Old 12-19-2018, 11:16 PM
Elephant Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyebrows 0f Doom View Post
I think you must be mistaken. There is not a single mention of Colette ever being a bonus on the MoviePass reddit, and they have info for every single week.

You said "MP's Bonus movies are usually crap fare." What vast majority are you even talking about? There have been three bonus films plus the 2 one-night-only screenings. The only bonus movie currently even offered is "Border," one of the top reviewed films of the year. (I saw it, it's excellent.)
I'm pretty sure I'm not mistaken about Colette but don't feel it worth pursuing. As for most bonus movies being crap, I actually meant most movies offered period now are crap and somehow made that bonus movie. Whatever.
Old 12-19-2018, 11:54 PM

My MoviePass subscription is coming to an end in January. I thought it ended today. Looking back over the last year, I've seen more than 50 films. Given the pass cost $89, that is a hell of a bargain.
Old 12-20-2018, 02:13 AM
Elephant Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaffa View Post
My MoviePass subscription is coming to an end in January. I thought it ended today. Looking back over the last year, I've seen more than 50 films. Given the pass cost $89, that is a hell of a bargain.
Yeah, that's why I'm still giving them a chance. They did save us a lot of money when they were good. I doubt we'll see those days again, but we're still hanging in.
Old 12-20-2018, 01:46 PM
Elephant Whisperer

One thing that irks me more than even the limited selections now is the complete day-to-day randomness. Even on days we don't intend to see a movie, I will often open up the app to check offerings, and it's so hit and miss. Yesterday The Favourite and Vox Lux, both of which we really want to see, were offered. Today, no movie at any Honolulu theater is offered, nothing, nada. And it even seems to change from hour to hour, as one day we were going to go see a film offered in one theater far away since it was listed on the app, but checking one last time before we left, it had been removed.
Old 12-27-2018, 10:55 PM
Elephant Whisperer

My MoviePass days may be numbered. They were supposed to bill me last week but did not. Looking at my billing info on the site, it somehow got messed up, with my credit card's expiration date wrong. I tried several times to correct it, but it would not take. But I can still log into the site and everything, so I'm not sure what's going on. I sent their people a message, but they've been bad about getting back to me in the past.

The wife was billed okay earlier this month, and it's the same credit card. And one time when I received a new credit card with a new expiration date, we forgot to change it on MP, and she received a notice that they were unable to bill. Then we changed it, and she was billed right away. No such notice was sent to me this time. (Yes, I checked the Junk folder.) So we'll see what happens.

Meanwhile, I keep getting e-mails regarding MP specials for wine, flowers etc.

Last edited by Siam Sam; 12-27-2018 at 11:00 PM.
Old 01-10-2019, 03:49 AM
Elephant Whisperer

Okay, we have now officially had it with MoviePass and will cancel our accounts this week. I mentioned above that MP neglected to charge me on the normal billing date and that I had messaged them. The next time I logged on, I found two replies, one saying, "Are you still having that problem?" and the next one four hours later saying, "Since we did not hear from you again, we will assume the problem is resolved." What the ...? The "problem" is they didn't charge me. So I messaged them again. Same two messages the next time I logged in, BUT ... they finally did charge me.

So today, I see MP is offering On the Basis of Sex. Great. We went to the theater, we both logged in ... and while my account showed it offered, on the wife's account it said no more movies for that theater today. In my account, it showed four or five for a change, but the wife's? Nada. So I booked my ticket, then the wife logged out on her phone and tried logging in on my phone, just to see. We got the usual warning that she'd have to use my phone for at least the next 30 days, we said okay, got into her account, and the same thing. No showings for today. So that's it. We're calling it quits. Thee uncertainty and frustration just is not worth it any longer.
Old 01-14-2019, 08:19 PM

I'm still signed up on their newsletter because I'm a little curious to see how long they can drag this out for and how desperate they get.

I've basically gotten the same ad e-mail from them once or twice a day for a few weeks. Are they trying to wear people down? "I know you didn't subscribe when we gave you our first 17 e-mails about our plans (53% off!) but here are 2 more a few hours apart! That'll convince you!"
Old 01-15-2019, 04:35 PM

I was hanging on because MP was honoring e-ticketing, which meant lots of Landmark Theaters locally were still on-the-board as options (a terrific cross-section of films overall). But since the new year started, I've been getting nowhere with these venues now. So I complained (MP has been very good in writing back to me in person on Twitter) and they wrote this:

Quote:
We are very sorry for the inconvenience that limited showtime availability caused you. As it turns out, few of our partner e-ticketing locations will be transitioning back to card-swipe check-in processes and showtime availability based on our published schedule at http://moviepass.com/movies . We hope to provide e-ticketing at these locations again soon. Theaters that have been affected include B&B theater, MJR, Goodrich, SMG, Cinepolis, Starlight Cinemas, and Landmark Theatres except The Landmark at 57 West in New York, NY.
My patience is growing short and if things don't change soon, I'll be canceling my account.
Old 01-15-2019, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieMogul View Post
I was hanging on because MP was honoring e-ticketing, which meant lots of Landmark Theaters locally were still on-the-board as options (a terrific cross-section of films overall). But since the new year started, I've been getting nowhere with these venues now. So I complained (MP has been very good in writing back to me in person on Twitter) and they wrote this:

My patience is growing short and if things don't change soon, I'll be canceling my account.
And today they took away the Landmark 57 West. That was the only thing keeping me subscribed. After I see my one remaining film this month, I'm cancelling.
Old Yesterday, 10:27 PM

Moviepass rolled on their new 3 tier plan (and if you're on their e-mail list, you got about 9 e-mails in the last 2 days telling you this), but based on what people are saying on /r/moviepass they didn't even make it work for a few days to trick people back into subscribing. Even on day 1 the movies weren't actually available.