Old 04-16-2019, 03:10 PM
The Central Scrutinizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balthisar View Post
I'd completely forgotten about this, so thanks for resurrecting it. In the meantime, I did sign up for Lowes, but I'm finding information on Home Depot hit or miss. Lowes actually publishes their policy online, and I get my discount even if I order online. Home Depot, from what I can tell, is store specific, so I've not tried whipping out my veterans' license there yet.

Do you have veteran status on your license, or do you have to use your ID card at your Home Depot?
Just spend more than 20 years in the Army and get a retired ID card. No problems at Home Depot. You’re welcome.
Old 04-16-2019, 06:35 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loach View Post
Just spend more than 20 years in the Army and get a retired ID card. No problems at Home Depot. You’re welcome.
Too late. They won't take me back at my age. Got out in the booming economy, where E-4 pay was undervalued, and private industry took damned good care of me. (That's not a criticism of the military; I served it well, and it served me well, too.)
Old 11-07-2019, 09:35 AM

For a short time Amazon Prime is giving Vets $40 off the 1 year renewal of Prime. Following this link should get you there: https://www.va.gov/opa/amazon.asp Also $40 off new memberships.

I noticed Kohls is giving 30% off to Vets on Veteran's Day (November 11th)
Some other discounts list by the VA here: https://www.blogs.va.gov/VAntage/675...iscounts-2019/
Old 11-07-2019, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by What Exit? View Post
For a short time Amazon Prime is giving Vets $40 off the 1 year renewal of Prime. Following this link should get you there: https://www.va.gov/opa/amazon.asp Also $40 off new memberships
This is a good deal, since it can be used for renewals.

Quote:
I noticed Kohls is giving 30% off to Vets on Veteran's Day (November 11th)
Some other discounts list by the VA here: https://www.blogs.va.gov/VAntage/675...iscounts-2019/
If Kohls offered 100% off to Vets, I still wouldn't shop there.
Old 11-07-2019, 09:58 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson1972 View Post
This is a good deal, since it can be used for renewals.
That's not what it says on that link:
Quote:
This is a one-time discount and the membership fee will return to standard pricing upon next annual renewal.
ETA: Unless you meant it can be used for a one time renewal for current Prime members.

Last edited by x-ray vision; 11-07-2019 at 10:00 AM.
Old 11-07-2019, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-ray vision View Post
ETA: Unless you meant it can be used for a one time renewal for current Prime members.
Yes, this. When I first heard of it, I thought I missed out since I already have a Prime Account. But then read it can be used for a one-time renewal, so that makes it even better.
Old 11-07-2019, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson1972 View Post
Yes, this. When I first heard of it, I thought I missed out since I already have a Prime Account. But then read it can be used for a one-time renewal, so that makes it even better.
I just did this, it was easy and just extended my current prime membership by one year at the discounted price. Need to know your discharge date for verification.
Old 11-07-2019, 06:14 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by What Exit? View Post
For a short time Amazon Prime is giving Vets $40 off the 1 year renewal of Prime. Following this link should get you there: https://www.va.gov/opa/amazon.asp Also $40 off new memberships.
Yup. Now I'm good until September 2021.

Also, it's getting REALLY easy to verify oneself as a veteran. It used to be damned hard and require a lot of documentation. Now? My name, birthday, and ETS month/year. Nice!