Old 12-20-2018, 02:36 AM

Anyone else remember the alternate ending to Penny Marshall?
Old 12-20-2018, 03:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahaloth View Post
Few more years and this thread have been around 1/2 my life.

I was 23 when I posted it.

I'm 40 now.
So, a 23-year-old kid turns into a 40-year-old man.

Maybe you should get a consulting job at a company that sells stuff to 23-year-olds, you would probably have some good insights.

But I have no idea how things might turn out for you in the end, I can imagine a couple of different scenarios.
Old 12-20-2018, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zbuzz View Post
Anyone else remember the alternate ending to Penny Marshall?
The one where she's strangled by a VHS tape in New Zealand?
Old 12-20-2018, 12:27 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riemann View Post
But I have no idea how things might turn out for you in the end, I can imagine a couple of different scenarios.
I think I deserve to come back as a kid again.
Old 01-07-2019, 01:54 PM

More fuel for the controversy

Hello, all. I'm here to throw yet more wood on this fire.

I found this thread after having a conversation with my coworker about Little, the new sequel to Big being filmed here in Atlanta right now. We were wondering how the plot would work for someone becoming a kid again, and I mentioned the final scene to Big that I very distinctly remember from when I watched it when I was 12 or 13, probably over broadcast television here in Atlanta:

Josh returns to school and a new girl is introduced to the class. She is given seat a bit behind and over from Josh, so that he has to look back to see her. Their eyes meet and she smiles at him. Fade to black. I didn't remember the name she is given, but she strongly resembles the main love interest who watched him turn back into a kid and took him home. The implication was clear that this was the same person.
I found this thread in a Google search after realizing my memory was quite different from that of my coworker. I was not aware that any other ending to the movie existed until an hour ago.

I have a clear mental picture of the scene and it looks nothing like the scene people keep mentioning from 14 Going on 30. I've never seen that movie, nor do I recognize those characters in the slightest.
Old 01-07-2019, 02:11 PM

You should read the whole thread more carefully. There is no controversy to fuel - the alternative ending does not exist.
Old 01-07-2019, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendragun View Post

I found this thread after having a conversation with my coworker about Little, the new sequel to Big being filmed here in Atlanta right now. We were wondering how the plot would work for someone becoming a kid again, and I mentioned the final scene to Big that I very distinctly remember from when I watched it when I was 12 or 13, probably over broadcast television here in Atlanta:

Josh returns to school and a new girl is introduced to the class. She is given seat a bit behind and over from Josh, so that he has to look back to see her. Their eyes meet and she smiles at him. Fade to black. I didn't remember the name she is given, but she strongly resembles the main love interest who watched him turn back into a kid and took him home. The implication was clear that this was the same person.
I found this thread in a Google search after realizing my memory was quite different from that of my coworker. I was not aware that any other ending to the movie existed until an hour ago.

I have a clear mental picture of the scene and it looks nothing like the scene people keep mentioning from 14 Going on 30. I've never seen that movie, nor do I recognize those characters in the slightest.
Your "clear mental picture" is wrong. No worries though, it happens to everybody about something.

Last edited by snfaulkner; 01-07-2019 at 02:18 PM.
Old 01-07-2019, 02:23 PM

One day, and that day may never come, this thread will be revised with a link to the actual alternative ending.

On that day, I shall morn.
Old 01-07-2019, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Asking Questions View Post
I shall morn.
I hope somebody will PM me.
Old 01-07-2019, 02:33 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Quote:

You say you have read through this thread, but you have given no indication that you have read the many solid reasons why what you say couldn't have happened the way you think you remember it.
You have thrown no new wood on this "fire"-you have merely misremembered.
Old 01-07-2019, 03:38 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Little, the new sequel to Big
More like "inspired by Big".
Old 01-07-2019, 03:48 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywatcher View Post
That's right, no actual connection to the original at all.
Old 01-07-2019, 03:55 PM

Quote:
In the Butt, Bob?
Old 01-07-2019, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Top of the mourn' to ya.

I hate spleeing errors. They rune the jock.
Old 01-07-2019, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatopescado View Post
In the Butt, Bob?
That seems more like an alternate opening.