Old 04-08-2019, 08:00 AM

2019 Trump Policy Survey

I saw one of these recently. It's from the RNC and comes in an official-looking oversized envelope marked "registered", and, when you open it up, warning the recipient to at least send it back, even if they don't answer it.

It's pretty transparently not a poll. It's a big, oversized hunk of paper (easier for the recipient to read and hold) filled with pro-Trump propaganda written in the form of survey questions. But it's really a push poll praising Trump's policies and smacking the "Democrat party" for not working with our Fearless Leader.

The practical purposes of this, besides priming the voters for the upcoming election, is undoubtedly to confirm names of sufficiently active pro-Trump voters (since they'll send the thing back) and to solicit some funding. Even if you don't donate at the minimum $25 level, they still request that you send $15 for handling (which is pretty stiff "handling" fee). You even have to provide your own stamp!

Older article about these "polls"

https://www.npr.org/2017/02/17/51579...s-its-job-well
Old 04-08-2019, 08:44 AM

I get the same type of shit from the ACLU and DCCC and DSCC.
Old 04-08-2019, 08:52 AM

I get surveys from the ACLU, but they're actual surveys asking me where I'd like them to focus their resources. I don't return them, but IIRC the ACLU takes care of the return postage. No $15 handling fees.
Old 04-08-2019, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwittingAmericans View Post
I get the same type of shit from the ACLU and DCCC and DSCC.
No you don't.
Old 04-08-2019, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by septimus View Post
No you don't.
Delude yourself all you want, there's images of the ACLU ones online. I've been an ACLU member since 1990 and I still get them. It's just fund raising, Jake.
Old 04-08-2019, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Delude yourself all you want, there's images of the ACLU ones online. I've been an ACLU member since 1990 and I still get them. It's just fund raising, Jake.
Everyone fund-raises, and sends out pleading letters making their case, burnishing their own record and castigating the opposition. And it's not just political parties that do this. I get it from organizations, too.

But what I don't get from the others is push polling "surveys". Or requests for $15 handling fees. Never seen that from the Democrats or the ACLU.
Old 04-08-2019, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalMeacham View Post
But what I don't get from the others is push polling "surveys". Or requests for $15 handling fees. Never seen that from the Democrats or the ACLU.
http://thisainthell.us/blog/wp-conte...017/08/005.jpg

http://thisainthell.us/blog/wp-conte...017/08/006.jpg

http://thisainthell.us/blog/wp-conte...017/08/007.jpg

http://thisainthell.us/blog/wp-conte...017/08/008.jpg
Old 04-08-2019, 11:14 AM

I've gotten push polls from Democratic organizations, but the "processing fee" is a new wrinkle. Or maybe I've just never bothered to read them that closely...
Old 04-08-2019, 12:43 PM

I have to admit that I've not received this, or seen it. Checking up on it online I find that mostly conservative writers appear to have noticed it, and even they seem surprised that it came from the ACLU.

At least they're not asking for a $15 fee.

Last edited by CalMeacham; 04-08-2019 at 12:44 PM.
Old 04-08-2019, 12:49 PM
Charter Member

I'm going to have to ask you for a $20 click-through fee before I check out those links.
Old 04-08-2019, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalMeacham View Post
I have to admit that I've not received this, or seen it. Checking up on it online I find that mostly conservative writers appear to have noticed it, and even they seem surprised that it came from the ACLU.

At least they're not asking for a $15 fee.
The other difference is that when a Dem receives an RNC "survey," he throws it away.

When a Trumpy receives an ACLU "survey," he checks off all the "Not At All Concerned" boxes, draws cartoons of AOC with dicks in her mouth on it, and if it has a business reply envelope, stuffs fishin' weights in with the survey.
Old 04-08-2019, 02:24 PM
Extrajudicial

Moderating

Quote:
The other difference is that when a Dem receives an RNC "survey," he throws it away.

When a Trumpy receives an ACLU "survey," he checks off all the "Not At All Concerned" boxes, draws cartoons of AOC with dicks in her mouth on it, and if it has a business reply envelope, stuffs fishin' weights in with the survey.
This is not the Pit and this is inappropriate for this forum. I suggest you dial it back and focus on having a civil discussion.

[/moderating]