Old 02-06-2014, 11:37 PM

Download my Mafia thriller, FIGHT, for Kindle!

I recently published my first novel, FIGHT, in Amazon's Kindle Store, and I want to give my fellow Dopers a chance to check it out. Here's a blurb:

Quote:
Brace yourself for a fight! Boston's District Attorney, Bruce Hudson, must prosecute the Mafia to keep the city safe, but the Mafia doesn’t play fair. When Bruce puts the Adelaide family on trial, the boy that he's trying to adopt goes missing, and all that's left in his place is a cryptic message. Welcome to Boston’s underworld, home of organized crime! Mafia Kingpin Victor Adelaide has built a deadly empire out of drugs, prostitution, and killing, and his son, Gabe, will inherit the family business… and Bruce finds out the hard way that this father and son are a force to be reckoned with. After a jury mysteriously votes not to convict, Bruce learns that the Adelaides have other plans than just winning in court, and the child that he cares about is now in danger. Can Bruce protect an orphan from the Mafia's plans? Hold on to your Kindle with both hands, as this suspenseful story explores life in the underworld for one of Boston’s most vulnerable citizens.
FIGHT has been called "gripping," and "wonderful!" Rob M. Slaven, an Amazon Top 1,000 Reviewer, says that FIGHT is one of the best crime dramas that he's ever read. FIGHT has been featured on several blogs, and will soon be featured on The Fussy Librarian. (The Fussy Librarian demands that all books promoted on its site have a minimum of 10 reviews with a 4/5 star average. My novel features 11 reviews on Amazon, with 10 5-star reviews, and 1 4-star review).

In short, if you're into emotional crime drama with plenty of suspense, don't miss out on FIGHT! Click on the links and preview the first chapter.

Last edited by Dostoyevsky; 02-06-2014 at 11:37 PM.
Old 02-07-2014, 10:00 PM

Congratulations on writing and getting a book published. I know you probably put your heart and soul into it. Good job and good luck!
Old 02-07-2014, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatlined View Post
Congratulations on writing and getting a book published. I know you probably put your heart and soul into it. Good job and good luck!
Thanks for the encouragment! As a new author, I appreciate it.
Old 02-07-2014, 11:18 PM

Congrats! Downloaded today!
Old 02-07-2014, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby View Post
Congrats! Downloaded today!
Hey, thanks for taking a chance on a first-time author! I hope you enjoy FIGHT.
Old 02-08-2014, 06:31 PM

3 bucks to help a fellow Doper? Done deal!

Its not really my favorite genre, but the writing is good.

Good luck to you!
Old 02-08-2014, 10:33 PM

Quote:
3 bucks to help a fellow Doper? Done deal!

Its not really my favorite genre, but the writing is good.

Good luck to you!
I'm probably sounding repetitive by thanking everyone who supports me, but to a starving artist (and a college student!) $3 is a whole fucking $3!!! (In case you're curious, Amazon gets $0.95 and I get $2.04) If the stick of deodorant that I buy with your money gets me laid, then I'll forever be indebted to you. XD

So thanks!
Old 02-08-2014, 10:51 PM

Just picked up another positive review! Roger F. Shepherd, an Amazon customer who has written over 70 product reviews, says:

Quote:
The author has moved the story line along at a fast pace. [SNIP]

There are enough twists, turns, and surprises to keep a high level of interest. We think we know how things will turn out, but events unravel the assumed direction causing us to reboot to keep up with changing developments. I like that. It's challenging.[SNIP]

I enjoyed the story.[SNIP]
If you enjoy crime dramas, thrillers, and mysteries, then I have just what you're looking for! Preview the first chapter of FIGHT for free at Amazon!

Last edited by Dostoyevsky; 02-08-2014 at 10:54 PM.
Old 02-08-2014, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dostoyevsky View Post
I'm probably sounding repetitive by thanking everyone who supports me, but to a starving artist (and a college student!) $3 is a whole fucking $3!!! (In case you're curious, Amazon gets $0.95 and I get $2.04) If the stick of deodorant that I buy with your money gets me laid, then I'll forever be indebted to you. XD

So thanks!
I'm so cracking up now. My husband just bought a copy and hopes that his 2 bucks will get you laid.

Lest anyone think I was damning the book by faint praise...the writing is great. The story line is interesting.

Its just not my favorite genre. There aren't any aliens dropping bombs and there aren't any dragons or telepathic cats. There wasn't a single Lovecraft reference.

Fight is a good read and well worth the money.

Someday you will be on a book tour to promote your latest book and I will stand in line for hours to ask you to sign my Kindle.
Old 02-09-2014, 12:16 AM

Quote:
I'm so cracking up now. My husband just bought a copy and hopes that his 2 bucks will get you laid.
Please send him my thanks.