Old 03-07-2019, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chappachula View Post
...I would not be surprised to see Trump stay in bed at the White House till after 12 noon on inauguration day, and then head out to the rose garden to give a press talk.
Except that there wont be any press to meet him there, because to enter the White House, the journalists stop at the door and have to present their ID cards to the guards at the door. And those guards get their orders after 12:00 noon from the new president.

Don't kid yourself. Thump will ride his golf cart over to the fence and HUNDREDS of reporters will be there clamoring for the story. They might even abandon the inauguration of the legitimate president to cover thump's latest stunt.
Old 03-08-2019, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThelmaLou View Post
Don't kid yourself. Thump will ride his golf cart over to the fence and HUNDREDS of reporters will be there clamoring for the story. They might even abandon the inauguration of the legitimate president to cover thump's latest stunt.
He would finally get a big inauguration day. Just not his own.
Old 03-12-2019, 12:32 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
With all due respect, a lot of people seem to have really gone out to sea with their demonization of Trump, and what he's capable of. He's... not good in many ways, obviously, but at first glance, reading people talking about some kind of Trumpian loyalist-driven dictatorship, I think some people have bought a little too much into their own imagination.
How does one go about "demonizing" that which itself issues forth from the gates of Hell?
Old 03-12-2019, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
With all due respect, a lot of people seem to have really gone out to sea with their demonization of Trump, and what he's capable of. He's... not good in many ways, obviously, but at first glance, reading people talking about some kind of Trumpian loyalist-driven dictatorship, I think some people have bought a little too much into their own imagination.
Perhaps you are right, indeed hopefully you are. But it's better to see the beginnings and resist that than to wait until you're waist deep in it and resistance would be, to coin a phrase, futile.
Old 03-12-2019, 01:45 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylasdad99 View Post
How does one go about "demonizing" that which itself issues forth from the gates of Hell?
Because to call them Devils who belong in Hell implies a devotion to Law that they do not have, so it is appropriate to call them Demons considering how Chaotic they are.
Old 03-12-2019, 02:45 PM
Charter Member

Whoops! Didn't make my saving throw against "Cast Pedantry."