Old 06-17-2019, 12:08 AM

What's better than teleportation in an overbooked MMP?

What's better than teleportation? Because I need it for next weekend when I have six (6!) places I want to be virtually simultaneously next Saturday morning, some hundreds of miles apart!
They include:[*]
  • TWO different balloon festivals, both of which i attended last year (one changed it's date).
  • A really cool Urbex photo shoot, on private property, thst only opens up, at best usually < 1x/yr.
  • A race that id like to do, relatively close to the above shoot.
  • A less-cool shoot coupled w/ a technique class.
  • A graduation ceremony where I really only know ONE of the graduates.[/list)]
Anyone have a teleporter i can borrow?

Pre-hijack question - Im booked 6x, what's the most activities youve had to do in one day, at one time?
Old 06-17-2019, 12:21 AM

Work or not work? When I worked, 6 activities was a light day. Now days, 2-3 things max.
Old 06-17-2019, 05:06 AM

I don't think I've had so many things on one day, but I have had occasions when I've had over a month with nothing much on, then one day in the middle with 3 mutually incompatible things on. Typically one I had to do, one I'd really like to do and one someone would get upset if I didn't do.

Luckily today's things all work out- I need to go hand in paperirk in person at the college main campus for a background check, then I want to go play with tiny plants for a bit. This is on two different sites, but they're only 5 minutes apart in the same town.

I *was* planning on doing stuff this morning, but horribly overslept, so I haven't. I think it's 'cos I'm finally able to sleep through without having to wake up to put skin cream on every 2 hours (the latest treatment appears to have actually *worked*, huzzah!), so my body's trying to catch up on about 3 months of disturbed sleep; on Saturday night I crashed out for over 12 hours straight, earning me some proper student cred.
Old 06-17-2019, 05:24 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Hard as it might be to believe, I'm not nearly as popular as you are, Spidey, so I rarely get invited anywhere anyway, let alone multiples for one day. Then again, I don't belong to any clubs or social organizations, and since we sold the boat, we don't plan our weekends around the marina.

OK, I admit, we're old and boring.

Today's old and boring plans include grocery shopping and maybe cleaning off the pile of papers on my desk. Mainly, I need to plan the snack menu for the shop open house on Thursday. We have no idea how many will be coming so I'll need to stage things for quick plan changes. And I need to buy a cheap cooler for ice and water.

Gee, maybe not so boring after all...

Happy Moanday!
Old 06-17-2019, 06:00 AM
Charter Member

Good Mornin' Y'all! Up and caffeinatin'. *YAWN* 'Tis 73 Amurrkin out and N.O.S. with a predicted high of 93 and who knows what this afternoon accordin' to TWPB. Seriously, it could be N.O.S. or it could be rain/tstorms/apocalypse. So I guess we shall see.

Spidey that's what you get for bein' too popular. I'm guessin' the really cool photo shoot and the race are two things you would really like to do, so I'd go with those two if possible since they are relatively close by each other. If one of the balloon festivals is close by and you can get to it, maybe that as well? I would definitely blow off the graduation and send a nice card and/or maybe a gift. I do actually have two things to do today but one is mornin' and one is evenin', so way doable. This mornin' I have an appointment with the doc to discuss meds. Rah. This evenin' is men's night over to the church house which I usually set up and will today. Steaks are marinatin' and beer is chillin' for that as I post. I need to do some cave spiffin' and that will get done betwixt the two things, so, heh, I guess I do have a bzzy day as well!

Now I need more caffeine and rumbly tummy wants to be fed. Then, alas, alack, and bother of bothers, I must purtify and don appropriate goin' about the public attire. I have some errands that need doin' so maybe take care of those before the doc would be a wise move.

Dang! I am bzzy today!

Happy Moanday Y'all!
Old 06-17-2019, 06:31 AM

Happy Moonday!

It's a cloudy 70 degrees outside, supposed to get up to 84 with rain later today.

I always have too much to do, most of it never gets done, and very little of it is fun.

I feel like the weeding will NEVER end. I need to KonMari my papers (clothes and books are done), my son has been so busy with school that the patio is overgrown AGAIN, I need to schedule some medical stuff, I haven't been to the dentist in years, the truck needs a bath and an oil change (actually the remaining oil life is something like 86%, but it's been over a year since the last one). I want to plant some more shasta daisies along the sidewalk, but I think my son will kill me if he has to dig more holes. I will be so happy when school is out. We have to get stuff ready for him to go to classes in August, he needs new clothes (he's lost over 6o pounds, his old stuff was falling off of him so he got new clothes, but now the new clothes are too big). He wants to lose another 20 pounds, so I'll probably hold off on the new clothes until closer to the class start date. No sense in buying new stuff now that might be too big in a few months. He should get his hair trimmed, and I think he may need to get a cell phone since I'll have to pick him up after class. Unless he decides it's time to get his license. Which would mean signing him up for driving classes, and taking him out driving, and dealing with the MVA. Also have to figure out when and where to get a school ID. The cat needs to go to the vet soon to check his heart and renew his script. Actually not so much to do, but it makes me feel overwhelmed.

I don't know how the rest of y'all do it.

I don't like an over crowded schedule, but I tend to avoid anything that needs scheduling, so it isn't often a problem that I have too much to do at the same time.

Back when I was pet sitting though... some days were a scheduling nightmare where I needed to be at three different houses walking three different dogs in three different towns.

You're a busy man Spidey, better you than me.

Last edited by Sahirrnee; 06-17-2019 at 06:32 AM.
Old 06-17-2019, 07:02 AM

Blurf. Our weather guessers are a bunch of liars. We have been promised rain for days with nary a drop. I want rain.

Nothing much on tap today except irk. I never have anything much to do except irk. I choose it that way.

Blurfage

Last edited by Buttercup Smith; 06-17-2019 at 07:03 AM.
Old 06-17-2019, 07:03 AM

Spidey, could use teleportation for my upcoming vacation, got 8 airline flights and a train trip, along with various transit systems and rental cars. Should be busy getting around and seeing things for the next three weeks.

List for today is packing, do laundry/dishes/pay gas bill/get cash/confirm air reservation for tomorrow/reserve taxi. Nothing really strenuous, but busy.

Up at 0600, already 77F heading to near 90F with a 60% chance of rain.
Old 06-17-2019, 08:22 AM
Charter Member

Up, caffeinated, and sheveled. Off today?

Spidey, one time there was events at 4 Brew pubs and a bottle shop in a 4 hour period, but I couldn't have afforded to Uber across 2 counties.
Old 06-17-2019, 08:27 AM
born to be shunned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post

Pre-hijack question - Im booked 6x, what's the most activities youve had to do in one day, at one time?
That I actually did? Offhand I would say six but all were within the county and over a 14 hour span.

That I would have liked to do? We had one particular Saturday last summer when there were 10-12 things we really really wanted to do; we accomplished 4. Because of our schedules and interests its normal for us to have 4-6 activities a day during the summer.

Slightly related -- we once did 9 amusement parks in 7 days across 5 states doing drive-throughs of another state or two. Added in were three historic sites and a couple pop-up shopping opportunities.

PS -- we were thinking of you this weekend with the big balloon festival near Erie; they had a rough run of it with the weather and all.
Old 06-17-2019, 08:40 AM

How can you 2 places at once when you're not anywhere at all? (I believe that's from Firesign Theater). I've never been double booked. I suggest a TARDIS.

Last edited by peedin; 06-17-2019 at 08:41 AM.
Old 06-17-2019, 08:47 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

FCD is losing it. I went out to tell him I was leaving for the grocery store, and he was standing in the middle of his shop, looking perplexed. He couldn't find his keys. After the usual "Where did you go when you came in here, did you open these drawers, did you throw anything in the trash??" I gave him my key to his car, then went to my car. Oh a hunch, I looked, and lo and behold, his keys were in his car.

I'm just back from erranding. I got a couple of cheapie coolers at the dollar store and I got most of the stuff for the open house snacks. I'll get a few more things on Weds and I'll spend much of Thurs assembling the goodies. But for now, I can chill. Maybe. We shall see...
Old 06-17-2019, 09:04 AM

After teleporting to me, a friend once said "wouldn't it be great to have this irl?"
I replied "it would, but look at it on the bright side. We don't have it, but neither do our mothers."
"True that."

Now excuse me while I teleport to another meeting...
Old 06-17-2019, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampbear View Post
Spidey that's what you get for bein' too popular. I'm guessin' the really cool photo shoot and the race are two things you would really like to do, so I'd go with those two if possible since they are relatively close by each other. If one of the balloon festivals is close by and you can get to it, maybe that as well? I would definitely blow off the graduation and send a nice card and/or maybe a gift.
As of now, plan is BF1 Firday evening, then drive up to stay at & go to graduation Sat moaning, then drive up to & stay at BF2 for Sat PM & Sun AM; should be about 10-11 total hrs in the car, across three states for the weekend.

What I'd like to do would be go to BF1 Firday evening, get a rideairplane/helichopper flight to Race (3 hr drive from BF1), go to RCUPS (1 hr drive), then be flown to BF2 (6 hr drive). Can I borrow one of the Mumper's private jet? Please? Pretty please? Mine's in for it's annual (inspection)

I don't want to go to the graduation (they're boring) but that is the highest priority item on the list; yanno, familyish type obligations.

Ruble, I don't know that festival. Just looked, I only know a couple of the pilots & actually know one of the balloons, as it used to be a local pilot's who sold it. Most of them are from that state to the west. Didja know that with just one little extra line, "Ohio" becomes "On no"!
Likewise, I was thinking of you, the race is a summer biathlon, thou in Altoonafish instead of Oil Creek (that's in Aug). Was thinking if I borrowed one of your cannons, I could shoot more than one target at a time. Of course, no one after me would have any targets left to shoot at iffn I did that.
Old 06-17-2019, 10:33 AM

Paid the gas bill (last bill of the month) and got some travellin' money. The last dishes are in the washer and I've confirmed my flight tomorrow. Need to go get some sustenance here shortly (the cupboard and fridge are pretty bare).

Cloudy with rain predicted this afternoon, but still dry now.

Don't be to hard on FCF, FCM. Left my keys in the car more than once or leave them in the pocket of the jeans I just tossed in the laundry. Usually I find them...usually...
Old 06-17-2019, 11:15 AM

Have a good trip Metal Mouse.

We're doing the family dinner for Father's Day tonight. Salmon, fettuccine alfredo, and chocolate cake.
Old 06-17-2019, 11:26 AM

Antlers is getting braver, or hungrier.
I forgot to put food out for him yesterday.

We have baby robins in the nest out back. My son thinks there are babies in the one above the door.
Some of my wild flowers are starting to bloom. The wild flower patch is still mostly green, but there are a little orange, purple, and white specks here and there.

I hope you have a fun and safe trip MetalMouse.
It looks like it will be a busy trip.

We'll be heading out for the dog park soon.
I still have enough chili left for one more bowl, that will be dinner. If that isn't enough, I still have some ham left over too.
Old 06-17-2019, 04:24 PM

Afternoon all. Nappage completed and I took a test requested (required) by the Census Bureau. I hope I passed...

Still no rain, I'm tempted to go out and water the yard just to bring the storms in, but think I'll pass.

Thanks for the good wishes on my travels, everything is booked and confirmed, now just to have fun.
Old 06-17-2019, 04:26 PM

Excitement at the dog park today.

A beagle on the small side was yelling like it was being killed. Nope, it was in hot pursuit of a rabbit along with the other dogs on that side.
The rabbit ducked under the fence and came into the big dog side, and the hunting dog mixes on the big dog side took up the chase, with the woman who owned them in hot pursuit because she didn't want them to catch and kill the rabbit.

As much as I like rabbits and don't want to see one killed, I figure anything that comes into a dog park is fair game for the dogs. Damn if I am going to chase down a dog to save a rabbit.
Anyway, while the woman was chasing her dogs, the rabbit came back up towards me, ducked under the fence, went across the road and into the woods.

So the rabbit was safe, the woman was breathless, her dogs were pissed, and Ripple missed all of it.

There was only enough chili left for half a bowl, so I had that and some ham and cheese for dinner.

Dishwasher is running and I am logged into irk for the evening.
Old 06-17-2019, 06:18 PM

spidey, I gotta nice deal on a low mileage teleporter for ya. A little old lady only used it to go to mass...in Rome.

To answer the OP, I once had a graduation, a wedding and a funeral in the same weekend. In three states!

Bon voyage metal mouse!

Today was Mondayish, so I'm ready for something to go right this evening.

Last edited by missred; 06-17-2019 at 06:20 PM.
Old 06-17-2019, 07:06 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

The skies have opened and Higgs refuses to go out and pee. FCD will have to take her out after the storm passes.

I'm about to mosey back to bed, then back to work tomorrow.
Old 06-17-2019, 07:36 PM
Charter Member

Howdy Y'all! Been a bzzy bear today. Did the meds thing, with errands beforehand, stopped by Hardee's, cause, why not, and had a burger and fries for N.O.L., came back to da cave and did some spiffin'. Then, went over to the church house for men's night to do set up and the ensuin' festivities. We had a good crowd and 'twas lots of fun. Glad to be home, however, and beddy bye shall be shortly. I's tahrd!

Sari I am sure Antlers is highly displeased with the quality of servants right now.

MetalMouse have a great vacation! Bring us back stuff.
Old 06-17-2019, 07:46 PM

All laundry is complete, so all that is left is the actual packing...I've gotten better at it as the years go on, a trip like this 20 years ago would have required 2 full suitcases at a minimum, but I'm managing with one and a carry-on ($30/bag fee does help concentrate one on packing right). Need to bump the AC up to about 81F since I won't be using it.

FCM, all our rain is out to the west of me, but we're still promised under-boomers tonight.

Sari, so you just go to the dog park without Ripple? But maybe I should, it sure sounds exciting...

Take care all y'all and if I get close to a computer in the next several weeks I'll drop you a line to let you know I'm still here.
Old 06-17-2019, 07:53 PM

Safe travels MetalMouse.

Left irk early due to impending storms and because I could. Got home and Louie is puny again. When I picked him up to go outside he yelped in pain so I think his arthritis is acting up with the wet weather. I gave him a baby aspirin and have just babied him. I just carried him down stairs to pee which he did without hiking his leg and he came back up under his own power. I shall be at the Veterinarian at 8:30 as soon as they open and just wait as long as necessary. He is out of his normal anti inflammatory medicine. My poor baby is getting old and decrepit, much like his mama. All good thoughts and healing vibes and even prayers are welcomed.

I cooked a turkey roast for supper and it was OK. It will get us by until the next one. I have a corned beef on tap for tomorrow night along with cabbage of course.
Old 06-17-2019, 08:23 PM

heh i was much more traveled as a kid then as an adult because every vacation and anything that was more than a weekend off i had to fly from Indiana to ca for court appearances because indiana and ca was sharing custody of me ...in ca i stayed at moms and in indiana i lived at grandmas until I was sort of snookered into saying i wanted to live in ca.....

in the 80s me and my brother were possibly the only 2 kids with flyer miles .. when twa went out i cried as that was my fave airline .........

i would of been perfectly happy going back and forth as I was ....... being an uncompanioned minor was always fun cause they gave us kids free stuff ....

Last edited by nightshadea; 06-17-2019 at 08:25 PM.
Old 06-18-2019, 05:12 AM

Morning all. The crack-o-dawn folks having a lie-in?

Got another spur of the moment interview this afternoon- just for a casual hotel/bar job. I could use the extra cash, though I'm not all that bothered either way, as I'm filling up my summer holiday with volunteering and other things that might long term be more useful for what I'd like to do. I should go attempt to purtify in preparation, regardless.
Old 06-18-2019, 05:24 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Well, the drafting pixies didn't clear the crap off my desk while I weekended, so I guess I'll be busy today. Dammit. I can shred a bunch, so that will help.

Quite a little storm blew thru our county last night - not too terrible at our house, but on my ride in, I passed several downed trees, including one lying across a wire (cable, I think...) The weather guy mentioned hail in Leonardtown, but that's far enough from our house that it wouldn't have affected us.

So, onward into the day!! Happy Tuesday!
Old 06-18-2019, 06:12 AM
Charter Member

Good Mornin' Y'all! Up and caffeinatin'. *YAWN* I was a slug abed this mornin' and did not arise until six-thirty! 'Tis 74 Amurrkin out and partly cloudy whatever that means, with a predicted high of 90 and rain/tstorms/apocalypse this afternoon/evenin'. We shall see. Today I shall launder, do a little more spiffin' of da cave, and, of course, make sup. Sup will be my world famous Eyetalian chikin, peas 'n carrots, cheesey rice, and frozen rolls that I shall thoughtfully thaw and bake. I bought four Boston <snerk> butts! <snerk> at the burly butcher sto' yestiddy. Today I shall apply a rub to 'em and tomorrow I shall put them in the smoker. Two are small and two are large. I envision choppin' one of the smaller ones for sup purposes tomorrow and the others will get wrapped up to go in da freezer for later use. Sounds like enough to keep me busy and outta trouble today.

Nuts good luck with the job interview. I just know they will talk with you and decide no use in talkin' to anybody else.

{{{Butters and HRH Lucky Louie}}} hope he's better to day.

Now I need more caffeine and to feed rumbly tummy. Then, onward into the day! Rah.

Happy Tuesday Y'all!
Old 06-18-2019, 07:20 AM

Happy Toosday!

It looks cloudy outside, 70 degrees now, supposed to get up to 81.

I changed my start hours today so I could sleep in. I may make the change permanent.

Today is another day of getting stuff done. It rained pretty hard last night, so pulling weeds should be easier today.
Old 06-18-2019, 08:07 AM

Heh, I'm glad I wasn't desperate for that job- total waste of time. I'd included the hours I was available on my cover letter and they hadn't even read it. Said I was looking for one or two days a week, they wanted full time (the ad said full and part time roles, with no further info) and the two days a week I said I couldn't work were non-negotiable compulsory. It would have been a bit of a nightmare getting there in tourist season anyway.

Oh well, more free time is also good!
Old 06-18-2019, 08:08 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

swampy - how do you smoke your <snerk> butts <snerk>? They've got some on sale at FL and I've never smoked anything that large before. What temp? How long?

Thanks ever so...
Old 06-18-2019, 11:03 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Goodness, we're quiet today. Me, I'm busy, but I need to give my brain a little break before my had asplodes!!!

Old 06-18-2019, 11:17 AM

Everyone's too overbooked to post

I'm not busy at all. In fact, I just spent two hours playing around with my new pasta machine, trying to make ravioli.

I've made... something... as well as a mess. Not sure what it'll taste like though.
Old 06-18-2019, 11:25 AM

I was heading up to get a shower when a friend called, so I talked with her for a bit.
Before that I was trying to tune out the fighting next door.
I don't know why they have to fight right outside my window, I don't want to hear it, and Ripple sits at the window and barks at them.
He's bugging me to get ready and go to the park.
More of my wild flowers are blooming, so I want to pull up more weeds.
Last night I was dreaming about weeding.
If I were younger and stronger I could probably get everything done in one day, however, my back starts hurting and I have to take a break.
I need one of those garden stools that you can wheel around.
Old 06-18-2019, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttercup Smith View Post
Got home and Louie is puny again. When I picked him up to go outside he yelped in pain so I think his arthritis is acting up with the wet weather. I gave him a baby aspirin and have just babied him. I just carried him down stairs to pee which he did without hiking his leg and he came back up under his own power. I shall be at the Veterinarian at 8:30 as soon as they open and just wait as long as necessary. He is out of his normal anti inflammatory medicine. My poor baby is getting old and decrepit, much like his mama. All good thoughts and healing vibes and even prayers are welcomed.
That's the problem with pets. They come and go way too quickly. We have to give Vinnie Schnauzer pills for his arthritis and he doesn't see well or hear well anymore. It makes my eyes sweat just to think about it.

Nothing on the agenda to do today, except the filing I've been putting off for far too long.
Dinner tonight may well be Odd Moe's pizza again. Their pizza is good, and it passed the 'microwave the next day' test.
'Sides, I'm mad at Papa Murphy's again. They used to have their 'Taco Grande' pizza for the entire month of May but when we went to get one towards the end of the month they said that corporate hadn't sent them enough of the spicy meat mixture and they were out.
That's when we tried Odd Moe's taco pizza. Good thing we did. Also Odd Moe's puts lettuce on theirs.

The boys are getting hair cuts today. They'll stop looking lke hairy tumbleweeds.

Tomorrow we're going to drive over to eastern Orygun again to look at properties.
The girl child has volunteered for pup duty so the boys will be taken care of.

Happy Toosday y'all.
Old 06-18-2019, 12:20 PM

I am taking Kona dog to the vet today for an eye problem. I guess it's just one of those days.

Sorry about the job, Nut. It sounds like you're well clear of the place.
Old 06-18-2019, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyChatMom View Post
swampy - how do you smoke your <snerk> butts <snerk>? They've got some on sale at FL and I've never smoked anything that large before.
Why do I picture Swampy singing?
Old 06-18-2019, 12:36 PM
KB not found. Press any key
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyChatMom View Post
Then again, I don't belong to any clubs or social organizations,
I refuse to belong to any organization that would accept the likes of me.
Old 06-18-2019, 02:21 PM
Charter Member

Howdy Y'all! I finished spiffin' da cave and laundry is done. The <snerk> butt! <snerk> has been <snerk> rubbed <snerk> and is in da fridge. Eyetalian chikin is cookin' in the slow cooker and in a bit I shall begin prep of the rest of sup. Spidey I do indeed like big <snerk> butts! <snerk> The Boston kind that is.

Nuts sounds like a bullet dodged there.

MOOOOOOM the worst part is it takes several hours to smoke a <snerk> butt! <snerk> The internal temp needs to be 180 Amurrkin degrees for it to be done. First thing, do the rub the day before as it really does enhance the flavor. I like to get my smoker up to 225 Amurrkin and then put the <snerk> butt! <snerk> in the smoker. I don't cook it until all the way done in the smoker as I like to finish 'em in the oven. I will let the smoker go about four hours, maybe five, then wrap the <snerk> butts! <snerk> in the oven set on 225-250 dependin' on the oven. With my oven 225 is good. I'll check 'em after about two hours with a probe. When the internal temp is 180 they're good. You know, of course, to let 'em sit for a bit before slicin' or pullin'. I use heavy duty foil and if I'm puttin' any in da freezer, will do an extra wrap with the foil and put 'em in plastic bags. There are all kinds of over the top recipes all over the intartoobz, but this has always worked for me.
Old 06-18-2019, 03:10 PM

Back from a three and a half hour Vet appt. After many tests and X-rays doc settled on Pancreatitis. It’s not the worst case ever but with the long lasting antibiotic shot and the long acting pain shot and the SubQ fluids he says he will be fine in a few days. He also can’t have anything to eat except this prescription dog food until this clears up. I opened a can and he ate some of it which surprised me since he is rather picky. I’m just glad it can be treated.

I am exhausted since I didn’t get very much sleep if any last night. Pets. Why do we have pets again?
Old 06-18-2019, 03:26 PM

Top this:

In the middle of the night after going to the can I noticed the toliet flushed funny. Checking the bowl, it was low and no water coming in. I checked the faucet. No water. Uh oh.

I checked around, no breaks in the house. Checked the yard around the pipe for wetness, nothing. Is the water out for the whole area?

At dawn I see the problem. Water was puddling in the yard. I turned off the water at the meter. Oh boy. Started doing the online help thing. Nothing for a while (too early) then a surge of calls. Got two to come out. Took the smaller estimate (and you could just tell this wasn't a rip off outfit ... unlike the other).

Several hours and lots of $$ later, water. Clear (well, eventually) plentiful water. We can flush!

There's still the massive water bill we're going to get for all the wasted water.

(Apparently a sinkhole in the yard put too much stress on the pipe.)

So, that's my day. Fun!
Old 06-18-2019, 04:09 PM

Shouldn't the city/county fix that?

Hope Louie is feeling better soon Butters

I saw a squirrel run through the dog park today, Ripple didn't see it or the chase would have been on.
Then two dogs got into a fight, big dogs too. I had to grab Ripple because when he sees two dogs fighting he wants to join in. I don't know if he doesn't realize it is a fight, or he thinks fighting would be fun.
Don't know what is up lately with him, every time we go to the park lately he gets ganged up on by the other dogs. They are playing, but the other day it was 4 on 1, today is was 2 on 1 with another dog getting ready to join in when the fight broke out.
Old 06-18-2019, 04:41 PM
Charter Member

Howdy Y'all! We supped and 'tis big time stormy out. Thus, I made the executive decision not to go meet up with my group. I'm told it's all clear where they're meetin' but not here. Sorry but da bear don't go out runnin' around durin' tstorms. Especially the ones with cloud to ground lightnin'.

Butters glad to know HRH Lucky Louie will get better, poor feller. ::skritches:: from Unca swampy. Glad he felt like eatin' some.

ftg dang! You win the bad day award.
Old 06-18-2019, 06:17 PM

shady, what part of Indiana did you live in?

Sounds like you dodged a bullet with that job nut.

{{{louie and butters}}} I'm glad he's eating something.

Got a new report set up today. Tomorrow, I will have someone from operations who is interested in a position in our department shadow me for a couple of hours. I'm not sure if they're thinking of her as a backfill for the old bat or the other reconciler who will probably wind up as an analyst. I hope it's the old bat. (Am I evil?).

The floors are swept and mopped. This evening, I'll get started on a wedding album that has been commissioned. Once done, that will be some fun money. I'll have another two to do next month, so I'll be busy.
Old 06-18-2019, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftg View Post
At dawn I see the problem. Water was puddling in the yard. I turned off the water at the meter. Oh boy. Started doing the online help thing. Nothing for a while (too early) then a surge of calls. Got two to come out. Took the smaller estimate (and you could just tell this wasn't a rip off outfit ... unlike the other).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahirrnee View Post
Shouldn't the city/county fix that?
Around here, if it's on your side of the meter, it's all yours.

{{{Louie and Butters}}}

My plan for getting pizza for dinner was vetoed. We're having a big-a$$ed sorta Cobb salad.
Old 06-19-2019, 05:37 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

It rained last night. More is promised today. And tomorrow... the day of our company open house. Dammit. Hope it doesn't start raining till later in the day.

When I get home today, I'll start some of the cooking for the finger foods tomorrow. Last night, I made the egg salad, so that's a start. Also tonight, I'll need to roll the meat and cheese in the tortillas for pinwheels - they're supposed to chill overnight so they stay rolled when you slice them up. We shall see. And I've got to make the brownies and the lemon squares. Whew!

FCD is a nervous wreck. I'll be glad when this is all over so he can chill a bit.

But first, I've got work to do - my desk is a mess. Happy Wednesday!!
Old 06-19-2019, 06:15 AM
Charter Member

Good Mornin' Y'all! Up and caffeinatin'. *YAWN* Actually up and been caffeinatin' but still caffeinatin'. I put the <snerk> butts! <snerk> on the smoker at six a.m. bein' as it was daylight enough to see then. So they are smokin' away! I'll take 'em off around elevenish, wrap 'em in heavy duty foil and finish 'em off in the oven. I envision bbq sammiches, coleslaw, and fries for sup. YUM! 'Tis 75 Amurrkin out and cloudy with a predicted high of 91 with scattered rain/tstorms/apocalypse predicted for this afternoon/evenin'. I shall go in a bit to lay in provisions.

Now I need more caffeine and to feed rumbly tummy. Then, alas, alack, and bother, I must purtify and don appropriate goin' about the public at the Pubic Sto' attire.

Happy Hump Day Y'all!
Old 06-19-2019, 06:31 AM

Happy Hump Day!

Looks rainy outside, 70 degrees and supposed to get up to 82.

I wanted to sleep in a little this morning since I was on the irk phone until past midnight last night. I could have slept until 7, but my body decided that 6 was good.

My son's last big test is today. He got A's on the last two, so I expect he will get an A on this one.
Then he has to do a rewrite of his resume and cover letter for the other class.
Then the BIG ass assignment is due. It is already 10 pages long and he is only about two thirds of the way done. Unfortunately for him, I have been out of the corporate world for too long to help him. I don't know what benefits are the norm now. Do companies still offer health insurance as a standard benefit? Are 401Ks standard? Stock options? Gym memberships? Subsidized lunches?
I have no idea what is expected anymore.

The woman next door is suppose to be moving out, again I saw her mother yesterday and she told me. I'd rather he moved out, as he is the noisy one who likes to party.

It's probably that way here too Bumba, but twice I have called for other people who had breaks in the main and it was always the county who came out. Maybe they just shut off the water and then the home owner has to deal with it. In the middle of the night it was the fire department who came out.

I need to get Ripple off to day care, come home and log in to irk. I hope to get a mess of weeding done today since I didn't get anything done yesterday.
I need to do laundry sometime too. I really need more clothes but I don't want to spend any money right now.

Good luck with the open house FCM
Old 06-19-2019, 06:40 AM

*bounces around*

How come I pretty much only come to the MMP when I'm feeling bouncy?

Lots of work that needs to be done, but none that can be done. I pointed out a couple of weeks back that a certain important functionality wasn't working as advertised, was given again the same manuals I already have. Now awaiting the supposed explanations which one person theoretically knows. Call me weird, but I don't think that a function which is supposed to be essential should be understood by a single person in the company, and that's assuming she does understand it.

Oh well. Somebody else's monkeys, I get paid the same for spending time on YouTube looking at drawing tutorials.

* bounces away, looking for something to Look Busy with*
Old 06-19-2019, 06:55 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

sari - I think 401k, usually with a small matching component, is fairly standard in most places these day. And in my limited experience, health insurance is available as part of a group plan, so it's cheaper than buying it on the open market, and often companies subsidize a portion of it. My company offers tuition reimbursement if you're following a course of study that will benefit the company (coworker is taking engineering classes) and if you achieve a certain grade - I know other companies offer similar programs. We can also get reduced price gym membership at certain places. As for stock options, I think that sort of thing tends to be limited to senior executive types, but that's just my guess. Some places also offer child care - in the grand scheme of things, I think it depends on what a company has to do to fill its vacancies.

OK, back to work with me. busy busy busy...