Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-16-2015, 08:24 PM

To my employee:
I didn't say anything when you decided it was OK to randomly take off for 15-20 minutes at a time to pump milk-I understand that you can't always plan the exact time.
I arranged to have another employee cover you although it meant she sometimes works into her lunch hour so I end up paying her overtime for the coverage. It also means she can't go out for lunch since she never knows when you might decide to pop off for awhile without notice and I need somebody working.
But where do you get off putting in your timesheet and indicating that you didn't have a lunch break and wanting to be paid overtime for working 9 hours straight??
You are taking at least an hour's worth of breaks daily and I will gratefully grant you the time you need but I am NOT paying you overtime wages to sit in a room and pump milk while everybody else covers for you. By all means, take the time you need but don't include it on timesheet as working hours.