Old 10-23-2019, 06:14 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzeiger View Post
It's funny, but when I think of Pat Benatar, my gut reaction is a "pioneer," but when I stop to think about it, I have a hard time coming up with anything specific. Pioneer in that genre of rock that's harder than Bonnie Tyler and softer than Joan Jett?
Suzi Quattro was rocking out long before any of the other women we are talking about. She had her first rock hit in 1973. She has been named as a major influence by Joan Jett, Chrissie Hynde, and KT Tunstall among many others.

Trivia bit: She also played the character Leather Tuscadero on Happy Days.

She's in the Michigan Legends Rock Hall of Fame, but not in the one we're talking about. She should be in there before Benatar.

Last edited by Sam Stone; 10-23-2019 at 06:14 PM.
Old 11-04-2019, 10:30 AM
Charter Jays Fan

Sorry to bump this but I have to change my mind about something; clearly the biggest snub to date is Supertramp. I'm blown away they aren't in.

Bon Jovi is, though. I mean, I cannot make sense of that.
Old 11-04-2019, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickJay View Post
Sorry to bump this but I have to change my mind about something; clearly the biggest snub to date is Supertramp. I'm blown away they aren't in.

Which one racked up more Top Ten hits in general, and more #1 hits in particular? Which one sold more albums, while having more albums go multiplatinum?

(Still a Hall of “Fame”, right?)
Old 11-04-2019, 07:17 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickJay View Post

I'm with you. But we are Canadian, and Supertramp was much bigger in Canada and the UK than it was in the US So we are probably biased.

Bon Jovi seems to me a performer that gained a certain amount of respect in the recent past that he didn't have when he was at his peak. I always thought of Bon Jovi as sort of the second string of the stadium rock hair bands, and not to be taken quite seriously.

The band has grown on me, however. Maybe I'm a cowboy, and a steel horse is my ride.