Old 07-26-2016, 09:18 PM

DNC whistleblower Seth Rich: was his murder a hit?

Like the accusations of murders within the Obama camp, and even the Bill Clinton camp (remember the early 1990s?), I just can't believe that the number of people required to successfully pull off something like this could keep it under wraps even this long; it happened on the 12th.

Some pro-Bernie supporters on another board are proposing this, and even speculating that Bernie himself was threatened in some way into conceding to Hillary.

http://yournewswire.com/dnc-election...ound-murdered/
Old 07-26-2016, 09:44 PM

Unless Bernie himself confirms that he's been threatened, that's wild speculation.

As for Seth Rich's murder ... there doesn't seem to be any info, really. Sad but I don't see why Bernie fans will think groundless conspiracies will be helpful.
Old 07-26-2016, 09:45 PM

where is it shown that he was a whisleblower? the article does not show any info on data that he disclosed.
Old 07-26-2016, 09:54 PM

Turns out Snopes has some information, with links.

http://www.snopes.com/seth-conrad-rich/
Old 07-26-2016, 10:15 PM
Charter Member

Yes, I ordered the hit myself. I told the people to Get Rich Quick! They just misinterpreted me.
Old 07-26-2016, 10:32 PM

Getting shot in DC at 4 AM on a Saturday should surprise no one.

Makes it an awesome place to assassinate people!
Old 07-28-2016, 01:38 PM

Here's the thing... why is this news about a DNC cum Clinton whistleblower being on a Clinton hitlist even semi-believable? I think it is that there has been so much smoke (wondering about fire) about the Clintons over the years that folks may have the slightest tendency to stop and think there might be a grain of truth about it.

What would be (y)our reaction if somebody had made a claim that Bernie Sanders had ordered a hit on someone for political reasons? Ludicrous no? With the Clintons there is always smoke.

Last edited by bardos; 07-28-2016 at 01:39 PM.
Old 07-28-2016, 02:52 PM

Most of the smoke about the Clintons is pouring out of the horribly-metasticized Vince Foster trash fire, so no - rational folks do not stop and think about this.
Old 07-28-2016, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bardos View Post
Here's the thing... why is this news about a DNC cum Clinton whistleblower being on a Clinton hitlist even semi-believable? I think it is that there has been so much smoke (wondering about fire) about the Clintons over the years that folks may have the slightest tendency to stop and think there might be a grain of truth about it.

What would be (y)our reaction if somebody had made a claim that Bernie Sanders had ordered a hit on someone for political reasons? Ludicrous no? With the Clintons there is always smoke.
It isn't semi-believable, it isn't remotely believable at all, except among people whose world view is completely skewed and who will do absolutely anything to discredit someone they really, really hate.

As for Sanders: I would say that a claim that Bernie Sanders had someone killed for political reasons would be just as believable as a claim that Hillary Clinton had done the same.

Boy, it's like a game of Whack-a-mole with some of these leftover Sanders diehards...deal with one insane rumor, one statistics-based lie, and another jumps up to take its place.
Old 07-28-2016, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by levdrakon View Post
Getting shot in DC at 4 AM on a Saturday should surprise no one.

Makes it an awesome place to assassinate people!
Off topic, but--A number of years ago there was a particularly sordid crime murder in my county. It mixed politics and passion, bribery and sex, and the newspaper had a very good time exploring every detail of the situation. The victim was a woman who had recently broken off an affair she'd been having with a local (corrupt) politician, and the politician and his new girlfriend decided that the woman in question, who was married to a police officer, perhaps knew too much...

Anyway, it came out that the politician and girlfriend (the killers) talked about the best time and place to carry out the crime and came up with two possibilities:

--as she exited her little country church on a Thursday night following choir practice; or

--as she left her gym on the outskirts of the county seat (the "big city") following exercise class on a Monday night.

They chose the church. Bad choice; it was the only murder in that community in something like fifty years. Had they chosen the gym, which was close to "dangerous neighborhoods" [not just poor but heavily African American, OMG!] with plenty of gun violence and several murders a year, the first assumption might have been some hoodlum from the city's north side waving a gun around. I suspect they'd have gotten busted anyway, but the choice of the church didn't help.
Old 05-21-2017, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Former House speaker Newt Gingrich, a stalwart supporter of President Trump, used a Sunday-morning appearance on “Fox and Friends” to spread the conspiracy theory that former Democratic National Committee staffer Seth Rich was killed last year to cover up the true story of how WikiLeaks obtained tens of thousands of hacked Democratic Party emails.

“We have this very strange story now of this young man who worked for the Democratic National Committee, who apparently was assassinated at 4 in the morning, having given WikiLeaks something like 53,000 emails and 17,000 attachments,” Gingrich said.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...n-dnc-staffer/
Old 05-21-2017, 05:17 PM

And the family is threatening to sue and the private investigator says he was misquoted.

Edited: "Threatening to sue" is overstating it. But they are unhappy about some conspiracy theories.

Last edited by Tzigone; 05-21-2017 at 05:20 PM.
Old 05-21-2017, 05:36 PM
Charter Member

I would bet that this whole conspiracy theory is just more Russians fucking with us. Everyone knows damn well who hacked the DNC, and who gave the documents to Wikileaks.
Old 05-21-2017, 06:32 PM

Russians with misdirection or GOP with misdirection. Sometimes it's the same thing.
Old 05-21-2017, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenman View Post
I would bet that this whole conspiracy theory is just more Russians fucking with us. Everyone knows damn well who hacked the DNC, and who gave the documents to Wikileaks.
Nah. Like with the pizzagate child molestation ring, the most believable explanation is a combo of people who believe the Clintons are Satanic murderers and those who are desperate to exculpate the Russians from the DNC hack because the Great Cheeto has declared them friends of the U.S. and the Great Cheeto couldn't be wrong.

It doesn't even make sense that a mid-level DNC staffer would somehow have access to emails directly to/from Hillary and the top campaign staff to be able to leak to anyone in the first place, particularly since his job concerned voter databases and polling stations.

Last edited by ganthet; 05-21-2017 at 06:34 PM.
Old 05-21-2017, 06:34 PM

Quote:
I would bet that this whole conspiracy theory is just more Russians fucking with us.
Anyone got any links on the history of Russian/USSR promoting conspiracy theories in the US (JFK assassination, MLK assassination, 9/11, etc.)? One written from an academic perspective?

Last edited by Tzigone; 05-21-2017 at 06:35 PM.
Old 05-22-2017, 10:40 AM

That Gingrich, Sean Hannity and Rod Wheeler are still alive to make up bullshit like this is proof enough that the Clintons don't have people killed.
Old 05-22-2017, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubaya View Post
That Gingrich, Sean Hannity and Rod Wheeler are still alive to make up bullshit like this is proof enough that the Clintons don't have people killed.
And the fact that this was the leading story on many right-wing sources on the same day that Donald Trump leaked code word intelligence to Russia in a fit of braggadocio is a good sign of how utterly fucked we are. This is not a real story. This is the kind of shit you get in Weekly World News.

Last edited by Budget Player Cadet; 05-22-2017 at 10:53 AM.
Old 05-22-2017, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budget Player Cadet View Post
And the fact that this was the leading story on many right-wing sources on the same day that Donald Trump leaked code word intelligence to Russia in a fit of braggadocio is a good sign of how utterly fucked we are. This is not a real story. This is the kind of shit you get in Weekly World News.
The fact that the right-wing media is so eager to lap up obvious conspiracy horseshit like this is probably what motivated the Russians to support Trump in the first place.
Old 05-22-2017, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merneith View Post
Most of the smoke about the Clintons is pouring out of the horribly-metasticized Vince Foster trash fire, so no - rational folks do not stop and think about this.
Not taking credit for this thought and I forgot where I read it, but the best evidence that the Clinton's don't murder people is the continued existence of Anthony Weiner.
Old 05-23-2017, 02:47 PM
Charter Member

It took six days after the story was debunked but Fox has taken the story off their website.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/05/23/medi...th-rich-story/
Old 05-23-2017, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasg View Post
It took six days after the story was debunked but Fox has taken the story off their website.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/05/23/medi...th-rich-story/
I hope the family sues the ass off Hannity personally.
Old 05-23-2017, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiveyearlurker View Post
Not taking credit for this thought and I forgot where I read it, but the best evidence that the Clinton's don't murder people is the continued existence of Anthony Weiner.
Maybe even the opposite?

Ms. Abedin: "I'm gonna kill him! I'm gonna jam his cell phone up his ass and cut it out from the front after I slice off his..."

Ms. Clinton: "No dice, Hummy! Bad optics! If I can deal, you can deal. Deal, or hit the bricks."
Old 05-23-2017, 03:06 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubaya View Post
Exactly. You could make up a list of people Hillary Clinton would like to see dead and you'll notice how many of them are still alive.
Old 03-05-2019, 09:28 AM
Charter Member

Most people here aren't dumb enough to have fallen for this, and most of the ones that did were smart enough to keep quiet about it (at least here), but to put this sad story to rest, Jerome Corsi, creator and popularizer of the "Seth Rich conspiracy", admitted he made the entire thing up. Because he's a dick.

Link goes to tweet with screenshot of Infowars. I will not link to Infowars, sorry.
Old 03-05-2019, 09:51 AM
Friend of Cecil
Charter Member

I'm sure it has nothing to do with the mounting legal issues that Jones has been facing...
Old 03-05-2019, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnT View Post
Most people here aren't dumb enough to have fallen for this, and most of the ones that did were smart enough to keep quiet about it (at least here), but to put this sad story to rest, Jerome Corsi, creator and popularizer of the "Seth Rich conspiracy", admitted he made the entire thing up. Because he's a dick.

Sadly I doubt this will put this to rest. The people who believed this have too much of their identity invested in it to give it up just because the person who invented it admits its a fabrication. They will naturally assume that he is only saying that because his life is being threatened by a Clinton/AOC hit squad.
Old 03-05-2019, 01:38 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Godot View Post
They will naturally assume that he is only saying that because his life is being threatened by a Clinton/AOC hit squad.
Who operate out of a pizza parlor full of child molesters.

Why else would Hilary delete all those emails? Wake up, sheeple!

Regards,
Shodan
Old 03-05-2019, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnT View Post

Link goes to tweet with screenshot of Infowars. I will not link to Infowars, sorry.
I'm sorry, but from what you posted it looks like Corsi has only retracted one specific March 2018 Infowars article. From the Twitter thread you linked:
Quote:
Just spoke to Corsi. He told me he retracted this specific story because it relied on info that was retracted by the Washington Times. However, he said that he continues to believe itís possible DNC leak was inside job & that ppl should look into whether Seth Rich played a role.
I doubt Corsi himself made it up -- according to the Wikipedia article, the speculation that the murder was connected to the election started on Twitter and Reddit soon after his murder. Here's a tweet from the day after the murder:
Quote:
1 Week After DNC Lawsuit, DNC Staffer Was Shot Down 4x In The Back In His Own Neighborhood.
Also, Corsi is a grifter, but not a creative grifter. When he monetizes lies about Democrats, he stands on the shoulders of giants -- or rather, idiots.