Old 07-14-2019, 09:42 AM

The president of the United States tells four sitting Congresswomen, three of whom were born in the United States, to go back where they came from. But, I'm sure he's just joking and not a racist.
Old 07-14-2019, 10:22 AM

The AP has a story too: https://apnews.com/728ada1e918a482c9e9b1f3e24937caa

Fuck this guy. Fuck him up his stupid ass.
Old 07-14-2019, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiveyearlurker View Post
The president of the United States tells four sitting Congresswomen, three of whom were born in the United States, to go back where they came from. But, I'm sure he's just joking and not a racist.
Yeah, that's as racist/white nationalist as fuck. Just more evidence of what a despicable piece of shit he is. It's way beyond reasonable doubt.

Now, it's not just immigrants, but American citizens who are descendants of immigrants of the wrong color.
Old 07-14-2019, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Wonder how Trump would respond if they gave the same advice about his Melania?
Old 07-14-2019, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelby View Post
She's not the wrong color.
Old 07-14-2019, 10:39 AM
Arms of Steel, Leg of Jello
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelby View Post
"Who? Never knew her. We were only married a short time."
Old 07-14-2019, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walken After Midnight View Post
Oh.

Shit.
Old 07-14-2019, 10:53 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
To be fair, Trump said they "came from countries whose governments are a complete and total catastrophe, the worst, most corrupt and inept anywhere in the world (if they even have a functioning government at all)" and that now describes all Americans.
Old 07-14-2019, 11:44 AM

Nancy Pelosi on Twitter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy Pelosi
When @realDonaldTrump tells four American Congresswomen to go back to their countries, he reaffirms his plan to “Make America Great Again” has always been about making America white again.
Bernie Sanders on Twitter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Sanders
When I call the president a racist, this is what I'm talking about
Old 07-14-2019, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Nemo View Post
To be fair, Trump said they "came from countries whose governments are a complete and total catastrophe, the worst, most corrupt and inept anywhere in the world (if they even have a functioning government at all)" and that now describes all Americans.
Well, he's only describing three of the four. Somalia's not all that bad.

Quote:
It's how it starts. First we start up concentration camps and use the excuse that they are only for people who are here illegally, then we start putting people into them that *shouldn't* be here. His comments are intentional in order to dehumanize our fellow citizens, so that when they are rounded up, well, they aren't really americans, are they?

It's systematic. I haven't heard much about it recently, but it was not long ago that they were "questioning" the legitimacy of birth certificates of midwives near the border. If you don't "look" like you belong here, you will be subject to extra scrutiny, some of which is motivated in a way that cannot be passed. If the govt refuses to accept your birth certificate as proof of citizenship, what do you have? Accusations of citizenship fraud gets you a two-fer, as it means they don't have any rights (yes, even person here the most illegally still has rights, but try convincing the justice department of that), and it means that they have been accused of a crime, so can be detained.

With the powers that border patrol and ICE have, they can essentially stop anyone within the "border zone", demand that they present their papers, and even if all is in order, still be in a position to accuse them of fraud. I'm sure that once things are worked out, and the citizen has proven their right to be here, ICE will be very apologetic and let them go back to their lives, which would not have been impacted in the slightest by being detained for a period of time. Of course, even in this sarcastically described scenario, the backlog created by requiring these verifications will mean more or less indefinite detainment for many, and this administration has, in relation to trying to reunite children with the families they were removed from, said it was just too hard to do, and so wouldn't do it. Once this backlog is long enough, I suspect the administration would just give up again, and figure that if some citizens get caught up in the concentration camps, then that is just the price that the administration is willing to make them pay.
Old 07-14-2019, 12:32 PM

Quote:
This is the kind of racist rambling one would expect from a drunken asshole at closing time in a scummy bar. And even his friends would tell him he's being an asshole.

The President of the United States, people. Asshole racist scumbag.

I'm sure in the coming months, he'll come up with things that are worse. And his fans will love it, some because they agree, and others because he pisses off the lefties.

For those who say that we have to work with Trump and his supporters.... No.
It's like saying that you have to have a reasonable and logical debate with the drunk asshole at the scummy bar at the end of the night. No, you don't. You can't have a reasonable conversation with a drunk scummy asshole racist, and try to convince them to act properly. You throw them out of the bar, and you ban them from ever entering again.

Republicans need to be thrown out of power, and never elected again.

Last edited by Euphonious Polemic; 07-14-2019 at 12:33 PM.
Old 07-14-2019, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphonious Polemic View Post
This is the kind of racist rambling one would expect from a drunken asshole at closing time in a scummy bar. And even his friends would tell him he's being an asshole.

I'm sure in the coming months, he'll come up with things that are worse. And his fans will love it, some because they agree, and others because he pisses off the lefties.

For those who say that we have to work with Trump and his supporters.... No.
It's like saying that you have to have a reasonable and logical debate with the drunk asshole at the scummy bar at the end of the night. No, you don't. You can't have a reasonable conversation with a drunk scummy asshole racist, and try to convince them to act properly. You throw them out of the bar, and you ban them from ever entering again.

Republicans need to be thrown out of power, and never elected again.
And it is impossible to work with those who are supporting these behaviors. You cannot reason with the scummy asshole racist, drunk or sober. But, in this bar, we have to get a vote in order to kick someone out, and 60% of the people in the bar are just here to have a drink. Those are the ones that we need to win over to our side, and screaming at the drunk is not going to help, and accusing them of siding with the drunk because they have no stood up against them is even less productive.
Old 07-14-2019, 01:21 PM

At some point though, you have to realize that reasoning with the portion of the crowd (20%) who are scummy drunken racist assholes is not going to work. You have to get those folks who just can't be bothered to pay attention to PAY ATTENTION! The scummy racist assholes are ruining your favorite drinking spot!
Old 07-14-2019, 01:54 PM

Unsurprisingly, Fox News described Trump's tweets as 'comedic'.

https://crooksandliars.com/2019/07/f...fVor0rlizdRT3Y
Old 07-14-2019, 02:05 PM

Quote:
At some point though, you have to realize that reasoning with the portion of the crowd (20%) who are scummy drunken racist assholes is not going to work. You have to get those folks who just can't be bothered to pay attention to PAY ATTENTION! The scummy racist assholes are ruining your favorite drinking spot!
Absolutely, and that is why we need to not make this about Trump, we need to make sure that we are not just wasting all our time fighting against the drunk assholes, and hoping that the bystanders pay enough attention to what is going on to take our side.

We need to turn our efforts to those bystanders, and rather than guilt them for not joining our side and therefore, supporting the other side, but rather, make the case directly to them as to why they should support us. This requires empathy and understanding of their concerns and priorities. Just because someone considers paying their own mortgage to be more important to them than whether or not we are holding children in cages does not make them a monster, it just means that their concerns are closer to home.

We think that it is so obvious that we are on the right side that anyone that doesn't join us is evil, and that's not a productive way to get people on to your side. Personally, I agree that it is is obvious to anyone who understands what is going on and the historical contexts that are being invoked should be on our side on this one, but there are many who just do not put in the effort to make themselves aware of either history or the contemporary situation. And we need to not make them feel guilty, or stupid, or anything else "bad" in order to convert them, as the other side, while "evil" can be much more enticing and persuasive.

It's simpler. I can spend a good hour or two explaining the economics of global trade and automation, and still not even get to the part as to why your coal mining job isn't coming back, or I can just lie, and say that *they* took it, that it is *their* fault. That's easy to understand, it gives you someone to blame, and suggests a course of action to fix it, beat *they*, by any means necessary. If someone stole your job and livelihood from you, would you not feel justified putting them into cages to get it back? I mean, if someone comes into my business and steals the money out of my till, I'll support putting him into a cage, why shouldn't I put people in cages for ruining my life? They see themselves at war, and they see you complaining about the way we are treating our enemy.

Note that I do not agree with what I just said, but it is, IMHO, how the process works to get us to the point where we are at.

We need to not even focus on the negatives, not focus on what we will do different, but just on what we will do. Any attempt to compare our side with theirs simply legitimizes their side as being worthy of even being considered and discussed in the same platform on which our plan to actually govern the people for the people is presented. Any time we mention Trump or his supporters, we help them out. Whenever we ignore them to focus on presenting our vision, we reduce their power.
Old 07-14-2019, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railer13 View Post

Well, of course, racists need a good laugh too.

"Hey did you hear the one about that minority who thinks that she belongs here just because she was born here and has lived her whole life here?" "Good one, haha, lol."
Old 07-14-2019, 02:21 PM

Lawmakers in Congress "viciously" telling the American people how to run the country?

Either he doesn't know what a representative is, or he does not believe in democracy. Both most likely. And racist to boot. A new low! Congrats, pubbies, this is your representative.
Old 07-14-2019, 02:38 PM

They just think it's funny. Comedic even.
Old 07-14-2019, 03:20 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railer13 View Post

"Fox and Friends" - the same group that called Mr. Rogers "dangerous".
Old 07-14-2019, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywatcher View Post
"Fox and Friends" - the same group that called Mr. Rogers "dangerous".
Well sure. Mr. Rogers advocated for people to be kind to one another. I mean, how much more anti-Christian could you get? Where's the hatred?
Old 07-14-2019, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Try2B Comprehensive View Post
Lawmakers in Congress "viciously" telling the American people how to run the country?

Either he doesn't know what a representative is, or he does not believe in democracy. Both most likely. And racist to boot. A new low! Congrats, pubbies, this is your representative.
He's trolling, and he's doing it because he knows that the ultimate consequence of this is that it will push the moderates further to the left. And even if they go left, it won't matter because they will be told that "They don't get us" - they don't get Millennials, or they don't get Black people, or they don't get Latinos, or they don't get Muslims, or they don't get women generally.

Right now, for a Sunday afternoon in July, the Democratic party stands unified in outrage to a tweet. That will change.
Old 07-14-2019, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Gold digging whores are welcome to stay.
Old 07-14-2019, 07:32 PM

Quote:

But he certainly is.
Old 07-14-2019, 08:12 PM

Quote:
I certainly wish Trump would go back where he came from. That is, back under the rock from whence he slithered lo these many years ago.

Last edited by El_Kabong; 07-14-2019 at 08:12 PM.
Old 07-14-2019, 08:17 PM

Quote:
People talking about how Trump is a racist: big win for Trump! Pleases his base!

People talking about how Trump has been really close to a guy who uses minors for sex? Close enough to hold a party at Mar-a-Lago for just him, Epstein and 28 girls? Maybe not so good for Trump.

...but, yeah: no one's talking about the second one, today.

Big win for Trump!!!!!

The party: https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-...-claims?bcmt=1
Old 07-14-2019, 09:10 PM
Elephant Whisperer

Quote:

So is every single one of his supporters. Just about any Republican these days really. Including certain members of this Board.
Old 07-14-2019, 10:46 PM

K9b, good stuff.

Trump really doesn’t understand that PR is part of the US, does he?
Old 07-14-2019, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlackerInc View Post
K9b, good stuff.

Trump really doesn’t understand that PR is part of the US, does he?
He might. But maybe he doesn't care, since the 60M+ people that voted for him don't care?
Old 07-14-2019, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9bfriender View Post
It's systematic. I haven't heard much about it recently, but it was not long ago that they were "questioning" the legitimacy of birth certificates of midwives near the border.
Thing is, some of them are fraudulent, and fraud should be investigated. This is one of those cases in which the question is about "how to do the investigation" and "what happens with people who find themselves in a bad situation through no fault of their own". There should be a statute of limitations, at minimum; for most crimes, we only punish the children of criminals by sending their parent(s) to jail, we do not send the child to jail instead of their criminal parent.

Last edited by Nava; 07-14-2019 at 11:58 PM.
Old 07-15-2019, 10:07 AM

Instead of apologizing for his racist tweets against the Democrat congresswomen, Trump has requested that they apologize.
Old 07-15-2019, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Instead of apologizing for his racist tweets against the Democrat congresswomen, Trump has requested that they apologize.
So the guy who has bragged about the size of his dick during a presidential debate, crowed about grapping women by the pussy, and referred to various countries as "shitholes", is clutching his pearls over "foul language"? Whatever.

BTW, anyone got a link to the "foul language" he's whining about?
Old 07-15-2019, 10:49 AM
Cecil's Inner Circle
Charter Member

New Congress member creates stir by saying of Trump: “We’re going to impeach this motherfucker!”

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...t-motherfucker
Old 07-15-2019, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Kabong View Post
BTW, anyone got a link to the "foul language" he's whining about?
Old 07-15-2019, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fear Itself View Post
New Congress member creates stir by saying of Trump: “We’re going to impeach this motherfucker!”

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...t-motherfucker
So he's been stewing about this since January? Jeez.
Old 07-15-2019, 11:57 AM

Shrug, he's been stewing about getting zinged once in a WH Correspondent's diner since 2011. I suspect the reason he's not mad at Marvel Comics for a joke about him they printed in 1992 is simply that he never saw it.

Last edited by Nava; 07-15-2019 at 11:58 AM.
Old 07-15-2019, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nava View Post
Shrug, he's been stewing about getting roasted in a WH Correspondent's diner since 2011. I suspect the reason he's not mad at Marvel Comics for a joke about him they printed in 1992 is simply that he never saw it.
Well, now he's not going to deport anyone or build anything... because he'll be too busy leafing through old comic books.

Well played, Nava!
Old 07-15-2019, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9bfriender View Post
Just because someone considers paying their own mortgage to be more important to them than whether or not we are holding children in cages does not make them a monster
No, that's exactly what it makes them. A fucking monster.
Old 07-15-2019, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDibble View Post
No, that's exactly what it makes them. A fucking monster.

A motherfucking monster.
Old 07-15-2019, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biffster View Post
A motherfucking monster.
A motherfucking monster in the motherfucking whitehouse.
Old 07-15-2019, 01:57 PM

Any bets on when the President will drop the "N word" or call the Congresswomen "bitches"?
Old 07-15-2019, 02:02 PM
Charter Member

Hell, Manson, I was wondering if it would be against board rules to set up a thread game betting on which politician gets shot first. At least voting in this one won't get me banned...

I'm going to go with by the end of the year for #1, June 2020 for #2.

Last edited by JohnT; 07-15-2019 at 02:03 PM.
Old 07-15-2019, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson1972 View Post
Any bets on when the President will drop the "N word" or call the Congresswomen "bitches"?
Over/Under? 6 months.

Fox News will LOVE this witticism. "Very funny! Ha ha, look at how our illustrious president has triggered those Libtards" they will say.
Old 07-15-2019, 02:07 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Shrug, he's been stewing about getting zinged once in a WH Correspondent's diner since 2011. I suspect the reason he's not mad at Marvel Comics for a joke about him they printed in 1992 is simply that he never saw it.
He's been known to stew even longer than that:

Quote:
Like so many bullies, Trump has skin of gossamer. He thinks nothing of saying the most hurtful thing about someone else, but when he hears a whisper that runs counter to his own vainglorious self-image, he coils like a caged ferret. Just to drive him a little bit crazy, I took to referring to him as a "short-fingered vulgarian" in the pages of Spy magazine. That was more than a quarter of a century* ago. To this day, I receive the occasional envelope from Trump. There is always a photo of him -- generally a tear sheet from a magazine. On all of them he has circled his hand in gold Sharpie in a valiant effort to highlight the length of his fingers....
*As of 2015; it's now "more than three decades ago":

Quote:
In 1988, Spy magazine described Donald Trump as "a short-fingered vulgarian."

Last edited by Steve MB; 07-15-2019 at 02:08 PM.
Old 07-15-2019, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Fox News will LOVE this witticism. "Very funny! Ha ha, look at how our illustrious president has triggered those Libtards" they will say.
"Black people say it all the time! Why can't the President? That's racist!"
Old 07-15-2019, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherrerd View Post
People talking about how Trump is a racist: big win for Trump! Pleases his base!

People talking about how Trump has been really close to a guy who uses minors for sex? Close enough to hold a party at Mar-a-Lago for just him, Epstein and 28 girls? Maybe not so good for Trump.

...but, yeah: no one's talking about the second one, today.

Big win for Trump!!!!!

The party: https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-...-claims?bcmt=1
I don't think it will be forgotten that he pals around with pedophiles. I won't be that surprised if he is revealed to be one himself. (Also, ewwwww x 1000)

But hey, if this is the current GOP idea of a win, they can have it. I bet I am not the only one who is only triggered by all this to point and laugh at the clowns.
Old 07-15-2019, 02:53 PM

ETA: I am realizing that the GOP is a party not of clowns, but minstrels.
Old 07-15-2019, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Nah, he saw it, but the dialog boxes were above his reading level.
Old 07-15-2019, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Frankly, I expected it to happen during the 2016 campaign (the "N" word). I was shocked that it didn't. Of course, now it makes me wonder if it would have had any measurable impact.
Old 07-15-2019, 08:23 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Quote:
"Black people say it all the time! Why can't the President? That's racist!"
Well, Trump has already said today that the people calling out his outrageous racism are the REAL racists.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump...b08938b09907a7
Old 07-15-2019, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve MB View Post
He's been known to stew even longer than that:

Quote:
Like so many bullies, Trump has skin of gossamer. He thinks nothing of saying the most hurtful thing about someone else, but when he hears a whisper that runs counter to his own vainglorious self-image, he coils like a caged ferret. Just to drive him a little bit crazy, I took to referring to him as a "short-fingered vulgarian" in the pages of Spy magazine. That was more than a quarter of a century* ago. To this day, I receive the occasional envelope from Trump. There is always a photo of him -- generally a tear sheet from a magazine. On all of them he has circled his hand in gold Sharpie in a valiant effort to highlight the length of his fingers....
*As of 2015; it's now "more than three decades ago":
For a while I'd thought about making a thread called "When Did You First Realize Donald Trump is Mentally Ill?" And that 2015 Vanity Fair excerpt was my own answer to the question.

Before that I'd been vaguely aware of Trump as an unpleasant celebrity in whom I had no interest.

But the anecdote about Trump continuing to send photos with circled hands (to the guy who'd coined the "short-fingered vulgarian" description) was a real shock. I realized at that moment that this wasn't merely a case of Trump being an annoying TV personality----I realized that there was something profoundly wrong with his brain.

Quote:
I don't think it will be forgotten that he pals around with pedophiles. I won't be that surprised if he is revealed to be one himself. (Also, ewwwww x 1000). ...
Agreed.