Old 01-11-2018, 10:30 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDitka View Post
No one's going to give her shit for saying "I’m on the Democrat team"? Really? That's usually such a sore spot for you guys.
I've never understood the reaction by many Dems and lefties to the phrase 'Democrat party' which is what I assume you're referring to. Certain conservatives' use of that phrase was IMHO for the purpose of getting under Dems' skin - and the best reaction to something like that is to just ignore it, let it go. (A lesson it took me too long to learn as a kid. Different phrases of course, but same idea.)

There are, from my liberal perspective, lots of things that the Republicans do that are worth getting riled about. This is somewhere down around #1,473 on the list.
Old 01-11-2018, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTFirefly View Post
I've never understood the reaction by many Dems and lefties to the phrase 'Democrat party' which is what I assume you're referring to. Certain conservatives' use of that phrase was IMHO for the purpose of getting under Dems' skin - and the best reaction to something like that is to just ignore it, let it go. (A lesson it took me too long to learn as a kid. Different phrases of course, but same idea.)

There are, from my liberal perspective, lots of things that the Republicans do that are worth getting riled about. This is somewhere down around #1,473 on the list.
Yes, it was a bit of a joke about that very reaction. I agree with this post. Republicans shouldn't do it with the intent of annoying Dems and Dems shouldn't let it annoy them so much.
Old 01-11-2018, 12:02 PM
Charter Member

Pursuant to my authority as Queen of Romania, I issue the following decree: that whomsoever shall refer to the results of this election as a "clear mandate" from "the People" in favor of the Republican agenda shall be flayed in the public square.

"Flogged" in the public square. Darn auto-correct! We are a benevolent monarch, and would never impose such a punishment. Not for a first offense, at any rate...
Old 01-11-2018, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elucidator View Post
Pursuant to my authority as Queen of Romania, I issue the following decree: that whomsoever shall refer to the results of this election as a "clear mandate" from "the People" in favor of the Republican agenda shall be flayed in the public square.

"Flogged" in the public square. Darn auto-correct! We are a benevolent monarch, and would never impose such a punishment. Not for a first offense, at any rate...
And the GOP from now on shall be known as the Republic Party.
Old 01-11-2018, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John DiFool View Post
And the GOP from now on shall be known as the Republic Party.
Too may letters, let's just go with pubic.
Old 01-11-2018, 02:15 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Pursuant to my authority as Queen of Romania
Life is a glorious cycle of song.
Old 01-11-2018, 02:20 PM

Quote:

Of course it's not a mandate from the voters, leaving it up to the voters could make a mistake.

By drawing lots, they left it up to god, and god chose the republican candidate.
Old 11-05-2019, 09:30 PM

Rematch...

Shelly Simonds projected as winner of Virginia’s 94th District House race

Quote:
Democrat Shelly Simonds has been projected as the winner of the House of Delegates race for Virginia’s 94th District. She beat Republican incumbent candidate David Yancey and flipped the seat.

In 2017, the race for the 94th District seat was tied. In January 2018, Yancey’s name was drawn from a bowl that allowed Republicans to continue to control the House of Delegates.