Old 05-03-2019, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by divinenews View Post
There would be no honest political national debate in America at this time without some powerful entity speaking up for the 50% plus of conservative citizens. ...The powerful entity that has arisen is FOX NEWS.
Okay.

So why is it that your mouthpiece is so consistently dishonest? Why is it so deeply enmeshed with republican politics (in unethical ways)? Why are its viewers consistently among the most misinformed on any given subject? As I put it more than 6 years ago,

Quote:
So again, I ask the question: why is it that the only conservative network is, hands down, the most dishonest one? Why. The. Fuck. Can't. You. Do. Better?!
Oh - and welcome to the Straight Dope.
Old 05-03-2019, 06:58 PM

As the Fark headline for this little gem says:

Hillary Clinton: how do you think GOP would react if I had said something absurd like, "hey, China, please hack Trump's taxes?"
Fox News: "HILLARY ASKS CHINA TO HACK TRUMP'S TAXES"

Twitter Thread

Last edited by John_Stamos'_Left_Ear; 05-03-2019 at 07:00 PM.
Old 05-04-2019, 04:34 PM
Mod Rocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by divinenews View Post
There would be no honest political national debate in America at this time without some powerful entity speaking up for the 50% plus of conservative citizens. ...The powerful entity that has a risen is FOX NEWS.
The "50% plus conservative" phrase needs a citation to indicate that it is not wholly wrong. (I am not claiming that liberals have more than 50%, but I suspect that the numbers for both groups is probably in the 30s and 40s with another group that is sufficiently independent that they do not fall into a neat conservative or liberal box.)

If conservatives need a "powerful entity" to speak for them, they should have the courage and honesty to reject an officially, deliberately dishonest organization such as Fox. This is particularly true if they are genuinely a majority of the population. This thread has documented an overwhelming number of deliberate falsehoods promoted by Fox, yet accepted by a group you appear to identify as "conservative."

-+
Old 05-04-2019, 05:51 PM

Speak up for the right? I thought the purpose of a news channel was to report the news, not be a fuzzy blue blankie for the right.
Old 05-05-2019, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tooth View Post
Speak up for the right? I thought the purpose of a news channel was to report the news, not be a fuzzy blue blankie for the right.
You have to remember that according to the hearts and minds of Fox News viewers, they're just speaking truth against liberal media lies.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
Old 05-05-2019, 11:43 AM

What minds?
Old 05-05-2019, 12:44 PM
Charter Member

What hearts?
Old 05-05-2019, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Stamos'_Left_Ear View Post
As the Fark headline for this little gem says:

Hillary Clinton: how do you think GOP would react if I had said something absurd like, "hey, China, please hack Trump's taxes?"
Fox News: "HILLARY ASKS CHINA TO HACK TRUMP'S TAXES"

Twitter Thread
Is there a video on-line of that FoxNews lie?
Old 05-05-2019, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tooth View Post
Speak up for the right?
Bear in mind once again that "the right" and "conservative" are completely different things. The "right" tries to claim "conservative" values in older to draw legitimacy through the label, but conservatives are not actually opposed to progress they just want it to occur at a non-upsetting pace.
Old 05-08-2019, 08:40 PM

Fox & Friends is very impressed with Trump for reportedly losing over $1 billion

To nobody's surprise, Fox and Friends still think that Drumpf had a keen eye for business back in the 80s.

Quote:
"He's a bold businessman, which is chronicled here," Brian Kilmeade said in response to the story. Kilmeade went on to argue that the article shouldn't "surprise anybody" and that the business practices described in the story "make sense" because Trump wanted to "take chances." He added, "And guess what? Not all of us win on everything we buy."
Old 05-09-2019, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railer13 View Post
Fox & Friends is very impressed with Trump for reportedly losing over $1 billion

To nobody's surprise, Fox and Friends still think that Drumpf had a keen eye for business back in the 80s.
They are definitely jumping all over the "brilliant businessman" boat:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iV72LXJ4lnM
Old 05-18-2019, 04:40 PM

This is new and addresses the Fox News apologetica about how there's a division between news and opinion at the network. It's shocking, I know, but it turns out that's complete bullshit.
Quote:
Fox News likes to tout the "hard news" side of its operation, setting up a false distinction between its right-wing prime-time hosts and the members of its news team as a defense against those who flag the propaganda, lies, conspiracy theories, and bigotry that pervade the network. But a Media Matters investigation found that the "news side" isn't as inoculated as the network claims. We looked at Fox News and Fox Business programming for the first four months of 2019, and we documented examples of the "news" division spreading misinformation on air every single day between January 1 and April 30.

https://www.mediamatters.org/researc...ews-lie/223683
Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Last edited by John_Stamos'_Left_Ear; 05-18-2019 at 04:41 PM.
Old 05-20-2019, 03:46 AM

I remember the Daily Show making the same observation some years ago, with Jon Stewart quipping that the news and entertainment content on FoxNews were as easily differentiated as the individual ingredients of soup.
Old 05-20-2019, 11:58 AM

The news/opinion is and has always been bs. The basic strategy is that some "opinion" cunt spews nonsense, then the "news" guys report that "sources" have been saying that nonsense.
It's pretty easy to find a source across the hall, you know ?
Old 05-20-2019, 12:12 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobal2 View Post
The news/opinion is and has always been bs. The basic strategy is that some "opinion" cunt spews nonsense, then the "news" guys report that "sources" have been saying that nonsense.
It's pretty easy to find a source across the hall, you know ?
Are you talking about Fox News, or all news outlets?
Old Yesterday, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czarcasm View Post
Are you talking about Fox News, or all news outlets?
Most news outlets these days will pick up on internet buzz and report on it, but FoxNews seems to excel at using "people are saying" as an excuse to repeat something when the "people" that are "saying" whatever it is are also FoxNews.

I mean, it is true that some have said that it's likely that Tucker Carlson is a pedophile with a tiny penis because I've said it, but that doesn't justify reporting it as news.
Old Yesterday, 06:41 AM
Arms of Steel, Leg of Jello
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyrate View Post
Most news outlets these days will pick up on internet buzz and report on it, but FoxNews seems to excel at using "people are saying" as an excuse to repeat something when the "people" that are "saying" whatever it is are also FoxNews.

I mean, it is true that some have said that it's likely that Tucker Carlson is a pedophile with a tiny penis because I've said it, but that doesn't justify reporting it as news.
Now that's a cover-up that needs to be exposed.