Old 11-07-2019, 08:05 AM

The rapper TI: apparently a scumbag - (Hymen checking)

I would have thought such a practice was apocryphal but apparently not. I was surprised to read that this was even a thing but even more surprised to read of a father admitting to it.

I hope it is a hoax but I fear it isn't. I have a 14 year-old daughter and I can't imagine putting her through such an experience. This appears to have no medical benefit other than placating the presumably torrid mental state of TI. If this is the sort of thing you feel you need to subject your daughter to then you have already failed as a parent.

Bloody hell, what will he do when the test comes back negative? (at the age of 18 surely the daughter has every right to refuse that her medical details are shared.....wonder if she feels she can do that?)

This is one of those clear-cut occasions where there is no defense against a charge of sexism and misogyny. Makes my skin crawl.

Last edited by Novelty Bobble; 11-07-2019 at 08:06 AM.
Old 11-07-2019, 08:19 AM

"Major celebrity." Not to me, I've never heard of him. I'm sorry this is the way I've found out. His daughter just turned 18. He's been subjecting her to this for years. I hope someone clues her in that she has a right to refuse this. At 18, her sexual activity is none of his business.
Old 11-07-2019, 09:07 AM

I was going to say I have no idea who TI is, then I saw he was in the Ant Man films and now I know who he is.

I have two daughters and I can’t imagine doing anything like that to them. Girls have enough body issues in society when you do all you can to be supportive and loving, let alone when you pull this crap.
Old 11-07-2019, 09:26 AM
Charter Member

His daughter’s last name appears to be Harris.

Why the hell isn’t it I? Didn’t he even bother to marry her mother?
Old 11-07-2019, 09:32 AM

So, on top of it all, he's a fucking idiot, since hymens are likely to break on their own anyhow. So it's not a reliable "virginity test" to begin with.
Old 11-07-2019, 09:39 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novelty Bobble View Post
This is one of those clear-cut occasions where there is no defense against a charge of sexism and misogyny. Makes my skin crawl.
Sexism? Misogyny? GTFO.

Quote:
In October 2015, T.I. received backlash when he was speaking on 2016 presidential candidate Hillary Clinton: "Not to be sexist but, I can’t vote for the leader of the free world to be a woman. Just because, every other position that exists, I think a woman could do well. But the president? It’s kinda like, I just know that women make rash decisions emotionally – they make very permanent, cemented decisions – and then later, it’s kind of like it didn’t happen, or they didn’t mean for it to happen. And I sure would hate to just set off a nuke. [Other leaders] will not be able to negotiate the right kinds of foreign policy; the world ain’t ready yet. I think you might be able to [get] the Loch Ness Monster elected before you could [get a woman]."[212][213] Following the reaction from social media, T.I. publicly apologized on Twitter.[214][215]
(source.)

One will note that there is no mention of him disavowing the substance of the remarks.

Last edited by kaylasdad99; 11-07-2019 at 09:41 AM.
Old 11-07-2019, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyk View Post
So, on top of it all, he's a fucking idiot, since hymens are likely to break on their own anyhow. So it's not a reliable "virginity test" to begin with.
You underestimate his fucking idiotness. He was told that horseback riding, and bicycle riding are but 2 ways to accomplish that. He said that she doesn't ride horses or bikes. He even claimed to accompany her in the exam room.
ETS: Not to mention that she now has this crazy spotlight on her.

Last edited by bobot; 11-07-2019 at 09:56 AM.
Old 11-07-2019, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylasdad99 View Post
Sexism? Misogyny? GTFO..
Ah!, I wasn't aware of him before but from your quote he seems very much to have "form" on this.

One thing that struck me from your quote was....

Quote:
I just know that women make rash decisions emotionally Ė they make very permanent, cemented decisions Ė and then later, itís kind of like it didnít happen, or they didnít mean for it to happen.
Now is it just me or is that hinting at something a little more troubling? Certainly when taken with his apparent fear of a sexually active daughter. I can't quite work my way around the logical connection between those two facts but there is something niggling at the back of my mind.

Perhaps I'm overthinking it and "sexist scum" is all the explanation required.
Old 11-07-2019, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atamasama View Post
I was going to say I have no idea who TI is, then I saw he was in the Ant Man films and now I know who he is.
I never saw Ant Man, so I'm still blissfully in the dark about yet another "major star" douchebag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atamasama View Post
I have two daughters and I canít imagine doing anything like that to them. Girls have enough body issues in society when you do all you can to be supportive and loving, let alone when you pull this crap.
Right? I have two daughters as well. They both had IUDs when they were 15 (their request). I mean, they're strong willed women now so it's not like I'd get a good price for them anyway. A few pizzas for one of them, as it turns out.
Old 11-07-2019, 10:57 AM

5 myths about Virginity BUSTED

Quote:
In reality, many women do not experience tearing or bleeding of the hymen the first time they have sex. That’s because the hymen is stretchy, like the scrunchie
Quote:
Another common myth is that a health care professional can tell whether or not a woman has ever had intercourse by examining her hymen. In fact, after puberty, in the absence of injuries that might rarely occur from rape, a doctor CANNOT TELL! The hymen is very stretchy and, for the vast majority of women, is open like a donut. Think again of the scrunchie.
TI is a moron.

-God
Old 11-07-2019, 11:16 AM

When I heard this story, I vomitted in my mouth. This is absolutely appalling. I can't imagine my parents treating me this way or ever treating my daughter this way. Not to mention that the hymen doesn't work that way. It's not some freshness seal that needs to be broken. In fact, it doesn't always break.

I just, yeeeckkkk
Old 11-07-2019, 11:18 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylasdad99 View Post
His daughterís last name appears to be Harris.

Why the hell isnít it I? Didnít he even bother to marry her mother?
I doubt you're serious but just to clear it up, T.I. is a stage name. The rapper's real name is Clifford Harris.

Harris has six children. Three of his children are with his wife, Tameka Cottle Harris. Harris also has two sons from a previous relationship with Lashon Dixon and a daughter from a previous relationship with Violeta Morgan, a singer who uses the stage name Ms. Niko. (Cottle and Morgan also have children from other relationships.)

The eighteen year old being discussed here is Deyjah Imani Harris, the daughter of Harris and Morgan.
Old 11-07-2019, 11:18 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typo Negative View Post
So the doctor's just taking his money and telling him what he wants to hear. Good for the doctor, I guess.
Old 11-07-2019, 11:25 AM

A moron and a vile individual. Count me as another with a teenage daughter who would never put her through that.

(And so help me I'm finding the idea of a scrunchie in your hooha totally hilarious.)
Old 11-07-2019, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dung Beetle View Post
So the doctor's just taking his money and telling him what he wants to hear. Good for the doctor, I guess.
I've been wondering about that. If you're a doctor approached by such a lunatic, you can get all righteous and send him away, but knowing he'll keep shopping until he finds a compliant doctor. Or you can take the case, forego the exam and maybe have some realtalk or low level counseling with the girl instead (teens can always use that). And do it for free because, hey, always willing to help a good and moral father do the right thing by his naturally wayward daughter. "Yessiree, sealed up tight as a new jar of peanut butter. NEXT!"
Old 11-07-2019, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inigo Montoya View Post
I've been wondering about that. If you're a doctor approached by such a lunatic, you can get all righteous and send him away, but knowing he'll keep shopping until he finds a compliant doctor. Or you can take the case, forego the exam and maybe have some realtalk or low level counseling with the girl instead (teens can always use that). And do it for free because, hey, always willing to help a good and moral father do the right thing by his naturally wayward daughter. "Yessiree, sealed up tight as a new jar of peanut butter. NEXT!"
I was wondering that as well.

At what point is the doctor required to tell the truth to the father rather than deferring completely to the patient, particularly an adult patient. Would the doctor get into any trouble for telling the truth to the patient and lying to the father? Surely telling the father an uncomfortable truth that the adult patient wants to keep secret would be an major issue.......isn't it? God I hope so.
Old 11-07-2019, 11:55 AM
Charter Member

Any father keeping tabs on his 18 year old child's sex life is a pervert.
Old 11-07-2019, 11:59 AM

Quote:

At what point is the doctor required to tell the truth to the father rather than deferring completely to the patient, particularly an adult patient. Would the doctor get into any trouble for telling the truth to the patient and lying to the father? Surely telling the father an uncomfortable truth that the adult patient wants to keep secret would be an major issue.......isn't it? God I hope so.
Yeah, the doctor should tell the daughter the truth and tell the father if he wants to find out his daughter can tell him. Or not. Her business, her choice.
Old 11-07-2019, 12:00 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie-Xmas
Any father keeping tabs on his 18 year old child's sex life is a pervert.
A projecting pervert at that.

Last edited by DesertDog; 11-07-2019 at 12:03 PM. Reason: cochrane snuck in while I wasn't looking.
Old 11-07-2019, 12:02 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Quote:
If the doctor lies to the father about the exam and the father eventually finds out, he can sue the doctor for charging for procedures that never happened.
Old 11-07-2019, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Right? I have two daughters as well. They both had IUDs when they were 15 (their request). I mean, they're strong willed women now so it's not like I'd get a good price for them anyway. A few pizzas for one of them, as it turns out.
Wait? Someone gave you some pizzas in return for one of your daughters? Hmmm, considering that this is the 21st century and, TI notwithstanding, society is trying to be more equal between the sexes, do you think if a guy had say... two sons, he might be able to get in on this pizza deal? Did any crazy bread exchange hands? Asking for the friend of a friend.
Old 11-07-2019, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czarcasm View Post
If the doctor lies to the father about the exam and the father eventually finds out, he can sue the doctor for charging for procedures that never happened.
Quote:
...And do it for free because...
I'm a weasel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McQwark View Post
Wait? Someone gave you some pizzas in return for one of your daughters? Hmmm, considering that this is the 21st century and, TI notwithstanding, society is trying to be more equal between the sexes, do you think if a guy had say... two sons, he might be able to get in on this pizza deal? Did any crazy bread exchange hands? Asking for the friend of a friend.
They both worked at the same pizza place for a time. She's doing other stuff now, but he still comps my pies.
Old 11-07-2019, 01:33 PM

Quote:
he still comps my pies.
oooo....errrrr missus.

fnarrr, fnarrr.
Old 11-07-2019, 02:08 PM

Quote:
If heís actually going into the room for the exam though, that isnít an option.

This is all kinds of fucked up. What a tyrant.
Old 11-07-2019, 03:44 PM

l never heard of this jackass, and I hope I never do again. I have to wonder exactly what is his intimate relationship with his daughter. This kind of perversion is usually just the tip of the iceberg.

Some doctor should check his ass for anal warts. You know, those rappers get around.
Old 11-07-2019, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czarcasm View Post
Being male, I don't know exactly how these exams work, but I assume that the doctor doesn't need to do anything special to check for the hymen, since he is in the neighborhood already, so to speak.

He just needs to (potentially) lie about the results.
Old 11-07-2019, 06:01 PM

Sounds like malpractice to me, unethical, unneccessary and abusive behavior

Last edited by chela; 11-07-2019 at 06:03 PM.
Old 11-07-2019, 06:08 PM
Charter Member

When I was that age, I always insisted on seeing the girl's virginity certificate, which had to be current, before the first date.

I wonder why I rarely had second dates.

Or, for that matter, many first ones.
Old 11-07-2019, 06:16 PM
Embracing the Suck
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricoteuse View Post
A moron and a vile individual. Count me as another with a teenage daughter who would never put her through that.

(And so help me I'm finding the idea of a scrunchie in your hooha totally hilarious.)
<snicker> Nice to <snort> know that I <chortle> am not the <snicker snort> only one BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Quote:

If I were the doctor, as soon as she hit 18, I would refuse to let the father in to the exam, I would take a female nurse in as a chaperone but at that point, she is an adult and needs to be given her privacy.
Old 11-07-2019, 06:19 PM

Can you imagine the look on TI's face when he finds out his daughter was into anal all along?
Old 11-07-2019, 07:24 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slalexan View Post
When I heard this story, I vomitted in my mouth. This is absolutely appalling. I can't imagine my parents treating me this way or ever treating my daughter this way.
I know, right? I was talking with Michaela today, and suggested that she look up this item on Google. Then I told her that I was expecting to be nominated as Father of the Year.
Old 11-07-2019, 07:27 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricoteuse View Post

Word. I might have to watch "Heathers" again and see if my reaction changes based on that.
Old 11-07-2019, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folacin View Post
Being male, I don't know exactly how these exams work, but I assume that the doctor doesn't need to do anything special to check for the hymen, since he is in the neighborhood already, so to speak.

He just needs to (potentially) lie about the results.
why would the doctor have to lie?

could he not simply say...
"I see nothing indicative of daughter being sexually active"
or
"after an examination I there is no material difference between this hymen and one of a virgin?"

B
Old 11-07-2019, 08:20 PM
Charter Member

Well, this has ruined the Ant-Man movies for me. Maybe Disney can edit him out in future releases. This is why I avoid celebrity gossip. I find out too much just from ancillary sources. If I actually paid attention, the only show I'd ever be able to watch would be Mr. Roger's Neighborhood.

And I number among the vast, vast, vast majority of fathers who would never, ever dream of doing this to his daughter (who is now an adult).
Old 11-07-2019, 09:13 PM
Straight Dope Science Advisory Board

So, this twerp father thinks that dragging his daughter in for such a check once a year is beneficial? Hah! I guess he's never heard of hymen reconstruction surgery.

Last edited by Monty; 11-07-2019 at 09:13 PM.
Old 11-07-2019, 09:22 PM

But it's perfectly ok that his 15 year old son is sexually active.

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture...y-test-908990/
Old 11-07-2019, 10:07 PM

he used to be some big shot rapper with a reality tv show.....
Old 11-07-2019, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xizor View Post
Can you imagine the look on TI's face when he finds out his daughter was into anal all along?
Or some kind of non-penetrative lesbian sex?

That he would do this is creepy enough. That he would brag about it on a podcast is beyond warped.

Last edited by nearwildheaven; 11-07-2019 at 10:40 PM.
Old 11-07-2019, 10:54 PM
Experimental FOC Test Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Odds View Post
Well, this has ruined the Ant-Man movies for me. Maybe Disney can edit him out in future releases. This is why I avoid celebrity gossip. I find out too much just from ancillary sources. If I actually paid attention, the only show I'd ever be able to watch would be Mr. Roger's Neighborhood.

And I number among the vast, vast, vast majority of fathers who would never, ever dream of doing this to his daughter (who is now an adult).
Umm, sorry to be the one to tell you this...

Mr Rogers sex tape.
Old 11-07-2019, 11:11 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steatopygia View Post

Mr Rogers sex tape.
May 100 feral cats barf into all your shoes every night.

Last edited by D_Odds; 11-07-2019 at 11:12 PM.
Old 11-08-2019, 12:04 AM

I just listened to a gynecologist discussing this on You Tube, and she said that the purpose of the hymen is to protect the vagina from urine and feces until the child is potty-trained. Makes sense to me.

And she totally agreed that this is wrong on every level.
Old 11-08-2019, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aruvqan View Post
<snicker> Nice to <snort> know that I <chortle> am not the <snicker snort> only one BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

If I were the doctor, as soon as she hit 18, I would refuse to let the father in to the exam, I would take a female nurse in as a chaperone but at that point, she is an adult and needs to be given her privacy.
Are there accepted medical standards for when a parent can be/should be in the room with post-pubescent minors? Because I wouldn't want to be there with ANY of my teen/nearly-teen children unless they expressed an explicit desire for it (or at any rate, I'd be on the other side of the curtain). Once they're old enough to want their body-privacy, they deserve to have it
Old 11-08-2019, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspidistra View Post
Are there accepted medical standards for when a parent can be/should be in the room with post-pubescent minors? Because I wouldn't want to be there with ANY of my teen/nearly-teen children unless they expressed an explicit desire for it (or at any rate, I'd be on the other side of the curtain). Once they're old enough to want their body-privacy, they deserve to have it
I'm not sure that would be relevant here, though. If she does anything to assert her privacy, her dad will just assume that she must've had sex.

He does shit like this, I'm pretty sure he also abuses her in other ways. I can't imaging a father like this who doesn't beat his kids.
Old 11-08-2019, 12:48 AM

If the doctor, on the other hand, says "it's not generally our practise to have parents in the room with kids over 12 - is there any particular reason why you want to?" then that's on the doctor, rather than the daughter, right? And might make the dad think a bit (if he's capable of that )

I mean really - a grown-ass dude can't think of ANY reason why his daughter might not want him watching her gynae exam apart from "she had sex and is hiding it from me"? Hard to swallow that.
Old 11-08-2019, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steatopygia View Post

Mr Rogers sex tape.
Rick rolls are so two-thousand-and-late.
Old 11-08-2019, 05:33 AM
I was curious...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearwildheaven View Post
I just listened to a gynecologist discussing this on You Tube, and she said that the purpose of the hymen is to protect the vagina from urine and feces until the child is potty-trained. Makes sense to me.
Um, only if you are a creationist who also believes human babies have always worn diapers since the days of Cain and Abel?
Old 11-08-2019, 07:24 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Or some kind of non-penetrative lesbian sex?
Or plain ol' fellatio.
Old 11-08-2019, 08:41 AM

Quote:

And she totally agreed that this is wrong on every level.
ďIím not a gynecologist, but I play one on the Internet.Ē

There is no accepted physiological reason for the existence of the hymen. This gynecologist either has this as a pet theory or read it on Facebook or whatever.
Old 11-08-2019, 02:19 PM

The supposed "celebrity rapper whatever the fuck he thinks he is" is an overbearing controlling tyrannical pervert psycho piece of garbage.

She should get a lawyer and tell him to examine his OWN pussy and leave hers alone.