Old 01-08-2019, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukulele Ike View Post
My problem is that I think “I don’t deserve to have veal Francesca with pasta aglio e olio ALL BY MYSELF” so I don’t do it.
We are leaving this weekend for our yearly vacation in the Caribbean. In order to hit her ideal "bikini weight" my gf has been eating salads the last two weeks.

Last night she had a salad. I had osso buco made for one, which was more difficult than making it for four (we usually would have it several nights). But it was delicious.
Old 01-08-2019, 01:23 PM

My elderly mother used to say, 'I'm so bored with food, with meat and cold cuts. Why don't they invent some new animals?' I told her I would cook her a lamb roast, or goat stew, but turkey,chicken, beef - other than fish, that seemed to be it.
Old 01-08-2019, 02:59 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayaker View Post
We are leaving this weekend for our yearly vacation in the Caribbean. In order to hit her ideal "bikini weight" my gf has been eating salads the last two weeks.

Last night she had a salad. I had osso buco made for one, which was more difficult than making it for four (we usually would have it several nights). But it was delicious.
I love braised, falling off the bone red meat, especially lamb shanks. But making it for one would be like making a quart of homemade soup. For some foods, you need a huge simmering pot.