Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-08-2016, 05:08 PM
iiandyiiii's Avatar
iiandyiiii is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Arlington, VA
Posts: 35,911

The 2016 Election Schadenfreude thread


The 2012 version of this thread was pretty popular, so let's do it again! It's not over yet, so this will serve to bask in the sorrows of either candidate's supporters, whenever those sorrows begin. Assuming the election goes as expected, I assume that Freerepublic.com and reddit.com/r/The_Donald will be good places to start.

Please enjoy yourselves!
  #2  
Old 11-08-2016, 05:19 PM
HurricaneDitka is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 14,958
I was going to suggest http://www.democraticunderground.com/ but the site is down.
  #3  
Old 11-08-2016, 05:22 PM
Morgenstern is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southern California
Posts: 11,866
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDitka View Post
I was going to suggest http://www.democraticunderground.com/ but the site is down.
Fucking Trump.
  #4  
Old 11-08-2016, 05:30 PM
Bryan Ekers's Avatar
Bryan Ekers is online now
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Montreal, QC
Posts: 59,366
Trump will get a lot of fucking tonight, I expect.
  #5  
Old 11-08-2016, 05:37 PM
iiandyiiii's Avatar
iiandyiiii is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Arlington, VA
Posts: 35,911
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDitka View Post
I was going to suggest http://www.democraticunderground.com/ but the site is down.
I suggest dailykos.com for Democratic/liberal suffering, on the off chance the polls are wrong. Or just stay on the Dope!
  #6  
Old 11-08-2016, 05:37 PM
Snowboarder Bo's Avatar
Snowboarder Bo is online now
Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 27,553
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan Ekers View Post
Trump will get a lot of fucking tonight, I expect.
His lawyers certainly got fucked today here in Nevada. Cite.
  #7  
Old 11-08-2016, 05:43 PM
The Devil's Grandmother is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: California's SF bay area
Posts: 4,834
Thanks Bo, that was lovely. I certainly hope the Dem can hold onto the Latino vote. The Latino vote has changed California after Gov. Wilson was stupid in the 1990s.

@DonaldTrump, your lawyers got a spanked by a GIRL-Judge!
  #8  
Old 11-08-2016, 05:44 PM
running coach's Avatar
running coach is online now
Arms of Steel, Leg of Jello
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Riding my handcycle
Posts: 37,409
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowboarder Bo View Post
His lawyers certainly got fucked today here in Nevada. Cite.
Jason Miller(Trump Asshole) was on CNN claiming the lawsuit was to determine if records were being kept of the votes cast so that was a win.
  #9  
Old 11-08-2016, 06:03 PM
Morgenstern is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southern California
Posts: 11,866
Quote:
Originally Posted by running coach View Post
Jason Miller(Trump Asshole) was on CNN claiming the lawsuit was to determine if records were being kept of the votes cast so that was a win.
No, it was rigged. It's a rigged system I tell you, believe me, it's rigged. Everyone knows it's rigged, rigged by the lamestream media and Bill Clinton.
  #10  
Old 11-08-2016, 06:16 PM
JohnT's Avatar
JohnT is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 23,885
Quote:
Originally Posted by iiandyiiii View Post
The 2012 version of this thread was pretty popular, so let's do it again! It's not over yet, so this will serve to bask in the sorrows of either candidate's supporters, whenever those sorrows begin. Assuming the election goes as expected, I assume that Freerepublic.com and reddit.com/r/The_Donald will be good places to start.

Please enjoy yourselves!
Prescient...

http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/...9&postcount=34
  #11  
Old 11-08-2016, 06:20 PM
panache45's Avatar
panache45 is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: NE Ohio (the 'burbs)
Posts: 48,894
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Devil's Grandmother View Post
@DonaldTrump, your lawyers got a spanked by a GIRL-Judge!
That's nothing ... Trump is gonna get pantsed by a woman who's a bigger man than he is. And she's got bigger hands too.
  #12  
Old 11-08-2016, 06:26 PM
CaptMurdock's Avatar
CaptMurdock is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: The Evildrome Boozerama
Posts: 2,088
Try the Hannity political forum. The Handroids are bashing each other with "I told you so's!" and the Sore Cruzers are flinging poo at the Trumpets.
  #13  
Old 11-08-2016, 08:17 PM
Sunny Daze's Avatar
Sunny Daze is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Bay Area Urban Sprawl
Posts: 13,001
Just wondering, why isn't this in the Pit where we could really have fun? Just wondering.
  #14  
Old 11-08-2016, 08:21 PM
snfaulkner's Avatar
snfaulkner is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: 123 Fake Street
Posts: 8,238
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny Daze View Post
Just wondering, why isn't this in the Pit where we could really have fun? Just wondering.
Patience. Soon enough. soon enough.
  #15  
Old 11-08-2016, 08:24 PM
iiandyiiii's Avatar
iiandyiiii is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Arlington, VA
Posts: 35,911
The point of the thread is to have fun with punditry/random internet troglodyte meltdowns, not really to attack Dopers. It didn't need to be in the Pit in 2016, so I'm not sure if it does now.
  #16  
Old 11-08-2016, 08:55 PM
dropzone's Avatar
dropzone is online now
Member
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Cloud Cuckoo Land
Posts: 30,084
Was it that long ago? It seems like yesterday. Or today.
  #17  
Old 11-08-2016, 09:14 PM
John Mace's Avatar
John Mace is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: South Bay
Posts: 85,197
If Hillary loses, do we get to tar and feather her and run her out of the country?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iiandyiii
It didn't need to be in the Pit in 2016, so I'm not sure if it does now.
Isn't this 2016?
  #18  
Old 11-08-2016, 09:35 PM
tomndebb is offline
Mod Rocker
Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 1999
Location: N E Ohio
Posts: 40,927

Moderating


Let's keep this somewhat light.

If one feels the need to rant and curse and froth at the mouth, we have a perfectly fine forum, The BBQ Pit, where that will be more appropriate.

[ /Moderating ]
  #19  
Old 11-08-2016, 11:51 PM
Velocity is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 15,671
At the rate things are going, it's possible the schadenfreude will be of a different type than originally envisioned...

Last edited by Velocity; 11-08-2016 at 11:52 PM.
  #20  
Old 11-08-2016, 11:59 PM
iiandyiiii's Avatar
iiandyiiii is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Arlington, VA
Posts: 35,911
If anyone wants to take joy from my sorrow, please do so -- maybe someone can get some joy out of tonight.
  #21  
Old 11-09-2016, 12:25 AM
Darth Ayebaw is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Big Lake. AK
Posts: 257
I kind of figured whoever it was would likely only have a single term anyways... so... be glad for 2020?
  #22  
Old 11-09-2016, 10:19 AM
HurricaneDitka is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 14,958
HELLO Hello hello


So ... I guess I'll have this thread to myself now?
  #23  
Old 11-09-2016, 03:55 PM
HurricaneDitka is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 14,958
Alright, let's get to the basking in the sorrows of Clinton supporters. "liberal tears" have been a bit of a joke among conservatives for a while now, but, turns out, they're really a thing.

The videos here were rather well-done, with some touching music to make you feel like a proper evil conservative for laughing.

It's also probably worth starting a move-to-Canada watch for all the loud-mouth celebrities that said they'd be moving on now.

ETA: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/...8666712612.jpg but I think the girl left-of-center might be a stealth Trump supporter, with that smirk.

Last edited by HurricaneDitka; 11-09-2016 at 03:57 PM.
  #24  
Old 11-09-2016, 04:05 PM
HurricaneDitka is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 14,958
"This might be the best thing ever" <-- that's the title of the tweet, not my description. Drama queens are only mildly entertaining.

Crush your enemies
See them driven before you
Hear the lamentations of their women


Ben Garrison cartoon

Here is a video of the comical DU hack

I actually signed into FaceBook for the first time in months, just for the laughs. It did not disappoint.
  #25  
Old 11-10-2016, 02:44 AM
HurricaneDitka is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 14,958
Here is a nice compilation of drama queens:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNi1hKi9Z5c

warning: turn down the volume for the first one, she's a screamer.

Last edited by HurricaneDitka; 11-10-2016 at 02:44 AM.
  #26  
Old 11-10-2016, 04:32 AM
Pearl Clutching Provocateur is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Southern California
Posts: 374
The agony and disappointment of Clinton supporters will be the foundation of many great memes. I've seen many images of teary snowflakes that will inspire creativity. To my liberal friends, you may be utterly depressed, but you may become famous also. So cheer up.
  #27  
Old 11-10-2016, 04:43 AM
adaher is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Florida
Posts: 28,896
I take no joy in the sadness of liberals on the ground. I didn't want Trump to be President either.

However, I do take great joy in Hillary Clinton being denied the office she felt entitled to and fully expected to win. I take great joy in the wasted money by all the banks and other wealthy folks who thought they were buying influence. I take great joy in President Obama's disappointment, a man who said he would take it as a personal insult if his fans didn't turn out for him. And then they didn't. He leaves behind a party decimated since he took office. As much as I disagree with Democrats, they didn't deserve for this to happen. But Obama himself, he earned having to turn over the keys to Donald Trump. I so wish I'd been in the room with him when he'd seen the results come in.
  #28  
Old 11-10-2016, 10:22 AM
puddleglum's Avatar
puddleglum is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: a van down by the river
Posts: 6,704
As someone who did not vote for Trump by far the best thing about the election is all the schadenfreude. My favorite so far is from the Ringer which gets bonus points for being a sports site. Here is the whole thing.
Some of my favorite excerpts "This strong female body somehow held it together through North Carolina and Florida." "I could feel the throb of millions of others sick with this whiplash, or much worse. I know that there are bodies that feel even more threatened than mine in their own homes and their own country, that there are places I can go but they can’t. As a white woman I will be ashamed for the rest of my life by that number: 53 percent.."
One must have a heart of stone to read that without laughing.
  #29  
Old 11-10-2016, 12:32 PM
Weird_AL_Einstein is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 1,469
Quote:
Originally Posted by adaher View Post
I take no joy in the sadness of liberals on the ground. I didn't want Trump to be President either.

However, I do take great joy in Hillary Clinton being denied the office she felt entitled to and fully expected to win. I take great joy in the wasted money by all the banks and other wealthy folks who thought they were buying influence. I take great joy in President Obama's disappointment, a man who said he would take it as a personal insult if his fans didn't turn out for him. And then they didn't.
What he said.
  #30  
Old 11-10-2016, 01:30 PM
joyfool is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: East Texas
Posts: 9,813
People's abject hatred of Hillary is, erm, interesting.
  #31  
Old 11-10-2016, 10:15 PM
adaher is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Florida
Posts: 28,896
I've never hated Clinton, I actually dislike Obama a lot more. But I have always disliked her assumption that she should be President and it's enjoyable to see her denied.
  #32  
Old 11-11-2016, 02:30 AM
adaher is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Florida
Posts: 28,896
I must have missed this, but I just found out about Obama's sick burn of Trump at the 2011 WH Correspondents dinner. One thing that used to annoy me to no end was Democrats linking to videos of the President or some comedy talk show host supposedly taking Republicans down. Well, if Obama got in a sick burn on Trump in 2011, how sick is Trump's comeback that was five years in the making?

Sickest burn ever.
  #33  
Old 11-11-2016, 02:32 AM
adaher is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Florida
Posts: 28,896
Oh, and the intro to the Stephen Colbert election special? MUCH funnier in the context of a Trump win.
  #34  
Old 11-11-2016, 04:33 PM
HurricaneDitka is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 14,958
Huma Abedin is apparently having a very bad week.

There are reports of Hillary Clinton sobbing uncontrollably on Election Night, but I have no way to verify or refute it.
  #35  
Old 11-11-2016, 05:02 PM
Little_Pig is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Mountain View Ca.
Posts: 3,382
Rev. Graham: God Intervened Nov. 8 to Stop 'Atheistic, Progressive Agenda' in America.

Whew! Well I guess that clears everything up.
  #36  
Old 11-11-2016, 06:31 PM
Frankenstein Monster is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Europe
Posts: 768
Is this funny enough?

Cornell students hold ‘Cry In’ over Trump victory

I'm a (very) bleeding heart liberal myself but even I never thought Trump's presidency is going to be as bad as some people seem to think.
  #37  
Old 11-11-2016, 06:53 PM
Spice Weasel is offline
Guest
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Michigan
Posts: 16,870
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenstein Monster View Post
Is this funny enough?

Cornell students hold ‘Cry In’ over Trump victory

I'm a (very) bleeding heart liberal myself but even I never thought Trump's presidency is going to be as bad as some people seem to think.
People are overreacting. I have more sympathy for the minorities in fear of an increase of violent hate crimes, because it would suck not to feel safe in your town or your school. The media is also stoking those fears by pointing to black churches being burned, children being racially harassed at school, and other apparently politically motivated acts of hate. I say 'stoking' cuz I'm not sure statistically if there has been a significant increase in racially and sexually motivated attacks. But get real... if it was your ass on the line, that shit would scare you, and right now it feels like that hate is everywhere. My friends are scared. Whether it's rational or not, the fear is real.

So I sympathize but I also question to what extent people are just assuming the worst to be true. I have no such fears personally because I'm a rather unremarkable white woman. I overreacted myself, but that's nothing new.
  #38  
Old 11-11-2016, 07:17 PM
Spice Weasel is offline
Guest
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Michigan
Posts: 16,870
Well, apparently every single black freshman at my Alma mater was targeted by an app (GroupMe) that scheduled them for Nigger Lynchings and sent by one who identified himself as Daddy Trump. Let's see who laughs at those tears.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
  #39  
Old 11-11-2016, 08:14 PM
HurricaneDitka is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 14,958
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spice Weasel View Post
Well, apparently every single black freshman at my Alma mater was targeted by an app (GroupMe) that scheduled them for Nigger Lynchings and sent by one who identified himself as Daddy Trump. Let's see who laughs at those tears.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
I don't really know what you're talking about, but it sounds an awful lot like another one of those liberal hoaxes.
  #40  
Old 11-11-2016, 08:21 PM
Spice Weasel is offline
Guest
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Michigan
Posts: 16,870
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDitka View Post
I don't really know what you're talking about, but it sounds an awful lot like another one of those liberal hoaxes.
I wish to hell it was, but looks legit.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20...html?mobi=true
  #41  
Old 11-11-2016, 09:06 PM
Ukulele Ike is offline
Charter Member
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Jul 1999
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 17,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDitka View Post
I don't really know what you're talking about, but it sounds an awful lot like another one of those liberal hoaxes.
Damn. Those liberal hoaxers certainly are....energetic.
  #42  
Old 11-11-2016, 09:18 PM
Spice Weasel is offline
Guest
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Michigan
Posts: 16,870
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukulele Ike View Post
Damn. Those liberal hoaxers certainly are....energetic.
They managed to catch the attention of the FBI and everything.
  #43  
Old 11-11-2016, 10:59 PM
adaher is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Florida
Posts: 28,896
There have been some hoaxes already confirmed and I'm sure there's also some real incidents, although most of what I've seen isn't even newsworthy. Asian kids have been targeted by African-American kids for bullying for years and that doesn't get reported, but someone writes something in a bathroom stall and CNN has to cover that.
  #44  
Old 11-12-2016, 12:00 AM
HurricaneDitka is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 14,958
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spice Weasel View Post
I wish to hell it was, but looks legit.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20...html?mobi=true
I think i'll reserve judgement until they identify the person(s) who sent the messages, but it won't be much of a surprise to me if it turns out that the individual(s) are black.

Last edited by HurricaneDitka; 11-12-2016 at 12:01 AM.
  #45  
Old 11-12-2016, 12:19 AM
Spice Weasel is offline
Guest
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Michigan
Posts: 16,870
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDitka View Post
I think i'll reserve judgement until they identify the person(s) who sent the messages, but it won't be much of a surprise to me if it turns out that the individual(s) are black.
Yeah, that totally makes sense.
  #46  
Old 11-12-2016, 01:21 AM
HurricaneDitka is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 14,958
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spice Weasel View Post
Yeah, that totally makes sense.
Faking hate crimes for sympathy is just one of many things liberals do that doesn't make much sense.
  #47  
Old 11-12-2016, 02:56 AM
Superdude's Avatar
Superdude is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: The Fortress of Solidude
Posts: 10,678
Quote:
Originally Posted by puddleglum View Post
As someone who did not vote for Trump by far the best thing about the election is all the schadenfreude. My favorite so far is from the Ringer which gets bonus points for being a sports site. Here is the whole thing.
Some of my favorite excerpts "This strong female body somehow held it together through North Carolina and Florida." "I could feel the throb of millions of others sick with this whiplash, or much worse. I know that there are bodies that feel even more threatened than mine in their own homes and their own country, that there are places I can go but they can’t. As a white woman I will be ashamed for the rest of my life by that number: 53 percent.."
One must have a heart of stone to read that without laughing.
My favorite was San Antonio Spurs head coach Greg Popovich, who was not happy with the election results, either.
  #48  
Old 11-12-2016, 03:23 AM
Velocity is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 15,671
Quote:
Originally Posted by adaher View Post
Asian kids have been targeted by African-American kids for bullying for years and that doesn't get reported, but someone writes something in a bathroom stall and CNN has to cover that.
As an Asian-American this has long irritated me. Within the heirarchy of racial minorities, it's almost like Asians are like de facto white people, in the sense that you can depict a black person being the victim of Asian racism but you had better not depict an Asian being the victim of black racism. Or if affirmative action works against Asians, that's OK, because they're kind of like white people and not a "real minority" anyway.


I am not attacking black people at all in this comment, but rather, criticizing the double standard.


Anyway, thread derailment over.
  #49  
Old 11-13-2016, 11:59 AM
HurricaneDitka is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 14,958
Michael Moore tried to speak with President-Elect Trump, Secret Service sent him outside instead.
  #50  
Old 11-13-2016, 12:39 PM
HurricaneDitka is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 14,958
Sam Wang eats a bug
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:46 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Send questions for Cecil Adams to: cecil@straightdope.com

Send comments about this website to: webmaster@straightdope.com

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy

Advertise on the Straight Dope!
(Your direct line to thousands of the smartest, hippest people on the planet, plus a few total dipsticks.)

Copyright © 2019 STM Reader, LLC.

 
Copyright © 2017