View Poll Results: Have you ever taken photos of your genitals and sent them to someone else?
I have taken photos of my genitals and sent them to someone else. 92 20.54%
I have never taken photos of my genitals and sent them to someone else. 356 79.46%
Voters: 448. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-12-2011, 04:35 PM
One of Cecil's six friends
Charter Member

Have you ever taken photos of your genitals and sent them to someone else?

In light of the Weiner episode, I was just wondering how common this is. I suspect more common than most would admit.

Anonymous poll to follow.
Old 06-12-2011, 04:40 PM

Ah, no. Never would have even considered that this would be a good idea.
Old 06-12-2011, 04:48 PM
Charter Member

Are we talking about a photo of just the genitals, or would it count if you sent a full photo of yourself in which the genitals were also visible? Sub-question, do breasts count as genitals for the purpose of this question?

I am asking for a friend who wants to know, of course.
Old 06-12-2011, 04:50 PM

I guess I'm kind of a fuddy-duddy, but,

WHAT COULD DOING THIS POSSIBLY ACCOMPLISH? [\SHOUT]
Old 06-12-2011, 04:52 PM

I'm male, I have sent pics a few times, and have received pics from 4 or 5 different women in the last 10 years.
Old 06-12-2011, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_Enn View Post

If you have to ask, you’re doing it wrong
Old 06-12-2011, 04:57 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWhatsit View Post
Are we talking about a photo of just the genitals, or would it count if you sent a full photo of yourself in which the genitals were also visible? Sub-question, do breasts count as genitals for the purpose of this question?

Any picture which includes the genitals counts. Female breasts? Depends. I would have to see the pictures to make that call.
Old 06-12-2011, 05:00 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fear Itself View Post
Any picture which includes the genitals counts. Female breasts? Depends. I would have to see the pictures to make that call.
My "friend" says, nice try.
Old 06-12-2011, 05:04 PM
BANNED

Oh lordy yes. There was this girl I had the biggest crush on and I knew I needed to do something spectacular to get her attention. Took me a long time to get up the nerve. I had never done anything like this before. Eventually with lots of vodka and pain killers I got it done. It did make quite the impression.

Ohhh....photos...nevermind.

Last edited by billfish678; 06-12-2011 at 05:05 PM.
Old 06-12-2011, 05:10 PM
Charter Member

What about posing for pictures where nutsack was unintentionally visible, then the photographer sent the prints to your house, but due to a post office foul up the envelope containing the photos was forwarded to your grandparents' house?

If that counts, then I guess...my friend...counts.

Last edited by ChockFullOfHeadyGoodness; 06-12-2011 at 05:11 PM.
Old 06-12-2011, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billfish678 View Post
Oh lordy yes. There was this girl I had the biggest crush on and I knew I needed to do something spectacular to get her attention. Took me a long time to get up the nerve. I had never done anything like this before. Eventually with lots of vodka and pain killers I got it done. It did make quite the impression.
I am still wondering why you ever thought it could be a good move. I'd be as likely to score a girl by sending her photos of my anus than I would sending her photos of my junk.
Unless you've got the most beautiful dick in the world (and I would need some cites or pics to back that up), how could that plan ever work?
Old 06-12-2011, 05:15 PM

No, and I would not consider doing so. I have never taken photos/had photos taken in any state of undress, for any purpose.

It's a very popular activity for both men and women, and boys and girls, judging by the people I know anyway.
Old 06-12-2011, 05:19 PM

Yes, I have. I have gotten positive feedback and nude photos in response.
Old 06-12-2011, 05:21 PM
BANNED

Quote:
There was this girl I had the biggest crush on and I knew I needed to do something spectacular to get her attention. Took me a long time to get up the nerve. I had never done anything like this before. Eventually with lots of vodka and pain killers I got it done. It did make quite the impression.
I hope that it was done the refined, dignified way, with Ketel One and Oxycontin rather than the trailer-trash method, using Popov and generic Tylenol 3.
Old 06-12-2011, 05:57 PM

I have never taken pictures of my girlie bits, period. Not even breasticles.

I wouldn't judge a person who did, however. It's just not my cup of tea.
Old 06-12-2011, 06:19 PM

I have taken pictures of my genitals, but never sent or shown them to anyone else.
Old 06-12-2011, 06:30 PM

I used to, but my digital microscope broke.
Old 06-12-2011, 06:43 PM
BANNED

Weiner is my age. I cannot imagine anyone my age thinking that this could lead to anything other than what it led to.
Old 06-12-2011, 06:47 PM
Charter Member

Fuck no. I'm a guy. Why any guy would think sending a woman a picture of his junk is a good idea is beyond me.

Last edited by pulykamell; 06-12-2011 at 06:47 PM.
Old 06-12-2011, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWhatsit View Post

Also, I think a reasonable distinction can be made between distributing such images to people with whom one has already established a sexual relationship, and to people one has not actually met.
Old 06-12-2011, 06:52 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spark240 View Post
Also, I think a reasonable distinction can be made between distributing such images to people with whom one has already established a sexual relationship, and to people one has not actually met.
For the purposes of this poll, however, no such distinction is made. Internet stranger or Significant Other, if you sent pictures, it's all the same.
Old 06-12-2011, 06:57 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulykamell View Post
Fuck no. I'm a guy. Why any guy would think sending a woman a picture of his junk is a good idea is beyond me.
Let me say too, that if you do so there is a good chance all her friends will get a look at that picture, and there may or may not be comments (good and bad).

I have done so, with a lover who was long distance away and on his way back to me. He did the same for me. And yes my BFF has seen those pics and I've seen pics of her lovers too (with their permission, not passed around generally). Usually for comparison purposes and curiosity. But if the pictures were unsolicited in the first place, then all bets are off.

For the Black Death Click Here
Old 06-12-2011, 06:58 PM
BANNED

I'm not ashamed to admit, I sent a full nude to my exboyfriend. However, I claimed the angle made it show it cut off at my neck. So, I can always deny it was me. Unless, the people know what my former room used to look like but anyone who did (my mom and my bestfriend) wouldn't rat me out.
Old 06-12-2011, 07:01 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPB in Salt Lake View Post
I hope that it was done the refined, dignified way, with Ketel One and Oxycontin rather than the trailer-trash method, using Popov and generic Tylenol 3.
Actually it was Everclear and Robitussen.
Old 06-12-2011, 07:03 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Actually it was Everclear and Robitussen.
Ah, a Yale man.
Old 06-12-2011, 07:12 PM

About 15 years ago I took a picture of my 'junk' and sent it to someone via a local BBS network. I did this using the only computer at work (after hours) and apparently forgot to delete the photo. My boss later found it, deleted it, and then about a year later told me the story of how he found the photo and immediately recognized me by one of my thumbs. (I have distinct pollicals, long story.)

More recently, I posted a photo of just my scrotum on a forum for medical reasons.
Old 06-12-2011, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulykamell View Post
Because she asked

I have to say, when I sent or received photos it was during a long distance part of a sexual relationship and I have never shown them to anyone. I wouldn't send them to someone on the internet who I’d never met
Old 06-12-2011, 07:47 PM
Isaiah 1:15/Screw the NRA
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sitchensis View Post
Because she asked.
Yep. The only woman who has ever received photos of my junk is my wife, back before she was. The photo was actually more of a body shot, but the junk was visible.
Old 06-12-2011, 07:58 PM
Charter Member

I have a photo of my gentles hanging over the fireplace. Does that count?
Old 06-12-2011, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fear Itself View Post
For the purposes of this poll, however, no such distinction is made. Internet stranger or Significant Other, if you sent pictures, it's all the same.
Fine, your poll. Let's just note that whatever the yes vote ends up being here, the number of people who have done what Weiner did is going to be smaller.
Old 06-12-2011, 08:37 PM
Sith Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_Enn View Post

In my case, it led directly to sex.
Old 06-12-2011, 08:52 PM

Oh hell yes! Way back in the time that the only way to do it was either Polaroids or the office copy machine! More recently a text of my nipple...there was a who lotta OMG's when that text was opened! Fun times!
Old 06-12-2011, 09:20 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sitchensis View Post
Because she asked
I will say, that is pretty much the only acceptable reason I could think of.
Old 06-12-2011, 09:23 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitaine Zombie View Post
I am still wondering why you ever thought it could be a good move. I'd be as likely to score a girl by sending her photos of my anus than I would sending her photos of my junk.
Unless you've got the most beautiful dick in the world (and I would need some cites or pics to back that up), how could that plan ever work?
I think you missed the punchline.
Old 06-12-2011, 09:35 PM

Wow what a bunch of fuddie duddies in the poll. I've send them out all the time. Then again, the circumstances I'm sending them out are when I'm responding to adult personal ads (like off of adultfriendfinder or the Casual Encounters section of Craigslist), so they're already expecting something like that. Also available upon request.

Now, I would never send them to someone in order to woo them in a regular dating situation. That's a great way to get mocked.
Old 06-12-2011, 09:54 PM

Does it count if the person you're sending it to is the one who took the picture(s)?

Last edited by Dahnlor; 06-12-2011 at 09:56 PM.
Old 06-12-2011, 10:11 PM

I voted but Imma not going to tell you how. Heh. Watching the Tonys and they're doing "Anything Goes". How appropriate.
Old 06-12-2011, 10:15 PM

Yeah, I've done it. Only if requested. It's different for girls, anyway.
Old 06-12-2011, 11:41 PM
Elephant Whisperer

Does Xeroxing my butt count?
Old 06-12-2011, 11:44 PM
BANNED

Of course not.
Old 06-12-2011, 11:49 PM

I once flashed my breasts in one of those 4-photographs while you wait booths, but I never sent it to anyone.

I was young, all alone, and felt oh so naughty!
Old 06-12-2011, 11:52 PM
Charter Member

Once.

I shouldn't have, really, it was a bit of a stupid idea. But nothing came of it, good or ill, so that's okay.
Old 06-12-2011, 11:58 PM
Elephant Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diogenes the Cynic View Post
Of course not.
Ah well, then I answer no to the poll.
Old 06-13-2011, 12:01 AM

Did anyone ever read that thread on Fark where a member got part of his scrotum caught in the slats of a wooden chair while jerking off at his computer and posted asking for help in coming up with ideas to extricate it? He took a picture with his cell phone camera to clarify the situation. That's about the only good excuse I could think of for sending a picture of your genitals to someone.

Most people laughed themselves sick and then advised him to call 911, but I think he finally got free by using a pair of scissors to wedge the slats apart further.
Old 06-13-2011, 12:11 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by chizzuk View Post
Did anyone ever read that thread on Fark where a member got part of his scrotum caught in the slats of a wooden chair while jerking off at his computer and posted asking for help in coming up with ideas to extricate it? He took a picture with his cell phone camera to clarify the situation. That's about the only good excuse I could think of for sending a picture of your genitals to someone.

Most people laughed themselves sick and then advised him to call 911, but I think he finally got free by using a pair of scissors to wedge the slats apart further.
You scared the crap out of me when you got to the word "scissors."
Old 06-13-2011, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Have you ever taken photos of your genitals
No.

Quote:
and sent them to someone else?
Hell no.
Old 06-13-2011, 12:27 AM
Elephant Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chizzuk View Post

Slight hijack, because photo-taking was not involved, but this reminds me of a guy in Hong Kong who was screwing a park bench one time. Yes, a park bench. There was a knothole in the seat, and apparently his penis became so swollen while doing the deed that it got stuck. And then the swelling would not go down. So he had to call for help. The paper said they carted the park bech off with them with the guy still attached and managed to remove him at the hospital.
Old 06-13-2011, 03:08 AM

Yes. My partner travels a lot for work, and I like to remind him of what's waiting for him at home.

He responds with a pic of his mouth.
Old 06-13-2011, 03:15 AM

C'mon, admit it. How many of you guys used a zoom lens?
Old 06-13-2011, 03:18 AM

I try to adhere to the rule that any private document can turn into public documentary. The only way to absolutely control a document is never to create it.

Thus, I have never even taken pictures of mine or anyone else's genitals, let alone sent them anywhere.