Old 09-14-2019, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobot View Post
Vicente Fox: "...which is not working."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kF6jT_Sja4
That does it: Fox in 2020!

The Dems need to shove their lame candidates aside and put him at the head of the ticket. He knows how to talk to Donnie.

Warren can be VP, 'cause she's the smartest policy wonk we got.

Yeah, it's a fantasy (VF wasn't born in the USA), but can't you picture thump's head EXPLODING at the prospect? Sweet!

Last edited by ThelmaLou; 09-14-2019 at 09:55 PM.
Old 09-15-2019, 02:44 AM
Straight Dope Science Advisory Board

Ah, good ol' Garry Trudea, telling it like Twitler would in the future.
Old 09-15-2019, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty View Post
Sweet!
Old 09-16-2019, 07:00 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Trumpus
The Fake News is saying that I am willing to meet with Iran, “No Conditions.” That is an incorrect statement (as usual!).
Well, the man is getting up there in years, and perhaps just doesn't remember what he said earlier....
Old 09-16-2019, 10:02 AM
Charter Member

Naw. It's just harder to stuff stories down the memory hole now that the internet is in place.
Old 09-16-2019, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve MB View Post
Well, the man is getting up there in years, and perhaps just doesn't remember what he said earlier....
If Trump misremembers, he rewrites history with sharpies. He will never acknowledge a mistake, because that makes him a loser.
Old 09-16-2019, 11:38 AM
Charter Member

This should be the only response when he starts doubling down on anything & everything he's wrong about.

Loser! Move on!
Old 09-18-2019, 03:01 PM

Some random right winger tweeted a video of Ilhan Omar dancing and claimed that she was celebrating on 9/11. Individual 1 retweeted it, saying Omar, a member of "AOC + 3" is "the face of the Democrat Party". Omar responded that the dancing took place on 9/13 at a Congressional Black Caucus event. The original person took the tweet down, but Individual 1's retweet is still there.
Old 09-18-2019, 03:09 PM
Charter Member

Must've been one those thousands of people cheering his pulling victims out of the rubble.
Old 09-19-2019, 11:40 AM
Charter Member

Ruh-roh -- looks like somebody's worried about that whistleblower story:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Putin's Man in the White House
Another Fake News story out there - It never ends! Virtually anytime I speak on the phone to a foreign leader, I understand that there may be many people listening from various U.S. agencies, not to mention those from the other country itself. No problem!

....Knowing all of this, is anybody dumb enough to believe that I would say something inappropriate with a foreign leader while on such a potentially "heavily populated" call. I would only do what is right anyway, and only do good for the USA!

Presidential Harassment!
Old 09-19-2019, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Ruh-roh -- looks like somebody's worried about that whistleblower story:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Putin's Man in the White House
....Knowing all of this, is anybody dumb enough to believe that I would say something inappropriate with a foreign leader while on such a potentially "heavily populated" call. I would only do what is right anyway, and only do good for the USA!
Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Oh, wait. He's serious?

Last edited by aurora maire; 09-19-2019 at 11:57 AM.
Old 09-19-2019, 11:59 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywatcher View Post
Huh. I suppose it comes as a surprise to no one that he doesn't know what "groveling" means.
Old 09-19-2019, 12:19 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aurora maire View Post
Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Oh, wait. He's serious?
He's dumb enough to not know that the question is whether he's dumb enough to incriminate himself on a monitored line. Note that we're talking about someone who just within the past day started yammering about secret security features of Teh Wall[tm] while one of his generals was all but elbowing him to zip it.
Old 09-19-2019, 12:49 PM

Quote:
He's dumb enough to not know that the question is whether he's dumb enough to incriminate himself on a monitored line. Note that we're talking about someone who just within the past day started yammering about secret security features of Teh Wall[tm] while one of his generals was all but elbowing him to zip it.
Is this the same Former President* who tweeted classified pictures to ... um... the whole world?
Old 09-19-2019, 02:23 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThelmaLou View Post
Is this the same Former President* who tweeted classified pictures to ... um... the whole world?
I certainly hope so; the alternative is to accept that there are two of them....
Old 09-19-2019, 03:47 PM

Quote:
I certainly hope so; the alternative is to accept that there are two of them....
Old 09-19-2019, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Well, there's that other clown in London...
Old 09-24-2019, 05:45 PM
Charter Member

Donnie has a ranty tanty:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddler-in-Chief
Such an important day at the United Nations, so much work and so much success, and the Democrats purposely had to ruin and demean it with more breaking news Witch Hunt garbage. So bad for our Country!

Pelosi, Nadler, Schiff and, of course, Maxine Waters! Can you believe this?

They never even saw the transcript of the call. A total Witch Hunt!

PRESIDENTIAL HARASSMENT!
Old 09-24-2019, 05:53 PM

I’ve been following the news all day and haven’t heard Maxine Waters’ name once. Trump must get an alert whenever nasty female minorities say anything.
Old 09-24-2019, 06:04 PM

Trump trolls Thunberg.

"She seems like a very happy young girl looking forward to a bright and wonderful future. So nice to see!" Trump posted on Twitter, replying to a video of Thunberg's speech at the United Nations climate action summit earlier in the day. My bolding.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/24/polit...rnd/index.html
Old 09-24-2019, 06:32 PM
Charter Member

Yeah, that certainly is the biggest news happening right now.
Old 09-24-2019, 06:41 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAZombie View Post
Trump trolls Thunberg.

"She seems like a very happy young girl looking forward to a bright and wonderful future. So nice to see!" Trump posted on Twitter, replying to a video of Thunberg's speech at the United Nations climate action summit earlier in the day. My bolding.

and she trolls him right back by changing her Twitter bio to:

"A very happy young girl looking forward to a bright and wonderful future."
Old 09-24-2019, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Trump trolls Thunberg.

Ha, classic Trump! Being totally inappropriate with teenage girls!
Old 09-24-2019, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Trump trolls Thunberg.

Ha ha ha! If that's trolling her, and you're here simply to celebrate it and drool out of your mouth, is there a word for that?
Old 09-24-2019, 07:00 PM

YA!!! Trump insults 15 year old girl via twitter!!!

USA!! USA!! USA!!!
Old 09-24-2019, 08:35 PM

That clip with her dead stare at him when he walked in the room was priceless. Talk about lightning bolts from the eyes.

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...n-summit-video
Old 09-24-2019, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Trump trolls Thunberg.

Trump (ineffectively) insults a 16-year-old girl at the United Nations. Ladies and gentlemen, the former President of the United States.*

*A tip o' the hat to ThelmaLou

Last edited by El_Kabong; 09-24-2019 at 10:22 PM.
Old 09-24-2019, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Kabong View Post
Trump (ineffectively) insults a 16-year-old girl at the United Nations. Ladies and gentlemen, the former President of the United States.*

*A tip o' the hat to ThelmaLou
Was it supposed to be an insult?
Or is it simply another example of just how clueless he is?

In what world is insulting a 16 year old with that sort of snark a good idea?
A personal attack on a 16 year old? Not even Trump can think that's a good idea - can he?
Old 09-24-2019, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengangmo View Post

A personal attack on a 16 year old? Not even Trump can think that's a good idea - can he?
Of course he can.
Old 09-24-2019, 11:29 PM

Quote:

Oh sure. He can certainly think that.
And to be sure, his base eats it up.

"herp derp, it pisses off the Libtards! haw haw!"
Old 09-25-2019, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Trump trolls Thunberg.
Because of course that's exactly what the Chief Executive of the most powerful nation on earth ought to be doing in response to an internationally renowned young activist invited to speak at the UN on a potentially catastrophic global environmental crisis: trolling them.

Compare Trump's drooling hyuck-hyuckery to, for example, the intelligent graciousness of President Obama when engaging with outspoken critics of his actions on a controversial issue, such as the post-Ferguson turmoil over issues of law enforcement and race:
Quote:
“I would ask you to consider being careful when there is an incident of not being too quick to condemn the police without due process and until the facts are known,” [Texas Lt. Gov.] Patrick said. [...]

Obama responded, “I have been unequivocal in condemning any rhetoric directed at police officers.”

He challenged Patrick to find “any message that did not include a very strong support for law enforcement in all my utterances dating back to Ferguson, because I rely on law enforcement to protect me and my family.” [...]

Obama has been careful to express appreciation for police even when he’s responding to instances of police violence. He offered stirring tributes to each of the five slain officers in Dallas [...]

But police have bristled at what they hear as Obama’s equivocation. In reaction to the Minnesota and Louisiana shootings from last week, for example, Obama said he had “respect for the vast majority of police officers who put their lives on the line to protect us every single day.”

But Obama preceded that statement of support by saying that Americans, “should be troubled by these shootings, because these are not isolated incidents,” and he followed it by citing statistics about racial disparities in the criminal justice system.
Remember what it was like to have a President who discussed important complex issues with his detractors, even passionately critical ones, in a thoughtful and respectful way, instead of merely trying to "troll" them with stupid jibes?

I had and have plenty of specific disagreements with Obama's policies, but there's no denying that in the matter of statesmanlike gravitas and intelligence, Trump is making Obama look by contrast like Washington, Adams, Jefferson, Lincoln, and FDR all rolled into one.
Old 09-25-2019, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimstu View Post
Remember what it was like to have a President who discussed important complex issues with his detractors, even passionately critical ones, in a thoughtful and respectful way, instead of merely trying to "troll" them with stupid jibes?

I had and have plenty of specific disagreements with Obama's policies, but there's no denying that in the matter of statesmanlike gravitas and intelligence, Trump is making Obama look by contrast like Washington, Adams, Jefferson, Lincoln, and FDR all rolled into one.
Obama was a class act. Former President Trump* is a low-class act. Actually, he's lower than low-class.
Old 09-25-2019, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThelmaLou View Post
Obama was a class act. Former President Trump* is a low-class act. Actually, he's lower than low-class.
I think you mean't "no class".

Last edited by simster; 09-25-2019 at 08:58 AM.
Old 09-25-2019, 09:10 AM

DEFINITELY "no class".
Old 09-25-2019, 09:24 AM

He's mostly class. He just lacks the C and the L.
Old 09-25-2019, 09:30 AM
Arms of Steel, Leg of Jello
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowboarder Bo View Post
DEFINITELY "no class".
How is that "no class"? It's all color coordinated in various shades of gold.

Including the digger.
Old 09-25-2019, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobLibDem View Post
He's mostly class. He just lacks the C and the L.
Yuge clASS! The yugist! Everyone is saying.
Old 09-25-2019, 09:31 AM

Quote:

Of course he does, and his psychofants lap it up as if that shit was ice cream. Facebook item this morning reposted by a Trumpite I know: a picture of AOC labeled "Bartender", and one of Thunberg labeled "High School Sophomore", with the caption "The Left's Climate Change Experts".

Idiots, I'm surrounded by idiots.

Last edited by El_Kabong; 09-25-2019 at 09:35 AM.
Old 09-25-2019, 09:44 AM

Just post a pic of Trump with the label "Baby".

Last edited by Snowboarder Bo; 09-25-2019 at 09:44 AM.
Old 09-25-2019, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowboarder Bo View Post
Just post a pic of Trump with the label "Baby".
Better than a label.
Old 09-25-2019, 10:21 AM
Charter Member

The delusion is strong with this one:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeanus Deploribus
There has been no President in the history of our Country who has been treated so badly as I have. The Democrats are frozen with hatred and fear. They get nothing done. This should never be allowed to happen to another President. Witch Hunt!

Will the Democrats apologize after seeing what was said on the call with the Ukrainian President? They should, a perfect call - got them by surprise!

Last edited by Steve MB; 09-25-2019 at 10:22 AM.
Old 09-25-2019, 10:29 AM

Now Trump is saying that Democrats are pursuing impeachment because they are "frozen with hatred and fear."

I have seen similar accusations before- the Dems are united in hatred for Trump! I'd like to submit a little analysis for your consideration.

When righties gripe about the opposition, it is usually empty bullshit presented without evidence. "Climate change is a hoax!' Orly? Why is that? Don't ask, I said so and that is the talking point. It is just demagoguery, propaganda, pandering, deflection, distraction.

When everybody else has a gripe, it is For A Reason. I don't think the Dems are motivated by hatred- we are going to see several dozen articles of impeachment, each one carefully documented. That isn't hate, that is a CASE. The reams of peer reviewed scientific articles describing climate change? That isn't an emotional excess of hysteria or misplaced anxiety, that is a CASE.

Am I making any sense here?
Old 09-25-2019, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Try2B Comprehensive View Post

Am I making any sense here?
Nah. You're just a hater.

(D&R)
Old 09-25-2019, 12:14 PM

Quote:
There has been no President in the history of our Country who has been treated so badly as I have.
Respond Kennedy and Lincoln: "Our minds are blown."
Old 09-25-2019, 12:21 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren Garrison View Post
Too soon.
Old 09-25-2019, 01:11 PM

Quote:
I stole this.
Old 09-25-2019, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Garfield I think suffered a whole lot more than Abe or JFK.

Gee, Donald. You're such a martyr. Nobody has ever suffered as much as you. Jesus on the cross had a walk in the park compared to you. If only it was universally recognized that you are every bit as infallible and perfect in every way as what the Kim dynasty is in North Korea.
Old 09-25-2019, 02:53 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

It’s true. Abe and JFK got to appear on Clone High. Garfield never made the cut.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clone_High
Old 09-25-2019, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukulele Ike View Post
It’s true. Abe and JFK got to appear on Clone High. Garfield never made the cut.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clone_High
Abe appeared on Star Trek and also had a most excellent adventure

Last edited by simster; 09-25-2019 at 03:41 PM.
Old 09-25-2019, 03:52 PM
Charter Member

It still doesn't beat the time where he said "This is the worst witch hunt in the history of America!" The Salem colonists would beg to differ.