Old 02-28-2019, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Piper View Post
The news article linked by Bijou drains just above your post was co-written by a guy named Dukes...

Coļncidence. I think not!
My first clue should have been the rabbit who asked me the time so he could set his pocketwatch correctly.
Old 03-04-2019, 02:58 PM
Charter Member

New primary on May 14th, new general election on September 10th.
Old 03-04-2019, 07:19 PM
Charter Member

It seems that underneath the Boss Hogg getup is a man firmly committed to the principles of openness and transparency, as evidenced by this public pledge:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stony Rushing
Had a very nice reporter from Washington ask me about my sexual history today. I made a deal with him and I will make it to others in the media.
I will give an exclusive interview about my sexual history from loss of virginity to today to the reporter who can get Dan McCready to answer these three questions;
Dan McCready, will you vote for partial birth abortion including killing the child outside the womb?
Dan McCready, will you vote for the Green New Deal?
Dan McCready, when were you told that organizations campaigning for you were tipped off by the NCSBE about the Bladen County Election Investigation?
It is unclear whether the questions about Stony's sexual history were related to this story:

Quote:
On December 7, 2015, Rushing submitted a hand-written complaint to the Union County District Court on behalf of his tween daughter. The filing was quite serious: "COMPLAINT FOR NO-CONTACT ORDER FOR STALKING OR NON-CONSENSUAL SEXUAL CONDUCT." The complaint targeted a woman named Tracy Wesolek, who was active in local Republican politics....
In the deposition, Rushing, who is married, admitted to having an affair with Wesolek and -- shortly before filing the lawsuit on behalf of his daughter -- professing his love for Wesolek....
Old 03-05-2019, 03:59 AM

I genuinely don't want to know about that guy's sexual history.
Old 03-05-2019, 07:20 AM
Charter Member

Or about anyone who has shared it with him.

Why is this the only race being re-run? Aren't all the other outcomes on the ballot in this district equally bogus?
Old 03-05-2019, 07:38 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElvisL1ves View Post
Or about anyone who has shared it with him.

Why is this the only race being re-run? Aren't all the other outcomes on the ballot in this district equally bogus?
I assume that none of the other outcomes were close enough to be possibly flipped by the GOP fraud, but that's just an educated guess not based on any specific research.
Old 03-05-2019, 07:41 AM
Charter Member

The Republican Voter ID Laws thread, and its discussion of the primacy of the importance of voter confidence, became very quiet when this story came out, didn't it?
Old 03-05-2019, 09:14 AM
Charter Member

That's probably more because of Bricker's absence-- He was one of the driving forces of that thread.
Old 03-05-2019, 05:45 PM

His dead-horse-beating arm must've worn out.
Old 03-06-2019, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronos View Post
That's probably more because of Bricker's absence-- He was one of the driving forces of that thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tooth View Post
His dead-horse-beating arm must've worn out.
He may well have IRL reasons for dropping out of sight, but his arguments in that particular thread kept getting undermined by the actions and statements of Republicans themselves, and he was struggling to defend the indefensible.
Old 04-02-2019, 04:41 PM
Charter Member

Oopsie:

Federal prosecutors have unsealed an indictment charging North Carolina State Republican Party Chairman Robin Hayes and three associates in an alleged bribery scheme involving campaign contributions to the state insurance commissioner.

Hayes and three business associates have been charged in a scheme to pay the commissioner of the North Carolina Department of Insurance at least $1.5 million in exchange for making staff changes and other things that would benefit their businesses.

(And FWIW, the insurance commissioner is also a Republican and was the one who ratted them out).

I have a feeling this is going to get bigger.
Old 04-02-2019, 08:10 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by romansperson View Post
Oopsie:

Federal prosecutors have unsealed an indictment charging North Carolina State Republican Party Chairman Robin Hayes and three associates in an alleged bribery scheme involving campaign contributions to the state insurance commissioner.

Hayes and three business associates have been charged in a scheme to pay the commissioner of the North Carolina Department of Insurance at least $1.5 million in exchange for making staff changes and other things that would benefit their businesses.

(And FWIW, the insurance commissioner is also a Republican and was the one who ratted them out).

I have a feeling this is going to get bigger.
I hope all these motherfuckers go down.

Seriously, both parties have been corrupt in NC, but at this point the Republican party is starting to look like 1920s Chicago.