at times, where you click on a thing, it triggers a 5-minute monologue that nobody listens to because you're in a 4-player group where everyone is running around. Except Borderlands 2 was designed that way from the start, so it flows through better.
Old 12-17-2018, 08:52 PM

I guess I'm done with the game until they add more content. I'm level 42, completed the Enclave quest, and explored most of the map and finished off most of the side missions. And, well, I'm just not interested in grinding blast zones or whatever.

It sure seems like the game has driven away all but a grindy hardcore base. Most players on any given server seem to be well into level 100+. There is a definite dearth of players at ~50; either they're much higher because they've spent a ton of hours on grinding levels or they've given up the game well before that point.

The server reliability has gotten absurd. I still get kicked maybe once an hour, and sometimes a few times an hour. Often I can't even reconnect until I restart the game. There are questlines I've given up because I literally can't finish them before being booted, and when I restart I'm back at the beginning. It's unbelievable that this hasn't gotten better in the past weeks.

I've had a grand total of two positive, emergent multiplayer experiences. Once, in the beginning, where exploring around a town I overheard a guy singing "Take Me Home, Country Roads" to himself in a bar. He was singing badly but enthusiastically. It felt... post-apocalyptic. The other time I was exploring a gas station when someone triggered an invasion of wolves. I stood on the roof, sniping the wolves, while the other guy acted as a tank on the ground. We didn't team up or anything, just a bit of random interaction that made for an emergent outcome.

But that's really it. It's not enough to make up for degrading every other aspect of the experience, often to the point of making the game literally unplayable. And now that I've explored most places and run through most of the questlines, I see no reason to continue. Which means it's fallen far short of previous games in the series.
Old 12-17-2018, 08:59 PM

Also:
You're standing a crafting station, scrapping some junk weapons. You click on a crappy short hunting rifle. Up comes a prompt, asking if you want to scrap the short hunting rifle, and giving you the correct list of components that it will disassemble to. You click accept.

Did you scrap the short hunting rifle? Nope! Fuck you; you just scrapped your favorite gun, which was right below it. And there's no way to get it back since there's no reload.

What happened? Well, between clicking on the gun and the confirmation box coming up, there was a delay. And you moved your mouse during the delay, which caused the selection bar to move onto your favorite gun. Never mind that the confirmation still asks about the original selection, or that you originally clicked on the right thing, because when you hit accept it just deletes the gun under the cursor bar.
Old 12-18-2018, 10:26 AM
Agnatheist
Charter Member

The end game is incredibly grindy, no doubt. My character is at 80 right now and I've explored most of the map as well. I haven't done probably half the quests, as they seem pretty boring and I'm not seeing the great rewards. I have done most of the daily events...some of them I do basically every time they pop up (uranium fever is one I always do if I can). And I've done a ton of nuke zone raids. Those are the most fun, for me, especially when someone nukes the big hotel. I've been in some extremely frantic situations with hordes (literally) of high level irradiated ghouls along with a few (2-4) legendary mobs as well. Heck, one time I got hit by ghouls, legendary mobs, a high level irradiated death claw AND a freaking high level scorch beast. That was pretty hairy, but I managed, somehow, to survive (mainly because the mobs started fighting each other and also because some other players showed up).

That said, it's a grind at this point. I need a really good legendary weapon in order to do the sorts of damage a lot of the high level characters do. And they aren't dropping for me. I'm also always on the verge of being overloaded, to the point I don't bother picking up anything that isn't a legendary, and even then most of the time I just toss it away since I know it won't be worth my effort to drag it back to a vendor on the hope they have some caps. They are still a long way from a stable game at this point, but they badly need to be adding new content. The game today is where it should have been in the beta, and they should have extended that beta for at least 6 months. Then they would have worked out all the bugs they have worked out so far and all of the ones they still need, fixed their stability issues and balance issues and at release been ready to start adding new content on a regular basis. At this point they are still trying to figure out how large a stash they should have and stupid shit like that.

I haven't given up on the game yet. It's still cool to explore some of the higher level instances with friends in the Fallout world, I still enjoy some of the events that pop up and still enjoy going into the nuke zones, but I can definitely see the end of the road unless they start to do some stuff.

My own wish list atm is for them to lower the number of players per server from 25 to 15, allow for individual (or better yet guild) vaults with instances stashes that don't have limits or have really high limits, allow players, once they get to 50 to basically be able to have access to buy ALL of the plans (and have plans for all of the power armor mods) instead of making it random, have vendors with larger pools of caps or, at a minimum put caps spend by players back into the pool of caps that vendors have (i.e. if I buy a bunch of stuff from a vendor they should then have caps to buy from me) and, finally, start adding new content for higher level characters. I'd just junk the PvP part or make PvP only servers as well. They also need to do something about the legendary drop system, because basically it's luck (and grinding) that allows players to become really powerful in the game. Once you get to 50 you are basically capped out wrt SPECIAL...the only thing to grind for at that point are cards you might not have or to respec if you get some new, ridiculous weapon.

That's what happens when you let rednecks play with anti-matter!
Old 12-18-2018, 01:05 PM

I keep going back and forth, either this will be an epic fail that might bring down Bethesda (and then maybe a better developer can buy the Fallout license) or they’ll fix it and make it a good game later like No Man’s Sky.
Old 12-18-2018, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XT View Post
Those are the most fun, for me, especially when someone nukes the big hotel.
Yeah, I've seen that too. Collected a bunch of flux (the grounds have a ton of flowers), most of which went to waste because I didn't have the other materials needed to store it.

Another time, I got credit for a couple of scorchbeast kills after plinking at them for a while, with the robots doing the bulk of the damage (this was after the blast dissipated and everyone left).

Ultimately, though, my playstyle is a stealthy sniper. I like to stake out a settlement and take out the guards one by one with no one the wiser (I really wish I could mount a scope to the black powder gun... well, maybe there's a mod for that). Anyway, this style is pretty much incompatible with running from hordes of monsters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XT View Post
At this point they are still trying to figure out how large a stash they should have and stupid shit like that.
And dealing with stupid cheats like armor that subtracts from your weight every time you take it off, which eventually has the effect of making your weight limit negative, and the game then treats as infinite (or 232-1, whichever comes first). Supposedly this is a major source of server instability, though maybe there's other stuff going on.
Old 12-19-2018, 02:29 AM

Something that people may find interesting. Mild Fallout 76 spoilers follow.

There is a location in the game called Whitespring, which is a Southern-looking hotel and resort. And, as it turns out, the secret location for a bunker complex to house the US Congress in case of nuclear war.

Whitespring is based on a real hotel called The Greenbrier, again in West Virginia. No big surprise that they'd be inspired by a real place.

But here's the kicker--The Greenbrier was also the location for a secret bunker to house the US Congress in case of nuclear war. It was an enormous bunker, meant to house over a thousand people. It was constructed hiding in plain sight during the expansion of a wing of the complex (somehow, no one noticed that they were digging way further down than they'd reasonably need to). Some parts of the bunker were even open to the public, hiding the blast doors behind screens and again somehow no one noticing the overbuilt concrete support columns.

In the 80s, the hotel took on a new manager that found various discrepancies in their operations, like thousands of gallons of diesel fuel disappearing and paychecks going to people not on the roster. He started snooping around, getting blown off until threatening to go to the police, and eventually called into a secret meeting with a Pentagon official. He was let in on the secret after signing a pledge.

Crazy stuff. They basically built a vault!
Old 12-19-2018, 09:45 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
Whitespring is based on a real hotel called The Greenbrier, again in West Virginia. No big surprise that they'd be inspired by a real place.
Post 53.
Old 12-20-2018, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywatcher View Post
Post 53.
Well caught! But I personally wasn't aware of its story as a bunker at all. It wasn't a shock that it was modeled after a real hotel; the shock is that the secret nuclear bunker for Congress part is also real. Not sure about the creepy AI, though...
Old 12-20-2018, 05:13 AM

I remember watching a documentary on the bunker some years back on cable TV. It was fascinating to me how elaborate the facilities were.
Old 12-20-2018, 07:26 AM
Charter Member

We encountered our first really annoying problems last night. It took multiple restarts before the game would remember that we both still had an unfished and active quest in the main quest line. Then, 30 minutes in, the server crashes (a first for us.)

So we gave up and played Overwatch until bedtime.
Old 12-20-2018, 10:38 AM
Charter Member

I was in GameStop yesterday and saw that they have the Tricentennial Edition marked down by at least 25% for both consoles. Then I remembered this thread and what a mess the game is right now.

Last edited by Skywatcher; 12-20-2018 at 10:39 AM.
Old 12-21-2018, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruken View Post
Then, 30 minutes in, the server crashes (a first for us.)
Roughly how many hours have you played? I feel like I get kicked at least once a play session (say, 3-4 hours). Often far more often. Last night I was exploring a nuke bunker--I didn't have a code, but figured I'd at least spend some time shooting robots. Made it to the final Sentry bot and got booted. Yay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atamasama View Post
or they’ll fix it and make it a good game later like No Man’s Sky.
I wish I were more confident. They've fixed almost nothing so far. It's just as unreliable with the latest patch, and the basic gameplay hasn't changed. The only improvement is an increase in the stash limit. That was actually a big improvement but it's not like it was some huge effort on their part.

The more I read what other users are doing, and the more I think about the overall design, the more I realize it's specifically designed to be a grindfest. That was the intent from the beginning, and so I'd still be massively disappointed in a "perfect" version of the game.

Even if they eventually give us private servers, we aren't going to get away from the endless repetition of events and nukes. A game where the big quests are done just once, with a permanent effect on the world, just isn't going to happen. Not least because it's too much effort on their part, but more importantly because it goes against the entire game philosophy.

The game was designed for people that like doing the same quest or dungeon run or whatever literally hundreds of times just to get some rare weapon drop. That's... the opposite of what I want in a game.

Fortunately, there's enough variety up to level 40-50 to make the exploration interesting, and so if they fix the worst bugs and online issues I can accept that I'll just have to forget the endgame mechanics. Disappointing, but at least I got some value out of it.
Old 12-26-2018, 02:41 PM
Charter Member

I gather 76 is better on consoles than on PC? I see some places have the standard edition for XBone at $30; I wonder how long it will take to drop another five bucks and if it will be any better by then.
Old 12-31-2018, 01:15 PM

Quote:
I gather 76 is better on consoles than on PC?
I don't see why; the server drops and general unreliability have been reported everywhere. Graphically, things are almost always better on a PC. I play at 1440p, which apparently is less than the 4k supported on the Xbox One X (though all other consoles are less), except that I easily maintain 60 fps everywhere and consoles are lucky to hit 30.

Also, apparently the game supports some limited mods on PC. I just installed the Better Inventory mod and it's a nice improvement over the default.
Old 12-31-2018, 01:26 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
I don't see why; the server drops and general unreliability have been reported everywhere. Graphically, things are almost always better on a PC. I play at 1440p, which apparently is less than the 4k supported on the Xbox One X (though all other consoles are less), except that I easily maintain 60 fps everywhere and consoles are lucky to hit 30.
I've been seeing reviews which claim that the PC version suffers from wonky controls due to a poor port.
Old 12-31-2018, 02:03 PM
Agnatheist
Charter Member

Quote:
I've been seeing reviews which claim that the PC version suffers from wonky controls due to a poor port.
The only one I'm aware of is the use of 'E' to both collect items and get you out of your power armor, which can be a pain when things are lagging badly. I've ejected from my power armor and promptly died several times in the nuclear zone due to this.

At this stage I'm mainly done with the game. I'm going to see what their January patch/update has, but assuming it's nothing more than what they have delivered so far I'm pretty much finished with the game. I did enjoy the game, though it was certainly rough for a supposed A list game by a major game company, but I've done basically everything and at this point I'm just doing the same things over and over again. I never did get one of those godlike legendary weapons. I never did find either the handmade gun plan or the X-01 calibrated mod that allows you to add 50lbs to your inventory carry capacity. It's ridiculous that you have to do RNG server hops to get either of those things, and I hope it's something they address in the future as it makes the game so much more grindy and stupid. I can see for legendary gear having to base it on luck, especially since some of that gear basically makes you a god in the game, but not for plans for stuff you should just be able to get...especially since neither thing really is that great compared to guns that hit for 1000's of damage.

Old 12-31-2018, 02:04 PM

Can't deny that; I'm just used to control wonkiness from Bethesda . There are like four different ways to go "back" in the UI depending on where you are.

But on the other hand, nothing beats a mouse for aiming. Not sure if it's possible to use one on the consoles but it seems unlikely.
Old 02-02-2019, 12:14 AM
Charter Member

I see there have been more patches. How's the game now?
Old 02-02-2019, 01:02 AM
Your Ad Here
Charter Member

My understanding is that the latest patch put some of the bugs back in.
Old 02-02-2019, 03:26 AM

That's what I've heard as well. Though I quit playing a few weeks ago and don't plan on going back unless there's a significant content addition.

It's pretty hard to overstate how disappointed I am with the game at this point. Every single aspect of the game as it relates to multiplayer is a failure. They've made it so that the sheer existence of other players breaks things for people looking for a solitary game. And for those who want a PVP game, it's also a complete failure since the god-level legendary weapons + various glitches make combat end in one shot. Oh, and co-op and community type events are also a failure due to the screwed up balancing mechanics and the way loot is handled.

For the love of god, just give us private servers... it wouldn't fix everything, but it would at least make the game worth playing.
Old 02-02-2019, 11:01 AM
Agnatheist
Charter Member

Quote:
I see there have been more patches. How's the game now?
I quit playing about 2 weeks ago. Basically, there isn't anything left to really do for me. There are still all of the issues it had on launch, and they aren't adding in any new content or things to do. I believe this latest series of patches were just bug fixes (several of which either brought back old bugs or created new ones) and that the direction they are going in for the first series of DLCs is to add stuff for PvP...which I have zero interest in, and as far as I know, is a very minority of gamers playing priority or desire. As with everything about this game, it's been a cluster fuck, at least IMHO. Shame really, as the concept of getting to adventure with your friends in the Fallout universe has such a great appeal. This is a game that could have been something...but isn't, unfortunately.

Old 02-02-2019, 12:27 PM
Charter Member

Seems sales are so bad for German GameStops that they've been giving away new PS4 copies with the purchase of used PS4 controllers!

Last edited by Skywatcher; 02-02-2019 at 12:29 PM.
Old 02-02-2019, 02:52 PM

I also stopped playing a few weeks ago. I got tired of the grinding.
The story kind of got killed for me as well. I was sitting in the lounge couches in the Whitespring bunker when a player came up and asked what I was doing.
“Man, have you been out there? I’m never going back outside again!”
I said it as a joke but it kind of stuck in my head. Any sane person in the Wasteland who managed to get into the bunker or Whitespring would never leave again.

And as an RP focused player, I am just not gonna launch any nukes. Especially since I’m in some weird timeloop with nukes going off and the sb queen dying every half hour or so. There’s just no reason to keep playing.
Old 02-02-2019, 05:33 PM

They’re also giving away copies of the game with consoles bundled with the game.

That’s right... You get two copies of the game with the bundle. I guess they really want to clear them out of stock.
Old 03-21-2019, 01:55 PM
Charter Member

nvm

Last edited by Skywatcher; 03-21-2019 at 01:56 PM.
Old 03-21-2019, 03:04 PM

I think the best move they could make to salvage the game would be to add private servers, with modding enabled, and throw the whole creation kit open to the modding community. Make it a sandbox for people to populate with their own NPCs and stories, and they might get some goodwill back, at least.
Old 03-21-2019, 03:33 PM

My Xbox 360 (that I primarily used as an entertainment center in my bedroom) died, and I saw that as an excuse to buy an Xbox One X, as I could make that my primary gaming console and move my Xbox One to the bedroom.

When I went shopping for Xbox One X consoles, the cheapest option I could find was the one bundled with Fallout 76. Yes, it was cheaper to buy the bundle (by about $30) than to buy the console without it. That shows me how much the game is disliked, they’re practically paying people to take them at this point.

By the way, I love the Xbox One X (I can game in 4K now!) and I gave the Fallout 76 game to a friend.
Old 03-21-2019, 04:06 PM
Charter Member

Yet major retailers like Best Buy still have the PC version at 60 bucks. Go fig.
Old 03-21-2019, 04:19 PM

Quote:
and I gave the Fallout 76 game to a friend.
Some friend. Did you kick him in the balls for good measure?

I guess I might try playing again in a few months when their DLC content updates are out. Not worth doing them one by one, though. And it remains a fundamentally broken model until they add private servers.

I stopped playing after spending like an hour getting the Poesidon plant up and running, because they nerfed the spawn rate of fusion cores (and fixed the recharge bug) and was running low. Basically the instant I got it running, a couple dudes with duped two-shot-explosive guns showed up and killed me from behind. Didn't have time to even turn around. I don't need that kinda bullshit in my video games.
Old 03-21-2019, 06:26 PM
Sith Mod

Quote:
My Xbox 360 (that I primarily used as an entertainment center in my bedroom) died, and I saw that as an excuse to buy an Xbox One X, as I could make that my primary gaming console and move my Xbox One to the bedroom.

When I went shopping for Xbox One X consoles, the cheapest option I could find was the one bundled with Fallout 76. Yes, it was cheaper to buy the bundle (by about $30) than to buy the console without it. That shows me how much the game is disliked, they’re practically paying people to take them at this point.

By the way, I love the Xbox One X (I can game in 4K now!) and I gave the Fallout 76 game to a friend.
I got a free copy of the collector's edition a couple weeks after the game launched. I opened it up to play with the helmet and marvel at how incredible crappy the nylon bag was.

Still haven't tried the game.
Old 03-21-2019, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Some friend. Did you kick him in the balls for good measure?
Haha, he knew what he was getting into!

He and his wife are bigger Fallout fans than I am so I figured they might be more forgiving of its faults. I still haven’t asked him if he played it yet.
Old 03-22-2019, 12:58 PM
Charter Member

Even with the big Patch 7 that came out last week, which generally seems well-received (or at least a step on the right direction), you guys still feel it is a "hard pass" as a recommendation?

The Fallout franchise is my most-played in the past 10 years, and I still play Fallout 4, so I'm definitely a fan. But the $60 price initially kept me from getting 76, and the initial reviews gave me even more pause.

But now I'm considering jumping in (PC) if I can get it on sale; is everyone still agin' it?

Sample Patch 7 announcement/discussion:
https://www.reddit.com/r/fo76/commen...otes_march_13/
Old 03-22-2019, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raza View Post
The Fallout franchise is my most-played in the past 10 years, and I still play Fallout 4, so I'm definitely a fan. But the $60 price initially kept me from getting 76, and the initial reviews gave me even more pause.

But now I'm considering jumping in (PC) if I can get it on sale; is everyone still agin' it?
Here's my take: Fallout 76 is gutted of the main things I play Fallout games for. It lacks most of the interesting NPCs, it lacks the feel of the Dweller/Courier/Survivor as an agent of change, and it lacks legitimate paths to making your character the most absurdly overpowered thing in the Wasteland. (Honestly, it's that last that's probably the most important to me.)

It's an MMO, only smaller, frailer, and with less story than most. Now, I like the occasional MMO, even if game balance concerns force your character to be part of a herd, but that's not what Fallout is about for me. I have no interest in playing it until Bethesda lets other people turn it into a real Fallout game.

Now, you may play Fallout for completely different reasons--maybe you can't get enough of the postapocalyptic aesthetic, or really got into the Fallout 4 base building, or you enjoy the looter-shooter aspect of sifting through all the debris for useful stuff. You can get a fix of those things in Fallout 76...but you could also get that fix by loading the other games with some story mods and playing those, and you won't have to deal with online jerks messing with your stuff.
Old 03-22-2019, 02:09 PM
Charter Member

Thanks, Balance. I think we both play for similar reasons. And while I only mentioned Fallout, I am also a long-time fan of their Elder Scrolls series (Morrowind - Oblivion - Skyrim), having put untold hours into those as well, for similar jollies.

There just aren't that many truly open-world games out there.
Old 06-10-2019, 07:23 PM
Charter Member

Amazon has dropped physical copies to 17 bucks across all platforms. Springing for the PC version.
Old 06-10-2019, 07:41 PM
Charter Member

'Course, "physical copies" is still just codes in boxes.

ETA: I should be roaming Appalachia this weekend.

Last edited by Skywatcher; 06-10-2019 at 07:43 PM.
Old 06-11-2019, 10:29 AM
Charter Member

I'm still playing 3-4x a week, and enjoying it very much. The Devs are very much listening to the community, and while they aren't doing everything asked for, they definitely make quality of life improvements.

And the new (optional, of course) battle royale mode is being very well received, even by people not particularly a fan of PVP.
Old 06-12-2019, 01:39 PM

https://ogn.theonion.com/e3-attendee...ion-1835376911

"Wow, OGN readers, we’ve seen some rough E3 shows in the past, but it looks like Bethesda has taken the cake with a major technical breakdown during their Sunday evening presentation. Attendees actually ended up fleeing the L.A. Convention Center in droves after a glitch in the company’s presentation resulted in a high-level deathclaw spawning right on the conference’s main floor."
Old 06-14-2019, 06:49 PM
Charter Member

Got my code today but I had already taken advantage of the free week so started playing a couple of days ago.

In-game name is Skywatcher68 and my character is Red White.