View Poll Results: Do you think Russia tampered with vote tallies in order to get Donald Trump elected President?
Definitely true 9 8.04%
Somewhat true 9 8.04%
Probably not true 55 49.11%
Definitely not true 39 34.82%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-25-2019, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTFirefly View Post
Why, has anyone (beyond nutpicking level, that is) suggested that they might have?
SDMB, now with 17% nuts!
Old 03-25-2019, 09:11 AM
Charter Member

The most fascinating thing about this thread is watching conservatives pretend that they are now interested in facts.

"You libtards are just wishing against facts that Russia fixed the election? Wha? Huh? Climate change? Let's not be too hasty now...."

Last edited by Ravenman; 03-25-2019 at 09:12 AM.
Old 03-25-2019, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenman View Post
The most fascinating thing about this thread is watching conservatives pretend that they are now interested in facts.

"You libtards are just wishing against facts that Russia fixed the election? Wha? Huh? Climate change? Let's not be too hasty now...."

The only conservative I see in this thread is HurricaneDitka and he's only talked about the poll.
Old 03-25-2019, 11:06 AM
Domo Arigato Mister Moderato

The Moderator Speaks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenman View Post

No shots, please. Stay focused.
Old 03-25-2019, 11:12 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDitka View Post
And you'll find just such a link, in the OP. Each graphic is preceded by the precise wording of the question asked. And if that's enough, at the end of the article there's a link to the table results, a 230-page PDF.
So there are 138 questions in this poll. I'm not going to go through them all to find the one you're talking about. Care to just tell me which question it is?
Old 03-25-2019, 11:22 AM
Charter Member

I found it. It's the third part of question #42, a 4-parter. Preceding question #42, there have been six multi-part questions: two 10-part questions, two 8-part questions, a 7-parter, and a 5-parter. So effectively it's question #86 in a poll that the respondent isn't even 1/3 of the way through yet.

I don't know about you, HD, but if I was still hanging in there at that point, I wouldn't exactly be making nuanced distinctions when I read/heard (depending on mode) and responded to a question.

Last edited by RTFirefly; 03-25-2019 at 11:23 AM.
Old 03-25-2019, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTFirefly View Post
I found it. It's the third part of question #42, a 4-parter. Preceding question #42, there have been six multi-part questions: two 10-part questions, two 8-part questions, a 7-parter, and a 5-parter. So effectively it's question #86 in a poll that the respondent isn't even 1/3 of the way through yet.

I don't know about you, HD, but if I was still hanging in there at that point, I wouldn't exactly be making nuanced distinctions when I read/heard (depending on mode) and responded to a question.
So how far into any given poll do you think we should stop treating it as statistical evidence and start disregarding it? 50 questions? 25? 10? 3?

Last edited by HurricaneDitka; 03-25-2019 at 11:32 AM.
Old 03-25-2019, 11:52 AM

No, they just manipulated American stupidity in order to get Donald Trump elected President.