Old 11-07-2019, 04:42 PM

Damn! I recently discovered this show, and have been binge watching it on Netflix the past two weeks. Last night I watched the finale of Season 3. Just now I went to watch the start of Season 4 . . . and it's gone! Utterly, wiped away. They list the episodes of the first three seasons, but 4 has apparently been cornfielded.

Why do they do this? Why? It's their show, it's not like some rental period ran out or whatever.
Old 11-07-2019, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarvingButStrong View Post
Damn! I recently discovered this show, and have been binge watching it on Netflix the past two weeks. Last night I watched the finale of Season 3. Just now I went to watch the start of Season 4 . . . and it's gone! Utterly, wiped away. They list the episodes of the first three seasons, but 4 has apparently been cornfielded.

Why do they do this? Why? It's their show, it's not like some rental period ran out or whatever.
Netflix has to wait until Season 5 starts airing on AMC. And since they've decided to delay airing the next season until Judgment Day (it seems), you've got a while to wait.
Old 11-07-2019, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftg View Post
Netflix has to wait until Season 5 starts airing on AMC. And since they've decided to delay airing the next season until Judgment Day (it seems), you've got a while to wait.
Huh. Do you mean I would not have been able to watch Season 4 even if I'd been quicker? The little 'show info' thingie used to have tabs for all four seasons (though I don't think I ever clicked on the fourth season, so maybe they didn't list the titles/recaps of those episodes at all) while now it only has tabs for 1, 2, and 3.

VERY annoying. (Yes, spoiled rotten First Worlder.)

So could someone at least tell me, in a spoiler box if appropriate, did they ever reveal what was mysteriously sucking up the electricity that Chuck never found?
Old 11-08-2019, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarvingButStrong View Post
It's not a Netflix show, it's an AMC show. The easiest way to tell is that it's structured to have commercial breaks, while Netflix originals do not because there are no commercials on Netflix.

Unlike, say, hulu, which annoys me with their commercial television episode structure.

Last edited by Ellis Dee; 11-08-2019 at 06:57 AM.
Old 11-08-2019, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Dee View Post
Unlike, say, hulu, which annoys me with their commercial television episode structure.
You can pay the extra six bucks a month for ad-free, although it isn't actually 100% ad-free, it's more like 90-95%.
Old 11-08-2019, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Dee View Post
It's not a Netflix show, it's an AMC show. The easiest way to tell is that it's structured to have commercial breaks, while Netflix originals do not because there are no commercials on Netflix.
Oh. I didn't know that, though I did often think to myself when the screen would go black for a second, "Here's where a commercial would go."

Okay. I will redirect my ire at AMC.
Old 11-08-2019, 09:40 AM
Charter Member

Back when TV shows were released on DVD (and later Bluray), the immediate past season was not released on DVD until the new season was just about to premiere. So the late availability of Better Call Saul on Netflix is nothing new.
Old 11-08-2019, 03:23 PM
SD Curator of Critters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey Finn View Post
Back when TV shows were released on DVD (and later Bluray), the immediate past season was not released on DVD until the new season was just about to premiere. So the late availability of Better Call Saul on Netflix is nothing new.
I started watching Breaking Bad on DVD when the series was on its fourth season. I eventually caught up, only to have to wait to get the last ones until the next season premiered.
Old 11-08-2019, 03:29 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey Finn View Post
This seems to suggest TV shows are no longer released on DVD. Not only have all 4 seasons of Better Call Saul been released on DVD, you can get them via Netflix. I just watched Season 4 very recently via Netflix.