View Poll Results: The Mueller report. The week after its released.
Trump is not charged with any crime, and Mueller's report is found to have some procedural issues. 2 2.50%
Trump is not charged with any crime, Mueller's report offers disclosure showing it was fairly conducted. 26 32.50%
Trump is charged with a crime, but the evidence presented is flimsy and circumstantial and will be quickly dismissed by his legal team. 1 1.25%
Mueller has hard evidence on collusion, including emails, and recordings. Trump gets a subpoena. 51 63.75%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-04-2019, 01:57 PM

I have very little doubt that you understand the point I'm making already, but OK.

Those "confident predictions" you're comparing that assertion to. They were proven wrong, were they? When did that happen?
Old 04-04-2019, 01:59 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDitka View Post
I was drawing a comparison between assertions like "Ultimately, there will be only one narrative - the truth - and it's not going to be one you will like" and all the confident predictions along the lines that President Trump was going to be frog-marched from the White House in handcuffs.
Don't give up hope yet. The truth may not come out, and even if it does, you can't be forced to believe it.
Old 04-04-2019, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDitka View Post
I was drawing a comparison between assertions like "Ultimately, there will be only one narrative - the truth - and it's not going to be one you will like" and all the confident predictions along the lines that President Trump was going to be frog-marched from the White House in handcuffs.
Since you've quoted me, I would like to clarify that I'm not of the view that the contents of the Mueller Report will lead to President Trump being "frog-marched from the White House in handcuffs". I consider the modern Republican Party to be too ethically defunct and morally debased to consider supporting the impeachment of a President from their party for matters relating to obstruction of justice or non-criminal collusion with Russia.
Old 04-04-2019, 04:39 PM
Charter Member

Man, this "full exoneration" story is just falling apart. I mean, whoda thunk a pack of liars would lie?

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/nbcs-ken...ry-compelling/

Quote:
NBC News reporter Ken Dilanian said Thursday that members of Robert Mueller‘s team are frustrated with the way the attorney general characterized their findings, even with regard to the evidence of collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia.

NBC confirmed reporting from the New York Times and Washington Post that special counsel investigators were taking issue with Barr’s characterization of their findings on obstruction, but their reporting had more details about those frustrations.

“I think we’ve taken it a little further,” Dilanian said of his reporting, during an appearance on MSNBC. “There are members of Mueller’s team who are frustrated that William Barr stepped in and cleared the president on obstruction when Robert Mueller didn’t do that.”

“The intent was to allow Congress and the public to make their own decision about the evidence,” Dilanian said.

Dilanian also revealed new reporting that some on the special counsel’s team are frustrated by how evidence of collusion was represented.

“We’re hearing from a separate U.S. official that some members of the Mueller team say that the evidence on collusion, while not establishing a criminal conspiracy, is actually very compelling.

“Some of it may be classified, but to the extent we get to see it, Mueller’s report talks about those contacts between the Trump campaign and Russia, and raises the issue as to whether the Trump campaign was manipulated by a sophisticated Russian intelligence operation,” Dilanian added. “We need to see the report. The Barr summary, by many accounts, did not quite do it justice.”

Last edited by JohnT; 04-04-2019 at 04:41 PM.
Old 04-04-2019, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shodan View Post
<snip> Saying "we need a report that doesn't tell us what we already know" just makes them look, if possible, even pettier and more silly.
Much like the Benghazi investigations.
Old 04-05-2019, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnT View Post
Man, this "full exoneration" story is just falling apart. I mean, whoda thunk a pack of liars would lie?
Well, of course they lied, but those lies wil now forever be the Real Facts™.

Recall November 2000 when news networds, beginning with Fox, called Florida for Bush? For many millions of Americans, that call became an immutable fact. All subsequent events in that story were just the sore loser fighting the Real Facts™.

Similarly, many millions of Americans — including millions who thought him guilty — now know that Mueller exonerated Trump. Mueller himself may contradict this, but it won't matter — that will just be Mueller lying about his own Report. The Real Facts™ have been laid out already. Fox viewers obviously will never hear differently, but even CNN viewers, who've already heard the Real Facts™, will think CNN is lying again if Mueller contradicts what they already "know" about the Mueller Report.
Old 04-09-2019, 10:30 AM
Charter Member

Darn, it looks like Trump is attacking the people who just exonerated him. And after all that work by the exonerators!

Ditka, is this the actions of an innocent man? Oh, don't bother. Post 338.

Last edited by JohnT; 04-09-2019 at 10:31 AM.